Power-Twist - V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
I can see Acid spray being a bit OP here, a 111 BP with a 100% chance to lower special defense by two. Not to mention the fastest user of it (Accelgor) has base 145 speed so it'll be able to out speed most of the meta
Even the blobs may have problem with this move, although this will make steel types more common.

Accelgor also gets a nice 131 BP draining move in leech life, which also gets STAB and other great moves such as Mud slap, Quick attack, Pursuit, feint (although its Physical attack isn't the greatest) and struggle bug. So it could run a nice Specs set, or utilize a great ability in Unburden and use Gems for a good first move and a speed boost
Accelgor should probably use sticky hold as its ability. It is already faster than the large majority of everything, and sticky hold prevents it from losing items to knock off, the most powerful dark type move. Specs with leech life, mud-slap, mega drain, and HP fire could be nice hit most 'mons for at least neutral damage.

Also, acid spray looks neat, but has the worst coverage ever, and lets steels walk all over it.

EV

Banned deucer.
Changed priority back to normal. Sorry everyone who planned to sweep with Azumarill or Conkeldurr.

40 bp isn't terrible when you factor in Technician, STAB, and Choice Band...... so just make sure you have all those!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is a very interesting metagame. Give me the list of exceptions, though, because I'm implementing this with a change on all moves updating their base power in battle.

Changed priority back to normal. Sorry everyone who planned to sweep with Azumarill or Conkeldurr.
40 bp isn't terrible when you factor in Technician, STAB, and Choice Band...... so just make sure you have all those!
I'm probably a bit too late on this, but I want to suggest a solution similar to the Adonzo Amendment, where these moves keep the new base power now have -1 priority.

EV

Banned deucer.

Get ready for this thing to destroy your life. Incinerate (121) and Leech Life (131) or Struggle Bug (121) along with Quiver Dance and Gust (111), Hidden Power Ground, or Giga Drain (76) makes Volcarona a potentially big threat, bigger than before, with a HP draining STAB move and a 100% accurate Fire Blast. It will need HP Ground for Heatran, except then Multiscale Dragonite gives it trouble. Either way, with its counters gone, things are gonna die.

Before, Jolteon had a pretty limited movepool, but now it runs Thundershock (111), Charge Beam (101), Volt Switch (81), Mud-slap (131), Stored Power (121), and Signal Beam (76). Swift (91) and Shock Wave (91) are perfect accuracy moves, but Jolteon won't be living many Mud-slaps so it probably won't need to uses them. Also, don't forget that Stored Power gets weaker now with the more boosts it has, so running it with Charge Beam isn't a good idea (unless its choiced).

This guy? Well, you would think Technician has taken a huge loss with the reversal of lower base power attacks, but for Ambipom, it hasn't thanks to a mainstay of its movepool: Double Hit (58). With Technician factored in, each hit is 87bp... meaning the attack together has 174bp before STAB. It still has Fake Out (40), Pursuit is either 111 if the opponent stays or 82 if they flee (111/2=55x1.5), plus Acrobatics lowers to 48 without an item, meaning it then gains the Tech boost and goes up to 72. If it holds an item, it will stay at 96.
Rock Smash (101), U-turn (91), Astonish (121), and Knock Off (131) are good choices for their consistent output.

Physical Dark-types got such a huge boon in Power-twist it would be irresponsible to not bring up Weavile. Knock Off (131), Thief (111), and Fling (?) can make Weavile such a badass now. First of all, Knock Off is hugely powerful and disruptive. Second, Thief with a Dark Gem will boost the attack and then steal your opponents item in 1 turn. Third, Flinging a Choice Band gives a 141bp move, which, if I'm right, means the attack is boosted by the Choice Band while it's flung (could be wrong). Avalanche (91) hurts as long as Weavile moves first, and in most cases it will, plus there's Feint (121), Double Hit (58x2), Ice Shard (40), and Rock Smash (101).

What are some more?

Last edited:

Jaiho

bandy legged troll

Jirachi's defensive sets have been made rather useless, but offensive Jirachi is more powerful than ever. Iron Head has been nerfed (71), but still has enough juice to do what Jirachi does best. One can back Jirachi's flinch-haxxing prowess with moves like mud-slap (131), icy wind (96), confusion (101), the elemental punches (76), drain punch (76), water pulse (91), ancient power (91), signal beam (76), and charge beam (111). It also gets 3 perfect accuracy moves, swift, aerial ace, and shock wave, but its weak to mud-slap, so...

EV

Banned deucer.

Jirachi's defensive sets have been made rather useless, but offensive Jirachi is more powerful than ever. Iron Head has been nerfed (71), but still has enough juice to do what Jirachi does best. One can back Jirachi's flinch-haxxing prowess with moves like mud-slap (131), icy wind (96), confusion (101), the elemental punches (76), drain punch (76), water pulse (91), ancient power (91), signal beam (76), and charge beam (111). It also gets 3 perfect accuracy moves, swift, aerial ace, and shock wave, but its weak to mud-slap, so...
I can see Rachi going mostly special for Power-twist. Confusion, Water Pulse, Charge Beam, Icy Wind, and Calm Mind looks like a nice selection to choose from. Heck, it could even try AncientPower spam to get the +1 everything boost with Serene Grace and at 91bp it isn't too bad (just depends on what coverage you get I guess).

Get ready for this thing to destroy your life. Incinerate (121) and Leech Life (131) or Struggle Bug (121) along with Quiver Dance and Gust (111), Hidden Power Ground, or Giga Drain (76) makes Volcarona a potentially big threat, bigger than before, with a HP draining STAB move and a 100% accurate Fire Blast. It will need HP Ground for Heatran, except then Multiscale Dragonite gives it trouble. Either way, with its counters gone, things are gonna die.

Before, Jolteon had a pretty limited movepool, but now it runs Thundershock (111), Charge Beam (101), Volt Switch (81), Mud-slap (131), Stored Power (121), and Signal Beam (76). Swift (91) and Shock Wave (91) are perfect accuracy moves, but Jolteon won't be living many Mud-slaps so it probably won't need to uses them. Also, don't forget that Stored Power gets weaker now with the more boosts it has, so running it with Charge Beam isn't a good idea (unless its choiced).

This guy? Well, you would think Technician has taken a huge loss with the reversal of lower base power attacks, but for Ambipom, it hasn't thanks to a mainstay of its movepool: Double Hit (58). With Technician factored in, each hit is 87bp... meaning the attack together has 174bp before STAB. It still has Fake Out (40), Pursuit is either 111 if the opponent stays or 82 if they flee (111/2=55x1.5), plus Acrobatics lowers to 48 without an item, meaning it then gains the Tech boost and goes up to 72. If it holds an item, it will stay at 96.
Rock Smash (101), U-turn (91), Astonish (121), and Knock Off (131) are good choices for their consistent output.

Physical Dark-types got such a huge boon in Power-twist it would be irresponsible to not bring up Weavile. Knock Off (131), Thief (111), and Fling (?) can make Weavile such a badass now. First of all, Knock Off is hugely powerful and disruptive. Second, Thief with a Dark Gem will boost the attack and then steal your opponents item in 1 turn. Third, Flinging a Choice Band gives a 141bp move, which, if I'm right, means the attack is boosted by the Choice Band while it's flung (could be wrong). Avalanche (91) hurts as long as Weavile moves first, and in most cases it will, plus there's Feint (121), Double Hit (58x2), Ice Shard (40), and Rock Smash (101).

What are some more?
Would Dark Gem Knock Off with Pickpocket not do the same thing as Thief, but with more power? Idk what the priority on knocking off an item is vs stealing one.

I've never played this before but maybe these could be threats!

Omastar. This looks very threatening after a Shell Smash with Water Gun(111), Mud Shot(96), and Icy Wind(96). Water Gun is a super powerful STAB that can be awesome on the incinerate abusers and Terrakion. Mud Shot is basically a less powerful Mud Slap that still has great coverage on Nidoking and Metagross. Icy Wind finishes the coverage, hitting the dragon and grass types running around.

Spore, SD, and wreck. Mach Punch(111) can rip through teams even with priority removed. Thunderpunch(76) can hit the Flyers and even though Bullet Seed has the same power, Technician can somewhat remedy this issue.

Spore, SD, and wreck. Mach Punch(111) can rip through teams even with priority removed...
Also, the "we like ___" sections in the OP need to be updated. It lists some moves that aren't buffed as moves that can be taken advantage of (Like Facade on Flareon or Ice Shard on Cloyster).
Would Dark Gem Knock Off with Pickpocket not do the same thing as Thief, but with more power? Idk what the priority on knocking off an item is vs stealing one.
Pickpocket activates when the opponent hits you with a contact move, so no it wouldn't.

Wow, i really, really like this metagame. Constrict suddenly becomes a weapon of mass destruction, while Tackle, Gust, and Ember are now some of the strongest moves. Hyper Beam/Giga Impact suddenly have gone from bad moves from laughable moves that will absolutely NEVER be considered for a team.

I just wanted to comment on how OP Wrap is.

It has a base power of 136, and traps the opponent for 5 turns.

Constrict has a base power of 141.
Ember and Gust has a base power of 111.
Flame Charge has a base power of 101, and 100% raises your speed by +1
Flail and Reveral act like Water Spouts, both starting at 131, and decreasing as your HP decreases.
HM moves like Cut and Rock Smash actually become very good.

Wow, I can't wait to play this.

EDIT: WOW I JUST REALIZED I CAN SWEEP TEAMS WITH RAPID SPIN NOW

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Since this thread has been dead for a few days, here is another threatening 'mon i found:

This guy can destroy all the pesky dark types that are showing up due to their now amazing movepools. Conkeldurr here can capitalize with its STAB mach punch (40) with the rest standard sheer force set with its slightly boosted armada of punches (76). it also has rock smash (111), rock tomb (101), and knock off (131). I could see this guy replacing Mamoswine as the prime anti-meta OU 'mon.

I think we should get a gen 6 version of Implement(Note, this is an edit) this meta
Infernape @ Leftovers/LO
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant/Lonely
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP/SpA
Power up Punch
Flame Charge
Thunder Punch
Bulldoze/ Mud Slap

Edit: Knock off will be used less than it would be in gen 5

Last edited:
Filling in for simsims2800 by doing something unique here:
But in all seriousness, this meta hasn't even been implemented yet. That's why you don't see me going back to my thread yelling "HEY GUYS GEN 6 THIS OLD META SDF"
That's why I didn't say re-implement. I said what I said because this is a meta that's fallen to the shadows and has potential.
Also what's the other meta you're talking about? The only meta by you I know of is Metagamiate a gen6 meta

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
That's why I didn't say re-implement. I said what I said because this is a meta that's fallen to the shadows and has potential.
Also what's the other meta you're talking about? The only meta by you I know of is Metagamiate a gen6 meta
An ancient meta for gen 5 that I created that died out a long time ago in its alpha stages. It's not important.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just a nitpick, but
Starmie gets a bizarre set of moves and coverage with Icy Wind, Water Gun (111), Swift (91), Power Gem (81), and Twister (111). Plus Rapid Spin (131).
Power Gem was buffed to 80 BP, so by your scale I believe it's only 71 BP now.

An ancient meta for gen 5 that I created that died out a long time ago in its alpha stages. It's not important.
k

Edit to not double post: would beat up be scaled as if it were a six hit move or would its base power change depending on the number of hits

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)