Pokemon Type Coverage (Excel Sheet) - NEW! Version 2.2 using December Stats!

This may be a bad question; if it is, I apologize. Anyway, I have OpenOffice and it seems to be only opening this with "Microsoft Excel Viewer," so I can't edit anything, i.e. I can't input stats/moves. How do I get around this? Do I need special unzipping software (I have a feeling that's a really stupid question) or something else? I can't foretell getting the actual Microsoft Excel anytime soon, and I don't have the power or money to do so, either.

It's just a .zip file. 7-Zip or WinRAR should be able to open/extract it with no problem.

Once you extract it, you end up with a .xls file that OpenOffice should have no trouble opening--at least I have no trouble opening it with 3.0.

AWESOME! Now that I figured out how to get it to work...
I had to copy and paste, since I can only view Excel Spreadsheets with my program (I can't edit). Then, I had to fix all of the "$#REF!" errors. To do that, I had to figure out how you made this, X-Act.
Once I did figure it all out (the thing that perplexed me at first was the VLOOKUP command), I found out how awesome this thing is. You really know how to work spreadsheets! Yeah, I'm more impressed by the spreadsheet itself, but it really is awesome (that's the 3rd time I've used that word in this post, but it is fitting), and it helped me learn to use spreadsheets a lot better. It wouldn't be quite so useful to me, since I like to play defensively (not quite stall, but rather my own mixture), but it is nice all the same.
Thanks a bunch! And awesome (there's #4) work and awesome (there's #5) effort!

One question: is it possible to make a drop-down menu? How would you do it (i.e. what command), since it doesn't have that for me?

EDIT: Ah, I found it. Look here for OpenOffice and here for Excel.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After receiving further feedback, I implemented Tyranitar's Sand Stream, Lati@s' Soul Dew and Clamperl's DeepSeaScale Special Defense boosts in the latest 1.2.2 version.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've implemented Version 2.0 of this sheet. Now, besides the average damage dealt, you can also see the 9 Pokemon that take the least amount of damage from your moveset.

For example, here's which Pokemon take the least damage from the MixMence set:

Seems like Heatproof Bronzong is the best switch-in to MixMence, then.

Simply redownload the ZIP file for this latest version.

By the way, it still uses October's stats. I'll update it with December's stats once they are released.

X-Act

I implemented lots of new moves, including those mentioned by Deck Knight and oldsteel12.

Can't believe I only just discovered this. X-Act, you are a shiny legendary.

As a side compliment, your real name is pretty cool too :-)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What EVs are assumed for "least damage"?

Anyway, this app is unbelieveably helpful for finding paper counters to things. Choice Band Flygon has only a handful of paper counters! Skarmory, Hippowdon, Tangrowth, and Cresselia are the only things the app says always win with no residual damage (though Donphan has Ice Shard)

X-Act

Unfortunately, for now it works as if you have any other Normal Physical 40-power move.

Does this also factor in Accuracy and flinch rates for non-Fake Out moves? Also on the lowest damage part, is that average, max or lowest damage?

X-Act

Accuracy and flinch isn't factored yet. For the lowest damage part, it's the maximum damage (ironically) that the moveset can deal to that Pokemon.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This is truly awesome, thanks a lot for your hard work X-Act.

I can see me using this very frequently.

X-Act

I've just updated this Excel sheet to Version 2.2. It now uses Doug's December stats instead of the October ones. :) Redownload for the latest version. Enjoy!

Is there any way to factor in Scizors Tech'd Bullet Punch =/?

Edit: Nevermind, magnet bomb works just fine as a substitution for it...

Truly an amazing program. I'll definitely be using this often in the future.

On a different note, I don't know if you've been told already or not, but it seems one of the pictures in the first post isn't loading anymore. I've tried refreshing several times, so I don't believe it's just me, as all the other pictures are loading. The missing picture in question is right here...

Finally, we'll add Thunderbolt and HP Ice by choosing them from the boxes next to Move 3 and Move 4 respectively. Our Gengar would be able to deal an average of...

That's very good damage indeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)