Format Discussion Pokemon Sword & Shield Random Battle Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
[Bisharp's Pressure]

if has 3 moves & (has rapid spin or no rest) & (#stat boosting moves + #normal type attacks + #fighting type attacks = 3) & not scrappy reject moves that can't hit ghost types

if has rapid spin and gets scrappy give scrappy

I'm fine with type null in a general sense since it is an OU reuniclus-esque wincon sometimes and the dubwool set is kind of shit but it's dubwool so what can you do, but there's something uniquely disappointing about like facade / bulk up / drain punch / mach punch conkeldurr as well as bulk up / rapid spin / drain punch / mach punch hitmonchan. I'm sure there's a smarter way to do something like what I wrote that doesn't end up giving you bad sets like (for example) facade / bulk up / mach punch / stone edge conkeldurr or something; just a general idea

hitmontop is a shitty pokemon as it is, I wish it would at least have the ability to spin all of the time with an ability that pretty much allows it to do that

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Venusaur's best set is sleep powder substitute leech seed sludge bomb by far.
i've had venusaur with giga drain instead of sludge bomb tho which means ur completely hardwalled by every grass type and sap sipper mon in existence. if something can be done to prevent that set from existing that'd be tight

also idk if this has been suggested yet but heavy duty boots should be the default item on shedinja. it's simply way better, especially since the lack of defoggers this gen means that if ur opponent has any kind of hazard ur immediately a mon behind

i know randbats doesnt do bans and all but zacian is a complete monstrosity so can something be done about it? maybe make its default sets subpar, like how xerneas often was some shit like av last gen where it couldve been geoxern (which autowon 90% of matchups which is basically what zacian does rn)

breh

強いだね
who has scrappy and can learn rapid spin
I keep associating hitmontop and kanga for some godforsaken reason because they were gen 4 fake outers and that's melded into foresight hitmontop lol, I'm going mad

unfortunately, gf graciously removed foresight to remove its only niche :)

I still stand by removing bullet punch from hitmontop as forcing tech makes it inferior to literally everything else (whereas intimidate cc / rapid spin / sucker / something is ok). tech hitmontop that also has bullet punch is like hitmonchan with all of what makes rands hitmonchan fun removed.

I'm honestly not even sure it wants mach punch (just one of bp or mach punch forces technician) or stone edge (inaccurate and does zero off of hitmontop attack... what does this stop you from losing to? butterfree switching in without having to win the speed tie?). bulk up or literally even protect would be more valuable in a pinch than either of those two moves will often be, and protect especially is nice for a spinner / in general

also why does mr. rime not get screen cleaner? tangled feet is awful

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
Going through in order:
Long Reach rated lower (so Decidueye will get Overgrow more often?)

Screen Cleaner rated higher (FUK TANGLED FEET)

Pikachu: -Substitute, +Iron Tail

Cloyster: -Pin Missile, +Ice Shard (I have literally never seen it get Pin Missile??)

Gengar-G: -Encore, +Taunt

Steelix: -Rock Slide, Iron Head, +Head Smash, Heavy Slam (I don't think Steelix will get Life Orb anymore? Hail leftovers)

Hitmontop: -Bullet Punch (!!)

Mr. Mime: -Encore

Mr. Rime: -Nasty Plot, +Trick (I'm too lazy to check if this now gets choice scarf or it's only specs but I'm very much not looking forward to getting this with trick)

Gyarados: -Stone Edge, +Bounce (!!!)

Mantine: -Air Slash, Mirror Coat, Tailwind, +Hurricane, Ice Beam

Malamar: -Trick Room, +Substitute (thank god TR is gone, I think substitute is bad though as restalk wins against most mons this would be relevant against anyway and malamar kind of doesn't have the stats to be using it)

Type: Null: -U-turn, +Payback

Kommo-O: +Aura Sphere

Necrozma (Dawn Wings): -Trick Room, +Autotomize (thank god TR is gone)

Thievul: -U-turn, Taunt, +Foul Play, Parting Shot

Appletun: -Substitute, +Dragon Pulse

Grimmsnarl: Rest / Sleep Talk / Bulk Up / Spirit Break (did not exist before)

Grimmsnarl-G: -Taunt, +Substitute, Sucker Punch, Trick (due to edits later this can now spawn with 2 atk + sucker + trick + (CB?))

Arctovish: -Super Fang, +Psychic Fangs

Sucker Punch does not force rejection of Trick (apparently just for Grimmsnarl?)

Foul Play is no longer rejected if the Pokemon has setup moves, more than 2 Dark-type moves, Clear Smog, Rest + Sleep Talk, or if the number of damaging moves was 1 more than the number of priority moves (I am genuinely not sure what the last bit was for or if I'm interpreting it right; I guess this is removed to stop new Rapid Spin from rejecting it?)

Haze, Obstruct, and Spikes are no longer rejected if the Pokemon has setup moves or Trick Room (same thing to stop Rapid Spin rejecting Spikes? What were Haze and Obstruct doing there ?_?)

Parting Shot is now rejected if the Pokemon has U-turn or setup moves.

Payback is now rejected if the Pokemon has Rest + Sleep Talk (tfw no restalk SD payback type null)

Rapid Spin is now rejected if the Pokemon has Nasty Plot (this is only for Galarian Mr. Mime?)

U-turn is no longer rejected if the Pokemon has speed setup moves. (Rapid Spin / U-turn?)

Dark Pulse is no longer rejected if the user has Crunch or Hyperspace Fury. It is rejected if the Pokemon is not Dark-type and has status moves (I think this means that Dark Pulse no longer pops up on CM Hatterene)

Foul Play is now rejected if the Pokemon has Dark Pulse or physical / special setup moves (I think this is for Persian / Liepard?)

Dragon Pulse is no longer rejected if the Pokemon has Draco Meteor or if the Pokemon has Dragon Tail and no physical or special setup moves. (this is good in a general sense for fast pokemon with dmeteor but won't it lead to awkward sets like double dragon appletun)

Ice Beam is now also rejected if the Pokemon has no STAB moves and has Recover in its movepool. (...for Mewtwo? Milotic?)

Ice Shard is now rejected if the Pokemon has Hydro Pump

Pain Split, Recover, Roost, and Synthesis are no longer rejected if the Pokemon has Leech Seed.

Substitute is no longer rejected if the Pokemon has Clangorous Soul, Draco Meteor, Taunt, or Whirlwind. It is now rejected if the Pokemon has Rest + Sleep Talk.

[some giant block I'm too tired to read lol]

Dragon Tail / Circle Throw are no longer rejected if the Pokemon has Roar, Whirlwind, or Rain Dance

Night Shade, Seismic Toss, and Super Fang are no longer rejected if the Pokemon has more than one damaging move or had physical / special setup moves.

Protect is no longer rejected if the Pokemon has physical / special setup moves and doesn't have Wish or if the Pokemon has Rest or dual screens.

Volt Switch is no longer rejected if the Pokemon has U-turn

Night Slash is no longer rejected if the Pokemon has Knock Off

Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Drain Punch, Close Combat, and High Jump Kick no longer have some restrictions on how they can appear relative to one another

Fire Blast / Lava Plume / Overheat no longer have restrictions on showing up with one another

Giga Drain / Leaf Blade are no longer rejected if the Pokemon has various Grass-type moves

Solarbeam is no longer rejected under various conditions

Earth Power is no longer rejected with Earthquake

Extreme Speed is no longer rejected with Vacuum Wave

Bullet Punch no longer has restrictions on showing up

Sunny Day is no longer rejected under various conditions

If the Pokemon has Switcheroo or Trick, Choice Scarf is now rejected if the Pokemon also has priority moves.

Choice Band and Choice Scarf are no longer rejected if the Pokemon has Dragon Tail, but are rejected if it has Bulldoze.

Choice Specs can now be not rejected if the Pokemon has 3 special attacks and Parting Shot.

Weakness Policy can now be not rejected if the Pokemon is Necrozma Dusk-Mane with physical / special setup moves.

Heavy Duty Boots can now be not rejected if the user has both Rapid Spin and Screen Cleaner.

Glalie, Gothitelle, Octillery, and Wobbuffet are now level 78.

Delibird is now level 100.

Thanks for the chunk of changes. Hoping errors I made in interpreting this weren't egregious.

Maybe there should still be a restriction on dragon pulse appearing with dmeteor (and vice versa) provided that the pokemon isn't a very strong attacker or is very slow or some combo of both (double dragon appletun can happen now I think; arbitrarily, SpA<110&Spe<80 would remove this)

I really think Type:Null shouldn't be level 90. I know it can't hit ghosts, but the things hits like a ridiculous truck (SD set) while being almost unkillable unless you have something that can set up AND take 3 +2 crush claws.

Also feel like Fluffy is better than Bulletproof on Dubwool, or at least equal (I know bulletproof allows it to wall the special fighting type moves).

I really think you should not give gothitelle the cosmic power set. It can sweep whole teams, which can make it quite op. In the replay i show i got crushed till Gothille 6-0 his team. It got even past Umbreon.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1036311082
Instead i suggest a choice scarf/choice specs set with Psychic/Thunderbolt/Dark pulse/Shadow ball/Energyball/Trick as move options (and make it so that Dark pulse and shadow ball cant be in the moveset together). That way it can still trap and revenge kill Pokemons, but it couldnt sweep whole teams.
I also think Glalie shouldnt be able to have both Protect and Substitute in the same set so it cant sweep Teams aswell.

Last edited:
Along with some suggestions previously mentioned

- Get rid of Solar Power Focus Sash Charizard generated in the lead spot. Solar Power has absolutely zero synergy with said ability. If it must really stay, change it to blaze so that it can actually abuse sait item.
- ABSOLUTELY get rid of Dragon Dance Steelix. It needs way too many boosts to do anything of note except against the slowest meta.
- Can we get rid of Moody please? So many unearned victories and unearned defeats just because you have absolutely no way to break past the extremely powerful set of Substitute + Protect + Disable Glalie gets.
- Autotomize Vanilluxe gets Freeze Dry/Blizzard, fine, why does it get flash cannon and explosion? It has absolutely no coverage with said set, and you're even killing yourself.
- Bellosom with Moonblast/three grass moves does absolutely nothing of note, except the times it can get off a sleep.
- Choice Scarf Bewear? Really?
- Weak mons should really get setup moves or support moves prioritized. Can't say how many times I have gotten a Seaking with 4 attacking moves, no Swords Dance and a Focus Sash (when leading) or a Expert Belt.
-Dhelmise really needs some priority on Choice Band sets
- Toxic on Accelgor is... huh.
- Wishiwashi has no business with two water moves in the same set. I can't really find a good reason for it to have scald, instead of more coverage.
- I'm curious about the attack investments of mons like Dugtrio and Golurk. What should be some really damaging attacks, at times fall short of a kill when a 252 atk set by all means should be able to get the KO.
- G-Weezing definitely needs strange steam on its moveset - and for that matter, give us back Levitate! I can't say how many times I would have appreciated more the ground immunity than the (I will give it that much) sometimes useful Neutralizing Gas.
- Dragon Dance Flygon with Earthquake and Fire Punch is really redundant coverage. Maybe give it Iron Tail for fairies? Stone Edge against fliers that don't care about Outrage? Dragon Claw? About the only thing that this set hits is Bronzong and Corviknight, that can still give trouble to Flygon unless it has already accumulated enough Dragon Dances.
- If Umbreon REALLY REALLY needs to be a thing in random battles and not be dead weight in all the sense of the world, at least give it Yawn over Taunt so it can actually try to stall out things with Foul Play.
- Wobbuffet really needs that Custap Berry.
- Sandaconda isn't hitting anything with Body Press that it doesn't already Earthquake to death.

and lastly, my most important suggestion/peeve
- - a team having 3 sleepers/3 setup sweepers/3 ubers screams "unbalanced" to me. Just today I got Mewtwo, Marshadow, Dawn Wings Necrozma, and Zeraora on the same team. The poor guy didn't stand a chance. I think this is probably one of the biggest issues, getting some kind of "balanced" team. Maybe prevent people from getting more than 2 ubers? Same for Spore/Sleep Powder. If the opposing team has 2 or god forbid, 3 users of the move, you're boned. It may be "balanced" given that most users are bug types and grass types, but in my opinion dying to sleep spam is the epitome of "not fun".
- the same goes for teams that share all the same crippling weakness except for maybe a single mon. Team is all weak to fighting? say bye bye if Terrakion gets off a swords dance. team is all weak to psychic? say bye bye if they get a Mewtwo. My suggestion to fix this (aside from programming the teams to not share all the same weakness) is probably give more priority moves to mons that have them available, so the team has at least a fighting chance against those setup sweepers.

Thank you for your hard work!

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
- ABSOLUTELY get rid of Dragon Dance Steelix. It needs way too many boosts to do anything of note except against the slowest meta.
We tried to get rid of it and TI doesn't want to. At least it's always leftovers and sturdy now.
Can we get rid of Moody please? So many unearned victories and unearned defeats just because you have absolutely no way to break past the extremely powerful set of Substitute + Protect + Disable Glalie gets.
No, stop posting about it for now.

- Autotomize Vanilluxe gets Freeze Dry/Blizzard, fine, why does it get flash cannon and explosion? It has absolutely no coverage with said set, and you're even killing yourself.
What coverage are you expecting? Flash cannon hits ice types, explosion is for heavy last-resort damage versus Fire-types (and just in general) off vanilluxe's good Attack, and freeze-dry hits waters. It doesn't get anything for steels. Hidden power is gone. It's not changing.

- Bellosom with Moonblast/three grass moves does absolutely nothing of note, except the times it can get off a sleep.
It would be very hard to find a move rejection condition to fix this that wouldn't mess with whimsicott or shiinotic as well, and that's the only way that could be fixed. It's not likely to change but thats not a hard no. I'll see what I can find.
Choice Scarf Bewear? Really?
Yes, any Pokemon at or over base 60 speed with at least 100 in an attacking stay can get choice scarf with four attacks. This includes Bewear, this includes Primarina, this includes Sylveon. This benchmark's been used for a good while now so it's not likely to change. Scarf Bewear is pretty nice now with its new moves, anyway.

Weak mons should really get setup moves or support moves prioritized. Can't say how many times I have gotten a Seaking with 4 attacking moves, no Swords Dance and a Focus Sash (when leading) or a Expert Belt
Not feasible from a coding standpoint and this would definitely mess with stuff like noctowl, which doesn't always want nasty plot.

Dhelmise really needs some priority on Choice Band sets
It doesn't learn any prio moves lol it's staying as is

Toxic on Accelgor is... huh
I mean, not many mons get toxic anymore. It's a valuable niche.
Wishiwashi has no business with two water moves in the same set. I can't really find a good reason for it to have scald, instead of more coverage.
Needs to be able to roll both at once in order to get specs. Not changing.
I'm curious about the attack investments of mons like Dugtrio and Golurk. What should be some really damaging attacks, at times fall short of a kill when a 252 atk set by all means should be able to get the KO.
All Pokemon in randbats have 85 evs in every stat with a neutral nature. This will not be changed.
Dragon Dance Flygon with Earthquake and Fire Punch is really redundant coverage. Maybe give it Iron Tail for fairies? Stone Edge against fliers that don't care about Outrage? Dragon Claw? About the only thing that this set hits is Bronzong and Corviknight, that can still give trouble to Flygon unless it has already accumulated enough Dragon Dances.
Dragon claw is weak and stone edge only hits Togekiss, really. There's merit to iron tail potentially, but hitting ferrothorn/corviknight/bronzong/whimsicott/shiinotic accurately is pretty decent still, and removing it altogether is a no because that removes choice band/scarf flygon.

Wobbuffet really needs that Custap Berry.
discussed this with TI earlier and apparently this is the one gen where he doesn't want to release custap early in rands for some reason?? Dunno.
and lastly, my most important suggestion/peeve
There's already going to be a 2-per-tier limit in place, but most Pokemon are UU right now so wait for the tiers to fill out please. None of those mons you listed are Ubers right now, or even released in the game. They're all unreleased. There will be no limit on setup sweepers or sleep inducers. There will likely not be further team cohesion measures. We're also not slapping Quick Attack on random things.

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
to be fair wrt above might as well make obvious uber mons uber for now even if they're not released for the sake of balance. for the purpose of this gen where you can dynamax everything (and almost all uber mons are very good dynamaxed) it's worth considering only allowing one per team even

FREE CUSTAP

dd steelix is also all right against the right team. at +2 because everything in rands is so slow you can often get away with just that speed alone. even without setting up it's essentially a normal steelix without stealth rock, which is not all that bad by any stretch.

and that fucking bellossom set has swept me twice. sometimes you are put into a position such that your team is sufficiently anemic that you cannot kill it without it setting up QDs and sweeping. it is absolutely infuriating and unironically a good set. strength sap on literally anything makes it viable to some extent.

is there a reason that inteleon gets sniper? specs torrent scald is nice. sniper is a meme ability that should be rejected without high crit moves

also focus blast ludicolo is consistently the most disappointing pokemon you will ever encounter and I don't know why this is in its movepool

Last edited:
This gen is different in that Pokémon are deleted, moves are deleted, etc... We don’t know if Custap will even be released. It’s more consistent to follow what’s limited to Galar, as we currently do with even movesets despite knowing PokeHome is coming soon. So no, Custap will not be freed unless it is freed in SwSh.

If anything, at least get rid of Explosion + Autotomize in the same set. I know it may allow Vanilluxe to get one last "hurrah" against the opposing teams, but IMO, it runs contraproducent to trying to setup in the first place. Give it Substitute, maybe, this way you can hit something and run away instead of killing yourself, or hell, in the Explosion set allow Vanilluxe to rack up damage with Hail + ice attack so Explosion kills mons it may not kill beforehand.

I'm not talking about slapping Quick Attack in everything, really, more like giving a high priority to mons that get STAB priority off their higher attack stat or can actually work with it (meaning Gourgeist always gets Shadow Sneak, Gallade same, Toxicroak with Sucker Punch, etc).

Thank you for paying attention to some of my suggestions at least.

and that fucking bellossom set has swept me twice. sometimes you are put into a position such that your team is sufficiently anemic that you cannot kill it without it setting up QDs and sweeping. it is absolutely infuriating and unironically a good set. strength sap on literally anything makes it viable to some extent.

is there a reason that inteleon gets sniper? specs torrent scald is nice. sniper is a meme ability that should be rejected without high crit moves
Quiver Dance Bellosom is strong, but Quiver Dance is a bug move, lol, the moveset I'm referring to is Moonblast/Giga Drain/Strength Sap/Leech Seed and the times it also gets Sleep Powder. Also agree with Sniper Inteleon, at least change Scald to Sniper Shot, or change Specs Inteleon to Torrent. Focus Energy with Sniper Shot/Air Slash/Ice Beam should really be a set IMO. I will argue for Life Orb Swift Swim Ludicolo, focus blast certainly ruins the day of Tyranitars looking to cut short your sweep, and unless your Ludicolo also gets Grass Knot (never has for me) it also damages Gigalith much more.

Sets1.png

No Spikes or Thunder Wave? I mean Destiny Bond is cool, but...

Sets2.png

Can Hitmonchan please be guarenteed to get a non-Normal/Fighting move to not be walled by ghosts?

It would be very hard to find a move rejection condition to fix this that wouldn't mess with whimsicott or shiinotic as well, and that's the only way that could be fixed. It's not likely to change but thats not a hard no. I'll see what I can find.
The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that both cott and shroom are part-fairy, and bellossom is not. Maybe that could be a factor in the rejection condition? It's just a matter of what sets even work well on Bellossom now in the first place, now that it's lost hidden power...

breh

強いだね
The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that both cott and shroom are part-fairy, and bellossom is not. Maybe that could be a factor in the rejection condition? It's just a matter of what sets even work well on Bellossom now in the first place, now that it's lost hidden power...
1) just remove leech seed from bellossom; it's got more dangerous shit to be doing than that anyway and it doesn't get sub or naturally high(er) speed

2) reject nonSTAB moonblast if the user has no special setup moves and is not psychic type (thus musharna can still get it as a pokemon weak to dark; if you want to be less hard codey about it make it user is weak to [dark or fight or dragon] I guess?)

It's starting to become really apparent that half the sets of grass types are leech seed/powder move/status move and energy ball/giga drain. This is horrible lol.

breh

強いだね
Opponent got Alcremie @ Life Orb with Psychic / Mystical Fire / Dazzling Gleam / Recover

Even ignoring that this is a bad set by itself due to lack of calm mind, the move BP that alcremie is spamming is nowhere near high enough to make LO ok. Not sure how to fix it but this is just because it's not bulky enough and too fast for normal conditions to take.

wish / shadow ball / mystical fire / psyshock sylveon @ leftovers

some LO galarian weezing set I don't fully recall but to the effect of sludge bomb / tspikes / fire blast / strange steam

Last edited:

RSB

Dreaming of a shore bordering another world
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Opponent got Alcremie @ Life Orb with Psychic / Mystical Fire / Dazzling Gleam / Recover

Even ignoring that this is a bad set by itself due to lack of calm mind, the move BP that alcremie is spamming is nowhere near high enough to make LO ok. Not sure how to fix it but this is just because it's not bulky enough and too fast for normal conditions to take.

wish / shadow ball / mystical fire / psyshock sylveon @ leftovers

some LO galarian weezing set I don't fully recall but to the effect of sludge bomb / tspikes / fire blast / strange steam
Three attack sets result in LO being rolled and changing that would affect other mons that actually do want LO with three attack sets like SD Terrakion and such. Changing each of these sets is also unlikely due to each mon needing each coverage move.

Changing each of these sets is also unlikely due to each mon needing each coverage move.
What does Sylveon need Shadow Ball for? I don't see why it couldn't be removed to reduce the chances of Sylveon lacking STAB.

EDIT: So that this post have more in it, why not use the G-max Corviknight slot to represent a primarily defensive set instead of a Bulk Up set? the moves I am thinking of for it are Brave Bird, U-Turn, Taunt, Roost, and Defog.

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
Three attack sets result in LO being rolled and changing that would affect other mons that actually do want LO with three attack sets like SD Terrakion and such. Changing each of these sets is also unlikely due to each mon needing each coverage move.
-110 or less max (SpA, Atk) & less than 70 Spe makes a bad LO user even with current restrictions
-add exceptions if the Pokemon has 4 attacks
-add exceptions if the Pokemon has 3 attacks and a setup move (that isn't a defense boosting move? specifically cm?)
-add exceptions if the Pokemon has a weather ability

as it currently is, there's a bulk cutoff for LO as well as a speed cutoff:

JavaScript:
else if (counter.damagingMoves.length >= 3 && ability !== 'Sturdy' && !hasMove['coil'] && !hasMove['dragontail'] && !hasMove['foulplay'] && !hasMove['rapidspin'] && !hasMove['uturn']) {
            if (!!counter['speedsetup'] || hasMove['trickroom'] || template.baseStats.spe > 40 && template.baseStats.hp + template.baseStats.def + template.baseStats.spd < 275) item = 'Life Orb';

I don't think it's unwise to implement an attack cutoff, ideally factoring in move BP simultaneously, or an attack cutoff paired with a speed cutoff. arbitrarily, max(attack, special attack) < 111 and speed < 70.

Pokemon that would fall into this category (I got lazy and searched for mons with attacking stats between 110 and 90 + speed between 70 and 40):

Abomasnow: will roll assault vest or light clay
Arctozolt: will always roll assault vest due to freeze dry
Barbaracle: will always get cb or white herb
Crustle: will always get heavy duty boots or white herb
Dusknoir: will always get leftovers I think
Gourgeist-Large: will always get leftovers
Gourgeist-Super: will always get leftovers
Heatmor: will get LO; will get it or leftovers if it rolls substitute at all so this is only pertinent to 4 attacks
Octillery: will always get leftovers
Perrserker: will get LO I think
Seaking: will get LO
Trevenant: will get LO when it rolls tr (otherwise would not)

Alcremie: will roll LO
Clefable: will roll LO, but not from this line of code (has magic guard)
Flareon: will roll toxic orb
Gothitelle: will roll scarf
Maractus: will roll leftovers
Pelipper: will roll life orb I think?
Sylveon: will always get leftovers
Vaporeon: will always get leftovers
Vileplume: will always get leftovers

relevant ones that will afaik actually get LO due to the above line and were caught in my search:

Heatmor (4 attacks only)
Perrserker
Seaking (when this rolls SD)
Trevenant (if you put the rejection condition before the tr bit it will reject LO, not sure how to fix... tr is bad anyway so ymmv lol)
Alcremie
Pelipper

notably:

LO 4 attacks is ok, could probably just be added somewhere in that line
LO 3 attacks + [setup move] is ok, could probably just be added somewhere in that line, although you will also get questionable sets like LO cm alcremie (also bad, but admittedly less bad than LO recover); maybe like LO 3 attacks + [setup move] + ![defense setup move] or even !calm mind if you're willing to specifically remove coil above
Weather abilities + LO are ok (there's another line earlier on that gives LO if the pokemon has weather moves; an equivalent line before this life orb line for weather abilities wouldn't change things much for pelipper)

~~

I hope it's clear that sylveon without STAB is a bad set and I'm actually not sure how that happened if not just an oddity with how hyper voice is treated as not technically a STAB move since abilities come after moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)