SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I think it has to be hit with a contact move - so as long as you don't touch it, your ability will be unharmed
(also, I don't think the rain just vanishes because the setting mon loses it's ability)
It's ability is the inverse of Cofagrigius's.

Also yeah rain is permanent on the field for 5 turns after setting. I'm far too excited for Runerigius lol

So you shadow sneak one time to prevent an inminent sweep, die in exchange and the rain abusser just switch out and come back 1 turn later.
It's ability is the inverse of Cofagrigius's.

Also yeah rain is permanent on the field for 5 turns after setting. I'm far too excited for Runerigius lol
Does it ability even work like this?
I thought it has to be touched and then get the ability of the mon :o

But yeah, I love that spoopy stone, too c:

Thievul
[31 IVs-15 IVs-0 IVs]
HP: 55-63-70
Atk: 51-59-66
Def: 52-59-67 (Used 30 IVs instead of 31, 16 IVs instead of 15)
SpA: 80-88-95
SpD: 81-89-96
Spe: 81-89-96
My god, these stats. I thought Greedent was gonna have terrible stats like the Raticate clones always had, but it's shockingly decent for what it is, but Thievul just seems awful. 95 for the highest stat would be pretty good... if this was Gen 2 or something lol

Some of these Pokémon have really weird stats, honestly. At first it seemed like the new mons were gonna be really strong with stuff like Barraskewda and Dragapult, but now we've got a bunch of weirdly weak stuff. The sea urchin is awful, Cramorant is a bit disapointing, Coalossal is horrendous, and Thievul just seems like Liepard, but with less speed for some reason. Some others are pretty good, like Wooloo's evolution, and Alcremie/Eldegoss are very decent for what they are, but there's just these specific cases where I don't know what they were trying to do with the stat distribution. I'm very interested in seeing the datamine, just so that we can get a better idea about what some of these Pokémon are trying to do exactly

I don't know i was just using its same example x'D
I mean, the Ability description says:
"The Pokémon exchanges Abilities with a Pokémon that hits it with a move that makes direct contact." (Quote end) :"D
Otherwise, with Shadow Sneak, this thing would be waaay to good. ^^"

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Does it ability even work like this?
I thought it has to be touched and then get the ability of the mon :o
Based on the description it's not inverse Mummy like we initially thought. It's the same contact on the user requirement but instead of just changing their ability it exchanges their abilities, kinda like a Skill Swap
EDIT: Ninjask'd

Based on the description it's not inverse Mummy like we initially thought. It's the same contact on the user requirement but instead of just changing their ability it exchanges their abilities, kinda like a Skill Swap
EDIT: Ninjask'd
Yeah, that's why I was confused about the Shadow Sneak talk ^^"
Because I had the description in mind.

For the screenshots, I've seen in the battle tower, do we know about their EVs and IVs? I'm sorry if that's already been stated somewhere, but I don't feel like wading through 90 pages.

On another note, I'm sad that Volcarona isn't coming back, I was hoping to enact Godzilla vs Mothra using Dynamax. But that said, I am really looking forward to using Frosmoth. I'm also really happy with the Mint items, as it means I won't need to have loads of Synchronize Pokemon, and if I happen to run across a shiny that has a shit nature, it can still be viable. VGC 2020, here I come!

Also, so glad we finally got an item that stops entry hazard damage.

I mean, the Ability description says:
"The Pokémon exchanges Abilities with a Pokémon that hits it with a move that makes direct contact." (Quote end) :"D
Otherwise, with Shadow Sneak, this thing would be waaay to good. ^^"
It refers to Pkm, therefore your opponent has to hit you with a move that makes direct contact,. Not the other way around, otherwise it would say "...with a Pkm that it hits..."

Ok can we please just turn our attention to the insanity that is Octolock.
The moment you click this move on something passive, it is dead. You sub/protect for a few turns, then use any attack against the wall which is now at -4 or -6. My money is on the octopus getting Drain Punch. On the other hand, you can always click this without repercussions and even grab a nice -1 and a free switch next turn even if the opponent goes into a counter.
What the hell is going on here? Really hope we're just misunderstanding how it works and it ends up being a 3-turn Outrage-like move that drops defenses and leaves this thing vulnerable.
The description makes it seem like it's permanent prevention from fleeing, and not just a 1-turn thing with the Defense and Sp.Def lowering as well each turn. Terrifying, if true. Pex can spam Haze for all I care, if it can't switch out.

The moment you click this move on something passive, it is dead. You sub/protect for a few turns, then use any attack against the wall which is now at -4 or -6. My money is on the octopus getting Drain Punch. On the other hand, you can always click this without repercussions and even grab a nice -1 and a free switch next turn even if the opponent goes into a counter.
What the hell is going on here? Really hope we're just misunderstanding how it works and it ends up being a 3-turn Outrage-like move that drops defenses and leaves this thing vulnerable.
Outside of the move's duration (and the possibility of defenses returning to normal once the effect wears out), there's no misunderstanding. It says it lowers the target's defenses.

That's ridiculous, and something Unaware cannot let you out from.

Against stall that would mean Pex must be alive, Clefable should be alive too, and Corviknight would be forced to run Mirror Armor.

It refers to Pkm, therefore your opponent has to hit you with a move that makes direct contact,. Not the other way around, otherwise it would say "...with a Pkm that it hits..."
That's what I'm talking about.
I thought for the first moment, a few days ago, it could use Shadow Sneak to trigger the effect.
It just confused me people talking about doing this (Shadow Sneak to exchange ability), that's why I asked.

Outside of the move's duration (and the possibility of defenses returning to normal once the effect wears out), there's no misunderstanding. It says it lowers the target's defenses.

That's ridiculous, and something Unaware cannot let you out from.

Against stall that would mean Pex must be alive, Clefable should be alive too, and Corviknight would be forced to run Mirror Armor.
It has atrocious speed, though, so the stallmon still has time to react by applying its passive damage before a sub can be put up -- even if it doesn't get it with Toxic on the switch or when Octolock is used.

This actually means that Limber is a disadvantage on this Pokemon -- if it's paralysed, that makes it absurdly difficult for stall to deal with.

Let's be realistic though, why wouldn't you run Mirror Armor on it anyway, Pressure would be okay for stalling I guess but that'd feel kind of a waste of the potential of the Pokemon.
Watch how the octopus turns into a troll if it actually gets contrary. I mean it has Malamar's signature move, and somehow to revert something is part of its theme?

On another note, its bulk is okay and could be improved with Leftovers and Drain Punch to make its trapping move more effective.

Unlike Decidueye and Dhelmise, even if your move traps a Pkm resistant to its move, say a Fairy or Ghost Pkm, you could actually pressure your opponent with entry hazards because whatever Pkm you send out, it will be probably something that can deal with the trapped Pkm.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Doc updated with all the new info shown so far.

Changelog:

Pincurchin
Cramorant
Cursola
Eldegoss
Coalossal
Obstagoon
Perrserker
Galarian Weezing
Alcremie
Appletun
Zamazenta (Crowned Shield Form)
Grapploct
Dubwool
Greedent
Thievul
Galarian Stunfisk
Boltund

Decorate
Behemoth Bash
Apple Acid
Obstruct
Octolock

Ripen
Mimicry

Be sure to thank Ditto Theorymon and Kris for their help in all this!

Since my question was apparently lost to the thread, I ask again: do we know what ability the gift Charmander has?

Leaker was mistaken. Evolves through Sweet Apple.

The Tart Apple is mentioned by its special move Apple Acid. Probably implies Flapple isn't exclusive?

Applin
Apple Core Pokemon
8"
1.1 lbs
As soon as it's born, it burrows into an apple. Not only does the apple serve as its food source, but the flavor of the fruit determines its evolution.

Appletun
Apple Nectar Pokemon
1'4"
28.7 lbs
Its body is covered in sweet nectar, and the skin on its back is especially yummy. Children used to have it as a snack.

ripen has so many good uses that go beyond healing 50% with a sitrus berry: rowap berry will allow appletun to deal 25% to an opponent if he ever gets hit by a special move, yache berry will guarantee neutral effectiveness when hit by ice moves and by using a roseli berry you‘ll resist fairy type moves. I thought this pokemon would just be a meme pokemon that abuses starf berry to do any damage but it doesn’t really need to deal damage when it can just spam recycle/leech seed/protect to become an unbreakable wall even against fairy types. If this thing catches a fairy on the switch in with leech seed appletun can just recycle roseli and protect till the fairy dies. Of course knock off counters this whole strat but that doesn’t mean appletun will be unviable because of a single move.Overall while appletun does get eaten alive by children, imo it will not get eaten alive by the meta.

There's a very important detail you missed out on. Even if Grapplock faints, you send in your Pursuit pokemon and basically ruin it for free if thry try to escape. Though octoblock does cost at least 1 turn, its be better if its on a passive mon and not set up sweeper like gyrados

There's a very important detail you missed out on. Even if Grapplock faints, you send in your Pursuit pokemon and basically ruin it for free if thry try to escape. Though octoblock does cost at least 1 turn, its be better if its on a passive mon and not set up sweeper like gyrados
It can be useful against offense, too, for the same reasons you stated. Something like Weavile or Scarf Tyranitar (which could turn out to be viable again thanks to the lowered Speed tiers) could take advantage of the defense drops and Pursuit trap them.

Or just use something fast like Dragapult to force what would otherwise be a check out.

Can the leaker tell us what the effects of the other max moves are? We still don't know what dragon, ground, poison, bug, or ghost do.
Which stat increases/drops are not currently accounted for? From there we can probably narrow it down to a few plausible possibilities -- it's exceedingly unlikely that Ground raises special attack, for instance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)