SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Shell Side Arm [Poison-type, Physical]
Exclusive to Galarian Slowbro
Has a chance to poison the target and calculates damage based on if it would do more damage either on the physical or special side
Maybe Quick Draw then is something like "the first move Galarian Slowbro uses when it switches in (each time) gets +1 priority"

Hoping the stat distribution isn't too shabby. Also yea SSA is stated on the website to be Special.

Ema Skye

Work!
So Rillaboom gets Grassy Glide right as it gets its Hidden Ability...

That's going to be really fun to spam with Choice Band.

Burning Jealousy [Fire-type, Special]
Hits both targets and if the targets boosted their stats in the same turn, they have a chance to get burned.

Grassy Glide [Grass-type, Special]
Move gains +1 priority if used in Grassy Terrain.

Shell Side Arm [Poison-type, Physical]
Exclusive to Galarian Slowbro
Has a chance to poison the target and calculates damage based on if it would do more damage either on the physical or special side

Surging Strikes [Water-type, Physical]
Exclusive to Urshifu Rapid Strike Style
Always deals a critical hit

Wicked Blow [Dark-type, Physical]
Exclusive to Urshifu Single Strike Style
Always results in a critical hit
In addition of always critting, Surging Strikes is also a multi-hit move that hits three times. Kinda like a Triple Kick version of Storm Throw/Frost Breath.

This is making me think the other 3 abilities named after terrains will also have same effect.
I don't know, I have a hard time seeing Misty Explosion being a priority move. But I think that the other moves will also have an additional effect depending on if the terrain is up or not.

In addition of always critting, Surging Strikes is also a multi-hit move that hits three times. Kinda like a Triple Kick version of Storm Throw/Frost Breath.

I don't know, I have a hard time seeing Misty Explosion being a priority move. But I think that the other moves will also have an additional effect depending on if the terrain is up or not.
I get the feeling the three hit thing is just flavor text and not an actual mechanical thing. Would seem weird to make a move that always crits and can also bypass sash so easily

I hope Grassy Glide has at least 80 base power but with the steps needed to get the priority I think it should be 100 base power.
I feel like an effectively 150 BP priority move (given that when it has priority, it's also boosted by grassy terrain) would be kind of busted

edit: sorry, 130 bp, forgot terrain boost was nerfed in gen 8

He meant "hidden" abilities.

(Which, they aren't guaranteed to even have, though)
It's very likely, though! Every minor Legendary has a Hidden Ability unless there's a specific special case justifying it:
- the ones with Levitate don't, but only because Levitate is always the only Ability except in highly specific and deliberate special cases like, Galarian Weezing actually needed three Abilities to do everything Game Freak wanted it to do - and one of them was actively promoted in a trailer and one of them was all but mandatory to have on a Gen VIII Pokémon - while regular Weezing was given more because it needed to match Galarian Weezing, and for Bronzong, having both Levitate and Heatproof was the basis of its entire gimmick before Gen VI gave it two unconditional weaknesses
- the Swords of Justice don't, but that's probably because Keldeo is one of them and Mythical Pokémon never have Hidden Abilities
- the Forces of Nature don't in their Therian Formes, but that's because the circumstances in which they're received would make their Hidden Abilities the "default" (to be honest it would probably just have been marginally less neat for marketing purposes if their "main" Ability wasn't the one they actually had when players got them), but even they have HA in their Incarnate Formes
Since none of those apply to the Galarian Birds and I don't really anticipate any other extenuating circumstances - especially since their current Abilities aren't new or signature (this admittedly makes me hesitate a little to say the same for Regieleki and Regidrago, but even those I can see after the Island Guardians got Telepathy... although it'd probably be Clear Body if so) - I think it's reasonably safe to assume that they'll have Hidden Abilities. It would be a pretty weird exception if not!

(... That said, nothing is going to be more fun than Berserk on Galarian Moltres. I love that Ability, and I can't wait to use it on something that's already decently tanky, not super slow, has a good support movepool and can work effectively with Roost + Berserk.
I was kind of annoyed that the other two stayed Flying, but I'm actually maybe happier with Dark/Flying for Moltres, and in general I feel like it's doing everything right.)

Zapdos has the best flavor text though. I love it now.
The Cruel Pokémon with a cold and callous demeanor that petrifies its foes...
The Malevolent Pokémon that drives everyone away and specializes in mental assaults...
And the Strong Legs Pokémon that's just really passionate about fighting Pokémon that it thinks might be stronger than it...
Way to stay on-theme, Zapdos! They had to know how funny this would be. XP

I want to talk about Wicked Blow because there is a menacing possibility no one seems to have brought up.

Consider the following:
  • The new datamine strongly implies Urshifu will have a discrete signature move for each form.
  • Wicked Blow is the likely candidate for Single Strike Style, emphasis on winning in exactly one strike.
  • Previously, this kind of language was used in the Petalburg Gym with reference to critical hit strats.
  • Online flavor text for Urshifu-SSS underscores that it rushes up close and delivers one direct, decisive blow—true to its name.
Therefore, I posit that Wicked Blow will be either an auto-crit like Frost Breath or a cosmic delete button like Fishious Rend.

In the latter case, I look forward to seeing Banded Bear 2HKO standard Mandibuzz on a resisted STAB before it takes an E-ZPass to Ubers.
In light of the latest information, I've just gotta say I absolutely called it.

It could also just be a move with a high crit ratio, in this scenario.
R_N It would have been terribly lackluster and inconsistent if Wicked Blow were just Night Slash 2. While it was within the realm of possibility (see Fiery Wrath), I am pleased that the poster boy for Isle of Armor is getting exactly the move his flavor betokens.

Well, not only were these leaks confirmed, but we have more context for the new items!

Commentary in bold.
there are new pokemon home datamine leaks! they're all over twitter. (https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks)
the stuff in parentheses are my guesses.
new items:
- Max Honey (money item?)
- Max Mushrooms (money item?)
I think these might be ingredients for the "Max Soup" that allows Pokemon to Gigantamax.
- Galarica Twig (slowbro evo item?)
- Galarica Cuff (slowking evo item?)
These are almost certainly the items you use to evolve Galarian Slowpoke, but I'm not sure which item yields which evolution. Actually, considering Slowking isn't going to be available until Crown Tundra, maybe you use the Galrian twigs to make a Galarian Cuff?
- Style Card (key item?)
No clue.
- Armor Pass (key item?)
This is the item you need to board the train to the Isle of Armor in the first place. See the Slowpoke event where Klara/Avery shows the ticket guy their Armor Pass.
- Exp. Charm (key item?)
This was mentioned in the January Direct, it lets your Pokemon earn more EXP from battles.
- Armorite Ore (no gd clue)
You give this to a Move Tutor on the Isle of Armor to teach your Pokemon new moves.
- Mark Charm (key item?)
No clue.

i don't think any of the items will have battle effects based off of the names tbh, or at least very unlikely.
(assuming the evolution items don't work like kings rock/metal coat etc. and have 2 functions)

the only ones i think could possibly impact battle are
- Max Honey
- Max Mushrooms
- Galarica Twig
- Galarica Cuff
- Armorite Ore

and this is best case scenario i think.

Last edited:
We thought the Twig might've been for Slowbro, but seeing how its fully latched on its arm I'm thinking it's actually the cuff, and Slowking will use the twig.

Cuffs generally (there are upper arm cuffs) hang on the wrist and that's firmly where the shellder is latched onto. I guess the idea is the shiny cuff attracts the Shellder so it latches on there.

Sadly without more to go on its hard to say how the twig's going to come into play. The point of the various Slowpoke evolutions is the Shellder clamps on in various ways and that causes the change, usually by affecting how the slowpoke has to move around and how the poison interacts with its personality. My first thought would be the shllder just latches onto the twig and now we have some weird sword or staff for Slowking but it'd be weird to break convention by not having the Shellder interact at all with Slowpoke's biology. Maybe it holds the frangrant twig in its mouth and shellder just clamps down on the entire head, with the twig keeping it precariously from fully shutting, or something

Ema Skye

Work!
Sadly without more to go on its hard to say how the twig's going to come into play. The point of the various Slowpoke evolutions is the Shellder clamps on in various ways and that causes the change, usually by affecting how the slowpoke has to move around and how the poison interacts with its personality. My first thought would be the shllder just latches onto the twig and now we have some weird sword or staff for Slowking but it'd be weird to break convention by not having the Shellder interact at all with Slowpoke's biology. Maybe it holds the frangrant twig in its mouth and shellder just clamps down on the entire head, with the twig keeping it precariously from fully shutting, or something
I'm not sure what's left for Shellder to bite. Regular forms have Shellder on the tail and head; Galar Slowbro has it on its arm; only other spot left might be its foot? But I don't know how that plays into a twig? I feel like Shellder on its head would be too similar to regular Slowking.

The cuff seems to encourage Shellder to bite on the arm. So the twig should also encourage Shellder to bite it.

I'm not sure what's left for Shellder to bite. Regular forms have Shellder on the tail and head; Galar Slowbro has it on its arm; only other spot left might be its foot? But I don't know how that plays into a twig? I feel like Shellder on its head would be too similar to regular Slowking.

The cuff seems to encourage Shellder to bite on the arm. So the twig should also encourage Shellder to bite it.
And there comes the bigger plottwist... only difference between slowbro and slowking is the arm they bite :blobwizard:

That said I personally think Galar Slowking will still have the shellder somewhere as crown. The pun on the slow-KING name is due to the fact the shellder on its original form acted as sort of crown so I think they will maintain this feature.

And there comes the bigger plottwist... only difference between slowbro and slowking is the arm they bite :blobwizard:

That said I personally think Galar Slowking will still have the shellder somewhere as crown. The pun on the slow-KING name is due to the fact the shellder on its original form acted as sort of crown so I think they will maintain this feature.
Yeah the "king" part of Slowking is why I suggested grabbing the entire head instead of just the top of it. More of a helmet than a crown though, I suppose...

Yeah, it definite looks like the shellder has nearly consumed Slowking's entire head, and also maybe that it's facing the front this time (to me the blue arrow looks like it is pointing at a potential eye on the shell between the scribble lines).

From what we can see I would guess ghost/psychic or dark/psychic, but maybe it will just be poison/psychic again because lol gamefreak.

I'm curious for what Pokemon Klara and Peony have since only Avery is seen sending out G-Slowbro. Would Klara have Slowking to foil Avery, or would Peony have it since Players can get it only in the Tundra?

I'm curious for what Pokemon Klara and Peony have since only Avery is seen sending out G-Slowbro. Would Klara have Slowking to foil Avery, or would Peony have it since Players can get it only in the Tundra?
I bet Klara also has the Slowbro. I don't think its a coincidence that Slowbro's typing is Poison/Psychic and oh, hey, we have a Poison rival and a Psychic Rival. They just cut away from Klara's dynamax because, well, it'd be showing the same thing twice.

Pulling from the other thread, wanting to see if we can add anyone to this list that may have been confirmed via some data mining.

For Isle we're looking at:

Absol
Luxray
Tauros
Scyther
Druddigon
Whismur
Sandile
Tangrowth
Exeguttor
Poliwhirl
Kangaskhan
Bouffalant
Lycanroc
Emolga
Meinshao
Fletchinder
Dragalgae
Staryu
Scraggy
Volcarona

Rockruff
Lycanroc
Talonflame
Azumarill
Kingdra
Zoroark
Magnezone

Gmax Blastoise
Gmax Venusaur
Gmax Galar Starters

And looks like Galarian Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno and the new Regis will be in the next expansion?

Anything we can add to this list for Isle or Armor?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)