Post your searing hot takes

oh BOY is that a hot take
I didn't even realise until I read this thread...
this guy thinks the minigames is the whole game, they are called minigames for a reason
Compared to the mind-numbing garbage that is the old party boards yeah, you may as well skip the board part that takes 2 minutes of doing nothing at the minimum to get straight to the minigames. At least MP 9's Party Mode is actually fun. It helps that MP 9's minigames are a riot as well, especially the Reverse Minigames, which are way more fun than they deserve to be.
I would definitely agree with this, but I do like Bowser JR's Boss Battle. The randomness makes it fun for me.
Hot takes coming thick and fast: people apparently enjoy dice rolling simulator.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
I'd be completely fine with BDSP sucking ass and doing literally everything wrong (eg dp dex) IF the end result was the fanbase collectively waking up and realizing how amazing ORAS was out of spite ("Man this is low-effort and bad, remember how much work ORAS put into spicing up Hoenn?" etc. etc.)
I would be fine with BDSP sucking ass if they bring Gliscor back :gliscor:

Sun and Moon (and by extension USUM) were great. A common criticism of Pokemon is that it keeps reusing the same 20 year old format over and over again. I do agree with this, but nobody mentions Game Freak changing it up with SM. The whole totem Pokemon thing is cool and fits thematically, and while the gimmick of the hour was just a lame attempt to bring Yo-kai Watch fans over to Pokemon (which didn't work Yo-kai Watch 3 is still the best 3ds game dammit), it could give some lesser-known pokemon a chance to shine. I'm also a big fan of the story in SM. The Aether Foundation is awesome and the battle with Lusamine-Nihilego was really cool. The Ultra Beasts are weird, but that's why I like them. There are just so many great ideas in these games, and it's really a shame that they went back to the gym format for SWSH.

That said, there are some bad parts. Festival Plaza is a good idea on paper, but it just ends up being annoying to use (hello showdown trailer). The dragon trial could've been so much better, especially with Vast Poni Canyon (the best "Victory Road" yet imo) leading up to it. MELEMELE ISLAND SUCKS. But even with those downsides, the games are still really enjoyable. I don't know why it was so disliked.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Sun and Moon (and by extension USUM) were great. A common criticism of Pokemon is that it keeps reusing the same 20 year old format over and over again. I do agree with this, but nobody mentions Game Freak changing it up with SM. The whole totem Pokemon thing is cool and fits thematically, and while the gimmick of the hour was just a lame attempt to bring Yo-kai Watch fans over to Pokemon (which didn't work Yo-kai Watch 3 is still the best 3ds game dammit), it could give some lesser-known pokemon a chance to shine. I'm also a big fan of the story in SM. The Aether Foundation is awesome and the battle with Lusamine-Nihilego was really cool. The Ultra Beasts are weird, but that's why I like them. There are just so many great ideas in these games, and it's really a shame that they went back to the gym format for SWSH.

That said, there are some bad parts. Festival Plaza is a good idea on paper, but it just ends up being annoying to use (hello showdown trailer). The dragon trial could've been so much better, especially with Vast Poni Canyon (the best "Victory Road" yet imo) leading up to it. MELEMELE ISLAND SUCKS. But even with those downsides, the games are still really enjoyable. I don't know why it was so disliked.

as someone whose first pokemon game was USUM, I have to agree with you

Roserade is a better waifu than Mega Gardevoir

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Sun and Moon (and by extension USUM) were great. A common criticism of Pokemon is that it keeps reusing the same 20 year old format over and over again. I do agree with this, but nobody mentions Game Freak changing it up with SM. The whole totem Pokemon thing is cool and fits thematically, and while the gimmick of the hour was just a lame attempt to bring Yo-kai Watch fans over to Pokemon (which didn't work Yo-kai Watch 3 is still the best 3ds game dammit), it could give some lesser-known pokemon a chance to shine. I'm also a big fan of the story in SM. The Aether Foundation is awesome and the battle with Lusamine-Nihilego was really cool. The Ultra Beasts are weird, but that's why I like them.

[\B]I agree with the Ultra Beasts statement, and I remmeber one quote i found that really sums up my opinions on them.

“They found a way to make things that look nothing like pokemon while still avoiding valid complaint from fans about them ‘not looking like pokemon’”.

[\B]I agree with the Ultra Beasts statement, and I remmeber one quote i found that really sums up my opinions on them.

“They found a way to make things that look nothing like pokemon while still avoiding valid complaint from fans about them ‘not looking like pokemon’”.
exactly

Acacia is the best wood type in Minecraft. The Grey bark makes great flooring and framing for a building and contrasts well with the orange of the wood itself. The planks look great in modern houses and desert, tropical, blue/cyan and grey builds. We don't talk about the doors though, as those are bad.

Minecraft villages have the weirdest generation out of all minecraft structures and I love them.

The weird end generation bug that happened in 1.17 snapshot 21w13a was extremely funny and should've been toggleable as a permanent feature. (however, raise the end spikes when doing so)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)