SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

any info if Ability Patch can revert any HA pokémon to one of standard abilities? You know, for the cases the Hidden Ability sucks at some sets.

It would make so much more sense to just make No Guard not work with OHKO moves, like every other accuracy check in the game, than for GF to go to these absurd lengths to prevent No Guard Fissure Machamp ever becoming legal.
Somehow I doubt they are even thinking of the fissure no guard machamp (which reminder, isnt legal in vgc anyway). I am confident they just dont consider necessary to be able to go back, in same way they never gave a way to reverse hyper train or have 0 IV caps.

Somehow I doubt they are even thinking of the fissure no guard machamp (which reminder, isnt legal in vgc anyway). I am confident they just dont consider necessary to be able to go back, in same way they never gave a way to reverse hyper train or have 0 IV caps.
"Why would you want to go back to a normal ability? You've got a hidden ability now! It's special! It's better!"

Hey, where’s the full list of returning mon again? I’m breeding in preparation right now and I swear I forgot to put the sinnoh fossils on my list but I’m not sure.

We're all just forgetting we see us solving a seemingly pretty simple tile puzzle, huh

Not that Im surprised. Literally not a single regi puzzle since then has been as obtsue and roundabout as RSE, outside of their remakes.

• There's 27 "DREAMMATCH" listings in the trainder data. We don't know what these are.
  • The opponents for the Stars Tournament are....all the same people as the normal tournament. Even the rando NPCs. Avery, Klara, etc aren't part of these. These listings are separate from the DREAMMATCHES above
So going back to this real quick, it seems the stars tournament listing was probably either a place holder or a "before beating the dlc" set of trainers with the DREAMMATCHES likely being the "real" set. The latest trailer showed Klara, Avery, Mustard and Opal (the only base-game leader excluded) participating in the tournament, and presumably Peony & his daughter will join in too.
With that in mind...
  1. Hop (Starter 1, Wolf 1)
  2. Marnie
  3. Bede
  4. Milo
  5. Nessa
  6. Kabu
  7. Bea
  8. Allister
  9. Opal
  10. Gordie
  11. Melony
  12. Piers
  13. Raihan
  14. Leon (Starter 1)
  15. Klara
  16. Avery
  17. Mustard (Urshifu 1)
  18. Peony
  19. Peony's daughter
So that's 8 slots left. But since the game keeps track of all variants of Hop (starters, wolves), Leon(starters) & Mustard (urshifu form) separately, even within across version exclusives (ie this is why the VE leaders are listed at all)...
  1. Hop (Starter 2, Wolf 1)
  2. Hop (Starter 3, Wolf 1)
  3. Hop (Starter 1, Wolf 2)
  4. Hop (Starter 2, Wolf 2)
  5. Hop (Starter 3, Wolf 2)
  6. Leon (Starter 2)
  7. Leon (Starter 3)
  8. Mustard (Urshifu 2)

That seems to work out neatly, and would equally suggest that Hop's team will be Dubwool, Starter, Wolf while Leon will always have Starter and Charizard.

That moment when (assuming even levels) one Rival *actually* ends up having scary teams and that one happens to be Hop
Hop in the normal version of the tournament, where he'll also bring his wolf, is already kind of scary. Gutting the cruft and putting him in a multi battle with another character who ALSO probably gutted the cruft? Horrifying.

Also double checking the trailer, Leon brings Aegislash as his lead. So that should be his squad: Aegislash, Starter, Charizard.

A slight twist to all this is Milo. I forgot that his team also changes between versions. In both versions he has Eldegoss, Bellossom and Cherrim but in Sword he has Shiftry & Flapple while Shield has Ludicolo (who we do see in the footage) and Appletun
That does throw the numbering off. Mysterious!
The easiest explanation is there's more than 27, but the number works so closely that I wonder if they might simplify (ie maybe one of Hop or Leo ndoesnt bring the starter at all, which would also open up for someone else to come in) or cut out someone. We know you fight Peony's daughter at least once and she'll help you out in Raids just like Avery, Klara & Peony, but maybe she's expendable like Honey might be?

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We're all just forgetting we see us solving a seemingly pretty simple tile puzzle, huh

Not that Im surprised. Literally not a single regi puzzle since then has been as obtsue and roundabout as RSE, outside of their remakes.
Honestly considering the amount of work needed for that one, I'm fine with not going back to that level of effort for puzzles. There's a happy medium between "I'm handing you everything, go into this room and have fun" and "Read braille, put hard to find Pokemon in your party in a specific order, follow very specific commands, and then here are Regis".

I wouldn't mind a Seafoam Islands or Victory Road-type puzzle you needed to solve to get Articuno and Moltres to get brought back, I feel like there really hasn't been a good one of those in years and I actually still found them challenging in a replay of Fire Red recently.

I really wonder what the Armorite Ore-esque item introduced in the Crown Tundra will be used for.

I hope it will be used as currency for another move tutor, but for some old moves instead i.e. Knock Off. Other than that, maybe that's how you get Ability Patches?

I really wonder what the Armorite Ore-esque item introduced in the Crown Tundra will be used for.

I hope it will be used as currency for another move tutor, but for some old moves instead i.e. Knock Off. Other than that, maybe that's how you get Ability Patches?
It will be the entry fee for Dynamax Adventures. :psywoke:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)