SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XY didn't get DLC despite how easy it would be. Surely there's another 40 pokemon waiting in the DLC wings. Surely all those ~mysteries~ will be added in later with explanations.
XY didn't get the ORAS megas as an update.
ORAS never got DLC despite how "obvious" it would be. Surely the battle frontier references are secret teases for DLC.

So no, something tells me that there won't be any DLC here, or at least certainly not on the level of A New Region and a battle frontier and all that jazz. It's the 20th anniversary and the entire prevailing point has been a celebration of the Kanto games. Kanto gets referenced all the time regardless.
A reference is just a reference sometimes.
Well, yeah, i agree with you.

I'm just saying that Gamefreak has the opportunity (once again...lol) to make it happen finally. But what you say is what i mean about Gamefreak and expectations...

One thing I have been wondering for a while and I don't think I've seen mentioned yet, is Wonder Trade still around? I also saw someone ask about Super Training and didn't see any answer about that either.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Last edited:
Is there a feature similar to the DexNav that makes it possible to catch Pokémon with egg moves?

I want to know if it is possible to get a Stealth Rock Skarmory pre-Pokébank (Skarmory only learns Stealth Rock via Move Tutor or by passing it down to other Skarmory).

I saw the thing about legends being shiny locked, was wondering if that had the dieties rounded in with them. I realize they are "legends" but still curious. Don't know if anyone even knows unless a data miner released further info

I saw the thing about legends being shiny locked, was wondering if that had the dieties rounded in with them. I realize they are "legends" but still curious. Don't know if anyone even knows unless a data miner released further info
Yes, the Tapus and UBs are shiny locked too.

Interesting mechanic, looking forward to trying it out in a week's time! I do have a couple questions though..

- Do you know if the summoning chance can be amplified by sleep, burn, poison etc. would they stack with low HP + Adrenaline Orbs?
- Does the summoner have to be kept alive for the chain to continue, e.g. can the initial ally in turn summon its own ally if the original's KO'd?
- Is the ally always the same species, or can it be any wild mon found in the area?
- I wouldn't chance a status effect as you don't want to jeopardize the chain by the surviving pokemon dying inadvertently. Getting them down to low health with Adrenaline Orb in play is more than sufficient. It does seem like chaining goes quicker and cries for help come with greater frequency as the chain gets longer.

- For much the same reason as above, you don't want a wild pokemon running out of PP and struggling to death. So the objective IS to kill the original summoner and let the called ally summon for its own replacement. You want to shuffle back and forth between the two in a steady rotation.

- My understanding is that they can summon an ally within the same species family that happens to also be found in the same encounter table area already. When Skarmory was being farmed, the only thing that showed up was other Skarmory because it's pretty darn unique as a Steel-Flying bird. It had that typing all to itself until Celesteela showed up. But if you were to chain Lucario, he would sometimes call Riolu which are in the same area. Farming Tauros might result in a Miltank appearing as an ally (yeah, different evolution family but they're sort of joined at the hip now like Illumise and Volbeat). Farming Pikachu might result in Pichu showing up, etc.

Anyone know what happened to Kaphotics's datamine videos? The ones displaying the stats of every single new mon? They seem to have disappeared.

C'mon guys, stop fighting over something you can resolve with a google search. DLC with physical 3DS games is completely possible. Jump to some other discussion point that isn't complaining about the shininess flag existing on important legendaries for the third gen in a row.

new question: does the national dex not exist in sun & moon
i didnt realize it until endless on serebii mentioned it but there's been no pokedex images for them and no dex entries outside the alola dex

C'mon guys, stop fighting over something you can resolve with a google search. DLC with physical 3DS games is completely possible. Jump to some other discussion point that isn't complaining about the shininess flag existing on important legendaries for the third gen in a row.
?? Whats the point of deleting my posts? O_O

SSB would disagree with you.

?? Whats the point of deleting my posts? O_O
Because the conversation was getting out of hand and diving into a completely off topic into an unrelated conversation. Please keep the discussion in this thread reasonably on topic instead of devoting half a page of content to arguing about if 3ds games can have DLC.

Keep in mind all the posts that were deleted were not infracted or punished in any fashion. No hard feelings whatsoever, just want to make the thread more readable.

SSB would disagree with you.
I don't know what subtlety I'm missing here that's keeping this conversation going, but the fact is, you can have DLC for a 3DS game. This isn't the place to go into the specifics of how and where the data's stored.

So I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but are we going to get like a beta meta on the showdown servers in the next few days? Just wondering tbh, I'm dying to try out a few team ideas already. If not I can hold it until the 18th...I just don't want to do that. ;___;

- I wouldn't chance a status effect as you don't want to jeopardize the chain by the surviving pokemon dying inadvertently. Getting them down to low health with Adrenaline Orb in play is more than sufficient. It does seem like chaining goes quicker and cries for help come with greater frequency as the chain gets longer.

- For much the same reason as above, you don't want a wild pokemon running out of PP and struggling to death. So the objective IS to kill the original summoner and let the called ally summon for its own replacement. You want to shuffle back and forth between the two in a steady rotation.

- My understanding is that they can summon an ally within the same species family that happens to also be found in the same encounter table area already. When Skarmory was being farmed, the only thing that showed up was other Skarmory because it's pretty darn unique as a Steel-Flying bird. It had that typing all to itself until Celesteela showed up. But if you were to chain Lucario, he would sometimes call Riolu which are in the same area. Farming Tauros might result in a Miltank appearing as an ally (yeah, different evolution family but they're sort of joined at the hip now like Illumise and Volbeat). Farming Pikachu might result in Pichu showing up, etc.
I had a friend claim that a Cubone called a Kangaskhan of all things to help in-battle. Is it a nod to that one old theory about Kangaskhan being Cubone's mother? Seems like it. :p

So I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but are we going to get like a beta meta on the showdown servers in the next few days? Just wondering tbh, I'm dying to try out a few team ideas already. If not I can hold it until the 18th...I just don't want to do that. ;___;
If Showdown put up all the new Pokemon to play with online before official release they'd get hit with a massive C&D from The Pokemon Company. Possibly worse repercussions.

Hey, newbie here. I'm trying to make sense of the encounter tables in the mining thread. Specifically, the different "slot types." If I encounter a Pichu in a grass patch on Route 1 for example, it's drawing from one of these two tables, depending on day/night:

Code:
Table 3:
Slot Type 1 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Metapod (10%), Caterpie (10%), Grubbin (10%), Pichu (5%)
Slot Type 2 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 3 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 4 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 5 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 6 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Grubbin (10%), Happiny (5%)
Slot Type 7 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pichu (5%)
Slot Type 8 (Levels 3-5): Yungoos (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pichu (5%)
Table 4:
Slot Type 1 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Metapod (10%), Caterpie (10%), Grubbin (10%), Pichu (5%)
Slot Type 2 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 3 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 4 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 5 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pikachu (5%)
Slot Type 6 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Grubbin (10%), Happiny (5%)
Slot Type 7 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pichu (5%)
Slot Type 8 (Levels 3-5): Rattata (Forme 1) (30%), Caterpie (20%), Pikipek (20%), Spinarak (15%), Grubbin (10%), Pichu (5%)
Does that mean I will never encounter a Pikachu or Happiny in the grass patch I found the Pichu? Or does it mean that there's a 1 in 8 change it'll pick slot type 6, and then a 1 in 20 chance it'll pick Happiny, making Happiny a total of a 1/160 encounter rate?
Assuming the former, has anyone started putting together lists for which grass patches have what encounters?

Sun: Solgaleo, UB02-Absorption, UB04-Blade, Lycanroc Midday, Turtonator, Passimian, A-Ninetales, Garchomp, Goodra, Rampardos, Carracosta, Braviary, Whimsicott.
Moon: Lunala, UB02-Beauty, UB04-Blaster, Lycanroc Midnight, Drampa, Oranguru, A-Sandslash, Metagross, Flygon, Bastiodon, Archeops, Mandibuzz, Lilligant.

So Sun gets 2 exclusive psuedos legendaries and Moon gets none? bruh

If Showdown put up all the new Pokemon to play with online before official release they'd get hit with a massive C&D from The Pokemon Company. Possibly worse repercussions.
Yeah I get that, I know they did it last time around that's why I asked. GF seems to be cracking down harder this time around though so I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)