Other PranksterSwag Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coballion is used in conjunction with swagplay to remove shit that normally checks it.
The aim of the thread is to discuss how to play against parafusion not how to abuse it, anyway a better pokemon to abuse it is obviously calm mind gothitelle as it can trap all stall pokemon, set up without trouble, and kill at least 2 pokemon, give the way free for paraswag teamates.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The aim of the thread is to discuss how to play against parafusion not how to abuse it, anyway a better pokemon to abuse it is obviously calm mind gothitelle as it can trap all stall pokemon, set up without trouble, and kill at least 2 pokemon, give the way free for paraswag teamates.
Unless you're running trick choice cm or rest or some shit along those lines, it fails to do that. Pretty sure the point of the thread was to discuss the merits/flaws/answers to swag play as opposed to just answers lol.

Unless you're running trick choice cm or rest or some shit along those lines, it fails to do that. Pretty sure the point of the thread was to discuss the merits/flaws/answers to swag play as opposed to just answers lol.
Mmh, this is the set i have in mind for gothitelle :

Gothitelle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 8 SAtk / 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power (fighting)

Stall pokemon cannot do anything against it

Interesting. It may be able to trap the fairies, clerics who may cause pranksterswagg trouble. Unless they run roar/whirlwind or are called mandibuzz. Seems like a strong pokemon ant-stall in general but against offensive teams I would prefer to have ditto or another prankster.

So what can prankster use now instead of lucario as a clean up set up sweeper/finisher? Charizard or pinsir maybe? Or something like TTar who can benefit from the paralysis?

I know some people hate it but it would be cool if prankster became a thing just like stall or volt turn. Variety is usually good for (meta)games.

This is really funny guys. I would not be surprised if it was found that i was the maker of that team. Ever since gen v i can safterly say i have used this team the most on any server. I am a swagger foul play expert on all alevels. No hype just facts. Anyways this party cannot beat a chansey or blissey. If you plan on running a swagger foul play party always be sure to use a conkeldurr with your team. Thats one of the basics. also they work very well when hazards are up so they wont feel comfortable switching in and out to mess up your strategy. Sableye needs attract to make him deadly also. And remember that tornadus can use it too in conjunction with air slash to get those flinces whike in a sub.

This is really funny guys. I would not be surprised if it was found that i was the maker of that team. Ever since gen v i can safterly say i have used this team the most on any server. I am a swagger foul play expert on all alevels. No hype just facts. Anyways this party cannot beat a chansey or blissey. If you plan on running a swagger foul play party always be sure to use a conkeldurr with your team. Thats one of the basics. also they work very well when hazards are up so they wont feel comfortable switching in and out to mess up your strategy. Sableye needs attract to make him deadly also. And remember that tornadus can use it too in conjunction with air slash to get those flinces whike in a sub.
I've been lurking for some time, but I had to create an account just to say this:

There's a place in hell reserved for you.

(Just kidding, well done. If what you're saying is true, you've managed to create the most annoying team ever).

No, it was actually only to discuss ways to make this strategy less effective. That said, part of the way to do that is to find out what kinds of things swagplayers do to make their teams better, so the "counters" to those things can be properly discussed. But whatever it becomes, this thread was definitely not originally made to discuss how to make swagplay better. I consider the strategy a disease on the ladder that doesn't need to be banned, but does need to somehow be neutralized through community discussion meant to dig up teambuilding ideas that limit its effectiveness without ruining what would otherwise be your team's synergy.

Variety is usually good for (meta)games.
Uhh, tell that to the people who fell prey to the endless battle strategy. Variety isn't always good and I'd argue this is not a good form of variety given the nature of the strategy. It's not just because it's irritating; a good baton pass team is irritating, but it's not based on pure luck like swagplay, and it's not limited in scope like Jirachi/Togekiss paraflinch. Once you have your team with various extra things like ditto, it's pretty much autopilot. "Click swagger, click t-wave, click substitute, click foul play until sub is broken or confusion runs out," etc. You do have to occasionally switch in other things (like Conkeldurr for Blissey), but for the most part, any given swagplayer can deal with (almost) any given opponent which makes the swagplay strategy itself (i.e., the actual "swagger then t-wave then foul play") still autopilot.

Mmh, this is the set i have in mind for gothitelle :

Gothitelle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 8 SAtk / 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power (fighting)

Stall pokemon cannot do anything against it
Given its weakness to foul play and susceptibility to swagger and t-wave, it doesn't help that much. It takes 19-23% from foul play, more after a swagger, and has to worry about moving through confusion to boost. Even if it gets a rest off, it gets re-confused during sleep if not already confused, and continues taking foul play damage. It's definitely not bad, simply because it can 2HKO lots of swagplayers after a single CM, but it's unfortunately not a panacea.

While switching back and forth between certain mons may work, let's not forget that swagplay teams run a truckload of status moves, which have v high PP. Stalling out a swagplay team like that can take hours, which is not something anyone should have to face imo.
Given its weakness to foul play and susceptibility to swagger and t-wave, it doesn't help that much. It takes 19-23% from foul play, more after a swagger, and has to worry about moving through confusion to boost. Even if it gets a rest off, it gets re-confused during sleep if not already confused, and continues taking foul play damage. It's definitely not bad, simply because it can 2HKO lots of swagplayers after a single CM, but it's unfortunately not a panacea.
I'm pretty sure he brought up Gothitelle as a way of capitalising on obstacles to swagplay such as Blissey and Sylveon

Last edited:
While switching back and forth between certain mons may work, let's not forget that swagplay teams run a truckload of status moves, which have v high PP. Stalling out a swagplay team like that c,an take hours, which is not something anyone should have to face imo.

I'm pretty sure he brought up Gothitelle as a way of capitalising on obstacles to swagplay such as Blissey and Sylveon.
Yeah, that's what i meant, but nvm, that is not the topic of the thread

To be fair, Landorus-T smashes most parafusion tactics. Of course it's always going to be slightly luck based but EQ, Stone Edge and U-Turn hits most swagafusion mons nice and hard. It's also easy to switch out to a cleric / wall if needs be when not getting lucky just to reset boosts, heal etc.

I've been lurking for some time, but I had to create an account just to say this:

There's a place in hell reserved for you.

(Just kidding, well done. If what you're saying is true, you've managed to create the most annoying team ever).
Is probably not true. Nobody "created" paraswagg teams. Thats like someone saying he created stall. There have been people trolling others with para-swagg since forever. I have used those teams a lot myself and it is very natural to come up with deoxys as a hazards lead (to punish switching in and out) and to use a dangerous set up sweeper as finisher. The only thing that didn't occured to me was using ditto(I toyed once with unaware quagsire as a way to prevent swagger from backfiring, didn't realized how much better ditto was)

Is probably not true. Nobody "created" paraswagg teams. Thats like someone saying he created stall. There have been people trolling others with para-swagg since forever. I have used those teams a lot myself and it is very natural to come up with deoxys as a hazards lead (to punish switching in and out) and to use a dangerous set up sweeper as finisher. The only thing that didn't occured to me was using ditto(I toyed once with unaware quagsire as a way to prevent swagger from backfiring, didn't realized how much better ditto was)
Yeah ditto has realy a great synergy with paraswag teams, it's able to copy the given boosts and struggle the opponent's team, but it is not able to deal with huge wall as Blissey/chansey.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet, but I just discovered a great answer to Prankster spam: Gardevoir (the base form, not the mega, although you could just leave it unevolved). Basically, Gardevoir can come in on Foul Play or Substitute, trace prankster, and use Taunt or Encore to render the opposing Prankster completely useless. This doesn't work against all pranksters, though - Thundurus and Liepard still outspeed Gardevoir with their own prankster moves and can give it trouble. It's most useful against teams that just pack one prankster, because that one prankster is generally Klefki, who Gardevoir has no problems with at all.

Okay, if anyone came to this thread wondering how to USE this strat:
  1. Close out of Pokemon Showdown
  2. Delete any and all browsers you have
  3. Uninstall PS if you have it installed
  4. Never play again
On a more serious note, Sylveon is amazing versus these teams, many of them are dark type and Hyper Voice hits straight through Substitute. It OHKOs things like Liepard and Murkrow. Strong ExtremeSpeeds from things like Lucario, Dragonite, and Genesect can screw over these teams because of its +2 Priority that ignores Prankster.

Sylveon alone combined with a VoltTurner or two is alone enough to beat this strategy, IMO if you're looking for a very easy way to combat Prankster Swagger while using a 100% viable Pokemon and moveset, Sylveon is your best bet.
THANK THE LORD

What set would you recommend for a good set for sylveon?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
To be fair, Landorus-T smashes most parafusion tactics. Of course it's always going to be slightly luck based but EQ, Stone Edge and U-Turn hits most swagafusion mons nice and hard. It's also easy to switch out to a cleric / wall if needs be when not getting lucky just to reset boosts, heal etc.
Ditto loves copying a +2 landoge

0- Atk Sableye Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 202-238 (52.8 - 62.3%)

He also takes 30% from confusion after swagger. Probably not the best choice
THANK THE LORD

What set would you recommend for a good set for sylveon?
For anti-swag (though I find it also works well in general) I'd recommend 252HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef, bold. Don't forget the 0 Atk IVs too.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet, but I just discovered a great answer to Prankster spam: Gardevoir (the base form, not the mega, although you could just leave it unevolved). Basically, Gardevoir can come in on Foul Play or Substitute, trace prankster, and use Taunt or Encore to render the opposing Prankster completely useless. This doesn't work against all pranksters, though - Thundurus and Liepard still outspeed Gardevoir with their own prankster moves and can give it trouble. It's most useful against teams that just pack one prankster, because that one prankster is generally Klefki, who Gardevoir has no problems with at all.
You just found the most random use for Megakazam ever.

well gardevoir has better things to do than using encore or taunt...

Yeah, I'm noticing a trend in this thread. People are looking for incredibly gimmicky and costly sets as long as they can deal with prankster. This thread, by now, should have ended with this summary:

While PranksterSwag teams run rampant, a good idea is to run a Blissey or Chansey, which does not take any abuse from this technique. It can switch in, heal all previous paralyzed members, and then stall it, while doing great damage via Seismic Toss. There are many other ways of dealing with it, but most of those require strange and hard to use movesets that likely aren't worth it. This strategy may or may not be a trend, so always consider it when building a team.

Are they really that popular as to make sure you always have to consider it when building a team? I guess we should see if klefki/liepard/sableye usage has gone up this month. I don't think is THAT popular.

In addition to this, it only works once in a match. If the Prankster switches out and comes back in later, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)