SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I can't wait.
Too bad it doesn't get its old event moves, though… I can't start electrical fires with 93.5% accuracy anymore.
Still gets 77% accuracy Focus Blast though, which is nicer than usual, I guess.

Uhh… Did Victini always have Mystical Fire?

Now has Speed Swap. Was that already the case and I never noticed?
Why is everything Psychic-type getting Speed Swap nowadays?
I'm lucky enough to have some victinis from the older games, I just transferred them. Vcreate, Fusion Bolt/Flare are in their movesets :)

It's funny to note that all the legendaries and mythicals are or can be obtained in the game except for: Deoxys, Manaphy (and Phione), Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus and Hoopa.
Some things to note:
  • the majority is from Sinnoh (possibly they can be avaliable through the so awaited Gen 4 remakes)
  • Deoxys, Arceus and Hoopa can resemble a space/hyperspace "theme"
So, was this intentional? :smogthink:
Made an account just so I could say this but potentially more ultra beasts
200 (1).gif

I can't get over just how fast Regileki is. Also, I think Regidrago will end up in a BL tier, while it can't do anything to fairies, assuming Dragon's Maw is 1.5x, you can really drop some nukes with a decent speed tier.

I don't understand how they can delete Ultra Necrozma though, there's so much recent lore associated with, just feels super lazy and lame.

View attachment 284028

Let's take bets on which Regi ends up in a lower tier. As hype as Regileki is I think being 100% walled by ground types is pretty rough... it's basically just mega electrode
I think It'll be back. I doubt it'll be gone for good. I think the most interesting thing is how they plan to implement mega evolution, with dynamaxing , with z moves. In order for ultra necrozma, to be a thing they'll most likely have to bring back Z moves.

Icicle220

formerly FireLandonYT
Anyone knows if there is some easter egg behind the pedestals around the CT? They tell a story if put in chronological order, but some people (like me) think that there might be more behind

Anyone knows if there is some easter egg behind the pedestals around the CT? They tell a story if put in chronological order, but some people (like me) think that there might be more behind
I'm sure it's nothing other than some nice Calyrex lore, but if there was more to it, what would it be for, anyway? Victini? The level 60 Poipole and Cosmog?

There's pedestals? I hadn't noticed anything other than the spiritomb gravestone.

Near some of the plots of land you can read rectangular pedestals, they give some lore reasons as to why Calyrex is the king of the Crown Tundra
Oh this is very cool. I would have just thought they were set dressing otherwise. This is all of them, I think? I was a bit surprised the actual temple didn't have anything.
May 7 (Giant's Foot Field)
Once, these lusciously green lands of ours lay barren. THe grass wilted. Our crops withered. This was a tundra shrouded in frigid cold. Many days into a bleak winter, a Pokemon appeared on the tundra--adorned with a regal crown yet wounded and weak. Full of pity, our people brought the Pokemon to our village and saw to its care.

August 18 (Ballimere Lake)
Under the care of our ancestors' healing ways, the visitor's wounds mended. It shrank back in fear if approached with open palms, so all kept their hands closed in its presence. Once it regained its full strength, the visitor emitted a dazzling blue light that breathed life back into our wilted fields, blessing them with the promise of harvests once more. Perhaps this was its way of showing its gratitude.

November 30 (Old Cemetery field)
Green flourished once more around our village and rich soil began to spread. Vast lands lay open for farming once more. The village folk began to call the visitor a king in appreciation. Our village had long been plagued by a ruffian that ran rampant through the fields, devouring crops as it pleased. but the king, resplendent in its full power, suddenly spoke to use in our tongue, vowing to rein in the ruffian

January 2 (Giant's Bed field)
Before long, the ruffian had bent its knees to the king and become its loyal steed. Our people's faith in the king grew firm and unwavering.
Our ancestors built a temple around the sacred sapling atop a tall mountain to give the king a worthy home. Moreover, they crafted a set of reins to let the king command its proud steed with ease.

April 21 (Snowslide Slope field)
The king brought abundance and life to this land that was once frozen tundra. We owe these very Crown Plains to our king. And as long as the bond between us people and our king hold strong, these land will no doubt thrive for all time in fertile green.

Reading between the lines a little I guess the tree at the temple used to be a Dyna Tree itself (side note: was surprised there wasn't really anything about the Dyna Tree directly), and considering how split the Tundra is, without Calyrex's power to support it I suspect the tundra was slowly encroaching again from the top.

Oh this is very cool. I would have just thought they were set dressing otherwise. This is all of them, I think? I was a bit surprised the actual temple didn't have anything.
May 7 (Giant's Foot Field)
Once, these lusciously green lands of ours lay barren. THe grass wilted. Our crops withered. This was a tundra shrouded in frigid cold. Many days into a bleak winter, a Pokemon appeared on the tundra--adorned with a regal crown yet wounded and weak. Full of pity, our people brought the Pokemon to our village and saw to its care.

August 18 (Ballimere Lake)
Under the care of our ancestors' healing ways, the visitor's wounds mended. It shrank back in fear if approached with open palms, so all kept their hands closed in its presence. Once it regained its full strength, the visitor emitted a dazzling blue light that breathed life back into our wilted fields, blessing them with the promise of harvests once more. Perhaps this was its way of showing its gratitude.

November 30 (Old Cemetery field)
Green flourished once more around our village and rich soil began to spread. Vast lands lay open for farming once more. The village folk began to call the visitor a king in appreciation. Our village had long been plagued by a ruffian that ran rampant through the fields, devouring crops as it pleased. but the king, resplendent in its full power, suddenly spoke to use in our tongue, vowing to rein in the ruffian

January 2 (Giant's Bed field)
Before long, the ruffian had bent its knees to the king and become its loyal steed. Our people's faith in the king grew firm and unwavering.
Our ancestors built a temple around the sacred sapling atop a tall mountain to give the king a worthy home. Moreover, they crafted a set of reins to let the king command its proud steed with ease.

April 21 (Snowslide Slope field)
The king brought abundance and life to this land that was once frozen tundra. We owe these very Crown Plains to our king. And as long as the bond between us people and our king hold strong, these land will no doubt thrive for all time in fertile green.

Reading between the lines a little I guess the tree at the temple used to be a Dyna Tree itself (side note: was surprised there wasn't really anything about the Dyna Tree directly), and considering how split the Tundra is, without Calyrex's power to support it I suspect the tundra was slowly encroaching again from the top.
And that basically...

There is nothing inherently royal or legendary in Calyrex - it's just the King of Bountiful Harvests because it could bring plants to life. So if someone brought a Shaymin it could also be called a king.

And that basically...

There is nothing inherently royal or legendary in Calyrex - it's just the King of Bountiful Harvests because it could bring plants to life. So if someone brought a Shaymin it could also be called a king.
It's a little more than Shaymin, for what it's worth. Shaymin's thing is similar to Suicune & Celebi: removing toxins from the land and letting flowers bloom. It sounds like Calyrex had enough power to completely revitalize a frozen tundra into lush, fruitful plains. So instead he basically powercreeps Landorus, which has a similar ability but seemingly in a smaller scale.

That said yeah you're right there doesn't seem to be much inherently royal about Calyrex beyond its disposition and noggin. it's a strong pokemon merely revered by its people as king. though this general belief in it does seem to also grant it more power; more similar to a god which is kind of a recurring thing in various myths which is fun.

Back in IoA, they found listings 48 "chika_legends" listings, for dynamax adventures.... but from assorted pages I can find after Tundra's out, there's only 47 legend encounters. Going off the cosmog logic (cosmog/moem left out, Solgaleo/Lunala in), the odd man out here seems to be Naganadel.

That's a bit weird

IThat said yeah you're right there doesn't seem to be much inherently royal about Calyrex beyond its disposition and noggin. it's a strong pokemon merely revered by its people as king. though this general belief in it does seem to also grant it more power; more similar to a god which is kind of a recurring thing in various myths which is fun.
No gods in any mythology are said to have their strenght dependant on their followers beliefs, some gods are said to eat the sacrificies made to them but in those cases the gods are said to be eating the bull/bird/human heart sacrificed to them, not their adherents beliefs!

gods feeding on people beliefs only happens in D&D --:<
(Ok and on some neo pagan denominations, but I legit met chaos magicians that taken rituals straight out of D&D so there's that)

Gods' needing faith is more of a recurring theme in stories with gods. It's represents how gods once revered can lost all power they have a human culture due to reasons such as conquest from an outside power, internal cultural shift, technological advancement, and just being forgotten to time.
You see, that's from stories from what, the 1970s or later? not from mythology

anyway, leaving behind Gamefreak's handling of deities (which is to be quite honest better that just going gnostism, gnostism, gnostism like every other JRPG in the last 30 years) are we certain about the fact that Calyrex/Glastrier/Regieleki/etc. can't be synched?

yeah, I know, mints, but 50 BP is a lot and I don't wanna run around on that damned island for like 3 weeks

Last edited:
According to sword's dex entry for Galarian-Zapdos: "When its feathers rub together, they produce a crackling sound like the zapping of electricity. That’s why this Pokémon is called Zapdos", and shield for Galarian-Moltres: " The sinister aura that blazes like molten fire around this Pokémon is what inspired the name Moltres." they seem to not be named directly because of their original counterparts. Maybe these can be the original ones, who knows...

anyway, leaving behind Gamefreak's handling of deities (which is to be quite honest better that just going gnostism, gnostism, gnostism like every other JRPG in the last 30 years) are we certain about the fact that Calyrex/Glastrier/Regieleki/etc. can't be synched?
I can tell you the Regis can't as I did try to sync them and it didn't work.
Also my Timid Mew is my usual lead when i'm around (as it's my false swiper) and none of the birds / calyrex came out Timid so...

I can tell you the Regis can't as I did try to sync them and it didn't work.
Also my Timid Mew is my usual lead when i'm around (as it's my false swiper) and none of the birds / calyrex came out Timid so...
Is this the first time pokemon have been un synchable since that mechanic was introduced? Feels weird and I wonder if it's a glitch.

Is this the first time pokemon have been un synchable since that mechanic was introduced? Feels weird and I wonder if it's a glitch.
I don't think it is, gift pokemon were not syncable either.

I think it might depend on when the stats are generated: in swsh for example if you wanted to shiny hunt a stationary wild area mon, you'd have needed to save out of its spawn range as the stats were generated when the symbol appeared I believe.
If stats are not generated when battle starts but at an arbitrary point before, it is understandable that sync wont work

I think it might depend on when the stats are generated: in swsh for example if you wanted to shiny hunt a stationary wild area mon, you'd have needed to save out of its spawn range as the stats were generated when the symbol appeared I believe.
If stats are not generated when battle starts but at an arbitrary point before, it is understandable that sync wont work
I'm reasonably certain stats are not generated at any point prior to the encounter starting for Calyrex, at least.

I think someone here or in the general dlc thread mentioend that they were able to reroll bird stats by respawning them

Maybe the regi spawn when the door opens?

As far as I unserstand, once you catch a legendary, you
I think someone here or in the general dlc thread mentioend that they were able to reroll bird stats by respawning them

Maybe the regi spawn when the door opens?
The birds generate in the tree cutscene iirc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)