SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Blastoise even had Dark Pulse cut from its move set lmfao. They really did say Megas are illegal now.
I do not believe there has ever been a precedent for a mon to get a move entirely cut from it's moveset (Ignoring this gen's cut moves), especially for a move like dark pulse, which is a tr.

I do not believe there has ever been a precedent for a mon to get a move entirely cut from it's moveset (Ignoring this gen's cut moves), especially for a move like dark pulse, which is a tr.
It's happened a few times between generations, mostly 1 and 2 going into 3+, like the Charmander line losing Leer, Poliwag line losing Amnesia, and the Phanpy line losing Water Gun (not that it would use it but it was nice flavor). There are a few Gen 3+ examples, like Qwilfish losing Swords Dance and Hitmontop losing Drill Run, though a lot of these have been restored in SwSh where applicable.

Also, just as innocuous as Water Gun Phanpy, Throh lost Mat Block just this gen (the most recent example I can remember), which it only had access to last gen. Mat Block is apparently still a usable move programmed into gen 8, but its only native learner now, Gren, still isn't available. And Throh transferred from gen 7 would need to avoid getting the Battle-Ready mark to keep it (if it even wanted to). That's all. No issue for Smogon formats anyway.

But ya, looks like Dark Pulse Blastoise is still legal for all formats.

I meant level-up moveset, excuse me.

Heracross also doesn’t learn Bullet Seed anymore.

You actually missed a more interesting example: Heracross no longer learns Arm Thrust by level-up, despite the fact the move was not cut. And since it's not a TM/TR either, it completely lost access to the move.
Damn I thought that Arm Thrust was cut but I saw that in this generation so far, it's now exclusive to Pancham and Pangoro

To be fair this could just be a case of making a older move signature for some reason, like they did with Strenght/Cut (now tecnically signature moves of Machamp and Kartana)
Maybe, but Strength and Cut were moves that no Pokémon could learn by level-up until they were stripped of their HM status. Arm Thrust, on the other hand, was just an ordinary move.

(And besides, Strength is not a signature move anymore as other Pokémon can also learn it by level-up in Gen VIII, and Kantonian Farfetch'd can now learn Cut by level-up as well)

So other things I've been noticing...

- Dragonite gets Dual Wingbeat, as expected. It also gets Scale Shot.
- Lugia gets Scale Shot, which I did not expect at all.
- Swampert does NOT get Scorching Sands in spite of it being a Ground-type Pokémon.
- Salamence gets Dual Wingbeat. Congratulations!
- Kyogre does not get Flip Turn.
- Groudon gets Scorching Sands. Unfortunately it gets the move in the same games it does not have access to Primal Reversion. Anything Goes beware (although they were already wary of Lava Plume, I guess).
- The Turtwig line inexplicably has access to Skitter Smack.
- The Piplup line gets no tutor moves. Not even Dual Wingbeat.
- Garchomp also gets the benefit of Scorching Sands. It could be neat for some tanky set if it weren't for something else also getting it...
- Lumineon gets Triple Axel, joining Milotic in the group of "Pokémon that can use kicking moves without legs"
- Palkia gets Dual Wingbeat... for some reason.
- Arceus ONLY gets Terrain Pulse.
- Serperior gets Grassy Glide (which is physical so it won't use such a move anyways) and Scale Shot (which works against Contrary). Give the good boi some good moves :(
- Landorus with Scorching Sands is everything that will be wrong in OU when it returns.
- Greninja does not get Flip Turn... and instead gets Skitter Smack. I don't know which one makes less sense.
- Zygarde is yet another Pokémon that gets Skitter Smack for some weird reason. At least Scorching Sands and Scale Shot make sense.
- Minior gets Meteor Beam. For a moment I was worried it wouldn't.
- All the Tapus get the tutor moves that are boosted by their terrains. That should be enough.
- Also, Tapu Fini gets Flip Turn. It likely won't get Teleport, so this should compensate.
- So many things get Skitter Smack... but not Buzzwole. Why?
- Kartana gets Grassy Slide. Just in case you wanted to run it alongside Tapu Bulu.
- Blacephalon gets Scorching Sands. Remember Tyranitar horribly walling it because it couldn't use HP Fighting and instead had to use the pathetic HP Grass? Now it gets something a little stronger that can even burn Tyranitar.

Last edited:
Notable additions:
Zubat's line and Aerodactyl get Dual Wingbeat, this is huge for the latter in particular, as it finally gets reliable Flying-type STAB. Will be very useful in NatDex metas where Mega Aerodactyl exists. Sadly we won't get Gligar or Gliscor in Crown Tundra, but they get Dual Wingbeat too which is also nice and means they can still keep an item while having strong Flying STAB.
Pretty much any Special Attacking Fire-type gets Scorching Sand. It'll be useful for Magmortar in lower tiers when it comes back in Crown Tundra.

New Flip Turn users (who won't be in the games to receive these sadly): Seel/Dewgong, Huntail/Gorebyss, Buizel/Floatzel, Finneon/Lumineon, Phione/Manaphy, Panpour/Simipour, Tapu Fini (this one we will get and it will be useful for it)

New Poltergeist users: Misdreavus/Mismagius, Shuppet/Banette (would be good on its Mega but we won't get it or its Mega any time soon), Spiritomb(!; for lower tiers of course), Giratina(!), Hoopa

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Everyone's talking about the unreleased mons getting the tutors but what really stuck out to me was that a lot of the pokemon currently in the game already have different moves listed than what they currently have. Just as I was scrolling I noticed that Ttar got Meteor Beam and Aegi got Poltergeist, moves that neither of them have atm, while also noticing some pokemon were missing moves, like Tsareena, Cinccino and Gallade all missing Triple Axel.

Normally I always take a healthy grain of salt for stuff like this (especially after the TM/TR leak awhile back) but from how many things this list seems to be incorrect with I might just have to take the whole salt shaker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)