Format Discussion Pokemon Sword & Shield Random Battle Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
calm mind zeraora with aura sphere, tbolt and taunt, life orb as the item

Reasoning would be zeraoras good special attack stat and decent special coverage, mixed could also work being able to hit multiple things

even if full special doesn’t work i think more special moves on AV could work, like sometimes having aura sphere over CC to hit things like steelix harder

Last edited by a moderator:
calm mind zeraora with aura sphere, tbolt and taunt, life orb as the item

Reasoning would be zeraoras good special attack stat and decent special coverage, mixed could also work being able to hit multiple things

even if full special doesn’t work i think more special moves on AV could work, like sometimes having aura sphere over CC to hit things like steelix harder
I like the idea of aura sphere with AV, maybe even focus blast... Though the latter is, well... focus blast.

Don't like the idea of a calm mind set at all, though.
- First, because Plasma Fist is far superior to Thunderbolt due to its higher base power combined with a higher ATK stat than SPATK, and also due to its synergy with Volt Absorb - sure, there's no 10% chance to paralyze, but that's what it is, a 10% chance.
- Second, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot and Aura Sphere/Focus Blast are really its only viable special moves, hence why you suggested Taunt I assume. On the physical side, it gets Close Combat (better than the special fighting moves besides against the bulky stuff), Play Rough and Knock Off, the latter which provides insane utility, to go along with Plasma Fist. Zeraora being a (really) fast revenge killer or set-up sweeper, I think the increased coverage from the physical set is much better, overall.

One suggestion I'd like to suggest for it, though : Add Blaze Kick to its physical move pool! I wouldn't replace Play Rough with it though, as I feel it remains important to check the dancing dragons like Zekrom (which needs 2 boosts to outspeed Zeraora). Blaze Kick would allow it to perform much better against several bulky grass types, though that's just me.

I feel like this scizor set's very suboptimal, not really a fan of U-turn + SD with the only sweeping option of using dyna to not switch out or repeatedly using knock off.
this allows scizor to chip passive walls enough while uturning to an offensive threat that could use it, scizor has had uturn curse sets but with bullet punch instead of knock
or threatening a switchin who is slower with a +2 uturn, tho beter for mega drill
or as you say dynamax

All the unused code was removed in the transition to gen 8 as Pokemon were not available in Galar and we didn't know DLCs would come. These will be fixed as we become aware. Such as: Rock Head Relicanth / Sitrus Berry Exeggutor / Bullet Punch Scizor, these will be in the next update.

- zen mode galarian darm shouldn't be choice band, since when you switch out you lose zen mode and you're back to reg darm which is inferior to gorilla tactics. change it to something like sub/belly drum/ice punch/fire punch @ salac or smth, basically eiscue with fire type. it's a gimmick but at least give it the one set gorilla darm can't run.
gonna re push this but prob ebelt/lo darm as well as berry bdrum

All the unused code was removed in the transition to gen 8 as Pokemon were not available in Galar and we didn't know DLCs would come. These will be fixed as we become aware. Such as: Rock Head Relicanth / Sitrus Berry Exeggutor / Bullet Punch Scizor, these will be in the next update.
Good to know, was about to post nearly losing a match due to my Exeggutor having leftovers with harvest. :)

With Fish now being Uber, and therefore level 72, it is now "awfully" slow (there's a lot of good Pokémon in the 150-165 speed range - anything with above 65/63/61/59/57 base speed and below 75/72/70/68/65 for level 80/82/84/86/88 pokémon - Alcremie, Bisharp, Sirfetch'd, Glalie, Metagross, Corviknight, Centiskorch, Seismitoad, Barbaracle and Type:Cancer to name a few). I feel Scarf should be an option for it now, while also keeping Band obviously. Similar to Dracozolt, basically.

Last edited:
I got a Starmie with Analytic and Recover. I feel it should always have Natural Cure due to its speed and due to being a decent staller on the special side with toxic/recover. :blobshrug:

bad archeops.PNG

I encountered this set in random battles, and as my lead. I feel like non-sash taunt endeavor archeops is objectively bad.

I know locking mons into 4 moves is disliked, but Kyogre is much worse as a calm mind user than as scarf Water Spout. Scarf Water Spout has issues, particularly being weak to entry hazards, but even at +1 Surf does less than full health WS. Not to mention, at level 72 Kyogre's physical bulk isn't that good, and with its current speed CM sets aren't too difficult to take out. Scarf Spout gives it speed and power, allowing it to revenge kill weakened threats and wipe out frail threats with Water Spout. Surf can be used if it's sent out with low HP.
Imo, it would be better if it were locked into 4 moves and scarf.

So how many other "leaks" does he think are absolutely true? Because he might as well put the mons from those leaks too if this is were we're at.
That information was obtained via dataming the game. It’s not a random 4chan leak.

But this information is based on internal data, which could be changed last-minute.
Random Battle can be changed as well.

That information was obtained via dataming the game. It’s not a random 4chan leak.

Random Battle can be changed as well.
I'd even add that the previous leaks of the sort have proven to be extremely accurate for IoA, and the stuff that changed were mostly additions. GF is not going to change a bunch of stuff simply because the information leaked (as as been proven multiple times over the past several years).

I think most people here (and in randbats in general) appreciate that you added the leaked returning Pokémon. More Pokémon, more fun. :)

That information was obtained via dataming the game.
Even then, there's no certainty regarding this information, and all I see now is mons being added in based on one's hypothesis
I'd even add that the previous leaks of the sort have proven to be extremely accurate for IoA
Even if it may have some credibility, there's still a chance someone messed up and maybe things like Hoenn starters actually weren't planned.
GF is not going to change a bunch of stuff simply because the information leaked
I never said that? I was only saying a last-minute change was possible. I also doubt they would change anything based on leaked info.

Even then, there's no certainty regarding this information, and all I see now is mons being added in based on one's hypothesis

Even if it may have some credibility, there's still a chance someone messed up and maybe things like Hoenn starters actually weren't planned.

I never said that? I was only saying a last-minute change was possible. I also doubt they would change anything based on leaked info.
And? Random Battle is a fun format to play with all Pokémon in a sort of even playing field that can’t be attained in any real tier. All Pokémon should be usable, frankly. But it is a lot more interesting to phase the releases according to the DLCs. Being able to play with DLC2 Pokémon months in advance is quite neat and I don’t know what you’re trying to argue. Any Pokémon we desire can be added to random battle regardless of leaks and datamines. If you have some sort of problem playing with Pokémon that are not currently legal in the game, fine, a Battle Factory format containing completely legal sets is being worked on will be available for your enjoyment in the near future. In the meantime, I advice you stop arguing in this thread as that is not its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)