SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Honestly all I'm hearing is exactly same things said in gen 7 start, with Z-moves would have negated all type of gameplay outside of hyper offense, and yet...
yep
people crap on every single new mechanic after gen 5
megas? "too strong". (okay they were right with the hoenn trio and mewtwo but that's it)
z-moves? "too broken". (yeah no. only thing busted about them is ultra necrozma.)
dynamax? "too meta-breaking". (probably just going to even the playing field more)

Corviknight seems more like anti-hazards than anti-setup. That said, it can use iron defense and body press to check physical sweepers.
Didnt know about body press since its a new move. Yeah this seems like a good way to counter physical setup sweepers. Body Press/Iron defense/roost and then either U-turn/ defog/ bravebird should be used to counter physical setup sweepers.

And then there's Perish Body.
Also known as "whoever's down to 1 first is f*cked".
I think Cursed Body might still be preferred, since it doesn't rely on contact, and doesn't force Corsola to switch. Though if Dynamaxing does end up getting banned, I can see Perish Body being a powerful tool against certain physical sweepers, as they would be forced to switch out and lose their boosts. Though with Dynamaxing, Perish Body probably isn't much of an issue, unless Max moves can make contact.

Also, if you want to reply to multiple people at once, please for the love of god do it all in a single comment.

I can't wait to try a defensive arcanine in OU. Heavy duty boots+ intimidate+ wisp+ recovery as well as no landorus or Heatran. It should be a lot more viable.

How's Duraludon shaping up?
"I talked about it some days ago, actually.
What to say ...? It's slow, first of, and while its HP and Def are good, the SpDef is pretty ... meh.
Also, as much as I hate it, Duraludon and Dragapult share one problem, in my opinion:
They both have the wrong movepool.
Like, Duraludon would be, in terms of stats, much more of a special attacker, still, it gets so many strong moves in the physical side.
What else to say?
Typing good, coverage ... good physical, okay special, abilities are, in my opinion, pretty bad all together and it's G-Max Move is maybe the worst of them all (refreshing PP ... weeell).
I like that thing, but I don't think it's that good as it should be." - quote, me

"I talked about it some days ago, actually.
What to say ...? It's slow, first of, and while its HP and Def are good, the SpDef is pretty ... meh.
Also, as much as I hate it, Duraludon and Dragapult share one problem, in my opinion:
They both have the wrong movepool.
Like, Duraludon would be, in terms of stats, much more of a special attacker, still, it gets so many strong moves in the physical side.
What else to say?
Typing good, coverage ... good physical, okay special, abilities are, in my opinion, pretty bad all together and it's G-Max Move is maybe the worst of them all (refreshing PP ... weeell).
I like that thing, but I don't think it's that good as it should be." - quote, me
Would you say it would exist better on a Sand team or a Rain team

Would you say it would exist better on a Sand team or a Rain team
Both weathers aren't helping it.
It gains nothing in the sand (no damage aside) and in the rain ... well, not that much aside from weakend fire attacks
I mean, you could take it with you, depending on how you wanna play it

Just noticed when Zamazenta changes into its Shield Form, it loses 10 points in speed, while Zacian does not lose anything its sword form. Wow, not only does Zamazenta get clear un-favoritism, they really really did not think about balance with Zacion did they?

I can't wait to try a defensive arcanine in OU. Heavy duty boots+ intimidate+ wisp+ recovery as well as no landorus or Heatran. It should be a lot more viable.
It still struggles because morning sun has only 8pp, and restores less in most weather (it also gets chipped by sand and hail). Sun will probably be uncommon as it has been, but we have new sand/slush rushers, and rain will likely be the solid playstyle it has always been. Fire is also a mediocre defensive typing that could probably only fit on stall (I tried it out in USUM OU for mega Mawile, but it was hard to fit on a team). Even then, I wouldn't use this.

By the way, on the topic of Arcanine... it has been over 20 years, and GROWLithe still can't learn GROWL...

but we have new sand/slush rushers,
We do but... they're unfortunately looking unviable in comparison to actual OU-level threats. Too slow, too little damage without investing Dinamax, and Dinamax is better invested in actually strong things...

I tried it already and i really like it (it was in the team i topped the Nexus ladder with). It can pretty much 1v1 drill with willo+intimidate and checks so many physical mons like darm, scorbunny, rillaboom etc. Ferro is everywhere so it can come in on that and support the team by burning Pex and Rotom-W while CC bops the likes of Ttar and hydra.

How can I copy the move data paste bin so I can paste it to a spread sheet? It seems impossible to select all of the text.
Scroll down to the bottom of the pastebin page. There's a box called 'raw' with all the text where you can click inside and select everything.

I'm not particularly good but I was messing around on the Nexus server last night and some of insights:
- Galarian Corsola is really cool, but has quite a few drawbacks. Strength Sap is great at softening attackers (plus it gets Haze), but is blocked by Substitute which is annoying when Corsola has poor offenses and can't really break subs well. It gets Scald but it's not doing much with it... At least it compacts an attack with Will o Wisp. It does shut down things like Excadrill completely and Darmanitan if you play smart, and cheesed someone's Zacian but I'm not sure if that was a glitch or incorrect stats or something. Great utility too: Stealth Rock, Strength Sap, Haze, WoW, etc. I even tried a set with Calm Mind at one point lol. Cursed Body is great too, woulda been fun if it got Perish Body as well. Too bad about having to carry Eviolite all the time.

- Gyarados is really good. I was running a DD set but honestly with Moxie + 1 speed from Max Flying you basically have an offensive DD. Once I made a clearing I'd usually skip DD all together. Power Whip is good utility but I still think Earthquake is better (at least for the team I was using). Dynamax isn't suuuper broken but yeah, the free stat boosts are crazy. It takes some clever switching, stalling, and then rebounding with your own Dynamax to survive. There were a few battles where I was able to revenge or brute through a dynamax, fended them off, or get completely swallowed up. I think its fine. Stuff like Gyarados and DD Kyurem Black are really tough with dynamax though.

- Melmetal, Excadrill (speed boosts from Rapid Spin are lowkey amazing?), and Corviknight are all fantastic. The last two are really multifaceted as well.

- AV Tyranitar is solid as per usual, but it lost a lot of utility with the death of Pursuit. It's far less threatening.

And I trust them way more than the average joe to know what's best for the meta as a whole. There's a reason suspect tests require you to get sufficiently high on the ladder.
You do realize that their idea of what is best of the meta is simply what they believe is enjoyable right? Their opinion of what ought to be accepted doesn't outweigh anyone else's simply because of expertise. The majority rules not the best

There were a few battles where I was able to revenge or brute through a dynamax, fended them off, or get completely swallowed up. I think its fine. Stuff like Gyarados and DD Kyurem Black are really tough with dynamax though.
So you're saying *gasp* that the mechanic isn't broken, just certain users are?
What do you people think would be a good way to use Charizard?
Solar power with fire + flying + whatever 2 coverages you end up liking. It even got Hurricane this gen, so you can even run it in rain (lol)

You do realize that their idea of what is best of the meta is simply what they believe is enjoyable right? Their opinion of what ought to be accepted doesn't outweigh anyone else's simply because of expertise. The majority rules not the best
But the majority rules are the majority agreement on what is the best. There's a reason why they vote on changes and apply them based on majority vote (idk if its still the case, but even the majority has to be 60% or higher which means minority can still win.) this isn't 2 guys saying "fuck this shit" this is 100 guys/150 saying "fuck this shit".

If something isn't enjoyable, then its probably because its disgusting or lacks any interaction aside from relying on the other person fucking up. If you ran a suspect test for how annoying endeavor aron is, it probably still wouldn't get banned because everybody agrees who gives a shit despite it being unenjoyable to vs, so its not just all bias.

That being said I kinda hope we give aegislash and drypassing a chance this gen instead of quick banning like sm.

Last edited:

Solar power with fire + flying + whatever 2 coverages you end up liking. It even got Hurricane this gen, so you can even run it in rain (lol)
Thought about something similar, with Max Hurricane as speed set up
(You could even run physical with DDance and Acrobatics, but ... Meh)

Just remberbed, Charizard also gets Weather Ball now ... Rain Set could be more viable then first thought *gasp*

I was just about to mention Charizard got both Hurricane AND Weather Ball, giving me BW2 Moltres vibes (yea, that had permarain but still). What do you think are the best Hurricane spammers available? Off the top of my head there's Noivern and Swift Swim Mantine—although that overlaps with Pelipper so it might be better run as a solo sweeper. Then there's lowtier stuff like Butterfree or Noctowl which I doubt will ever see use, but it seems there is a bit of a shortage.

This may be gimmicky, but Bronzor/Bronzong are the only slower pokemon that can learn Speed Swap now (the rest are fast, like Ribombee, Raichu, Galvantula, Swoobat, Mewtwo, and even Sigilyth). It will be super fun using that to essentially shut down a fast sweeper by giving them your Bronzong's terrible speed (though it doesn't stack well with Gyro Ball).

trubbish

Banned deucer.
I dunno, I'm not convinced. A big HP boost, ~100 BP moves for both STAB and coverage that, not only do damage, but give you amazing secondary effects, such as Rain and stat boosts/drops. I can even see stuff like Mantine being potentially overwhelming. As with one dynamax it can set rain AND boost its speed by +1 with a combination of a water move into a flying one. Am I saying Mantine will be broken? Definitely not. But I can easily see Dynamax allowing even random pokes from becoming potentially unbearable (or at the very least, unhealthy) threats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)