Pre-Set Legendaries?

Hi guys, ive just been SR for some legendaries mainly on emerald but across the board and yesterday i came up with an exact dupe of a legendary that i had just caught! think it was a groudon. i put it down to chance (im talking all 6 stats the same and the same nature).

but its just happened again today chasing a Latios. i know the stats were exactly the same as i had already entered them into an IV calculator.. so are legendaries "pre made" just lots of variations or are they "really" randomly generated in terms of stats?

hm im not convinvced on the lati IV's being fixed as ive seen a massive range, especially on HP, ranging from like 140-157@ lvl50 and spd from 10-30!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hi guys, ive just been SR for some legendaries mainly on emerald but across the board and yesterday i came up with an exact dupe of a legendary that i had just caught! think it was a groudon. i put it down to chance (im talking all 6 stats the same and the same nature).

but its just happened again today chasing a Latios. i know the stats were exactly the same as i had already entered them into an IV calculator.. so are legendaries "pre made" just lots of variations or are they "really" randomly generated in terms of stats?
Every game has a preset list of IVs for wild pokemon. In Emerald's case, it's the cause of the RNG that gave you two exact legends. Emerald's RNG starts with 0 I think, and you activated the legend at the same time as you did before, causing the IV equality, I believe.

An example of two exact legendaries would be TheMantyke's and sandman's Groudon, or my and kingbattlus' Regice

Look at loadingNOW's analysis in C&C. Also, legendary equality can happen in the other games. I met 2 exact Gentle Groudons in Ruby before.

ahh i see, its just strange because it can come out with a high iv'ed Quirk but when its modest it will be lame:/ witha big hole in 1 or 2 of it stats.

Jibaku, I have the same Regice as you as well (isn't yours your brothers?) and there's one more, though I don't know (remember) who it is.

maybe but i have been soft reseting all his morniong and have the best 3 in my trade thread see below. they do have different IV#s an nature.s

Lati@s that is running around has its IVs determined at the beginning of the game but the Lati@s that you get with the Eon Ticket has its IVs set each time you battle it - you can soft reset.

The Latis and Dogs have their IVs preset at the beginning of the game.
Not true, the Dogs' IVs and Natures are set when you fix the trading machine by giving Bill's friend (can't remember his name) both the Ruby and Sapphire plates. If you save before you give him the second plate, you can SR for the Dogs and they will have random IVs and Natures.

Not true, the Dogs' IVs and Natures are set when you fix the trading machine by giving Bill's friend (can't remember his name) both the Ruby and Sapphire plates. If you save before you give him the second plate, you can SR for the Dogs and they will have random IVs and Natures.
Celio is the name of the guy. Anyways I have heard from all over that even if you SR it still gives you shitty IVs. Something like 20+/ 7 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0

interesting just caught 2 mews with Bold #151 Mew: 20 - 23 / 24 - 26 / 24 - 26 / 27 - 29 / 20 - 23 / 27 - 29 (metalkid calc) within 5 mins of SR.

Celio is the name of the guy. Anyways I have heard from all over that even if you SR it still gives you shitty IVs. Something like 20+/ 7 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Yeah, they're not worth trying for except for Pokedex completion and personal use. This is why we need Gold/Silver remakes. We'll have much better dogs out on the market.

Game bugs aren't all bad though. Ever since the internal battery on my Emerald went dry, the BP betting guy in the Battle Frontier has been perpetually betting on double battles in the Battle Tower. So I just loan him the cash, beat the first 7 challengers, get my 30 BP back, enter again and DQ myself, and repeat. This has been a godsend for buying tutor attacks :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)