SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we may get what many thought was going to happen with Black 2 and White 2, and an hypothetical Z?

(I think it would not be a bad idea to recover the "third version" formula and call it Eclipse)

Are you referring to Pokemon Stars for the Nintendo Switch? This is not a rumor for those claiming it is, and it was originally scheduled to release in July of next year, but has instead been pushed out to winter of 2017. Edit: it's a rumor in that we haven't received official details. However, this is in line with the Pokemon Company stating they would have a Pokemon game ready to support the Nintendo Switch in 2017. Pokemon "Stars" seems to be the current code.

For those curious, Google "Pokemon Stars".

Last edited:
Are you referring to Pokemon Stars for the Nintendo Switch? This is not a rumor for those claiming it is, and it was originally scheduled to release in July of next year, but has instead been pushed out to winter of 2017. Edit: it's a rumor in that we haven't received official details. However, this is in line with the Pokemon Company stating they would have a Pokemon game ready to support the Nintendo Switch in 2017. Pokemon "Stars" seems to be the current code.

For those curious, Google "Pokemon Stars".
It is a rumor in every sense of the word. Rumors can be true, but they can also be false. If this rumor turns out to be true it will still have been a rumor. Any idiot could know that the Pokémon Company stated they'd have a Pokémon game for the Switch in 2017 and come up with a name and concept for it.

I'm not saying the rumor can't be true, it might well be, but there are several reasons to not buy into it, the most important being that they have never split a generation between consoles. Game Freak is also very adamant against making Pokémon games for the TV, although it can be argued that the Switch counts as a Handheld.

EDIT: Asking people to google something for sources when making a claim is also offensively lazy and poor discussion etiquette.

Is it confirmed that if your starter is shiny, it'll show in the scene where it has to "choose you too"? So you don't have to wait until the entire scene is over to check?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The rumor coming out the day the games release is also pretty suspicious. It's like somebody wants to hurt the game's sales.

It is a rumor in every sense of the word. Rumors can be true, but they can also be false. If this rumor turns out to be true it will still have been a rumor. Any idiot could know that the Pokémon Company stated they'd have a Pokémon game for the Switch in 2017 and come up with a name and concept for it.

I'm not saying the rumor can't be true, it might well be, but there are several reasons to not buy into it, the most important being that they have never split a generation between consoles. Game Freak is also very adamant against making Pokémon games for the TV, although it can be argued that the Switch counts as a Handheld.

EDIT: Asking people to google something for sources when making a claim is also offensively lazy and poor discussion etiquette.
Whoa, chill out (the "any idiot and "offensively lazy" was unnecessarily adversarial for something I didn't use attacking words against anyone in my prior post for). I did the edit in correction much like you stated the rumor could still turn true. You've stated the reasons why this particular console could likely be the exception to the former GF position, so no need to make that argument here, nor was it intended as an argument.

The Google suggestion was for those curious, since it was this very day that the news exploded about it as a credible, likely to come to fruition, rumor in so many places, I'd rather allow others to take their pick than offer up a link that would likely open me up to further scrutiny because someone learns that said source has always been wrong, and it just happened to be the one of 50 I "lazily" slapped on (and I admit I would be lazy here in this pursuit).

Whoa, chill out (the "any idiot and "offensively lazy" was unnecessarily adversarial for something I didn't use attacking words against anyone in my prior post for). I did the edit in correction much like you stated the rumor could still turn true. You've stated the reasons why this particular console could likely be the exception to the former GF position, so no need to make that argument here, nor was it intended as an argument.

The Google suggestion was for those curious, since it was this very day that the news exploded about it as a credible, likely to come to fruition, rumor in so many places, I'd rather allow others to take their pick than offer up a link that would likely open me up to further scrutiny because someone learns that said source has always been wrong, and it just happened to be the one of 50 I "lazily" slapped on (and I admit I would be lazy here in this pursuit).
I'm sorry I came off harsh, I meant no offense, I'm just tired of people using google as a source and lack of proper arguments in discussions and in this instance asking people to google is lazy. The rumor has a source, if the source is credible then there should be ways for you or others who believe the rumor to provide the information. It is also suspicious that the site where the rumor originated only states "multiple sources" without providing anything to prove their credibility. I know Eurogamer got the NX rumor right, but they also posted rumors that turned out to be false, although I must admit their track record is somewhat impressive. Still, I shouldn't know this because of a google search, I should know it because you brought it up when you said "This is not a rumor for those claiming it is".

I'm sorry I came off harsh, I meant no offense, I'm just tired of people using google as a source and lack of proper arguments in discussions and in this instance asking people to google is lazy. The rumor has a source, if the source is credible then there should be ways for you or others who believe the rumor to provide the information. It is also suspicious that the site where the rumor originated only states "multiple sources" without providing anything to prove their credibility. I know Eurogamer got the NX rumor right, but they also posted rumors that turned out to be false, although I must admit their track record is somewhat impressive. Still, I shouldn't know this because of a google search, I should know it because you brought it up when you said "This is not a rumor for those claiming it is".
Fair point. I appreciate the constructive input.

If this does end up being a rumor that pans out, and seeing as the intent of the switch seems to be phasing out the 3DS as well going forward, perhaps this is their (Pokemon Company) "safe" method of testing the waters on the new console, using an HD version of the already successful Pokemon Sun and Moon games on 3DS?

Certainly not everyone will likely jump on this, especially those who already own 3ds versions, however, if multiple save files become an option on the Switch version...oh my! That in and of itself would be a big deal.

I only stress multiple save files because as a console, these won't be as easily affordable as a 2DS or 3DS (non XL version) for a family that has several kids who want to play too. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics of such an attempt to bring Pokemon to a hybrid console will be handled.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
They could have had multiple save files per cartridge on the GBA or earlier, if they wanted to. It's just that restricting it to one gives them much more profit.

They could have had multiple save files per cartridge on the GBA or earlier, if they wanted to. It's just that restricting it to one gives them much more profit.
While profit will always be a goal of any business seeking to grow itself, I would wager that one logical reasoning in limiting the save files would be to encourage trade and maintain the value and rarity of Legendary and event Pokemon for trade.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the QR team sharing feature.

More specifically, if it will motivate anyone to try to reverse engineer the process and make something to turn those QR codes on Pokemon Showdown importable teams :P

I'm curious about the QR team sharing feature.

More specifically, if it will motivate anyone to try to reverse engineer the process and make something to turn those QR codes on Pokemon Showdown importable teams :P
SciresM works on that

Meanwhile, do non-Alolan Pikachu, Exeggcute etc. evolve into Alolan ones when transferred to Gen 7 games? I know that Pokebank doesn't currently work between gen6 and gen7 but this is hackable

Okay, has anyone knowledge as to weather pokemon with alolan forms can be bread in alola for their basic form? For example, when bank is available, can one transfer in a classic drought vulpix and breed it for the "alolan" pentagon???

If not, are we now seeing the death of any classic pokemon with aloan forms in the new competitions that require pentagon?

Okay, has anyone knowledge as to weather pokemon with alolan forms can be bread in alola for their basic form? For example, when bank is available, can one transfer in a classic drought vulpix and breed it for the "alolan" pentagon???

If not, are we now seeing the death of any classic pokemon with aloan forms in the new competitions that require pentagon?
You can breed non alolan forms by giving the non alolan parent the Everstone to hold.

About the remake, I think they've produced pokemons and characters ressources with enough definition to re-use them in a HD game. That's probably why handheld consoles don't like S/M too much. Just look how well the models looks on Citra with Resolution unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)