SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Can't believe no one is talking about the obvious star of the Ability Patch, which is FINALLY being able to get Flame Body Heatran!!!!!!!!
I can.

(Who would reply with the "That's the joke" meme if I wasn't asking? :P)
We have for memes, and I am still waiting for someone to get cheesed horribly by it at some point.
Just imagine trying to fake out or u-turn into Heatran only to get burned and have your sweeper ruined...
At the beginning of the Gen 5 Dream World Meta someone said they used it to bait out and KO Dittos. This reminds me of someone in Gen 6 saying they unironicly use Flame Body Talonflame because it's fast enough that it can get away with not having priority and still make people think it has Gale Wings. That sounds like 90% gimmick, but giving up a Fire Immunity makes Flash Fire Heatran seem like 99% gimmick. There's probably a niche for some team were it's almost worth it, but Flash Fire is too good to give up.

At the beginning of the Gen 5 Dream World Meta someone said they used it to bait out and KO Dittos. This reminds me of someone in Gen 6 saying they unironicly use Flame Body Talonflame because it's fast enough that it can get away with not having priority and still make people think it has Gale Wings. That sounds like 90% gimmick, but giving up a Fire Immunity makes Flash Fire Heatran seem like 99% gimmick. There's probably a niche for some team were it's almost worth it, but Flash Fire is too good to give up.
Gimmicks work well in tournaments based on Bo1s though. That's why I'm confident someone will pull this off at some point.

DJWT64

formerly Mustash
Is there any information on if there will be any new gmax forms in the crown tundra? I would most likely expect a few.

If there were the datamine wouldn’t show it due to how it works — it doesn’t show new forms for Slowking or the birds, for instance.
I do personally doubt it though given we got shown every new form in Isle pre-release, and DLC like this banks more on showing everything it has to offer than the game.

If there were the datamine wouldn’t show it due to how it works — it doesn’t show new forms for Slowking or the birds, for instance.
I do personally doubt it though given we got shown every new form in Isle pre-release, and DLC like this banks more on showing everything it has to offer than the game.
In all fairness we are four days away from release and we know of at least two new species and two new forms of revealed species that haven't so much as been hinted at in the trailers.

I would expect gigantamax forms for some of the Pokemon returning. It would be weird if no one got a gmax form. I hope GF susprises us.

In all fairness we are four days away from release and we know of at least two new species and two new forms of revealed species that haven't so much as been hinted at in the trailers.
Yeah, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Calyrex can Gigantamax. Heck, I wouldn't be completely surprised if both fused Calyrex Gigantamax forms look exactly the same a la Flapple-Gmax and Appletun-Gmax.

Is there any information on if there will be any new gmax forms in the crown tundra? I would most likely expect a few.
The "issue" is that the datamine only shows movesets for already existing pokemon.

Outside of simply the fact that there's 2 other legendary/mythical/something pokemon meant to fuse with Calyrex in some way due to leftover data in the game, all the datamine was able to show is the learnset of other pokemon (returning and not returning) as well as which pokemon are actually returning.

We have 0 data on new forms (nothing about the galar birds or slowking for example), so the presence of new G-max isn't confirmed nor denied in any way.

It is indeed possible (personally I expect either a new form or G-max or both for Regigigas), but we have no idea.

Although, if we're being honest, I wouldn't be shocked if any new g-max forms would have had some reference somewhere within the game?

There's a lot of left over stuff here. Wouldn't a g-max probably have a reference to it, a place holder, somewhere in the game that we'd have seen?
Just some stuff for reference:
-flight location
-a near full suite of event data pertaining to just about everything in the tundra's "quests"
-also left over image data for title cards and Peony's icon
-Stars Tournament placeholders
-battle placeholders for peony, his daughter and marnie
-placeholders showing peony & his daughter will show up as raid allies
-models of new npcs
-multiple instances of referencing the 2 other horses
-placeholder item data
-with partially implemented usage
-fixed day weather patterns
-flags for following pokemon
-place holders ofr 8 more songs for selecting battle music

It's just, like...there's a ton of placeholder stuff everywhere. Tundra is touching a bunch of tables and code. And the idea we'd have such a firm idea to most of whats going on but somehow they 100% completely scrubbed anything & everything to do with more forms except for Calyrex strikes me as not impossible (obviously this is just a snapshot of development we have) but feels kind of improbable?
Like no placeholders put in ANYWHERE, with this being the one major thing just totally avoided on all possible fronts?

There's a lot of left over stuff here. Wouldn't a g-max probably have a reference to it, a place holder, somewhere in the game that we'd have seen?
Based on this logic, we would also assume that we aren't getting any more Galarian forms other than Slowking. Since we know for certain that we're getting Galarian birds, that narrows the possibilities down to "the dataminers haven't been looking carefully enough" or "the information isn't there"; the hypothesis that no more Pokemon forms exist which haven't been found in the datamine has been empirically falsified.

Any chance of new datamined info before release? I am doubting it, assuming they will need the final build to get more info. Which would probably come after it goes live.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Any chance of new datamined info before release? I am doubting it, assuming they will need the final build to get more info. Which would probably come after it goes live.
Usually home gets updated a little bit before the DLC drops, so there will be a (very brief) period of pre-release datamine goodness

Usually home gets updated a little bit before the DLC drops, so there will be a (very brief) period of pre-release datamine goodness
Does Home data have the base stats of the Pokemon? I can't remember if we knew Urshifu's stats from the pre-DLC1 update.

Does Home data have the base stats of the Pokemon? I can't remember if we knew Urshifu's stats from the pre-DLC1 update.
I think the only info we got from the pre-DLC1 update involved the new moves. Heck, all we got were the moves' names; I don't think we learned who learned what until after Isle of Armor got released.

I think the only info we got from the pre-DLC1 update involved the new moves. Heck, all we got were the moves' names; I don't think we learned who learned what until after Isle of Armor got released.
We also didn't know what the moves actually did.

Just so I know what to expect when the Crown Tundra releases, here's a list of the new Pokémon and forms we know about at the moment:
  • G-Slowking
  • G-Articuno
  • G-Zapdos
  • G-Moltres
  • Regieleki (#894)
  • Regidrago (#895)
  • Hakuba (#896)
  • Kokuba (#897)
  • Calyrex (#898)
  • Calyrex w/ Hakuba
  • Calyrex w/ Kokuba
  • And probably a Mythical or two (#899+)
How many Mythicals we might get should depend on Gen VIII's future. Sun and Moon weren't updated to be compatible with USUM's new Pokémon, so a future Mythical could be saved for a new game instead of being introduced in the Crown Tundra update. I do think we'll get at least one, however.

The current listings we have imply that Calyrex is the end of hte dex.
Which yeah is another of those "this was just a snapshot of development and subject to change/additions" type situations but I feel like they would just update the game later to add the mythic rather than in Crown Tundra where it'll sit and get leaked months before it's supposed to be revealed.

e: Actually thinking on it, production on the next movie was probably delayed due to covid, so I wonder how that effects the mythic.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)