SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Are you sure? Previously I've heard that it applies the lock whereas Choice Band doesn't, which is what tipped us off to the possibility that Choice Band was disabled during Dynamax.
Yes, I am sure. I am on a phone, but you can watch shofu's battle spot matches from twitch on 11/17. In it he uses Darm, a lot. One battle he dynamaxed immediately with scarf and was able to freely choose moves and was then allowed to choose his move after dynamax and remained locked.

Another battle he locked into ice punch, dynamaxed to use max quake I think. After dynamax he was locked into ice punch again.

Yes, I am sure. I am on a phone, but you can watch shofu's battle spot matches from twitch on 11/17. In it he uses Darm, a lot. One battle he dynamaxed immediately with scarf and was able to freely choose moves and was then allowed to choose his move after dynamax and remained locked.

Another battle he locked into ice punch, dynamaxed to use max quake I think. After dynamax he was locked into ice punch again.
Oh cool. Does the effect of Choice band and the effect of Gorilla Tactics stop working during Dynamax though. Obviously, as you said, you can freely choose moves during Dynamax, but does that mean the attack buff is gone?

Oh cool. Does the effect of Choice band and the effect of Gorilla Tactics stop working during Dynamax though. Obviously, as you said, you can freely choose moves during Dynamax, but does that mean the attack buff is gone?
I would imagine, but I can't test it since I still don't have the game. :psycry:

Love the pic

But personally annoyed at the fact that we have
1 Drizzle (Pelipper)
2 Drought (Torkoal & Kanto Ninetales)
3 Snow warning (A-ninetales, Vanilluxe, Obamasnow)
3 Sand Stream (Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Gigalith)

Gimme at least ONE sun setter that is not trash please :\
Max Fire

Has anyone found the Flame Orb and Toxic Orb in game yet? They don’t seem to be offered as rewards in Battle Tower, and I can’t find an answer anywhere else on the internet...

Figured here is better than the battle mechanics thread as its not relevant to PvP.

Ball fetch will trigger if your yamper is switched in itemless if you threw a ball earlier in the battle. I can't remember if it triggered on switch in or at the end of turn cycle. Also yamper will be holding the ball, so you can't use it again that battle.
I suppose if someone needs to research this they can go and try to make fetch happen.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I've been looking for an answer for this everywhere, but what does Power Spot actually do? The description for the ability is really vague

Have a question guys. With a gew ghosts now getting strengrh sap, arguably the best healing move in the game, is curse more viable? With a trapping move, curse and strength sap means you should be able to curse then fully heal up.

The one pokemon that stands out to me for that combo is Jellicent. Very bulky, has access to whirlpool, and can get strength sap. Should be able to whirlpool, curse, then strength sap all that damage right off. A set with leftovers, a defense nature, and moves curse, shadow ball, whirlpool, and curse.

I know it gets recover too but strength sap should heal up a lot more then recover against most pokemon

Have a question guys. With a gew ghosts now getting strengrh sap, arguably the best healing move in the game, is curse more viable? With a trapping move, curse and strength sap means you should be able to curse then fully heal up.
you're basically making a mon complete tauntbait and defenseless against grass types ...

you're basically making a mon complete tauntbait and defenseless against grass types ...
Shadowball still hits almost all grass types for neutral damage. And curse will still take 1/4 of their hp that first time. Plus the whirlpool turn damage. Not using mean look as my trapping move if that wasnt obvious. Plus with cursed body you mave remove their only SE move against you letting you curse and heal up even better

Not saying its top teir moveset but sounds like a good way to use curse, which has little use otherwise.

Concerning max raids, why does a super effective hit not cause hardly any damage to the Pokémon you’re battling? For instance, my Max Quake from Flygon barely dents the Togedemaru that I’m battling. Usually, after you break its shield, you cause more damage, but the second successful hit I landed did about half as much as my first hit! Togedemaru is quad weak to ground so I have no idea why my level 65 Flygon barely dents it. Any ideas?

... which makes sense as the ability name is related to courage.

So really, any ability that can imply a state of mind could now block or get a benefit off Intimidate. Unaware could be on the same boat, by being too dumb to notice they are being scared out.
I can imagine Intrepid Sword and Dauntless Shield working the same way. It's a stretch, and I think it would have been noticed by now, but they might have chosen two words that mean "fearless" for a reason.

Apologies if this has been asked before/the wrong thread, but has any Synchronize changes been noted? I'm in the midst of resetting for a Jolly Zacian, with a Jolly Sync in lead of course, for a couple hours now and I've only seen a Jolly one once (at the very start, which I resetted over due to assuming it works as gens past). I've seen a couple threads in other places also note a similar lack of syncing for legendaries. I have gotten it to work for regular wilds however.

As for why I just don't mint it, I guess I rather try to catch it naturally instead of grinding the Battle Tower with a rental team.

Is it possible to refuse to catch Eternatus? I'm wondering if there's any way to get it in a Beast Ball, but from what I gather you have to fight Eternatus in order to get said ball. I'm also wondering if it's possible for Eternatus to break out of that ball.

Is it possible to refuse to catch Eternatus? I'm wondering if there's any way to get it in a Beast Ball, but from what I gather you have to fight Eternatus in order to get said ball. I'm also wondering if it's possible for Eternatus to break out of that ball.
The option to "Don't catch" is straight up greyed out, so your only option I'd think is to trade yourself a beast ball from another game. I don't know what if it can break out though.

So without Slush Rush or Sand Rush, would Dracovolt or Arctovolt be better? Their unique ability is great, with Dracovolt being able to use it more I think without Sand rush due to the higher speed, but Arctovolt could be a pretty good mixed attacker with BoltBeam(the sig and freeze Dry). But Dracovolt gets the hustle ability too which could be quite decent(Wide Glasses I beleive brings the acc to 90% to mostly negate the downside)

So without Slush Rush or Sand Rush, would Dracovolt or Arctovolt be better? Their unique ability is great, with Dracovolt being able to use it more I think without Sand rush due to the higher speed, but Arctovolt could be a pretty good mixed attacker with BoltBeam(the sig and freeze Dry). But Dracovolt gets the hustle ability too which could be quite decent(Wide Glasses I beleive brings the acc to 90% to mostly negate the downside)
Draco easily. It's got the speed, typing, ability, and movepool to be a real threat, and never forget that dynamaxing makes all your moves hit 100% of the time turning hustle into a free 1.5 attack boost. Arctovolt has some ok tricks but the ice typing is just painful on almost any pokemon, especially with 55 base speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)