Post your searing hot takes

Germany is soooo boring

Like nothing interesting happened there past post WW2 restructuring. You can't tell me that German reunification was interesting either. It's like the most boring country on the planet with worst internet "culture" imagineable

I am not saying that Titus Andronicus is some masterpiece, but I wouldn't hate on it so much. It's a story about how destructive and never-ending revenge can be. The movie also looks really cool

despite the classic smb 1-1 song being extremely iconic

i think the 1-2 aka underground theme is the most reused tune in mario history, like idt they've ever actually made like

another underground song

its always just a remix of 1-2, and I'd argue that the actual games themselves, not the brand as a whole but the games, have gotten drastically more value out of that one underground theme than they have 1-1

i mean seriously even the mario games that use like 99% new music have the underground theme in there

been playing mario wonder and it also uses that underground theme lmao

Tim Burton's 1989 Batman isn't that good. I mean it's not bad but Batman doesn't get characterized much and there isn't much happening. I like the depiction of Joker but it is a very stereotypical Jack Nicholson role

It widely changed the perception of Batman and I think that's good overall but I don't think it's that good. I never watched Batman Returns though, heard that one should be excellent

Also man Tim Burton is one frustrating artist. Somewhere in the 2000s, it feels like he tried to constantly capture whatever he did in his hayday and it feels so rotten. But that's not a hot take, most people think that

I've been listening to a lot of music lately, so here's some of my opinions ranging from somewhat hot to hot

Feature J. Cole > Album J. Cole
Yanqui U.X.O is the best Godspeed You! Black Emperor album
Liquid Swords > 36 Chambers
There will never be a more talented vocalist than Björk
If you can't explain why you like an album, you're glazing
Not listening to live albums is missing out on a bunch of good projects
Bladee >>> Ecco2k
If you say "This album is art", you should consider all albums art, if you don't, that's clear bias (Remember, not all art is good art)
As a "rapper who raps fast", Daveed Diggs of clipping. is much more talented than Eminem
Stankonia is a classic, but is much more inconsistent than other Outkast albums

Updated: Talk Talk's Laughing Stock isn't as good as people make it out to be.

That's all for now.

Last edited:
speaking of video games i hate that certain game franchises do that pay us and we'll give you exclusivity.

i get the financial side i understand all the business aspects, but hate the practice (and i'm not a fanboy for any system just think it's dumb esp for the kids who see their friends playing a game they love and gotta be like "Well my parents got me -insert other system here-")

something tells me that isnt the hottest take though and most dislike it lol

Last edited:
I am pretty glad that Daft Punk ended their careers instead of just continuing and deterioating in quality. They had one of the most special and important portfolios in music history and its a perfect collection. I kinda wish more artists would just retire instead of constantly going forward and becoming worse with time

I am pretty glad that Daft Punk ended their careers instead of just continuing and deterioating in quality. They had one of the most special and important portfolios in music history and its a perfect collection. I kinda wish more artists would just retire instead of constantly going forward and becoming worse with time
as someone with an artist mother (albeit not musical she does literally everything from paper mache to painting, drawing, graphic art etc) it's hard to tell an artist to "Stop," cus the artistic mind doesn't. even if it rests awhile it'll pop back in like "WHAT ABOUT THIS?!" lmao
Hell I'm a writer and i'll be literally anywhere in life and get suddenly attacked with new ideas or rhymes.
Music is so universal and openly critiqued so while I respect I almost feel for artists when they clearly loved something but people pan it.
This is why so many career musicians got 49845430982 side projects lmao. - Almost like an out "this was my Indie Folk album"/"This is my black metal effort"/"This is my prog rock group" etc lmao.
*Edit* cus they may enter that sphere AND BE APPRECIATED even if their normal fans would be like "Go back to *Plan A*" Devin Townsend is a good example as a music fan myself. From Strapping Young Lad to his country albums, etc etc, bro is just talented haha. (He came to mind first cus 1) he fits what i mentioned and ill admit 2) we both May 5th babies (albeit obv diff years lol)

I do get your point and angle though lol.

Last edited:
As a whole, Yu-Gi-Oh! cards are infinitely more comprehensible than MTG cards precisely because, instead of keywords (except for stuff like excavate, which will make sense after having it explained once, or piercing, which explains itself), Yu-Gi-Oh! cards actually tell you what the fuck they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)