Format Discussion Pokemon Sword & Shield Random Battle Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove Grassy Seed from Rillaboom/Rillaboom-Gmax if Rillaboom is lead. Rationale: No other pokemon that I know have a consumable that is used right when its put on battle. As lead, the chance of enemy having a counter is high and so you'll often be forced back and have a itemless pokemon for the rest of game without the enemy actually having to force it (Knock Off/Trick/Pickpocket/etc).
the better solution might be to add acrobatics + grassy seed
also flying move because flying move op

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.36.25 PM.png

Here is an "interesting" set I got a couple days ago in Gen 8 Randoms. I also had a Kyogre on my team, so maybe that's why Hurricane appeared.

Could Dual Wingbeat be added to Talonflame's moveset? Along with Boots, it lets you preserve Gale Wings better than Brave Bird + Roost does imo

duck

duck
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
can we force not leftovers on sharpedo?
Leftovers sharpedo is really bad and remember me of like a reverse life orb quagsire in old gens. Sash lead and life orb are cool, even band but leftovers misses a lot of power it desperately needs.
Example calc
Lvl 82 84 Atk Sharpedo Close Combat vs. Lvl 86 84 HP / 84 Def Aggron: 192-228 (73.5 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I understand it's aggron and it's not stab but still weak

Leftovers sharpedo is really bad and remember me of like a reverse life orb quagsire in old gens. Sash lead and life orb are cool, even band but leftovers misses a lot of power it desperately needs.
Example calc
Lvl 82 84 Atk Sharpedo Close Combat vs. Lvl 86 84 HP / 84 Def Aggron: 192-228 (73.5 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hi, thanks for your inquiry.

I definitely understand your concern and many people stated concerns regarding Leftovers Sharpedo as it is very suboptimal.
Unfortunately, this will not change because it requires a lot of work in terms of coding and not entirely feasible to change. Leftovers Sharpedo will unfortunately remain.

If The Immortal or Cake finds this, they can elaborate further but that's pretty much the summary as to why it won't be changed.

Example calc
Hi, thanks for your inquiry.

I definitely understand your concern and many people stated concerns regarding Leftovers Sharpedo as it is very suboptimal.
Unfortunately, this will not change because it requires a lot of work in terms of coding and not entirely feasible to change. Leftovers Sharpedo will unfortunately remain.

If The Immortal or Cake finds this, they can elaborate further but that's pretty much the summary as to why it won't be changed.
Forcing Life Orb on Speed Boost would affect other mons such as Blaziken and Scolipede, which don't necessarily prefer Life Orb. The coding standards for Random Battle means that it won't be directly forced on Sharpedo.

Sash generation is getting too flawed for my liking. From Pincurchin (which others argued has its uses), to Shiinotic, and now to Defog Shiftry. This is, IMO, the last straw for me. Being forced out turn 1 and then trying to use Defog for its intended used means you will be inevitably making your item slot useless. Either prevent the generation of Focus Sash in mons that have Defog like you did for recoil moves/abilities, or just overhaul the entire thing so that mons with these moves (for Defog Shiftry) or stat distribution (for Shiinotic) stop wasting their item slot.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Sash generation is getting too flawed for my liking. From Pincurchin (which others argued has its uses), to Shiinotic, and now to Defog Shiftry. This is, IMO, the last straw for me. Being forced out turn 1 and then trying to use Defog for its intended used means you will be inevitably making your item slot useless. Either prevent the generation of Focus Sash in mons that have Defog like you did for recoil moves/abilities, or just overhaul the entire thing so that mons with these moves (for Defog Shiftry) or stat distribution (for Shiinotic) stop wasting their item slot.
The stat qualifiers for focus sash are on the radar for a change, but this is very low priority (and may not happen soon, as a result) due to the sheer complexity of the issue. Preventing Sash with Defog/Spin is certainly something more concrete that can be done soon as a first step, but that's up to the developer.

The stat qualifiers for focus sash are on the radar for a change, but this is very low priority (and may not happen soon, as a result) due to the sheer complexity of the issue. Preventing Sash with Defog/Spin is certainly something more concrete that can be done soon as a first step, but that's up to the developer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Excadrill roll Sash? Sash/Rapid Spin is a useful combo because you can often get a KO *and* another big hit in before going down thanks to the speed boost, so I don't think that should be automatically disqualified.

Will o wisp should not be given on shell smash turt sets, it makes no sense having a setup sweeper have a random status move when another offensive move fits better

Will o wisp should not be given on shell smash turt sets, it makes no sense having a setup sweeper have a random status move when another offensive move fits better
Sorry, this will not change. Will-o-Wisp + Shell Smash Turtonator was deemed viable enough by many people, including the developer himself.

I don't personally dislike it. It may cost a coverage move, but it's often unexpected and has won many matchups in my experience. It shuts down physical threats, minimizing damage input in the process of trying to sweep the opposing team.

Will-O-Wisp is perfectly fine and will not be removed. You can't hit everything even with another offensive move and WOW let's you get off a burn to help your teammates.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
I don't see how you can say wisp is better than eq on shell smash sets, you just get walled by carbing diancie heatran pex tenta, and vs the latter two you just drop your spa and now you're doing nothing. wisp is so much worse and simply situational, specially with the damage nerf it got in the previous gen

wisp would make sense without shell smash, and you have dtail body press etc too then which are fine, but wisp+shell smash is just bad

Sap Sipper Azumarill is horrible and does nothing 99% of the time. Bring back Huge Power please, either Belly Drum or AV to differentiate it from the other CB Water-types.

I see that this was addressed here but let it be known that I totally disagree with The Immortal here
I think sap sipper would be fine if they didn’t get rid of perish song, without perish song the mon does absolutly nothing vs a lot of walls

I think sap sipper would be fine if they didn’t get rid of perish song, without perish song the mon does absolutly nothing vs a lot of walls
I agree. Without perish song it does nothing but spam toxic with whirlpool. even though it could possibly prove a useful set, whirlpool and toxic isn't always gonna win you a battle. At least perish song hits everything.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The current Dunsparce set tries to straddle the middle and as a result is good at nothing and bad at everything. It is: Body Slam, Coil, Rock Slide, Roost.

Suggest doubling down on the Serene Grace hax with either recovery or the ability to paralyze. Suggest using the following set instead: Coil, Headbutt, Rock Slide, Roost OR Coil, Headbutt, Rock Slide, Body Slam. Prefer the second set as when the hell is it ever gonna survive enough to roost?

Dunsparce is already a joke, but without Headbutt it's just dead weight.

Also Hitmontop without Triple Axle is sad.

Or just give it Glare back. This way it wasn't entirely dead weight aside from maybe setting up rocks, getting the para to start to flinch crap is literally a coin flip.

I think there should be an electro ball set for regieleki, maybe...magnet item/electro ball/twave/electroweb/agility or something? it seems like a trolly set that could still be enourmously fun

Regarding Regieleki, I feel rapid spin would be a valuable add to its moveset, and maybe even screen support thanks to its speed, instead of something like substitute. Or, despite the recoil, maybe have Wild Charge over t-bolt to have physical STAB coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)