SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Apologies if I’ve missed this, but is there any mechanic that multiplies EVs like chain encounters in gens 6-7? Or is there another way to grind EVs?

I was watching Shofu battling the Fire-type gym leader in his playthrough of Pokémon Sword and Shield, and Arcanine's Intimidate activated Toxel's Rattled ability. Has this always been a thing, or is this a new buff for Rattled?

Last edited:
I was watching Shofu battling the Fire-type gym leader in his playthrough of Pokémon Sword and Shield, and Arcanine's Intimidate activated Toxel's Rattled ability. Has this always been a thing, or is this a new buff for Rattled?
According to Joe Merrick, a few abilities got buffed specifically to counter Intimidate.
Own Tempo and Inner Focus now grant immunity to it and Rattled gets triggered
Since I doubt he'd mention it otherwise, seems it's new.

I agree. Everyone underestimates the spy boi... until he snipes em outta the Arceus-damn air. And god forbid, the SwSh Galar Dex meta keeps in the new friendship buffs... geez.
Snipe Shot's +1 crit rate + Scope Lens's +1 crit buff + max Friendship doubled crit chance + Sniper = GUARANTEED SNIPE SHOT SNIPERCRITS.
On a 125 base special attack stat and 120 base speed.
Well, Friendship probably won't be in PVP, but with Focus Energy you get +2 crit level and it won't go away until you faint or switch (plus it can't even be hazed). HOWEVER, I did not realize Snipe Shot had a +1 crit level. This means you can run life orb with focus energy to get 100% crits on Snipe Shot. That still leaves your other 2 attacks with 50% crit chance too (unfortunately you rely on RNG this way, but considering that we go for crits in stall battles this isn't outlandish). More options are always good for a pokemon's viability.

Looking for either den 13, 50, or 68 so i can get Hatene and her HA. Does anyone know where they are? I cannot find anyplace listing where the locations are, so hoping someone here faught them and remember where these dens were. They are mostly psychoc type dens

According to Joe Merrick, a few abilities got buffed specifically to counter Intimidate.
Own Tempo and Inner Focus now grant immunity to it and Rattled gets triggered
Since I doubt he'd mention it otherwise, seems it's new.
And Oblivious ability is now confirmed immune to intimidation too. So now it’s basically a question of what ISN’T immune to Intimidate now, with all the above buffs plus Defiant, Competitive, Clear Body and White Smoke also prevalent. I wonder if Adrenaline Orb has been buffed to prevent the attack stat drop and still increase the speed....

And Oblivious ability is now confirmed immune to intimidation too. So now it’s basically a question of what ISN’T immune to Intimidate now, with all the above buffs plus Defiant, Competitive, Clear Body and White Smoke also prevalent. I wonder if Adrenaline Orb has been buffed to prevent the attack stat drop and still increase the speed....
intimidate was just too big in vgc, especially its spam. even in smogon it's a decent ability to have

vgc in s/m were ruined for me because of a certain tiger..

I'd guess that they can. We know that using a TR on a Pokemon writes data to its relearnable moves, since doing so is the cause of a possible game crash. I imagine teaching egg moves works the same way.
I tested this myself just now and they actually can’t. As a matter of fact, both Pokémon caught in the wild knowing an Egg Move and those who learned them from another member of the same species while together in the Day Care will not be able to relearn the Egg Move through the Move Relearner if they have forgotten the move. They can, however, learn the Egg Move as many times as needed with the new Day Care method.

I can also finally give an answer to a question I had asked several pages back. It turns out that two members of the same species will teach each other Egg Moves in the Day Care regardless of gender. I tested this using two male Corvisquire, one of them caught as a Rookidee that knew Sky Attack (one of its Egg Moves). The male Corvisquire without Sky Attack knew it when I withdrew it after I ran a few laps in the vicinity of the Day Care. It didn’t know it when I deposited them and withdrew right away, so it takes some walking around first before Egg Moves are learned with this new method.

Well, Friendship probably won't be in PVP, but with Focus Energy you get +2 crit level and it won't go away until you faint or switch (plus it can't even be hazed). HOWEVER, I did not realize Snipe Shot had a +1 crit level. This means you can run life orb with focus energy to get 100% crits on Snipe Shot. That still leaves your other 2 attacks with 50% crit chance too (unfortunately you rely on RNG this way, but considering that we go for crits in stall battles this isn't outlandish). More options are always good for a pokemon's viability.
Yep. Friendship buffs aren't in PVP (pity), but if you setup for ONE TURN with Focus Energy and you're using Scope Lens, then ALL of your moves permacrit.
+3 critstage = 100% crit chance.
With SNIPER once it becomes available.

For BH purposes, the snapped species have base stats of all 0s. If people want to try to put that to some use as a super-FEAR, maybe...
that is very, very strange and probably gonna break the meta
well it would but there's no way in hell you won't get banned for using snapped pokemon

Last edited:
After days looking for Hatenna's den i am amost ready to give up on magic bounce on her. Also i saw her shine form and its very tempting given how shiny hunting is a bit easier not it sounds like. I am wondering if Healer is considered a decent ability anymore? Does it still only work in doubles?

What are you guys looking at for Hatterene moveset right now? She seems very support focused, with life dew and stuff. However she does get calm mind and draining kiss, which is a very good combo. Would a psychic move and mystical fire work well with those 2? Or better to go full support somehow

Yep. Friendship buffs aren't in PVP (pity), but if you setup for ONE TURN with Focus Energy and you're using Scope Lens, then ALL of your moves permacrit.
+3 critstage = 100% crit chance.
With SNIPER once it becomes available.
Yeah, definitely. That I already knew. I just didn't realize that Snipe Shot itself gives +1 crit. Scope lens/focus energy is awesome and will likely be a standard set on him, but the option to run a life orb and still 100% crit with snipe shot (while still at 50% crit for everything else) gives some options and some extra power too. I like options because they make mon better.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but do we know how much boost we get from gorilla tactics? I thought it would be 1.5 multiplier like CB, but i can't find the exact number anywhere; it usually just says, "increases attack."

Sorry if this has already been answered, but do we know how much boost we get from gorilla tactics? I thought it would be 1.5 multiplier like CB, but i can't find the exact number anywhere; it usually just says, "increases attack."
Yeah, it seems like it probably gives the same modifier as Choice Band... but I'm remembering that everyone assumed Neuroforce gave 20% because it used the same wording as Expert Belt, only for it to be discovered to be 25% when someone tested it.

While on the topic of Gorilla Tactics, does it act like a choice band during Dynamax also? During Dynamax a choice band doesn't lock you into moves (still haven't gotten confirmation if this means it stops giving an attack boost or not though).

Does anyone know if there's a credible Den map for the Wild area anywhere?

Edit: Also can Corviknight please fuck off? I've narrowed down what I believe to be a fighting type Den. Get Toxicroak and 2 hitmons out of it. Keep adding wishing pieces hoping for a Lucario or Gallade and this flying nuisance appears. Is that tied to the event?

Last edited:
This is incorrect. It does not lock during Dynamax. However, you are locked after it is over.
Are you sure? Previously I've heard that it applies the lock whereas Choice Band doesn't, which is what tipped us off to the possibility that Choice Band was disabled during Dynamax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)