SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

May I ask what you think about Duraludon's viability? :o
I’m mean right off the bat steel and dragon is an amazing typing and solid stats. The speed and special defence seems like it’ll hold it back, but it will probably work well with an av and specs. I don’t really see it being meta game defining as it probably won’t get reliable recovery and depending on the coverage it gets it could be pretty good. Unless it get some some strong boosting/utility moves it’ll be pretty good if not really good.

Can anyone give their thoughts on Cursola?
-Pretty much the best new SpAttacker we know of
-High attack and SpD
-Low speed and defense but Weak Armour
-Mono Ghost
I really want to see Corsola and it's Evo do well but idk how well a weak armour set holds up. Praying it still has Regenerator to make up for it.

Use a F.E.A.R. Swinub to win every match in two turns. It's okay if the AI is dumb.
Nice catch! Maybe Destiny Bond might work aswell, the more the merrier.

edit: things like Sturdy/Sash coupled with Counter or Mirror Coatcan also be considered towards this

-High attack and SpD
-Mono Ghost
I really want to see Corsola and it's Evo do well but idk how well a weak armour set holds up. Praying it still has Regenerator to make up for it.
Thing is Weak Armour is a nonsense in a Pokémon with what, 30 Base Speed or something along those lines? It'll hit like a truck specially under Trick Room. But idk what its ability is about.

Even if it was the fastest Pokémon in the world, I don't like the idea of being susceptible to priority Sucker Punch with paper thin defenses.

-High attack and SpD
-Mono Ghost
Regenerator doesn't make too much sense considering it's... dead. But depending on how common dark / normal types are it might still function by spamming Specs Shadow Ball. Hopefully it will get a good hidden ability like Sheer Force or something.

How will Galar-only evolutions affect Little Cup? Galarian Corsola evolves into Cursola so will be eligible, but would standard water/rock Corsola be allowed in now? (if it's available somehow or on a NatDex LC ruleset)

So, this might be an odd question but what are the plans for Smogon formats right now? Will there only be primary tiers/formats for the Galar dex or will there be some kind of legacy format which allows all pokemon to be used but ones that didn't make it in only have access to their gen 7 moves and abilities?

How will Galar-only evolutions affect Little Cup? Galarian Corsola evolves into Cursola so will be eligible, but would standard water/rock Corsola be allowed in now? (if it's available somehow or on a NatDex LC ruleset)
Likely in that case only Galarian Corsola will be allowed in little cup. I think for instance only female Combee and Salandits are allowed? I don't remember though.

So, this might be an odd question but what are the plans for Smogon formats right now? Will there only be primary tiers/formats for the Galar dex or will there be some kind of legacy format which allows all pokemon to be used but ones that didn't make it in only have access to their gen 7 moves and abilities?
There will be a Galar dex OU and a Nat dex OU

Oh nice! I'm eager to see how that shapes up. Will we be allowed to dynamax pokemon in the Nat dex?

Also regarding LC, I think by the same logic of only pokemon with evolutions being allowed in, G-Max Pikachu, Meowth, and Eevee wouldn't be allowed as they cannot evolve.

-High attack and SpD
-Mono Ghost
Out classed by chandy offensively with higher speed and fire stab. Unless it finds some bulky bruiser niche. Also this thing defensively will fall over to knock off. I can only see this thing as a tr abuser especially if it gets nasty plot, or if it gets placed really low tier wise and can brute force it’s way through stuff.

Out classed by chandy offensively with higher speed and fire stab. Unless it finds some bulky bruiser niche. Also this thing defensively will fall over to knock off. I can only see this thing as a tr abuser especially if it gets nasty plot, or if it gets placed really low tier wise and can brute force it’s way through stuff.
I honestly kind of feel bad for it since it seems like there's sure to be a hard hitting physical dark type in every single tier.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This is still currently being decided. Galar Dex OU (And tiers) will be Smogon's primary cause for concern heading forwards, and there are still decisions being made about anything extending past that. There will highly likely be some sort of Other Meta (or tier) which will have all Pokemon available. Whether or not it will be "Official" is something else entirely.

think stuff like blunder policy dark void Darkrai and things of that nature could be good if it essentially puts you in a situation where someone has to go to bed or you get a speed boost.
I think the best way to abuse Blunder Policy will be with strong but inaccurate attacks. Things like Blizzard, Zap Cannon, or (in non-Smogon metas) Fissure. They're powerful when they hit, and once you get your speed boost from missing, you can Dynamax and throw off powerful max moves with perfect accuracy.

Anyone here who think there will be the possibility for doing monotype with the Galar Dex? ^^"
I'm sure it'll still be possible. If anything, Ice-type teams have received HUGE buffs this gen with G-Max Lapras, Frosmoth, Galarian Darmanitan, etc. Plus, both Abomasnow and Vanilluxe are still in as Hail setters. Not to mention the new boots that block hazards.

I'm sure it'll still be possible. If anything, Ice-type teams have received HUGE buffs this gen with G-Max Lapras, Frosmoth, Galarian Darmanitan, etc. Plus, both Abomasnow and Vanilluxe are still in as Hail setters. Not to mention the new boots that block hazards.
Yeah, some types could be crazy now. Like, Dragon having some strong new mons, Ice, too, and Dark with Grimmsnarl (still think this thing is really good) - and flying will just die to electro attacks x"D

Edit: BTW, do we know about Lapras G-Max Moves effect?

Yeah, some types could be crazy now. Like, Dragon having some strong new mons, Ice, too, and Dark with Grimmsnarl (still think this thing is really good) - and flying will just die to electro attacks x"D

Edit: BTW, do we know about Lapras G-Max Moves effect?
Yeah, it‘s a damaging Aurora Veil-move that was leaked couple days ago with Machamp etc.

Well, bit the bullet and bought my Switch today and pre-ordered Shield. Fat Apple Dragon swung it for me. I have to have it!

My team will be Scorbunny, Bolthund (he's a goodest boi), Fat Apple Dragon, Galarian Ponyta, Frosmoth (I have long awaited a Frosty Bug and it doesn't disappoint) and will leave my last slot open for whatever watery type takes my fancy at the time. Although with the always on XP share I can see myself branching out and having a larger stable of mons.

There's also Mr. Rhime who might be faster and stronger than Mr.Mime to deal with Fighting Pkm. And there's no Scizor and Heatran to terrorize ice. So, it looks pretty good for ice right now.

Dragon, ghost, fighting, steel, dark and fairy are the biggest winners this gen in gaining powerful new mons. Flying pretty much only really got Corviknight though I think and we still need to see how Toxtricity is to determine how poison types faired (though they do finally have an uber legend to their name).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)