Post your searing hot takes

BW's problem wasn't that it only had gen V pokemon in the main storyline. Its better to start a new generation with a party of just new pokemon.

The problem is that too many of the best Gen V pokemon are stuck in weak evolution stage until about level 40 or higher.
Nobody is using a lvl 30 tynamo against Skyla. If this was Gen III I'd have a manectric already.

Last edited:
The diamonds from steven universe were a great looming threat but were terrible as characters. Also, Steven Universe as a whole was crazily overrated
You're not alone in this!

I merely regard it (and by extension Future) as a good show that had good moments but ultimately tried to play up its own mysteries too much by waiting to say the crucial story beats pretty late (even if some of the foreshadowing was pretty mind-blowing, looking back). The Diamonds felt woefully underutilized, and when they FINALLY got shown more they felt like little more than props via heel-face-turn to make Steven look better rather than actual characters. Best show ever? No not even close, I still like the DCAU shows, Phineas and Ferb, and Wander Over Yonder more, even if they are (mostly) simpler.

I binged most of the show until that long Season 4 hiatus, and even then it felt kinda slow (let's wait a whole season for Jasper to get out of the sea) and messages that, while I commend the showmakers for being bold with, felt overbearing / overshadowing actual plot at times even if some hit the mark fine (Steven's characterization in Future).

While it might be an odd comparison, I'd argue you can present messages in a much more subtle way and still make great stories - A LOT of the old Spongebob episodes I never realized had aesops until I explicitly read about them:

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 4.35.35 PM.png

So I won't get too deep into it, I'll sum it up: Steven Universe (Future) is a good show with good voice acting, music, art, etc - but it also shows how sometimes a complex scope can swallow a show whole, for better or worse. I think the movie was really good at catching people up to speed - it's not easy to summarize all that continuity and still have a relatively coherent plot!

Last edited:
The Delta Species from the TCG should be full-blown regional variants in-game. (Along with Dark Pokemon, with the latter just being more offensive leaning with a type being replaced with Dark such as Ampharos-Dark being Electric/Dark and other things like Manectric-Team Aqua being Electric/Dark and Groudon-Team Magma being Ground/Dark. Maybe the villainous team Pokemon/Pokemon SP could have some stat boosts as well or something)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The fast-approaching collapse of advanced human civilization will actually be a net good for us as a species because it will provide an escape from Internet humor.
If you think the collapse of human civilisation will be enough to wipe out internet humour then you're sorely mistaken.

Civilisation's collapse will be a renaissance of internet humour, except you'll have to deal with it IRL instead of on Twitter.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
If you think the collapse of human civilisation will be enough to wipe out internet humour then you're sorely mistaken.

Civilisation's collapse will be a renaissance of internet humour, except you'll have to deal with it IRL instead of on Twitter.
That's exactly it though. In real life, I can choose who I interact with. On the Internet, I very often have this garbage forced onto my computer screen while I'm doing something completely unrelated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)