SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok so there's so much shit that's been dumped on me so Imma do rapid fire thoughts on things that stood out for me

-They really did not pull any punches with Galarian Corsola's dex entry huh

-What the fuck even are Dragapult's stats. Combined with Clear Body this thing will excel at cucking Webs should that become a popular playstyle

-Ayee my man Centiskorch gets Fire Lash. That's actually cool, helps offset some of the longevity issues of the Fire/Bug type. Also seems physically biased or at least mixed, another +

-Has it finally happened? Have they finally actually made a good Ice type special attacker?? Now just give Frosmoth Compound Eyes for Blizzard spam pls

I noticed in a post someone made describing currently known postgame activities the obtainment of Type:Null is put in parentheses next to the Battle Tower clone. Does this imply Null is a reward for getting to a certain milestone there? Because on the one hand that's kinda anti-climactic for that mon and raises some questions considering Silvally's lore. On the other hand it's certainly a more interesting reward than extra BP

And while it's not exactly related to anything brand new shown off, I'd just like to bring up that we currently know of 20 Gigantamax forms. XY introduced 28 Mega Evolutions, technically 30 if you count the Mega Latis who while unobtainable were fully implemented and usable via hacking. If we assume that number is roughly the same for new Gigantamax forms, we still potentially got about 10 to go, and I strongly doubt they'd pick Garbodor of all things to be the only non-gen 1/8 mon that can Gigantamax

I’m pretty excited about these nice stats for the new bug Pokémon personally, I know they probably won’t be overly powerful in competitive, but once we get those movepools, who knows?

Same thing as how it was Primal rather than Mega Groudon/Kyogre. Just making it more "epic" because it's a legendary.
Primal was also mechanically different, though -- it activated on switch in, and you could have as many as you wanted. Ultra Burst was more similar, but still allowed the use of Z-moves and did not use your mega slot.

If it's the only one with a dex entry, I think it will have some similar quirk. Perhaps it doesn't use your Dynamax slot, activates more automatically, offers a bigger stat boost (if that's a thing), or changes its ability (Pressure is pretty much a placeholder ability on legendaries).

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So we got a ton of info dropped on us, but dont let this distract you from the fact that Dragon Dance is basically a move tutor move right now, and i am frightened to see who learns it.
Is there a list of the learnable moves out there along with a description on how this tutor system works? I heard it's only one-time or something, does this mean once you teach a mon a move and then use it in battle the move goes away?

Is there a list of the learnable moves out there along with a description on how this tutor system works? I heard it's only one-time or something, does this mean once you teach a mon a move and then use it in battle the move goes away?
No, it's basically a variant of TM that works like they did before gen 5. That indirectly introduces a lot of QOL improvements like making them tradeable.

I like it, so long as they're careful about not making any once per save file ones.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
No, it's basically a variant of TM that works like they did before gen 5. That indirectly introduces a lot of QOL improvements like making them tradeable.

I like it, so long as they're careful about not making any once per save file ones.
Sounds cool! And anything that makes Move Tutor moves available without having to wait for Pokemon (insert lethal firearm here) is fine by me. Now I'd like a list pls

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
How do mints work? Do they change the pokemon's actual nature or do they just change the stat modifiers while keeping the name as flavour text?

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
While I am disappointed with a lot of the designs I gotta say these stat layouts and moves are pretty spectacular.

-Starters don't look too bad. Rillaboom has enough speed and power to help it get over mono-Grass, Cinderace looks like it has some crazy coverage and Inteleon is a glass cannon (also lmao at it cucking Cinderace's speed by 1 point)
-Dragapult continues to impress with that crazy speed. First time in a long time I've been super on-board with the pseudo right from the get go. It's abilities don't impress that much at first glance but I think they'll both have good niches
-I was caught off guard with just how strong Barraskewda is, I thought it was gonna be another Basculin lmao this thing is about to go IN
-Copperajah looks great on paper so far but I fear it's movepool won't be able to take advantage of Sheer Force that well (and if Melmetal gets confirmed it's just lights out for this boy)
-No Retreat is just hilarious, it's gonna make Falinks such a fun mon to use even if it ends up being super gimmicky
-As much as I hate the stupid penguin, the implications of it's ability is interesting. It sounds like it could completely negate physical damage while Hail is up.
-Grimmsnarl's stats kinda just look like worse Incineroar so I'll have to reserve judgement for when we see it's full movepool (Not that into Spirit Break for this mon in particular)
-Not sure how I feel about Hatterene yet. It's clearly meant to be Trick Room centric but yowch that HP isn't great. Life Dew is also a bit disappointing that it only heals 25% even in singles
-Not super jazzed about Frosmoth at the moment but Centriskorch stole my heart real quick with Coil and based Fire Lash. So happy this move didn't get left behind on ol Heatmor
-Toxtricity's ability looks pretty sick but it won't mean a lot if it doesn't have a good sound movepool. Also would like to see if Amped form has boosted stats.
-Kinda disappointed in Duraludon tbh. We speculated it could be crazy strong pre-release but it's kind of just an average special attacker. Hopefully his Gmax move helps him out

Think that's everything we saw tonight, good lord that was more than I thought I would have to say.

trubbish

Banned deucer.
While I am disappointed with a lot of the designs I gotta say these stat layouts and moves are pretty spectacular.

-Starters don't look too bad. Rillaboom has enough speed and power to help it get over mono-Grass, Cinderace looks like it has some crazy coverage and Inteleon is a glass cannon (also lmao at it cucking Cinderace's speed by 1 point)
-Dragapult continues to impress with that crazy speed. First time in a long time I've been super on-board with the pseudo right from the get go. It's abilities don't impress that much at first glance but I think they'll both have good niches
-I was caught off guard with just how strong Barraskewda is, I thought it was gonna be another Basculin lmao this thing is about to go IN
-Copperajah looks great on paper so far but I fear it's movepool won't be able to take advantage of Sheer Force that well (and if Melmetal gets confirmed it's just lights out for this boy)
-No Retreat is just hilarious, it's gonna make Falinks such a fun mon to use even if it ends up being super gimmicky
-As much as I hate the stupid penguin, the implications of it's ability is interesting. It sounds like it could completely negate physical damage while Hail is up.
-Grimmsnarl's stats kinda just look like worse Incineroar so I'll have to reserve judgement for when we see it's full movepool (Not that into Spirit Break for this mon in particular)
-Not sure how I feel about Hatterene yet. It's clearly meant to be Trick Room centric but yowch that HP isn't great. Life Dew is also a bit disappointing that it only heals 25% even in singles
-Not super jazzed about Frosmoth at the moment but Centriskorch stole my heart real quick with Coil and based Fire Lash. So happy this move didn't get left behind on ol Heatmor
-Toxtricity's ability looks pretty sick but it won't mean a lot if it doesn't have a good sound movepool. Also would like to see if Amped form has boosted stats.
-Kinda disappointed in Duraludon tbh. We speculated it could be crazy strong pre-release but it's kind of just an average special attacker. Hopefully his Gmax move helps him out

Think that's everything we saw tonight, good lord that was more than I thought I would have to say.
Apologies if I missed something, but is there somewhere we can see all the Pokemon's stats, abilities and movepools?

Apologies if I missed something, but is there somewhere we can see all the Pokemon's stats, abilities and movepools?
Some of the abilities and move pools are discovered in previous pages related to Battle Facility (or whatever it really is called) pre set teams, current stats are really just guesswork

How do mints work? Do they change the pokemon's actual nature or do they just change the stat modifiers while keeping the name as flavour text?
In a tweet from someone at Game Freak (maybe Masuda, but I don't recall), they keep the original nature and just change the stats modified. Example, your Hydreigon will still be listed as Sassy, but after eating a Timid Mint it has the +Spe -Atk effect on its stats.

Dragapult seens more and more broken everytime we get more info about it. Apparently Toxapex can handle it, maybe phys Def Umbreon. But it's seems overwhelming.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Eternatus
So I haven't seen anyone freak out yet over Eternatus. This thing supposedly has a minimum base stat of 673, gets Poison/Dragon STAB, laughs in the face of the Dynamax mechanic itself, is pretty much guaranteed to get fire coverage and Nasty Plot with ubiquitous bulk to set up at least twice and can hold an item!
:psynervous::psycry::psywoke:
Praise the lord it only got Pressure!

Zamazenta
Flawless stat distribution, just like Eternatus. If Zacian's look anything like this, I will send a letter of praise to Game Freak for letting Toxapex stay. Its Rusted Shield form is probabaly gonna sacrifice speed for defenses. If this gets Swords Dance, it'll wallbreak as hell with a good offensive typing and the bulk plus ability effect to give it ample setup opportunities.

Dragapult
Good thing Dragapult missed out this gen's Z-era, it'd break things left and right with Z-Phantom Force (this is honestly giving me Necturna flashbacks). Outspeeds scarfers after one boost, gets ridiculously good offensive STAB (which most probably includes priority) and a good defensive typing to help it set up! This is definitely not staying in OU

Frosmoth

A GOOD ICE-TYPE SPECIAL ATTACKER! This makes my day! Now please give it Compound Eyes with Blizzard, Thunder and Focus Blast!

Last edited:
So I haven't seen anyone freak out yet over Eternatus. This thing supposedly has a minimum base stat of 673, gets Poison/Dragon STAB, laughs in the face of the Dynamax mechanic itself, is pretty much guaranteed to get fire coverage and Nasty Plot with ubiquitous bulk to set up at least twice and can hold an item!
:psynervous::psycry::psywoke:
Praise the lord it only got Pressure!
I mean, even this gen gotta have someone banished to Ubers, and him + the Pseudo are looking like good candidates... :P

Dragapult seens more and more broken everytime we get more info about it. Apparently Toxapex can handle it, maybe phys Def Umbreon. But it's seems overwhelming.
No way that thing doesn't get banned to ubers. After 1 turn, even scarfers can't handle it.

Starting to see why they left Toxapex and Ferrothorn in. And I'm guessing these gigantic attack stats are also to account for beating opposing Dynamax mons.

I mean, even this gen gotta have someone banished to Ubers, and him + the Pseudo are looking like good candidates... :P
I hadn't considered Nasty Plot. Between that, a free item and a signature move that hits opposing Dynamaxes for 200BP and is super-effective against itself, there are gonna be a lot of games decided by Eternatus speed ties.

It looks to play a lot like Naganadel, which was already blatantly banworthy in a higher powered meta without being 700BST.

Last edited:
So we got a ton of info dropped on us, but dont let this distract you from the fact that Dragon Dance is basically a move tutor move right now, and i am frightened to see who learns it.
So we get Dragon Dance as a TM-esque move in the first games since its debut that Garchomp is absent.

Coincidence? I think not!

(Although Dragapult will make its presence hardly remembered. Outside of STAB Earthquake, it's outclassed offensively by some kind of moveset like Dragon Dance/Dragon Darts/U-Turn/Iron Head or Poison Jab assuming it learns them)

Last edited:
Do we have a preliminary list of Technical Records, and how they are obtained? (I assume they cost BP)

(Also, a list of TMs. Scald is now a TR so that list has also changed)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)