Power-Twist - V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mega Pinsir gets Bind. A 135 base power move, that gets Aerilate bonus, traps the opponent and deals 1/8 of their max HP at the end of every turn just for fun. Oh my.

How does Sheer Force interacts with the new effect of the moves? It doesn't boost the move with negative sides effects, so Power-Up Punch, or even Metal Claw, for example, would no longer be boosted. But it does boost moves with positive effects, so Draco Meteor would now be boosted(lol it now hits a fearsome 26 base power). About moves that raise an opponent stats, I guess they can still get the boost, considering that it can be treated as a positive effect if you use the move on a partner in a double battle, also because Sheer Force is otherwise left with very little to abuse.

EV

Banned deucer.
How does Sheer Force interacts with the new effect of the moves? It doesn't boost the move with negative sides effects, so Power-Up Punch, or even Metal Claw, for example, would no longer be boosted. But it does boost moves with positive effects, so Draco Meteor would now be boosted(lol it now hits a fearsome 26 base power). About moves that raise an opponent stats, I guess they can still get the boost, considering that it can be treated as a positive effect if you use the move on a partner in a double battle, also because Sheer Force is otherwise left with very little to abuse.
"This Pokémon's moves with extra effects have 1.3× their power, but lose their extra effects.

An effect chance is a move's chance to inflict a status ailment, cause a stat change*, or make the target flinch in addition to the move's main effect. For example, Thunder Shock's paralysis is an extra effect, but Thunder Wave's is not, nor are Knock Off's item removal and Air Cutter's increased critical hit rate.

Moves that lower the user's stats are unaffected."

*does not imply positive or negative

So in my mind that means Sheer Force boosts Rock Smash, Icy Wind, and Mud-Slap (since they would cause a stat change), Nuzzle (which has a chance to inflict a status ailment), and Astonish (chance to flinch.) Draco Meteor/Superpower/Power Up Punch raise/lower your own stats, so they don't count.

It's completely broken on Nidoking either way, who can abuse STAB Mud-Slap, STAB Poison Sting, STAB Bulldoze, Icy Wind, Water Pulse, Rock Smash, Confusion, and Rock Tomb, letting it go purely Physical now or run a viable mixed set.

"This Pokémon's moves with extra effects have 1.3× their power, but lose their extra effects.

An effect chance is a move's chance to inflict a status ailment, cause a stat change*, or make the target flinch in addition to the move's main effect. For example, Thunder Shock's paralysis is an extra effect, but Thunder Wave's is not, nor are Knock Off's item removal and Air Cutter's increased critical hit rate.

Moves that lower the user's stats are unaffected."

*does not imply positive or negative

So in my mind that means Sheer Force boosts Rock Smash, Icy Wind, and Mud-Slap (since they would cause a stat change), Nuzzle (which has a chance to inflict a status ailment), and Astonish (chance to flinch.) Draco Meteor/Superpower/Power Up Punch raise/lower your own stats, so they don't count.

It's completely broken on Nidoking either way, who can abuse STAB Mud-Slap, STAB Poison Sting, STAB Bulldoze, Icy Wind, Water Pulse, Rock Smash, Confusion, and Rock Tomb, letting it go purely Physical now or run a viable mixed set.
Mud Slap is unaviable with Sheer Force, so Nidoking is left with Physical(which is better since it has 102 base attack and only 85 base satk).

Some sets i think would go well:

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Poison Sting
- Power-Up Punch
- Bulldoze
- Smack Down

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Whirlpool
- Mud-Slap
- Icy Wind

Dodrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rage
- Peck
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)