Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm most likely going to Newark. Not really the safest place around here.

I went last year, and didn't get picked. I was upset to say the least.

I'd hardly call a three hour drive to play pokemon reasonable.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

oh dear god

gwahahahahahahahahaha

I'm dieing

oh my god hahahahahahahaha

somebody help

etc. etc.

Seriously though, are you that uninformed? I made a 13 hour trip (one-way, mind you) last year (and was rewarded with shit all due to the retarded lottery system), and I'll be making the trip from St. Paul to Indy this year as well. Some others went as far as 20+ hours one way to participate. You should hardly be complaining about a 3 fucking hour trip.

I knew the 24 hour drive would come up again. lol.

You going to do that again this year? It'll be ~ another 12 hours to Jersey though.

Otherwise, I agree. I know a bunch of people from smogon are going to be at Newark - me, tds, dragonfe, godudette, dubulous, EE, and his son, among others. Gonna be interesting to meet them all.
Holy crap. o_O It's gonna be packed with Smogon there. Makes me feel happier I suppose.

I knew the 24 hour drive would come up again. lol.

You going to do that again this year? It'll be ~ another 12 hours to Jersey though.

Otherwise, I agree. I know a bunch of people from smogon are going to be at Newark - me, tds, dragonfe, godudette, dubulous, EE, and his son, among others. Gonna be interesting to meet them all.
Too bad you guys won't be swooping by me... I could've had a fun ride...

Anyone want to help me with my NBS issues yet?

Yeah a three hour trip isn't so bad. I'm taking 12 hours on amtrak from Wisconsin to participate in NJ (I have family there, so it's a free stay at least).

Btw I hope I'll be able to meet some of ya. Just won't know who you are haha.

I get my stuff from mattj - I'm not too sure how thrilled they'd be about a lot of similar stuff appearing though (I recall hearing something about Blakchrome last year, since a lot of smogon people had it), but w/e. I can clone stuff that has his OT; it also can't hurt to ask him about stuff directly (like EV training - use me as a reference)

btw - anyone notice this? From the Worlds FAQ, the winner gets:

An invite to participate in the 2011 World Championships
Hmm alright. If I can get some from you or whoever it makes my efforts of RNGing simpler (none).

So should I ask him directly about cloning (using you as a reference of course)? And the EV's of course. Don't want to come off as being just a random guy. lol

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I might go up to San Francisco for this. That's only an 8 hour drive from San Diego, no problem!
I recently made the trip from San Diego to SF and back for a college trip (returned Sunday actually), and it'll take longer than that, trust me. You should leave early in the morning to beat LA traffic.

And that's from Carmel Valley, which is pretty much North County, so if you live more south then it might take even longer.

My trip to VGC in Jersey is like...less than 1 hour, lol.

When you guys get here, you'll see that all the rumors about NJ are just a lie.

Oh yeah, that's right, but I have somethin to tell you...I..I will survive..even though it'll probably kill me, I'd rather win right here..I will survive, hey hey!
You don't know about Jersey Shore, do you? Okay, take the two biggest fucking tools you've ever met in your life. Now, suck their brains out, put them on a beach and allow them to breed. Welcome to real life's /b/.

Time to Shine(or Sink)

This is great, the only weekend in May that I am free, and it is the saturday that the Seattle Regionals are. Wicked. I'm gonna drive up there and hang with my cousins 'til registration time.

Alright, I'll be at Seattle for sure. My backup is flying to Newark, I guess. Or really anywhere. It's pretty boss that my dad works for Air Canada, yeah?

Good luck to those who seem to have trouble finding a way to a qualifier!

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
You don't know about Jersey Shore, do you? Okay, take the two biggest fucking tools you've ever met in your life. Now, suck their brains out, put them on a beach and allow them to breed. Welcome to real life's /b/.
Pretty much that.

I did find it entertaining for that reason...especially when Snooki got punched in the face.

And, of course, stupid me has to be involved in two local bands that have concerts/parades on the days of certain tourneys - 2 on Newark Day, 1 on day of Nats LCQ (which doesn't bother me unless I don't get in at regionals), and another is the day after Worlds.

Clearly I'll be playing Pokemon on those days.

Totally loling at the VGC copy-pasta fail. Does anyone check this stuff before they update? Haha...

So is anyone else here coming down from Canada? I met NOT ONE Canadian at Seattle last year, everyone came up from Portland. >.>
I'm really looking forward to socializing with some peeps, and hopefully winning an invite to Nationals, of course.

C'mon Canada, there has to be someone else from Vancouver, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)