SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with an all-bird team for my first run - Decidueye, Toucannon, Pelipper, and Baile Oricorio are definites even though they're all early-game. Murkrow is also pretty much a given despite coming so late. And the last one depends on the version - Archeops in Moon as it's exclusive; Skarmory in Sun because even though I love Braviary, I need more types and later mon.

I'm only using 4 pokemon the first time, Incineroar, Wishiwashi, Minior, and Zygarde 10%. Incineroar is the best starter this generation by a mile, then the other three accidentally ended up being form change pokemon, even though they genuinely are some of my favorite pokemon this generation. I suppose it's mainly because it would be interesting to see how their respective form changes function in battle. Normally I just use 4 pokemon in game so the last two slots can be HM slaves. Now, I suppose that isn't necessary anymore but I'll stick with two empty slots, so I can start using the Exp Share to level up/evolve pokemon so I can actually complete the pokedex for once.

Then, for the next times I play through the game, I'm really into monotypes so I will do that. Electric first, because I already did an Ultimate Monotype for that type, so I might as well continue it. Electric is looking really good this generation, with the Tapu Koko and Raichu-A tag team.

Primarina: I've always liked the water starters and Primarina blows holes in just about everything.
Salazzle: Mainly because I wanted Salandit since I saw it, also she probably the only speedy thing in Alola not named Pheromosa.
Alolan Ninetales: Needing to trade one over from Sun will be a bit of a pain, but I don't mind since I'm in love with the design of Alolatales.
Alolan Exeggutor: This one probably speaks for itself.
Kommo-o: Again, this is a case of "wanting one since I saw it," though this may get a lot of filler 'mons in its slot since it seems to show up very late in the game.
Palossand: It's mainly on here for some type variety and since Golisopod gets a trash ability.

Anyone knows if you can get Porygon in the main game?
It should be available on island 3.

Anyway, my ingame team:

I wanted to use solely new Pokemon and Alolan Formes on my team, but I quickly came to realize that I lacked any fast physical attackers, and I don't particularly want to use Alolan Dugtrio right now. (I'd use Midday Lycanroc to fill this niche this if I was getting Sun, but I'm not, so oh well.) As a result, I figured I'd try out the new and improved Dragon Dance Flygon!

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Mostly new Pokemon with a Garchomp to ensure victory. I may use Bewear > Kommo-O for awhile since Jangmo comes late. I wasn't originally going to use Tsareena, but its movepool and stats turned out a lot better than I expected.

Other Possible Members: Leafeon/Tsareena/Vikivolt/Emolga over Raichu-A, Salalzzle over Arcanine if I'm lucky with Genders,

Primarina: Popplio is hands-down my favorite starter and Brionne is so gosh dang adorable. I like Decidueye more than Primarina, design-wise, to be completely honest but Primarina's prevo's combined with it's Stats makes it the choice for me. Plus, I have a good track record with Fairies (my Sylveon in X, and Mega Altaria in AS were both amazing), so I'm excited.
Snorlax: Early Game event that I can actually get this time (I missed both Torchic and Shiny Beldum)? Check. Never used one? Check. Learns Brick Break to wreck the first trial? Check. PULVERIZING PANCAKE? OVER 9000 CHECKS.

Arcanine (Salazzle): Needed some Speed and a Fire-type. Originally wanted to use Slazzle, but then I saw that it was like Combee and didn't want to go through the struggle, so I went with old reliable. I've used multiple Arcanine (even one in my Crystal Let's Play) and they do not disappoint and it even gets a new move to try, too. If I'm lucky enough to get a female Salandit, then this spot belongs to Salazzle.

Lycanroc-Midday: I love this thing's stats and design, plus I never use Rock-types, so this was a clear choice.

Mudsdale: Sophocles and Solgaleo. Plus, it will be hilarious watching it's Defense go up every battle. Flygon might fill this slot instead, especially if I use a Vikivolt, Salazzle, or other Alolan Pokemon

Raichu-Alolan: I needed an Electric or Grass-type. First, it was Vikivolt, but it's stats were a little too slow for me, despite it's amazing design. Then, I saw that Alolan Raichu was available early and I didn't have a Psychic-type, like I wanted, so I figured "Why not?" Plus, I used a Kanto Raichu in X, too, and it was a beast, lemme tell you. If I don't mind the loss of Speed too much in the end, this spot belongs to Vikivolt

Last edited:
sm team.png

This is what my team is looking like so far. I was originally going to have Vikavolt instead of Ribombee, but I want most of my team to outspeed at least almost everything.
Nicknames:
Decidueye-Owliver
Salazzle-ArgonianThief
Lycanroc-Kaden
Ninetales-Junko
Ribombee-Airy (all just because of its typing)

Last edited:
This is the team I shall be using in my run-through of Moon:

Decidueye: Rowlett was always my favorite of the starters, and while it's speed is a let down, I still love it's design and typing. Plus, Spirit Shackle is cool.

Vikavolt: Easily my favorite Bug Pokemon since Volcarona based on design alone. While again. It has low speed, that base 145 Special Attack and access to decent STAB moves makes Vikavolt more than worthy of a spot on the team.

Lycanroc (Midnight): While yes, it is (unfortunately) inferior to Midday Lycanroc, design wise Midnight form is more up my alley. Besides, pure Rock is a decent offensive typing, and it can tackle flying types that would otherwise give Decidueye trouble.

Toxapex: A new favorite of mine, while Toxapex doesn't offer anything new in terms of typing, it's ability and Baneful Bunker are too good to pass up. Besides, Water STAB is always nice to have, even in-game, and the game needs a truly defensive beast.

Salazzle: From one Poison type to another Salazzle is once again, something I've wanted since even Salandit. Poison/Fire is a great Offensive Mix, and maybe it's the pheromones, but I've fallen in love with this thing.

A-Ninetails (Gonna have to get my GF to transfer me one from Sun). Ice and fairy STAB, great design. Really, what is there not to love on this? Since it's reveal, I've really wanted Alolan Ninetails.

I think I'm going monotype this time. Electric has always been my favorite type and I definitely wanna try A-Raichu, A-Golem and Vikavolt. Usually I don't run legendaries/mythics on adventure teams, but this time I think I'll run Tapu Koko since I've not many other options among 7th Gen mons; Oricorio's gonna fit in too as he adds another nice ground immunity (the first being Vikavolt's). Still can't decide on the last slot; I don't like the new Pikachu-like mon (can't remember the name) and the only other 7th Gen electric type is the electric UB, and I'm not sure I wanna use one of those.

Well I hope posting UB is not story spoilers(been avoiding all spoilers but pokemon ones)... Both teams I was pretty much set on bust by Offical news, though 1 or 2 made it in after I saw spoilers

This is my Moon team, or Team pretty ladies, or some might say team Rule 34 lol. I plan to use this as my main Moon team, though Alolan Persian will be used till I get Pheomosa. It just so happened that a lot of my favorite looking pokemon turned out lady like, so I decided to put them on a team. Once I heard of Pheromosa I had to put it in.

My Main Sun Team, or Team we be super tanky. Before I get Celesteela I'm going to use Oricorio Pompom or Skarmary. This just happened to become a very tanky team, and has some great synergy, like Palossand and Toxapex, and Alolan Ninetales giving the whole team duel screens is very nice.

I also know the second team I am making after my first moon team as well. I plan to try and make every pokemon intoi a team(At least fully evolved and some viable lower ones)

Some nice coverage her, also pokemon I have been liking for awhile. Always wanted to try a Stoutland with with Psychic fangs I have an excuse

OK, so it took me a while, but I finally decided on my full team:

Primarina (Martha): I chose Popplio day one and never looked back. I just thought it was so cute, and while I love cats and owls, the other two just didn't do it for me. I just had to have that happy little pup of a sea lion. Then, when I saw Primarina's leaked art, I was elated. It was such a cool direction to take it in. And now that I see those stats....woof. Time for this siren to crash some ships! (Nicknamed after the mermaid from Link's Awakening)

Toucannon (Aracari): Pikipek was another yes for me. I liked its design. Clean, simple, and to the point, while providing a nice little splash of color.

Enter Toucannon. I like it, too. Again, the design isn't too complex, so it kind of gets me think back to the old days, but at the same time it isn't too goofy.
(nicknamed after the Aracari, a small species of toucan)

Mimikyu (Scribbles): I mean, come on. It's Mimikyu! Who can say no to Mimikyu? Oh, and its movepool kind of rocks.

Tsareena (Jeanne): Ok, so Bounsweet didn't really jump out at me. It was cute and all, but whatever. I did like its flavor text, though.

Tsareena didn't blow me away either. I thought she looked great, with her queenly design to compliment the purple mangosteen's title of "The Queen of Fruits", and Trop Kick and Queenly Majesty intrigued me, but I didn't feel an immeadiate urge to use her.

Enter Steenee. I LOVE Steenee. It is adorable, and tomboyish, and it knocks over EVERYTHING. Sadly, however, it is very weak, so Tsareena it is! (Nicknamed after the Bayonetta character, due to the long legs and deep red color scheme)

Drampa (Eugene): It's just a big, gentle Dragon, here to frolic with the children, eat a few Berries, and BLOW YOU TO GODDAMN SMITHEREENS! I love this big lovable goof, but the massive Sp. Atk it has and its crazy diverse movepool really take the cake. (Nicknamed using a very old manish name)

Togedemaru (Ogilvie): I needed an Ice resist and I like Electric-Types. Also, It's cute and shockingly not awful. Hurray for my team of decent PikaClones! (Nicknamed after Sonic's supposedly real, and definitely ridiculous, first name)

Posible Temps: I may add these to my team until I can reach the Mons I want.

Vikavolt (Serenity)

Alolan Marowak (Reyes)

Bewear (Pabu)

Pretty satisfied with this. Gonna rotate lurantis with tsareena and ariados with...somefin, that spot is up for grabs.

Fatacate was a given because it's my favorite alolan form, same with lurantis and its being my second favorite alolan pokemon in general. Wishiwashi is my favorite alola mon but I just don't feel like using it in this playthrough. Ariados is there cause I've heard the first island is big and it seems rockruff is near the end of it, and I don't like having only two pokemon for very long. Been kind of wanting to use one again anyway, especially since it gets its own signature move now. And the other two slots are lycanroc midnight and bruxish, some of my other favorite alola mons.

Edit: actually feeling like I might not use werewolf or bruxish at all, and catch water spider on the second island along with lurantis and rotate that with ariados. I dunno, I'll figure it out as I go.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Basically my favorite set of Alola mons, with a classic FWG core and other types for coverage. Flygon is there to fill the final slot, and also provides another ground immunity for Incineroar and Toxapex as well as speed on an otherwise moderately slow team. You also can catch all of them (except Flygon) by island two, which is a big plus to me since I like having my full team sooner than later.

Edit: Just gonna upload the picture below. The forums are being stingy with the imgur url.

Attachments

Since I pre-ordered both Sun and Moon I'll be able to do a playthrough with Incineroar and Decidueye.

For the Incineroar team, I want to stick to exclusively Alolan/Alolan form Pokemon for my first playthrough. Makes things really tough especially when considering weaknesses...

I wanted to originally use 2 alolan mons, 2 new mons, and 2 old mons, but cut down an alolan form because of some counterpart stuff my friends and I are doing (actually decided my starter, oricorio, and rampardos)- I am happy at having two mons from each of the first three island. A-Sandslash is something I want to use but will never get the chance competitively, Poliwrath is something i could use postgame i guess, but it's pretty lackluster and i'm a huge samurott fan and have too many of both water and fighting types, so it's relegated to a fond ingame mon, sadly. Oricorio is being used by me and three other friends, each with a different variant and this one fits the team best. My irl rival is using bastiodon so i'll use rampardos. I'm using decidueye competitively, but many of my friends are using him in-game so i switched over to incineroar (I like all three starters for the first time since gen 1). Finally I had a ghost/fairy third/fourth island sized hole in my team, and Mimickyuu fit the bill, as well as being one my faves from this gen for it's cute lore and marketing.

Last edited:
squadnow.png

I hate all 3 starters, gonna throw mine away as soon as I'm done grinding for that sweet sweet Level 9-12 Salamence on Route 3.
Just realized I don't need an HM slave anymore. Any idea on my 6th mon?

e: Names? o well. I'm probably gonna name them all after different species of fish, as usual.

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to ask, aside from how the hell is everyone able to share their team stuff from the planner...

Is anyone going to take into account the Exp. Share, and possibly try to raise 12 or so mons instead of just 6? Team levels would be lower, but it should be feasible with the Exp. Share as it is.

This is what I want it to look like, but it's in no way set in stone. Having two Rock types is obviously not ideal, but I really like both their designs and may end up talking myself out of one of them. I have no idea when or how you're able to obtain Zygarde, so that's also tenuous. Silvally I know is obtained in postgame, but I'm fine waiting 'till then.

Vikavolt is the one that I've struggled with the most because of its low speed and how late in the game it is obtained (Grubbin can be caught early, but Charjabug evolves at a certain location on the fourth island), but Charjabug actually has decent, well-rounded stats, so I'll probably be fine using Charjabug for the majority of the game with Physical moves, then as soon as I can evolve it, using Move Relearner and/or TMs to replace them with Special moves.

Other options if I decide to ditch Rockdoge or Zygarde include Bruxish or Mimikyu, or even adding a UB postgame for the lols (Necrozma, Celesteela, and Xerkitree all look awesome).

I never... never plan ingame teams ahead

Whatever I find in my path, it gets in the bag, with a few exceptions (Like, always getting a Dugtrio in RBY)

But...

I had planned to have Rowlet and Mimikyu, then, the Munchlax event got announced, and I like to use them in the main story...

Then cosmog got announced, and I want it in my team because it may had to do something with the legendaries

So I have two teamslots left... but now, I'm starting to like Tapu Lele a bit too much, and Alolan Dugtrio... and definetly want an UB...

One thing I'd like to ask, aside from how the hell is everyone able to share their team stuff from the planner...

Is anyone going to take into account the Exp. Share, and possibly try to raise 12 or so mons instead of just 6? Team levels would be lower, but it should be feasible with the Exp. Share as it is.
I use this program called Gyazo to take screenshots. it lets you capture exactly what you want on the screen then posts it on their site for easy sharing

And did EXP share get buffed?

This is looking to be my Moon team based on personal taste and balance. Primarina was an easy choice since I loved Popplio from the start and still do. Tsareena was another one I loved since the reveal and serves nicely as a bulky attacker. I like Pheromosa's design but tbh I dunno if I wanna stick with it cause it's stats look broken as hell. Love Lycanroc's design even if it isn't the best in battle looking at it move and stat wise. Salazzle has a unique typing but tbh not sure if I wanna keep this one either since everyone seems to be using it. I absolutely love Tapu Lele's appearance and bonus that it also looks to be very good in battle.

All this said would you folks have any replacement suggestions for Pheromosa and Salazzle? Again the former is probably too broken and I'm not really feeling the latter.

This is looking to be my Moon team based on personal taste and balance. Primarina was an easy choice since I loved Popplio from the start and still do. Tsareena was another one I loved since the reveal and serves nicely as a bulky attacker. I like Pheromosa's design but tbh I dunno if I wanna stick with it cause it's stats look broken as hell. Love Lycanroc's design even if it isn't the best in battle looking at it move and stat wise. Salazzle has a unique typing but tbh not sure if I wanna keep this one either since everyone seems to be using it. I absolutely love Tapu Lele's appearance and bonus that it also looks to be very good in battle.

All this said would you folks have any replacement suggestions for Pheromosa and Salazzle? Again the former is probably too broken and I'm not really feeling the latter.
That is exactly my team except for Mismagius of Lycanroc. I just loved all these designs and I don't care if they aren't too good(which doesn't seem the be the case) or over used. I just love their designs and I have been wanting to do an all lady looking team run in pokemon for ages.

That is exactly my team except for Mismagius of Lycanroc. I just loved all these designs and I don't care if they aren't too good(which doesn't seem the be the case) or over used. I just love their designs and I have been wanting to do an all lady looking team run in pokemon for ages.
My intent wasn't aiming for an all lady team really (chances are my Primerina will be male and I'd welcome him to be the prettiest guy on the block) I just liked how they looked or there typing in Salazzle's case though not feeling that one design wise. Again my issue with Pheromosa though I like their looks I feel like they'll make the game even easier then it already is with how stupid good it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)