Serious Political and economic discussion thread

Asians bitch about white privilege all the fucking time. Like, way more than other minorities. Google cultural appropriation and "my culture is not your prom dress"

Is it a coincidence that 9/10 of the people who come into these forums and tell America that it doesn't discriminate minorities are foreigners from highly homogeneous countries? I don't really give a shit when I go to east Asian countries and they treat me differently, because it's a novelty, not an inescapable fact of life.
No one says discrimination had vaporised from America and it never will. Fair enough. But you don't see Asian lives matter rallies left and right nor do you see Asians protest nearly as frequently as the BLM rallies. It's just a fact man. Or probably most just don't care/don't feel the effect. They are one of the top income earners indeed. No one disputes.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No one says discrimination had vaporised from America and it never will. Fair enough. But you don't see Asian lives matter rallies left and right nor do you see Asians protest nearly as frequently as the BLM rallies. It's just a fact man. Or probably most just don't care/don't feel the effect. They are one of the top income earners indeed. No one disputes.
You don't see Asian Lives Matter left and right because Asians aren't getting murdered left and right. I'll admit that some of their problems are above my head but it's still easy to find a lot of them complaining if you looked at all.

Like, here's one that was easy to find and that you hear a lot: https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...feel-held-back-at-work-by-stereotypes/458874/
Treating minorities differently by suggesting they are all inherently good at math/sciences etc can be harmful, or any "beneficial discrimination". I don't really get it, but it's a common complaint from Asians in America and from Black people in regard to certain stereotypes.

Last edited:
I mean their culture in general is much more cut-throat and athoritarian based than ours, thats a massive reason as to why so many are driven to succeed in life. Thats the simple answer.
This seems like a vast oversimplification of at the very least East Asian culture.

This seems like a vast oversimplification of at the very least East Asian culture.
To be absolutely honest, it is. It was a generalization as to why most Asians tend to have high GDP and succeed. They're held a lot more accountable for their actions by their parents. Some of the rigorous testing (see South Korea's SAT) is only a testament to that.

To be absolutely honest, it is. It was a generalization as to why most Asians tend to have high GDP and succeed. They're held a lot more accountable for their actions by their parents. Some of the rigorous testing (see South Korea's SAT) is only a testament to that.
Right, I'm just worried about taking that generalization and using it to portray an image of Asian culture as purely beneficial/positive (especially in an attempt to put Asians on a pedestal compared to others). I realize now that's probably not where you specifically were going with it, but it was just something I felt was important to be mindful of.

Looks this discussion has gone all over the place so I'll just contribute something by explaining the "model minority" mentioned above.
I hope you guys like reading because I'd much rather just dump links here than make summaries where I might skew the original meaning on accident.

https://cmhc.utexas.edu/modelminority.html
This is a description from the UT mental health center. I can't say much about the bias except that UT is known as a liberal university. Whatever that means to you.

Anecdotal: I'm Asian, and typically when someone sees my grades, "omg Asians so smart" "ofc you got 100 because you're Asian" or something like that. Basically, my achievement is attributed to me being Asian and not my personal efforts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3093248/
This one is long so tl;dr various statistics show that the perceived model minority is a false stereotype and harmful to society.

Some have argued that since Asians appear to be doing so well, the other minorities like black hispanic have no excuse for not performing just as well as Asians are perceived to be.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
You don't see Asian Lives Matter left and right because Asians aren't getting murdered left and right. I'll admit that some of their problems are above my head but it's still easy to find a lot of them complaining if you looked at all.

Like, here's one that was easy to find and that you hear a lot: https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...feel-held-back-at-work-by-stereotypes/458874/
Treating minorities differently by suggesting they are all inherently good at math/sciences etc can be harmful, or any "beneficial discrimination". I don't really get it, but it's a common complaint from Asians in America and from Black people in regard to certain stereotypes.
But blacks being murdered left and right is primarily an issue about gangs, drugs, and poverty. You could absolutely blame that on racism a while ago but it's significantly harder to now.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Dude the gangs drugs and poverty are BECAUSE of the racism you goofball. Moreover they’re not even valid reasons as to why cops keep killing black people for no reason.

Dude the gangs drugs and poverty are BECAUSE of the racism you goofball. Moreover they’re not even valid reasons as to why cops keep killing black people for no reason.
The thing is, cops are not killing only black people at absurd rates, for the most part, theyre on par with other races. Yes, there is a 70% black prison population in the US, (and Ive explained it before, and ill briefly explain it below), but as for cops killing only black people at disproportionate rates, thats largely untrue and exaggerated. Ive looked into BLM's 12 biggest cases theyve claimed are acts of injustice. Only in one or two cases had a real argument that the cop was possibly racist and unreasonably killed the suspect. The other 10, the victim either resisted arrest (and at times could have gotten the cop killed), or the cop was properly detained/fired or even locked up, or both lol. (If you want to talk more about this, I have the sources for the cases, Im just on mobile atm)

The gangs, drugs, and poverty are not because of racism, its largely due to underpolicing (which ive explained before in a previous post, this has been the case since post reconstruction and jim crowe). Thats why some black communities (and this can apply to really any poor community regardless of race, Camden NJ being a prime example thats attempting to get cleaned up, albiet not doing a great job atm) are in the mess theyre in. As opposed to people crying wolf and saying "police are evil," 90% of the time, theyre not, and the bad ones tend** to not stick around for long. You need someone regulating crime and not give people the incentives to do evil without consequences. Thats whats really gonna solve the issue, not throw money at it and hope the government will do its best.

Once again, I do not deny the existence of racism btw, far from it, but I do not believe it is the prime culperate of what youre claiming.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
There is one thing I don't understand not just in the African American community but democrats and leftists in general is that many of them want to undo one of the most fundamental principles not just in civilized western society but all nations is this - don't have children until you have a solid marriage and a loving mother and father who is capable of raising one and this is painfully easy to achieve. Just do the following two things.

1. Stay abstinent until you are married
2. Don't commit adultery on your spouse or the spouse of someone else.

My question for the left and the African American community is why is it so hard to follow the above two steps? If everyone does this there will be no single parenthood (unless you're a victim of sexual assault/being widowed) and drastically improve the happiness of families within them. So this really isn't an issue of 'white privilege' or race issue because these issues are not really present within Asian communities but more of an issue where people clearly are lacking self control and are not stopping and thinking the consequences associated with their actions.

Also, don't blame white privilege and white supremacy. Playing the race card will absolutely not solve anything.
ok so ur literally going "hey blacks, why are you having so much sex and committing adultery all the goddamn time? btw dont call me racist" and expecting us to just be like "oh yeah this guy's not racist & has a point"?

btw, "stay abstinent until marriage" is some completely useless advice in a country with readily available birth control. if you want people not to prematurely start families, give them proper sex ed, teach them about birth control, and destigmatize premarital sex because spoiler alert: teens are gonna fuck and you're not gonna stop it, so may as well make sure nothing bad comes of it, right? but of course, your kind doesn't really want to do that, because beneath the veneer of pragmatism lies dumbshit moralism, the idea that there is something inherently wrong about casual sex, but of course you can't just outright admit that you think is dirty and wrong because then you'd have to drop the charade and show that you basically just hate anyone who does not conform to your lifestyle.

The stats don't lie. Over 50% African births are out of wedlock. The highest compared to other ethnicities. So according to you statistics are racist then? Don't accuse me I'm not making this claim but the stats are.

Secondly you claimed teenagers are gonna engage in sexual practice no matter what so I'm gonna be more direct on what you said in a few points in the perspective of a typical liberal teenager.

1. It's not my fault for not having self-control
2. It's not my fault for not stopping and thinking of the risks associated with sexual activity
3. It's clearly not my fault if I cheat - I blame the partner for seducing me
4. The government and conservatives are 100% responsible if I have an STD or an unwanted pregnancy( white supremacists being most responsible). Certainly not myself.
5. Why practice self-control when abortion is still legal? Planned parenthood isn't going anywhere.

Few points here. Even though I disagree with the concept of casual sex absolutely nobody has the right to tell what two consenting adults what they can and can't do behind closed doors and no one should care as long as you take responsibility for your own actions but this victim playing mentality from the left has gone tooooo far. This really has absolutely nothing to do with 'privilege' at all. C'mon peeps grow up and take responsibility for your own actions and choices.

It's called wisdom and willpower.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
2. It's not my fault for not stopping and thinking of the risks associated with sexual activity
4. The government and conservatives are 100% responsible if I have an STD or an unwanted pregnancy( white supremacists being most responsible). Certainly not myself.
5. Why practice self-control when I can just abort an unborn baby in case I do get one by accident? Planned parenthood is a thing after all.
Sorry but this a frankly idiotic, nobody thinks this way. No liberal has ever blamed their own genital herpes on conservatives.

Man imagine if we just taught proper protective sex practices, that would sure help all of these problems instead of (the typically conservative backed) abstinence-only sex ed (Texas has abstinence only sex ed and very high rates of teen pregnancies). If people can just accept that some teens will have sex (most teens are rebellious, making it forbidden just increases the appeal to some) and just tell a kid how to use a condom and make them easily available STDs and teen pregnancies would plummet. But no instead of that lets just victim blame a bunch of kids who were only told "sex=bad" instead of making any sort of effort in order to fix the problem.

Oh rip it's everywhere now. But I'm pretty sure it's still African american that has the highest out of birth wedlock rates although kinda shocks me it's still pretty darn high for everywhere else.

77% according to Washington examiner.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...gle-moms-49-for-hispanic-immigrants?_amp=true

But as high as a coin flip a Hispanic baby will be born fatherless. Kinda feelsbadman the numbers are just so shockingly high.

Last edited:
Sorry but this a frankly idiotic, nobody thinks this way. No liberal has ever blamed their own genital herpes on conservatives.

Man imagine if we just taught proper protective sex practices, that would sure help all of these problems instead of (the typically conservative backed) abstinence-only sex ed (Texas has abstinence only sex ed and very high rates of teen pregnancies). If people can just accept that some teens will have sex (most teens are rebellious, making it forbidden just increases the appeal to some) and just tell a kid how to use a condom and make them easily available STDs and teen pregnancies would plummet. But no instead of that lets just victim blame a bunch of kids who were only told "sex=bad" instead of making any sort of effort in order to fix the problem.

Ok good point you got me there. Kinda feelsbadman only in america.

Last edited:

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
if the numbers are that high then why are you still bashing Hispanics and blacks and lefts or whatever?

Just curious.

clearly you just admitted its a problem across the board. again just curious

Mighty Ace has a legit point. He hasnt said a damn thing about abstinence only sex ed, I dont deny either sex ed helps tremendously so people know how to do it without being stupid. Hes stating fact, which is that Blacks disproportionately have children out of wedlocke, which is not only sad, but it put immense strain on the single mother/father and the child. Its not a bad thing to say get a grip and take self control, or simply acknowledge your mistake, man up, and be a parent. If youre sexually active, no matter what, you run that risk no matter what. Condoms have a super small chance of breaking, IUDs can even .01% of the time fail (and there have been a few documented cases). Abstinence is foolproof, there is absolutely no chance that youll have a kid if you dont have sex, that is absolutely true. Thats not a bad thing to point out.
The stats don't lie. Over 50% African births are out of wedlock. The highest compared to other ethnicities. So according to you statistics are racist then? Don't accuse me I'm not making this claim but the stats are.

Secondly you claimed teenagers are gonna engage in sexual practice no matter what so I'm gonna be more direct on what you said in a few points in the perspective of a typical liberal teenager.

5. Why practice self-control when abortion is still legal? Planned parenthood isn't going anywhere.

Few points here. Even though I disagree with the concept of casual sex absolutely nobody has the right to tell what two consenting adults what they can and can't do behind closed doors and no one should care as long as you take responsibility for your own actions but this victim playing mentality from the left has gone tooooo far. This really has absolutely nothing to do with 'privilege' at all. C'mon peeps grow up and take responsibility for your own actions and choices.

It's called wisdom and willpower.
Im sorry, yes, its true not teaching safe proper sex to rebellious teens increases chances of pregnancy, but that entire list is right. I see no reason to slam that down once so ever, he was not advocating for abstinense only sex ed, he was outlining common sense and smart choices.

if the numbers are that high then why are you still bashing Hispanics and blacks and lefts or whatever?

Just curious.

clearly you just admitted its a problem across the board. again just curious
I dont exactly think hes bashing all that much, what hes said so far has been the general reaction to our posts, and from the other side of the isle in general. Its been pretty radical.

ok so ur literally going "hey blacks, why are you having so much sex and committing adultery all the goddamn time? btw dont call me racist" and expecting us to just be like "oh yeah this guy's not racist & has a point"?

btw, "stay abstinent until marriage" is some completely useless advice in a country with readily available birth control. if you want people not to prematurely start families, give them proper sex ed, teach them about birth control, and destigmatize premarital sex because spoiler alert: teens are gonna fuck and you're not gonna stop it, so may as well make sure nothing bad comes of it, right? but of course, your kind doesn't really want to do that, because beneath the veneer of pragmatism lies dumbshit moralism, the idea that there is something inherently wrong about casual sex, but of course you can't just outright admit that you think is dirty and wrong because then you'd have to drop the charade and show that you basically just hate anyone who does not conform to your lifestyle.
This, however, is full-on bashing. Sex being morally wrong comes from jewish/christian values the US was built on, and its a decent moral. Thats more or less freedom of religion mate, and if one parent doesnt want their kid having sex until its with someone they truly love so its special, I see no issue with that once so ever. Thats not exactly disgusting. Saying "your kind," isnt even civil, dude you dont even know us personally lol, so frankly thats a pretty rude remark. Its not a bad thing to, at the very minimum, respect the person you disagree with as opposed to resulting to personal attacks.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Yeah Robert kind of jumped out the window with his aggression on that one. But the actual message your suppose to take from it is still valid. The idea of abstinence is also taboo and I hate justifying an opinionated moral belief that should be distilled into a specific racial group when so many other factors come into play such as financial situations.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's one of the simplest equations in the world

If you have a group of people connected by nothing but race, and something statistically afflicts them, there are two options:
1. Something is naturally wrong with that race.
2. Something is externally afflicting them.

To deny one is to say the other, it is at least to so strongly imply the other that marks reading your posts can walk away thinking the other. Of course, it should be obvious that option #1 is racism. As for option #2 being an alternative to option #1, it should be really easy to see that forces like the slave trade, post-reconstruction racism, jim crow laws (the protections against some of which have been recently overturned) could have long lasting negative effects that make a turnaround of prosperity incredibly difficult and time-consuming even if no one was racist, and all the dece1tful people in America right now who argue #1 by default shows that too many people still are.

Mighty Rising Ace
I don't think you know what you're talking about, but you need to stop talking smack about black people, who are still individuals that use this forum. I think you can be educated, but you need to stop this train of thought.

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Going to change the subject because it's going nowhere and straying far away from what I intended this thread to be.
Here's a kind of brief update to what's going on right now - hopefully we can get some sort of discussion going.
I made a whole load of notes at work, but this is what I remember off the top of my head. I'll bring my notes home another day and write more.

Feel free to ask questions about what you don't understand or about any opinions or predictions I (or anyone else) may have. Also feel free to add anything that I may have missed.

Politics:
US:
On Thursday, the US Treasury announced new sanctions against a list of Russian citizens, officials and entire agencies, including 19 individuals and five organizations. The list comprises more than a dozen members of the so-called Internet Research Agency, whose broad social-media trolling campaign to influence the 2016 election was outlined in an indictment from special counsel Robert Mueller weeks ago.

It also includes several agents of the GRU, the Russian military intelligence agency believed to be responsible for both the hacking of the election-related targets like the Democratic National Committee and the creation of the malware known as NotPetya, whose outbreak last summer the White House has called the most cost cyberattack in history.

And if that weren't enough, the White House also threw in a warning about ongoing Russian probes of the US power grid and other industrial control systems, which the cybersecurity industry has warned about since late summer of last year.

This was all 2 weeks after Trump was shaking Putin's hand telling him relations were about to get better.

UK:
A hard (or even no-deal) Brexit is looking more and more likely each day. Donald Trump is threatening Theresa May for a harder Brexit, else he'd cut down trade ties with the UK.

Much infighting in the Conservative party as Brexit looms closer between the hard Brexiteers and the remainers. Whatsapp group chats have been discovered with around 100 people in it including several important Conservative MPs discussing plans to bring forth a hard Brexit.

Jeremy Corbyn admits that there is an anti-semitism problem within the Labour party.

Europe:
Angela Murkle faces growing opposition from populist parties in Germany which is causing tension in the EU (let's face it she basically runs it). This is somewhat related to Giuseppe Conte's election as PM of Italy - another populist. Reminiscent of Germany spurring on the Nazis after Mussolini got into power? lol

Since the beginning of his term as Prime Minister, Conte's foreign policy was characterized by a strong approach to Russia as he advocated the deletion of international sanctions.
However, Conte stressed that under his leadership Italy will remain an active member of NATO and a close ally of the United States. After a few days, Trump praised Conte, describing him as a "really great" leader and "very strong on immigration".

What we gather from this is that, as we also saw in France last year, populism is on the rise in Europe. Brexit and Trump winning presidency has inspired populists to gather strength, which could be bad news for the EU.

Economics:
US-China trade wars:
The US and China have been throwing tariffs at each other for a few weeks now, and these are looking to be worse and worse.

Nobody wins in a trade war, people just come out less worse off than the other.

The Trump administration had earlier warned that they were considering taxing Chinese exports worth $200bn at 25 per cent — compared with a previously announced tariff of 10 per cent. In July they had formally started trade hostilities, when they slapped punitive duties on $34bn of each other’s exports.
US Economy:
Unemployment fell in the US to 3.9% lower than expected with 157,000 new jobs being created in July.

US Inflation Rate Unchanged at Over 6-Year High. US annual inflation rate stood at 2.9% in July 2018, unchanged from the previous month and slightly below market expectations of 3 percent. Still, inflation remained at its highest level since February 2012.

Fed interest rates are at 2%. Trump believes that the Fed's rates hike are pushing up the dollar and will harm exports. In all fairness, America is at a risk of overheating, as more expansionary policies are dangerous to a country with nearly full employment.
UK Economy:
The UK’s jobless rate has fallen to a four-decade low (4%), official figures published on Tuesday said.
However, wages are not rising.
There is a serious productivity issue in the UK economy.
On Thursday 2 August 2018 the Bank of England base rate increased from 0.50% to 0.75%.
MPC members argued that with low productivity and lower net migration holding back potential growth in the UK, even modest increases in demand would lead to domestic inflationary pressures.

Japanese Economy:
Will come back to this - made notes but left them at work.

European economy:
Eurozone GDP expectations rise as Germany show strong economic figures (unemployment etc). There have been concerns about how trade wars will effect Europe.
The European Central Bank has said that it is cutting quantitative easing, which is being followed globally.

The Turkish lira continued to get close to its record low on Tuesday, a day after the country’s central bank tried to shore up the financial system and President Erdogan lashed out at economic “traitors” and accused the US of stabbing the country “in the back”.

This is seriously bad for Turkish businesses that owe money to foreign investors, as the loans cost them more lira (as the loans are done in the lender's currency).

Turkey are entering a crisis.

Last edited:
It's one of the simplest equations in the world

If you have a group of people connected by nothing but race, and something statistically afflicts them, there are two options:
1. Something is naturally wrong with that race.
2. Something is externally afflicting them.

To deny one is to say the other, it is at least to so strongly imply the other that marks reading your posts can walk away thinking the other. Of course, it should be obvious that option #1 is racism. As for option #2 being an alternative to option #1, it should be really easy to see that forces like the slave trade, post-reconstruction racism, jim crow laws (the protections against some of which have been recently overturned) could have long lasting negative effects that make a turnaround of prosperity incredibly difficult and time-consuming even if no one was racist, and all the dece1tful people in America right now who argue #1 by default shows that too many people still are.

Mighty Rising Ace
I don't think you know what you're talking about, but you need to stop talking smack about black people, who are still individuals that use this forum. I think you can be educated, but you need to stop this train of thought.
Fair enough. I'm only stating what the stats suggest (from the link I found). Wasn't deliberately trying to smack talk/target anyone specifically but fair enough still.

Last edited:
my thoughts are generally that leftism is too focused on minorities and a multicultural utopia, and making them """Equal""" when they already mostly are, and making whites seem like greedy and terrible people. Yes Racism is still alive and well, but leftists keep pushing their agenda, which actually increases many people unjustified hatred towards them becuase the lefts want to give them special treatment. The SJWs aren't helping either, making men seem like terrible monsters and women like suppressed beings, devoid of freedom and rights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)