SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As confirmed by Anubis, Screen Cleaner removes screens from the source's side similarly to Defog. Unsure if it removes the opposing side's screens yet.

E @ Below:

I mean, that's what Defog did prior to Gen 6, so I wouldn't be shocked.
No, Defog used to remove the screens and hazards of the opponent, not yours. It would have been on every team otherwise for the hazard removal

Terrifying new idea:

Blunder Policy Vikavolt with Zap Cannon - it either completely wrecks something or it gets +2 speed!

Blunder Policy Chandelure with Inferno is also a good option (though it could also work with Heatmor and Centiskorch)

These Pokemon have the SpA and bulk to actually make this work, plus a slow speed that benefits from a +2 boost. Works in singles or doubles, the latter because you have have Fake Out/Redirection/Friend Guard/Helping Hand/Gravity etc support. Also powered up by Power Spot/Battery abilities.

Terrifying new idea:

Blunder Policy Vikavolt with Zap Cannon - it either completely wrecks something or it gets +2 speed!

Blunder Policy Chandelure with Inferno is also a good option (though it could also work with Heatmor and Centiskorch)

These Pokemon have the SpA and bulk to actually make this work, plus a slow speed that benefits from a +2 boost. Works in singles or doubles, the latter because you have have Fake Out/Redirection/Friend Guard/Helping Hand/Gravity etc support. Also powered up by Power Spot/Battery abilities.
Y'all have to keep in mind using Blunder Policy this way would essentially waste a move slot for a move that is as reliable as throwing crap onto walls hoping they stick, instead of a move that could potentially cover something you need. If you are forced out by a wall that loltanks your BPolicy Mon then you'd essentially wasted a one off item serving exactly no purpose. The idea to purposely hope for a move miss is silly and counterintuitive.

The idea to purposely hope for a move miss is silly and counterintuitive.
Expecially considering the item gives *speed* and not accuracy.
If Blunder Policy actually gave +accuracy after missing, it'd have been a much stronger item, as it is it doesn't look like much more than a fun but unviable gimmick.

Is there a full list of shiny sprites somewhere? I’m really keen to see shiny Frosmoth, Dragapult and Appletun especially

As confirmed by Anubis, Screen Cleaner removes screens from the source's side similarly to Defog. Unsure if it removes the opposing side's screens yet.
I'm really surprised it works that way given its wording. Does it happen to remove other hazards aswell? Seems unlikely, but Defog only mentions Reflect and Light Screen if I recall correctly.

I see it having a LOT of potential if it just uses Defog on switching in. Unless, of course, this, Heavy Duty Boots and Court Change make people simply not bother bringing hazards.

Is there a full list of shiny sprites somewhere? I’m really keen to see shiny Frosmoth, Dragapult and Appletun especially
All I've seen so far are the shiny starters, and the shiny legendaries, all of which are sadly shinylocked in the game. I think I saw them on Kaphotics twitter? I also saw shinies of the Impidimp line which somebody had when streaming the game. I also recall seeing a sheet of all the shinies but I can't remember where, I will reply again if I end up finding it.

Combining Blunder Policy with the 50% accurate moves actually isn’t that bad because it’s win/win. You either land a powerful STAB move with 100% chance to cause a status, or you double your speed.

It turns Inferno/Zap Cannon into a one-time Agility and that can be all that you need if you play it right. The combination could well help these ‘mons viabilities a lot.

There's one thing I don't understand about Intimdate and Own Tempo/Inner Focus.
Do the two ability stop Intimidate from working? Or is it like Clear Body?
If it's like Clear Body, it would mean your other Pkm who doesn't have Own Tempo/Inner Focus/Etc. would be affected by Intimidate in a double battle.
So, which one is it if I may ask?

1. Dynamax punches through protect dealing 25% damage just like Z-moves
2. Cannot be forced out apparently, just like how they are immune to flinch
Wait, if dynamax can't be forced out how does this interact with emergency exit? Have we found a way to make golisopod not switch or is he just a terrible dynamax user?

Ermm... So I just noticed, isn't the move Spreadsheet missing the Gigantamax-exclusive Max-Moves? Where is G-Max Wildfire and the like? They are not in the regular Namelist for moves and i can't find any specifics on them. Maybe they are reusing Animations from the regular Max-Moves because they really are just renamed regular Max Moves?

Also, Max Moves only have one entry unlike Z-Moves that had one per category. All Max-Moves are listed as physical, but they do change their damage category based on the base attack, right?

Wait, if dynamax can't be forced out how does this interact with emergency exit? Have we found a way to make golisopod not switch or is he just a terrible dynamax user?
I assume it works as if you were switching out normally, which I believe ends the Dynamax for Golisopod. Definitely seems not that great, though the extra HP on Golisopod can be quite nice.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
There's one thing I don't understand about Intimdate and Own Tempo/Inner Focus.
Do the two ability stop Intimidate from working? Or is it like Clear Body?
If it's like Clear Body, it would mean your other Pkm who doesn't have Own Tempo/Inner Focus/Etc. would be affected by Intimidate in a double battle.
So, which one is it if I may ask?
It's like clear body.
While the "X's Intimidate" little popup is visible, you also see "Y's Own Tempo" pop up afterwards, with the message "Y's Attack was not lowered!"

I mean, with that logic, I can sort of understand axing Return and Frustration, and even Hidden Power.

And moves like Razor Wind, Rage, Comet Punch, nobody's really gonna miss 'em in any case. Though I will confess that Bide's always been a move I love to make use of ingame.

But... Heal Order? Signal Beam? Pursuit? Like... I hope they're going to return in future games, but why cut them in the first place? I don't get that at all.
Heal Order because Roost still exists.
Signal Beam because the only things that used it either had better Bug moves or DIDN'T NEED Bug coverage.
Pursuit because it's an unholy pain in the ass.

Watching a lot of battles on Showdown. A few observations:

Dynamax Gyarados is very strong. The only things that seem to be able to wall it are Galarian Corsola and Ferrothorn.

Galarian Corsola is extremely bulky, especially with Strength Sap.

A lot of Mimikyu, Ditto, Aegislash, Hydreigon, Excadrill, Gengar. A lot of Screens and Entry Hazard spam.

A few Grassy Seed Hawlucha with Rillaboom

Corviknight is everywhere but it doesn't seem to do much... set up screens and take a hit... but it's so passive.

A surprising amount of Trick Room Reuniclus

Does Oblivious also block Intimidate? Either way Inner Focus getting a buff is cool for Doubles, it gives more of a niche to physical attackers like Lucario, Sawk and Mudsdale if they are effectively immune to Intimidate and flinch. Lucario and Sawk can actually threaten Scrafty or Gyarados leads with CC and Thunder Punch now for example.

So, noticing that Cosmoem is one of the "35", and that its version-specific evolution requirements have been updated...
======
790 - Cosmoem (Stage: 2)
======
Galar Dex: Foreign
Base Stats: 43.29.131.29.131.37 (BST: 400)
EV Yield: 0.0.1.0.1.0
Abilities: Sturdy (1) | Sturdy (2) | Sturdy (H)
Type: Psychic
Items: None
EXP Group: Slow
Egg Group: Undiscovered
Hatch Cycles: 120
Height: 00.10 m, Weight: 999.9 kg, Color: Blue
Evolves into Solgaleo-0 @ 53 (LevelUpVersion) [44]
Evolves into Lunala-0 @ 53 (LevelUpVersion) [45]
Has it been confirmed yet that game ID 44 is Sword and 45 is Shield? Or the other way around?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)