Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! It's not too far away, has awesome prizes. It's just hmmph the whole having to pay for 3rd/4th. It wouldn't break the bank too much I guess. It's not like it isn't worth the money. Also the NEC, great venue. I'll just have to win this thing.

I could within reason go to Lyon or Madrid too if I really had to. My exams are over by then. Wouldn't have minded going to Cologne though; the Rhineland is cool. I just need to work on my team now... awesome.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Alright guys, the dates have been announced. Can anyone link me to where it says there is a lottery/not a lottery. Thanks

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dallas obviosly, awesome that they expanded the prize stucture, I was a little annoyed I never managed to win a ds. No lottery and seniors in the afternoon are also positive improvements. Overall very happy with this announcement (unlike the last one).

Also it is two ubers per team not sheet, that was in the updated full rules we go after hgss release.

You live in Brockton? Lol, that place is a dump.

I had to download Fire Fox to download NBS so I could test my VGC team, then I deleted Firefox because I'm not a tool and had to play Where in the World is my Default Web Brower?, then summoned up enough patience to make a team on there, and then I have to do all these other stupid things....

... And then I FINALLY get to battle, but when I click on the option that lets me start battling, I get an error. Now I'm REALLY pissed...

"Run-time error '339':

Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Any help? /)_-

DAMN IT, Florida gets the shaft again??? Atlanta's obviously the closest, but I don't know if I'll be able to make the 7 hour drive or shell out $150+ for airfare. This could be the third year in a row that I'll be left out.

Going to Cologne since it's close to where I was born and raised. Not going to other European qualifiers, though.

Picollo mentioned most things here, this year's prizing is a joke for Europeans. They make it seem like more Europeans can get a trip to Kona when they actually reduced the spots and giving out fucking stupid Wiis and DSis to people. Just no 3rd or 4th who's got fucking rich parents can fucking afford that trip without prostituting him/herself.
Next is the goddam regulations if you got 1st or 2nd. If you're older than 18, congrats, you just won a trip for yourself only. No companion. Traveling to a foreign country without being accompanied is insane but even if you would go, why did TPCi skip the companion thing?
And what is even more ridiculous, last year we Europeans could bring 1 companion each and they didn't have a last chance qualifier in San Diego. I mean, come on Anthony Cornish and Mike Liesik, what kind of bullshit is that supposed to be? It's like you really do want to harrass us.

At least you Americans get more spots, I expect one of you to take victory over the Japs.

What is NBS, Cyrus?

Also yeah I'm going to Newark! Who else is going to NJ? It'd be great to see anyone there.

Hopefully I get all my stuff organized before the end of May so I'll be adequately prepared. Can't wait to see everyone there.

NBS = Netbattle Supremacy. Basically like shoddy except you can play doubles. But it's very glitchy.

Birmingham :(. Should be in London! Anyone know the cheapest way of getting to Lyon, France from the England?

It's actually not that glitchy, there's only like one or two ones that actually affect gameplay but they are mostly easy to get around. They've really taken effort to get all of the bugs patched up.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Well, it looks like I won't get to go...

Tossing out the lottery system is absolutely terrific. THANK YOU NINTENDO!!! *bows down*

But NJ for New England's tournament... That's awful. It'd take me four and a half hours to get there... I'll have to face EE and drcossack, they sound good... But I can't drive until after this summer so I'd have to do something so ridiculous it would get my brother to drive me for ten hours to a Pokemon tournament.

*dies*

=/
Yeah, not just me and EE, though all 4 of my teams are really freakin' good. VashTS, Bluecookies, Cybertron/Serendipity, and Gritt are some of the other guys to be scared of. I think EE's son (Gouki Shinkou) might be decent; I only battled him once though, so it's hard to say.

http://yfrog.com/2gnewhatyayj - I'll be wearing that hat, so if any of you going to Jersey see me between battles/before the event starts, don't be afraid to say hi.

I'm actually really happy about this. Ill see if i make it to NJ with TDS since we live in NYC. that is, if he can make it ):

ps: drcossack, the phillies STILL suck.

The only places myself and a good friend of mine who I taught competitive battling to are probably either Dallas, Atlanta, Indy, and (possibly) Newark. Now I can start training my team fully with no worries the locations this year would be too far away from here. First place here I come..:pimp:

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Am I reading this right? It says (for Dallas) that you have to come the 22nd to sign up, and come back the 29th to play? That is so frickin retarted!!!! If you only had to go the 29th, I would be there. There is no way my parents are going to take me both days. (We live in AR, it takes 10hrs to get to Dallas) Of course, if I went, I would get my butt kicked due to being born in 1997, so I'd be facin adults. Although, I might use the money I'm saving for a PS3 to pay my rents' the gas money. But why do they have it in May? I have school, and if I miss I have to do up-downs in football. O life is cruel. So for bad grammar I'm using my iPod Touch.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Am I reading this right? It says (for Dallas) that you have to come the 22nd to sign up, and come back the 29th to play? That is so frickin retarted!!!! If you only had to go the 29th, I would be there. There is no way my parents are going to take me both days. (We live in AR, it takes 10hrs to get to Dallas) Of course, if I went, I would get my butt kicked due to being born in 1997, so I'd be facin adults. Although, I might use the money I'm saving for a PS3 to pay my rents' the gas money. But why do they have it in May? I have school, and if I miss I have to do up-downs in football. O life is cruel. So for bad grammar I'm using my iPod Touch.
It could be an error on the site.

organizedplay@pokemon.com

is the e-mail I got when I first asked about locations, so I'd e-mail them and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)