Post your searing hot takes

I on the other hand never tell my opponent to have fun. I wish them good luck as that is just and honorable, but a Pokemon battle is serious business, I don't want them to have fun, I want to destroy them.

I learned this in "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
i love this take im doing this now

as for my hot take to add to the thread: im sorry but boba is disgusting

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
I dunno man… this just makes me think you're not confident in your ability to crush your foes…

Real gamers can be haxed to shit and still win with ease…
You are exactly right. I am the big suck.

I am also only half-joking when I say this btw

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
"Gen 1 was a buggy mess" has become just as banal and stale of a critique as "Sonic has had a rocky transition to 3D"
Most* of the bugs were sick and actively improved the game more than anything, too. It's almost like a YouTuber said something uninformed, some kids echoed it, then they validated each other, just like people who think Lando-T is broken:smogthink:

* Yes 1/256 exists yes recovery failure exists, nobody will dispute either and they hardly matter in regular or competitive gameplay anyway. People love to squeal about these as if they're some gigantic issue and I have no idea why.

Empoleon as a pokemon sucks.

Galarian Moltres is a giant bag of wasted potential, especially its signature move.

Galarian Articuno's signature move is fucking stupid and I hate it.

Galarian Zapdos is probably the best out of the three as a pokemon and even then I don't like it as much as I could have. What else do I say here?

These 5 mega evolutions suck the most as a pokemon:
Mega Abomasnow - Shitty stat spread + shitty defensive typing + unhelpful ability, what else is there to say? (again, you didn't have much viable options for good stat spreads since base Abomasnow's stat spread is horse shit)
Mega Absol - Not fast enough for how frail it is, just gets completely obliterated by priority. Very poor abuser of Magic Bounce, even Mega Diancie of all things has better bulk than it.
Mega Ampharos - Not bulky enough for how slow it is. Mold Breaker every once in a while will save you / win you the game but even then you could've used a better Mold Breaker pokemon and got the same, if not better, results as you would with Mega Ampharos
Mega Banette - read my rant on Mega Banette and you should see why this sucks.
Mega Camerupt - I'm ok with it being as slow as it is but it should've had way better bulk to justify it. Also just an extremely poor abuser of Sheer Force due to how slow it is.

Playing with stall is super boring and even with a wincon/finisher on your team, you're generally better off playing faster playstyles.

Last edited:
I did not care for the godfather Undertale. I didn't particularly enjoy the story, and while the gameplay was moderately enjoyable, the game punishing you for doing anything other than a pacifist run really killed a lot of the enjoyment I would have had from playing it like a normal RPG.

Partners in Time, along with Paper Jam are two of the weakest games in the Mario & Luigi series. (Paper Jam because of the generic “Bowser kidnaps Peach” thing in most Super Mario games, Partners in Time because Bros. Items means not having to worry about BP at all and the only other item you need is Mushrooms.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)