SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I don't pay attention at this for, like, two hours and hell rains lol

Dragapult and Toxel's evo are going to be part of my team, making it 9 mons for me to use. Dragapult is likely the pseudo but it does not feel like a pseudo. Very "normal", for the lack of a better word.

Now, the final number depends on the availability of the fossil Pokémon before the post-game (as in, either 10 or 11). I know there was that piece of dialog saying that they were torn in halves, but I honestly didn't expect it being taken literally.

Also, Eternatus looks amazing, and compensates the hideous cover legendaries.

A 632 Dex was within my expectations, though again, no Snivy hurts a lot.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Ok wait, stop stop

look new pokemon are always great, but what are many of these new pokemon based on?

Pokemon have 5 type of inspirations for the most part; animals, plants, mythological creatures, (japanese) pop culture and natural formations

yes we all know the casual or not-even-familiar-with-the-franchise fan that claims that Chandelure and Vanilluxe are just "objects" but part of what makes pokemon interesting is that their origins are much deeper than that

and I'm not saying Gamefreak should limit themselves, but really a plane? a hat? such superficial inspirations make me sad for the franchise :(
People are still arguing this? We've been on this circular "object bad" discussion since the beginning of time. Also how ironic of you to say stuff like chandy and vanniluxe have deeper origins while commenting on these new designs being shallow without, you know, knowing the deeper origins. Chandelure on first sight is just a chandelier, after all

GameFreak, you had such a good track record with fossils, why did you make the new ones looks so fucking horrible
It’s been a while since I had a paleo course, but if I remember correctly, early fossil hunting in the real world was more art than science.

At the turn of the last century, as paleontology was still in it’s infancy, whenever a group of fossil bones was found it was assumed to come from one creature (if there was at least one skull that is). So they took all the bones and tried their best to make a Dino out of it, and then tried sketching skin and features to get a feel for how it would have looked. The results were both horrible and hilarious, and it took decades to properly classify remains.

I imagine the fossils of this gen are inspired by this “eh, let’s just wing it” early approach to paleontology.

Dragapult is designed after a stealth bomber (as you all know) and also this extinct amphibian, diplocaulus. Really hoping for Dragon/Ghost.
If this other Twitter account that's been posting/reposting stuff is to be believed, it is indeed ghost/dragon, which is amazing. I was hoping the pseudo would be but didn't think this looked ghosty enough. Eternatus looks waaaaay more ghosty. Stoked to use this if it's true!

E: forgot link:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
People are still arguing this? We've been on this circular "object bad" discussion since the beginning of time. Also how ironic of you to say stuff like chandy and vanniluxe have deeper origins while commenting on these new designs being shallow without, you know, knowing the deeper origins. Chandelure on first sight is just a chandelier, after all
Exactly. Like, that Hat Psychic waifu is probs a japanese folklore mon

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
It’s been a while since I had a paleo course, but if I remember correctly, early fossil hunting in the real world was more art than science.

At the turn of the last century, as paleontology was still in it’s infancy, whenever a group of fossil bones was found it was assumed to come from one creature (if there was at least one skull that is). So they took all the bones and tried their best to make a Dino out of it, and then tried sketching skin and features to get a feel for how it would have looked. The results were both horrible and hilarious, and it took decades to properly classify remains.

I imagine the fossils of this gen are inspired by this “eh, let’s just wing it” early approach to paleontology.
I get the concept. It's a great idea, but its poorly executed which results in very shit designs imo

If this other Twitter account that's been posting/reposting stuff is to be believed, it is indeed ghost/dragon, which is amazing. I was hoping the pseudo would be but didn't think this looked ghosty enough. Eternatus looks waaaaay more ghosty. Stoked to use this if it's true!
The only thing I am personally believing as confirmation are these ingame dex screenshots. Anything else is the conclusions and fanart of twitter

ngl these new pokemon designs are all AMAZING (even the wacky mix-n-match fossils). there's definitely a unique feel to these, though. like, theyre more cartoonish than before? not a bad thing at all though.

theres just one thing that i NEED to know, though. the availability of gigantamax forms. it was said a while back that you only get them through max raids, which was, and is still, a really bad decision. now im actually concerned that some, or even all, g-max forms are locked to postgame only

Are base stats out yet
Right now it seems that one person has the game and he is the primary source of these screenshots. You'll want to watch Kaphotics/projectpokemon/whatever hackers since when they get the game they'll be datamining.
EDIT: Ninja'd 2x

RE: Dark gym, postgame: I'm repeating myself here but a lot of twitter guys seem to be parroting 4chan's anonymice or fishing for likes. For every real leak there's 1000 liars.

EDIT2: I can't even find a source for these posts.

Dark apparently comes from the same Spanish tweeter. There might be a private source on discord or something but who really knows without proof.

EDIT3: Lol
1572825744941.png

Last edited:
I'll concede on being trigger happy on the pseudo-legendary, but I honestly don't think the hat based line is based on anything but "hats" and "hat-on-a-mannequin"
also while Alcremie's name alludes to it been based on a homunculus I fear that much like Kommo-o that might be localization fiat and not its intended inspiration

like I gladly be proved wrong but to date I yet to seen any explanation for Meltan's origin that isn't my own

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)