Post your favorite anime

Alright then CaptKirby, I guess we might as well wrap up this argument.

Here's the reason I think Brotherhood is better than the original: it follows the manga. And I think (judging by your first post) that we both agree on the fact that the manga's plot and characters are mostly better than that of the first anime.

Like CShadow said, there are flaws in the animation and art of both the first anime and Brotherhood. To me, however, the better plot and characters of the manga/Brotherhood far outweigh any potential difference in animation and art. If the original anime also followed the plot of the manga, I would love it just as much as Brotherhood.

CaptKirby, I'm 99% sure you've already read the manga, but just in case you haven't, I highly recommend you finish Brotherhood. The last 8 or so episodes have the best action sequences of the entire series.

So yeah, I'm done.

I am not interested in finishing Brotherhood. I might in like a year, but it was such a festering piece of shit that I do not really care at this point - it would only make me angry.

oh von fielder g gundam was the shit. Domoun pwned fools so hard with his shining fingers. That was the only gundam series i've ever liked.

As for favorites in no order
Samurai Champloo
Claymore
Naruto
Freaking Generator Gawl was awesome
and Hellsing is pretty badass.

If you haven't seen Generator Gawl it was like a 10 episode series about time traveling and all science fictiony. It is incredible. And Gawl generates into a ridiculously awesome creature. And the OVA for Hellsing is just incredibly well done and gorey.

As for FMA there's no way you can say that Brotherhood doesn't have better animation but I still prefer the original for some reason. It just felt better. More alive and less forced. And the soundtrack was amazing.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After the whole Full Metal Alchemist debacle, I decided to start watching it, and it's very very well done.

Although the episode with Nina being transmuted admittedly freaked me out. Those blank white eyes...

I couldn't really be bothered starting Brotherhood. I really liked Fullmetal Alchemist original, since it didn't really use Filler arcs unlike other anime that diverge from the manga.

As for FMA there's no way you can say that Brotherhood doesn't have better animation but I still prefer the original for some reason. It just felt better. More alive and less forced. And the soundtrack was amazing.
Yes, I can do it. I already did. The animation and art in Fullmetal Alchemist I is better than in II.

The soundtrack in Fullmetal Alchemist II was a huge annoyance as episodes went by...a real mistake, I am not sure what they were thinking.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't find the soundtrack to be terrible in Brotherhood. Just nothing grabbed me like Brothers did in FMA and I don't think anything ever will.

Going by the fact that popemobile and Eradd are already hooked, I'm assuming they're watching the original series because that first episode of Brotherhood was ass.

Eraddd

One Pixel
I didn't find the soundtrack to be terrible in Brotherhood. Just nothing grabbed me like Brothers did in FMA and I don't think anything ever will.

Going by the fact that popemobile and Eradd are already hooked, I'm assuming they're watching the original series because that first episode of Brotherhood was ass.
Yeah, it's the original.

I loved the first series, but I don't really like Brotherhood. The manga is phenomenal but from what I've seen of Brotherhood, it just skips over or butchers what made the manga so good. Even if it does get better later on and the fights become more impressive, I don't think I can let it go for that. And judging by its ratings in Japan, I see most people in its home country agree.

For my favourite anime (other than FMA1, it has so much heart.) I love Paranoia Agent and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Japan's martyr/victim complex is not commonly focused on in Japanese popular culture and PA draws a sharp eye to it. Eva is a character analysis show masquerading as a Super Robot Show. The situation is screwed up, the fights are great and the characters are fantastically, yet painfully human.

I've been hearing good things about Baccano! I should probably watch it.

Eraddd

One Pixel
also this big dude fucking owns
Quoted for fucking truth right there.

Love all the plot twists and the introduction of new characters and new additions to the plot. I love how the series starts off with a narrow view of the whole picture, and it gradually begins to expand. If pulled off well, it draws me right in.

Having just watched the original FMA animé, I must honestly say that it's just incredible. The characters, the mood, the story, everything. Especially Dante's theme gives me shivers whenever I hear it.

My favourite animé, however, remains Death Note, followed closesly by a pretty obscure one named Hellsing. It also has two animés, with the second one being better, except for the soundtrack. Trailer for the second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF-5VWT62HY

Gaaaah!

1. TTGL
Everything is so over-the-top and Simon's development is awesome. Yes, Capt Kirby I like it because it is so ridiculously hot-blooded. Throwing galaxies while shouting is actually awesome. Power-to-the-peeps indeed. 26 Episodes of win from start to finish (screw the recap episode).
2. Cowboy Bebop
I'm not sure how to explain it just is. However, if you've never heard Yoko Kanno's stuff before you need to watch this anime.
3. G Gundam
What do you get when you get the Gundam people to lose a ton of their seriousness and make something extra fun? An extremely apologetically silly and cheesy super robot show. It even has one of the longest super robot attacks in history if not the longest. Silly Gundam designs, general anviliciousness, and the characters all make it a blast. I also absolutely love what happened with Domon and Rose.

Same for me. I only just watched the first episode though, but it looks like it's gonna be good.
Oh my, oh my
Watch the second. It's so emotionally powerful!

Anyway, Adult Swim airs FMA:B on their Saturday anime block at 12 midnight.
However, I was watching it last night, and what do I see... Ep.2?!!
So, I researched online, and found that Ep.26 was the last one they were going to premiere before they took a dubbing break. -__-
Sigh.

Oh yeah, FMA:B is my FAVORITE anime/ show of all time. The story line is golden, the characters are so likeable, and it's just such a fast-paced, powerful, and amazing show that really gets you thinking. I'm currently on Ep.29, as I've been watching most of the recent ones on Youtube, because I've been busy these past Saturdays. But last night I wasn't and I though I'd watch "Anime Saturday", but it was episode 2... Sigh... I'm being redundant but I just don't see why on earth they decided to do that. I guess it'll give the kiddies (although this anime is very mature, I agree with the poster who said "why is this PG?") time to catch up with the storyline. Eh...

Also, Teen Titans ranks up there as well... Although I'm not sure if that qualifies as "anime", lol,

Outlaw Star is easily my favorite anime. The characters are really what makes the series, it's such a great combination of humor, action, and just about trying to find you're place in the universe. There's 26 episodes and all the episodes are on youtube in case anyone's interested

Woah, just finished watching that.
I got to Ep.29, but I stopped...

How are you liking Envy's true form? [;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)