Metagame PU Squad Dump

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
- Defog

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard

Sandslash-Alola @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash

Just a cool team I put together maybe a week ago. I wanted to try out Lycan + Tspikes with some momentum gainers. Lycanroc is a mon that has been on the come up. It forces a ton of switches and has great coverage between Stone Edge, Sucker Punch & Drill Run. Great speed tier, Powerful signature Z move, ect. Weezing covers the fighting types, chips things with helmet, cripples physical attackers with Will-o, and is a reliable T-spiker. I've been loving Silvally-Dragon as of late, with the decrease in Clefairy's. It can semi-check Kingler and switch into bulky waters like Lanturn, Poliwrath, Qwilfish, ect. It is also the teams Hazard control. Scarf rocks offensive Mesprit is yet another fighting check, but can also gain momentum. On paper scarf rocks seems like an odd set, but you'd be surprised how often you can actually force a switch and set rocks up. Healing wish also helps out Lycan.

I kind of hit a road block after adding Mesprit. Aurorus is obviously a huge problem for the first four so I decided that a hail core might help out with that, along with adding some more speed control in Sandslash-alola. You can always swap out Aboma for Aurorus if you would like, but I just like Aboma's dual stab better + the priority.

So yeah hope you guys enjoy the team :] I thought I had saved more replays but heres a little showcase of the team in action!

Birb Stall

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Frost Breath
- Roost
- Defog
- Substitute

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Roost
- U-turn
- Reflect

Pyukumuku @ Ghostium Z / Poisonium Z
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Spite / Block
- Soak

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Stall isn't nessessarily something I build too often as I prefer offensive playstyles but I feel like this build works quite well in this meta. Articuno is able to deal with Bulky CM Oricorio-Sensu which is often a big threat to stall and it can also Defog on a lot of Special Attacking rockers. Altaria is there mainly to act as a secondary defogger that is able to beat Regirock 1v1 and also take on threats like Combusken. Natu prevents Spikes and Toxic Spikes from Qwilfish and Weezing as well as Stealth Rock from some rockers such as Clefairy and Defensive Mesprit. Pyukumuku deals with a variety of threats and set up sweepers including CM Clefairy, SD Kingler and SD Lycanroc. Regirock offers a good Normal resist for Pokemon like Stoutland and Kangaskhan as well as being able to take on Pyroar well. Audino is a blanket special wall for special attackers like Swanna and Haunter as well as being able to pass wishes to the rest of the team.

Tailwind Volbeat Balance

Volbeat @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Encore
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Iron Tail

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Mesprit @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Protect

Poliwrath @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

I like using tailwind teams for reqs, because they let you run slower and bulkier hard-hitting mons, which can punish fatter playstyles, while still having a nice offense matchup thanks to the clutch speed boost.

Volbeat is a defensive pivot that answers to fighting types and most neutral physical mons while helping against setup with prio Encore and of course Tailwind.
Aggron is the team's primary tailwind abuser, outspeeding all relevant non-scarfers with the boost and 1hkoing most of the tier with Head Smash. Iron Tail helps against Mudsdale which is nice to be able to chunk.
Victreebel is a really underrated threat with a great typing offensively and defensively, and the departure of Ferroseed means its free to run one of its many utility options in its last slot. I played around with Acid Spray and Leaf Storm, but eventually went with Sleep Powder to make it extra annoying. This mon is my main anti stall tool, as with its good STABs, power, immunity to poison, recovery, sludge bomb poisons and sleep crippling it pressures common builds immensely.
Hitmonchan is a special sponge and hazard removal, you know how this goes. Opted for Ice punch to chip the bulky ground types that also irritate Aggron.
Mesprit sets up rocks and sponges a few hits from either side of the spectrum. I found I never got or really wanted to click Healing Wish, so I tried out protect with lefties, which actually gave Mesprit impressive longevity, way better ability to take special hits and able to scout stuff and stomach the occasional Z-move.
Poliwrath gives me a fire resist along with another important Water and Ice resist, and another bit of prio to help with faster teams. Waterium helps chunk Mesprit and Qwfil, which is useful for the team. It's kinda weak, but this is more of a defensive than offensive choice.

Anyway have some replays, a fun team imo!

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I built a lot of teams I loved during seasonal so dumping the ones i like here. Note these are all the pre drops

https://pokepast.es/db06a182053666d5
This team is dumb but i really like it. That mawile lured gastro and ferro while wearing down weezing and in general chipping well since no1 hards pyroar on SF mawile. Dual hazards ferro was my fav mon and that sensu set hadnt died yet, and agility is always a nice unexpected tool though fatsensu probably fits better since the team is weak to fight. Av silvally champ mon. It won with agili kingler I think in part due to mawiles breaking

https://pokepast.es/3975c19931d69c83
Team monowalled by ferro. At this time in the meta both meganium and seviper were valid choices as viper has potential to reck any fat core (ye tomb is annoying) and played well off of people over relying on hitmonchan as a special tank since u actually wall it. That meganium set is stupidly annoying as weezing cant switch into you since subseed stalls. Beyond that you really have to run fire punch regi or something. Av is a fine filler item on kang and the team was built at the start of CM mes revival. Its a pretty flawed team but one of my favs bc it has two of my fav mons and some dumb sets i really like plus is undefeated in ssnl

https://pokepast.es/31fd95945e559d3a
I liked the idea of that cac set as you can guranatee a layer, cripple ferro/clef, kill lead pyroar and more, though I probably should have destiny bond. Felt the mon went well with crotomb which is an amazing mon and cac tricks clef/gurdurr. Most of the mons kinda flowed as pyroar could also abuse clef, and that gastro set is actually really cool with a team that can cripple/kill clef, and surprisingly annoying to deal with as u sub up on a load, like other gastro and chan and you actually beat ferro lol. Again has flawed but i really liked it (haxed victory then i didnt use much more)

https://pokepast.es/eb284969a3869210
This is my favourite since its fun and probably better than the rest. That cradily set is pretty deadly since auroras can't switch in and aside from gurdurr/auroras (before big cb aggron hype) after a few curses its shockingly hard to stop. Dog is a cool partner at chipping gurdurr and stuff like weezing with the next few mons helping my fighting type matchup and adding more blanket checks. The team is pretty auroras weak and I think i want iron tail skunk over boom. In seasonal it destroyed the cm mes/haunter team on matchup alone.

https://pokepast.es/dcb580bdb6877091
Double Dance tort was amazing near the end of the meta with all the scarf toge spam (not to mention it can still tank ape), and with aggron rising not only giving it set up but also making weezing worse/less bulky. Band skunk was the best pokemon in the tier at the time while in general being great at chipping things and welcoming mons like regi tort sets up on. Regi probably fits better than costa but kinda like the ice resistance, and jynx is a rly nice breaker which was picking up usage again. In the game tort had a good mu but I misplayed with it then allowed silv to get weakened which is the teams fight check (ye kinda dong team vs fights but good premise)

https://pokepast.es/373e5b523fe7e703
Scarf ramp godmon, in this game it lead and ohko'd a pyroar lol. Crotomb again is pretty underrated and tang plus claydol work well together in help checking aggron and the like. Claydol is a severely underrated mon btw esp now that skunk isnt overwhelmingly the best mon in the game. Idk why there's a seviper there but I wanted to add a breaker but Ig any mon could really fit - I think i wanted a less mainstream bc auroras and the gang were getting counter teamed more. Than chan set is jokes and can play well with ramps breaking.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-389508

Ones I only OK-liked
https://pokepast.es/9aab6465bd1d4cce - agilicuno is cool bc it outsped scarfers and it coulda won the game had I calc'd
https://pokepast.es/907ecf50511c3884 - SD ghostvally is amazing but this team is horsedong
https://pokepast.es/c726da613d84b8c6 - massive gimmick team but its complete dong. BD goose is really underrated however, and in seasonal it swept amberllamps despite me being in a very disadvantages point bc he allowed it to set up, showing how deadly this mon can potentially be.

Yeah ik a lot of them you can say I was being 'creative' for the sake of being creative, but it was really fun to build/play with in seasonal and why I didnt use that kinda stuff in PUPL

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi

SubSeed Exeggutor-K + Toxic Spikes
Exeggutor @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Protect

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Combusken @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Air Slash

Definitely the funnest team to use out of all of these, built around Harvest SubSeed Kantonian Exeggutor. Ultra-outdated by now; none of these Pokemon rose or anything, but this was just built a long time ago and likely doesn't stack up to today's meta. Proud of Defog Combusken, innovated it a long time ago and seems like a cool tech even today. If you see a Mesprit, just click x.

Primeape + Haunter Spikestack
Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Haunter @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Regirock @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Natu @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Toxic
- Roost
- Reflect

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Knock Off

This one has a bit more of a chance right now if you tweak if up a bit (for example, Qwilfish over Ferroseed, EQ over Gunk Shot on Primeape, and playing around with Kingler's coverage.) Primeape + Haunter was a cool core I made a while back, beating stuff like Regirock, Mesprit, and Lanturn for each other. Thankfully Qwilfish has returned, the original team hard lost to Kingler and Gurdurr :psyduck:

CM Cloud Nine Golduck
Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Cloud Nine
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 200 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Shiftry @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Foul Play
- Defog

No, this is not BW, and yes, that is a Golduck. I built this for the PU Official Roomtour Invitational after scouting my opponent in replays and finding lots of Sand and Hail. Unfortunately I never got to actually bring this against either weather team (I brought this g1 and the opp brought something else, g2 I didn't bring this and the opp brought hail.) A couple cool techs in, well, Golduck, first off, as well as Choice Scarf Foul Play Shiftry for Archeops. Sadly this team's days are over, killed by both time and the fact that it's literally built around Golduck :blobnauseated: Only regret is that I never actually got to use this against the teams it was meant for :blobsad:

CB Skuntank + Combusken
Skuntank @ Choice Band
Ability: Aftermath
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Combusken @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Regirock @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Tangela @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Manectric @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Switcheroo

Premise of this was CB Skunk being a cool breaker, Combusken being a cool Pokemon, and them beating many of each other's answers, like Regirock, Mesprit, Lanturn, etc. This one could possibly still be usable (Qwilfish is a click x though), but was definitely fun to use at the time. Combusken, once again, has Defog, which is cool, and CB Skunk has gotten significantly better with the loss of Ferroseed, but I suppose Qwilfish coming back balances that out.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
hey I built some new meta teams (click on images)

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 5.53.07 PM.png
s/o UberSkitty for putting me on duosion even though it's not that good of a mon but it's fun to play around. The idea is I stacked duosion with a lot of dark-type checks or Knock Off Absorber, such as skunk, muddy, and rocky helm stallbreaker pom, so that I could pressure all those checks for a lategame sweep. Froslass is also a nice piece of support in that it can burn Skunk/Tomb and setup Spikes and then Scarf Kabu for the ez revenge killer.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 5.54.43 PM.png
Simple spikes HO build similar to the ones from the previous Qwilfish meta. Qwilfish sets up Spikes, Lass takes advantage of them with Hex and Spinblocks, Absol is really stronk and in general a lot of fun to use (Sucker w/ spikes support is ridiculous). Mesprit sets up rocks, Chan is a nice bulky tank spinner, and then I have Spex Manectric which is my bonermon and provides easy momentum to my breakers. No Scarfer b/c I have dual priority and a fast team.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 5.53.35 PM.png

This is a more balance type build with a bulky core of Lurantis/Weezing/Clef which can mostly cover each others weaknesses while also providing a decent amount of offensive ability. Pyroar is the best pokemon in the tier and acts as a speedy Taunt wallbreaker, I added Scarf Kabutops to revenge as usual, and then finally Band Ape because I have a soft spot for that set and it synergizes with Pyroar quite well.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello again! So with revamping this thread I'm only going to be including teams from after my team was posted, this is because every team before that wasn't totally accounted for when referring to the new drops. If you think that your team should be added and was before that, feel free to pm me though!

Hey so I built and rated a few teams, and I wanted to share what I think are my most solid builds.

Golden Years - David Bowie
Pyroar (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Skuntank @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Brave Bird
- Scald
- Defog

This has been a real favourite to ladder with in recent weeks, even letting me peak at a respectable 1570. I had originally built this team around a Firium Pyroar, but after encountering some trouble from the likes of Regirock, Poliwrath and a few stray Pyuku stall builds, I eventually got pissed off enough to change it to a Grassium set. The Mesprit + Lanturn core serves to set rocks and to pressure the majority of the tier defensively, specifically smacking stuff like Gurdurr and Aurorus, which would otherwise run through this team. Skuntank and Gurdurr both pressure Pyroar's checks in addition to each other's, whilst also providing the team with valuable checks to stuff like Oricorio-G and Lycanroc while also keeping the stall matchup pretty manageable. Swanna also appreciates Gurdurr and Skunk breaking down its checks for it, while also fixing the matchup versus SD Scyther, which is a huge pain for this team to deal with otherwise.

Unwashed And Somewhat Slightly Dazed - David Bowie
Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Keen Eye
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Drill Run

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Happiness: 0
Careful Nature
- Punishment
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Brave Bird
- Scald
- Defog

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

This was the one PU team that had emerged in the RMT room a few days ago. Unfortunately the user that had posted the team left before I could rate it. Selfish Bastard. I had been using the Lycanroc + Gurdurr core and I thought I would expand on that thought. Similarly to Lanturn and Mesprit, Type: Null and Mesprit basically walls the entire meta when paired together, except Type: Null has the ungodly ability to basically kill all momentum on the opposing side and then snipe Oricorio-G out of existence. The Type: Null set was shamelessly stolen from somewhere and really gave the team the momentum it needed. Mesprit, Swanna and Skunk do their usual shenanigans, but I've also been told to run Sucker Punch on Lycan, although the team isn't necessarily weak to Toge, so I left it as is. Lycan + Gurdurr with Pursuit support is generally stupid, as you basically trap everything that walls the combination of Lycan + Gurdurr (see: Mushy, although you're probably going to be crunching on it) and Tspikes support would've been even better, but unfortunately Weezing doesn't really fit here.

Big shoutouts to my bestie allstarapology who quality controlled these teams and for being the biggest fan.

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
you already know who it is, time to make this my 100th team in this thread except this one's actually fun to use and joey used it or smth so

I mainly used Drampa over something like Pyroar because we all know Pyroar's getting banned and I wanted to see how Drampa would fare at the moment. Qwilfish being used on a ton of teams alongside Clefairy not being as common and Hitmonchan not being as good are points in its favor, and it punches harder holes in teams than Pyroar does despite being a lot slower. Stealth Rock Aggron forms a terrifying wallbreaking core with Drampa that's honestly pretty troublesome for most defensive teams to play around, and having some pretty good defensive presence when you consider the physical bulk and typing without being completely passive is always nice. Chople Berry is better here because of the team's overreliance on soft Fighting checks, and because it's Jolly, you get the jump on Modest Aurorus, Lanturn, and Hitmonchan. Qwilfish is there because Spikes are good, residual damage is broken, being able to annoy Hitmonchan and physical Skuntank is nice, Destiny Bond + Taunt utility is also nice, not much else to say. Choice Scarf Mesprit is good Speed control, it's a nice secondary Fighting check, Trick / U-turn + Healing Wish support is always good to have around, checks Pokemon that would otherwise be a nuisance like Swanna. Swords Dance Shiftry is there purely because I love it and it loves Spikes, and Hitmonchan is just your typical Assault Vest set to keep threats like Pyroar and Aurorus from completely overpowering the team. 124 Speed EVs let you outpace Modest Aurorus and Jolly Aggron, will never pass up on that. Notable weaknesses are Bellossom, Swanna, and Choice Band Aggron, but I always lose to those, so.

Like I said before, I had fun both building and using the team, and I was on a sort of slump prior to making it, so I hope you enjoy using it!

https://pokepast.es/7683fc1910faaa88

Scyther Hail

I used this team to get reqs for both the Kingler and the Pyroar suspect. I think the team is notable due to how consistent it has been, even while being a extreme / usually matchup reliant team-style like hail. Over both suspects this team went 64-6 (two of the losses for kingler suspect were from my disconnecting - so even that number doesn't do it justice)

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

HENCH (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Wing Attack
- Roost

Qwilfish @ Waterium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab

Team is focused around getting rocks up and using alolashlash + qwillfish to apply offensive pressure and also stack hazards while keeping the opponents hazards off the field. Mesprit ties the team together and depending on the matchup, can either serve as a late game cleaner with scarf psychic/ice beam, or a utility mon to help gain momentum or provide healing wish support for a threat. Gurdurr is fuckin HENCH and with healing wish support can literally set up for itself to sweep later on by knocking off something like mesprit early game and then coming in late game after a hwish to 1v1 everything on the opp team.
Waterium-Z Qwill was my go-to Z-move user back in the old (glory days) qwillfish meta, and I've found it to be very usefull even still. Since you don't have a great way to punish chan (which is already a huge pain for hail) from coming in and spinning, Z-Water is a great way to catch chan by suprise early game. It's also incredible usefull for OHKOing Skuntank after rocks - or even just to avoid aftermath/helmet.
252 Atk Qwilfish Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Skuntank: 303-357 (87 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Qwilfish Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 265-313 (90.4 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

There is a good case to be made for running less Atk on Scyther and running more HP investment instead. My personal preference is to have the extra power to get some surprise KO's on stuff like Eel and Lanturn.
This team is usually best played with a "Hyper offensive" mindset, however with Roost on scyther, healing wish on mesprit, taunt qwillfish etc, you can sometimes play the team as more of a bulky offense build and still have success.
Since I have LO on slash, and only have 4 turns of hail (after switching) to do damage, I chose to go with Iron Head over swords dance. I like having a 100% accuracy move to reliably hit mesprit, sensu, etc. You also of course get suprise KO's on clef and regirock since they'll expect you to not have it. This is another personal preference that can be tweaked though if you find you need the breaking power SD provides.
On that note, Rocky helmet can be used on qwill to allow for Sandslash to have Z-Ice (or Z-Ground). If you go with this option i recommend taking away Qwill's attack investment and putting it into HP.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Run

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

EVs: 244 HP / 152 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scald
- Poison Jab
- Taunt
- Spikes

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

Hi! Ok, I know pyroar could be banned, and I'm not expecting you mods to put this in the top of the thread. But I've seen many people complaining in the room that there aren't enough samples or teams to "steal", and some friends also asked me what they could use for the suspect.

So here is a team to do the suspect, which is pretty standard imo. I built it on Dog+Cat, since a popular check to lycanrock is regirock. So pyroar+lycan take down regi together (they share a similar check in hitmonchan too) and are very fast. Then, for those who are used to PU, togedemaru scarf+mesprit+chan is super standard and check a ton of stuff together while providing a scyther check, AV tank, physical tank, stealth rock, rapid spin and momentum to the team. Qwilfish is the secondary fighting type check, toxic spikes absorber (Tspikes weezing is used quite a lot by ladder players), and spikes setter, which is crucial when using lycanrock to achieve Kos and a possible sweep. Spikes are just awesome in the tier anyway. Sucker punch lycan hits scarf mesprit/primeape/togedemaru/sandslash alola harder.

Quite standard, so I thought I could post it here as if pyro wasn't being suspected.

Glaceon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Snow Cloak
Modest Nature
- Celebrate
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Work Up

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Toxic

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Mesprit @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Here's the squad I used to get reqs for the Pyroar suspect test. I wanted to use Glaceon and Z-Celebrate is its only decent-ish set, as far as I know. Its movepool and Speed are pretty trash but at +1 it outspeeds and OHKOs or 2HKOs most mons. The rest of the team was largely built to cover Glaceon's many weaknesses so it has great type synergy, meaning that I've got a switchin for just about everything. SubPunch Poliwrath checks/counters physical attackers such as Lycanroc, Sandslash-Alola and Aggron. It forces plenty of switches so getting behind a sub and doing some damage is pretty easy to do. Golurk is a spinblocking Rocker with decent defensive typing and great offensive presence. I especially like its ability to threaten Mesprit and Skuntank. Silvally-Dragon is a threatening offensive Defogger and pivot. I love being able to drop a Draco and then PShot out. Mesprit is my only switchin to special attackers and acts as a fighting check. Most of my team is pretty slow so TWave is really helpful. My team isn't too dark weak so I decided to try Sitrus Berry over Colbur. Togedemaru acts as speed control and a late game cleaner and has nice resists to Flying and Ice and a nifty Electric immunity.

This is by no means a top tier team but I've been pleasantly surprised at how well it has performed so far and not just because it's built around Glaceon. I never thought Golurk was very good and SubPunch Poli always seemed like a sub par set to me but both have more than pulled their weight.

Here's a replay against a pretty standard looking team. Everyone except Poli contributes here.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-796300624
Here's one where Glaceon does some serious damage
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-796980518

akaFila

butterscotch love
With the latest suspect dying down, figured I'd go ahead and drop the squad I carried through both tests:jynx:

Claiming preference in a more offensive approach to personal play style, the goal for this team out the gate was centered on the control/pressure of momentum. The hazard/speed control duo of Mesprit + Toge was the perfect way to lay a foundation. Of course these two U-turn abusers alone wouldn't have offered what I sought, so I expanded with the addition of Scyther. From here, hazard removal was clearly an issue. Spin/Fog was support was necessary and given the nature of the team, Silvally was an incredibly easy decision. Given a decent speed tier and the ability to abuse Parting Shot most of all, there's no reason to pass on it for say Hitmon or Skunk. At this point the team was as follows: Mesprit, Toge, Scyther, Silvally(No typing decided). With that I accomplished a momentum hungry lineup, with Scyther being the only threatening figure offensively in the sense of raw power(Toge clearly providing more of a threat in the speed game), and needed to cap of the team with complimenting slots to abuse the tactics. Originally I toyed with the idea of Kingler + ZPyroar only to ultimately scrap that concept in favor of the chance to give Omastar a run. Since the drop to PU, I felt Oma was heavily overlooked thanks in most part to Kingler being such a monster in the metagame as well as Oma's disgusting speed. That aside, I was intrigued to give the fossil baby a fair shot. The final slot felt pressured to be a physical beat stick of sorts, and thanks in part to the team's lack of love for opposing Pyroar, I eventually came to the decision of Gurdurr, a mon who could clearly cause problems via Bulk Up thanks to his teammates.

Quick Notes-
Scyther:
A slot I was extremely pleased with. While I was sacrificing the added bulk the evioDance set allows one to boast, I found the focus on turn one damage output playing into my gameplay with plenty more success.
Silvally-Ghost:
Not exactly the prime typing option given the presence of Mesprit only adding a potential issue with opposing darks, but having the spin blocking support as well as an excellent partner to Omastar(Who clearly would like to avoid fighting answers) made it worthwhile in the long run. Another slot I was surprisingly pleased with outcome-wise.
Omastar:
Adored this decision. Granted the lack of natural speed was a pain in the ass at times, but that's not too troublesome to work around thanks to Weak Armor. Originally was running with ZHyper Beam for the Kingler suspect in answer to the likelihood of Poliwrath being increased(Don't remember playing against many:mehowth:), but dropped that for StabZ come the recent suspect. Breakneck comes in handy for particular situations, but overall I felt much more comfortable running with Waterium-Z and filling that final slot with Earth Power.

Pyroar had a knack for being a major thorn for this team, but I will say most of the headache came from not being clear on the opposing set more than anything. Once there was an safe assumption/reveal, handling the threat wasn't nearly as bad.

Natural;
I'll probably add replays later;

Hello! I've decided to submit my first ever team here that I think works terrifically in the current meta (Team will be better once Pyroar leaves too!).

CM Spiritomb has always been my favorite wincon so I decided to build a hazard stack team with something quite unique in dual hazards Omastar. Omastar checks things like Scyther, Skuntank, Regirock, and Lycanroc and I find it to do its job fairly well while also having the added bonus of not being able to get crit thanks to shell armor. The Omastar/Spiritomb core is so strong due to how easily CM Spiritomb can overwhelm the opposing team once Omastar starts setting up Spikes/Stealth Rock. Hitmonchan is pretty standard; it's used to check things like Aurorus and Drampa and is the spinner of the team. It has stone edge for Scyther and enough speed for jolly Aggron if they are crazy enough to stay in. Now, here's what I like most about this team: AV Skuntank. Skuntank as an AV pokemon is REALLY good for beating CM Mesprit, Froslass, and Oricorio-Sensu and I highly suggest people try this set out. The added special bulk really comes in handy for taking strong special attacks from special attackers as well. It's also good for pursuit trapping Pokemon for Weezing and Hitmonchan to have a better chance at doing their jobs. Togedemaru is here to beat Oricorio-Sensu and Rotom-Frost and to act as a wish-passer for my AV mons. It can be changed to Toxic to beat Lanturn but U-turn is usually more useful to chip things with hazards. Finally, I needed something to deal with Gurdurr, so I added in Weezing to beat fighting types and to add even more hazards. Although the team might be kind of slow, I feel like Skuntank's Sucker Punch and Hitmonchan's Mach Punch is usually enough. I hope you have fun using this team!

Threat list:
CB Aggron: Aggron is broken. Nothing new here.
Oricorio-Pom-pom: If they are flyinium with taunt then you are pretty much outta luck. Toxic can be used on Togedemaru to play mind games with Oricorio, though.
Omastar and Gorebyss: If they shell smash on the right turn, you can pretty much lose on the spot. Be careful!

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-799131431
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-799403741
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-799371484

Team:
https://pokepast.es/be8d7b52ca9129c0

Last edited:
PU OFFENSE TEAM DUMP EXTRAVAGANZA!
This is just a big team dump with a mixture of different types of offense teams such as Hyper Offense and Bulky Offense. Some of these are really competitive teams and some just for shits and gigs I like to try on the ladder from time to time. Not gunna go into any detail about them but most of them are pretty self explanatory so have fun!

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Zing Zap

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 204 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Pinsir @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Earth Power

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane

Dugtrio-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Earth Power

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Drampa @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 160 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Zen Headbutt

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Lilligant @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Regirock @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt

Bellossom @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Careful Nature
- Punishment
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Primeape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Sandslash-Alola @ Icium Z
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Earth Power

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Zing Zap

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Facade

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 232 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Zing Zap

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Careful Nature
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Absol @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 244 HP / 140 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Absol @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Aggron @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Taunt
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock

Mesprit @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Revelation Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation

Qwilfish @ Poisonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- Liquidation

Volbeat @ Damp Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Encore

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Rain Dance

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Sandslash-Alola @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Gumshoos @ Choice Band
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Aggron @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Taunt
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Tangela @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 196 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Crabominable @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 236 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Close Combat

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Zing Zap

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Sludge Wave

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Combusken @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Sky Uppercut

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Scald

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Froslass @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Mudsdale @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 44 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Roost

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Drill Run
- Sucker Punch

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Absol @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Mudsdale @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 236 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Protect
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Run

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Exeggutor-Alola @ Metronome
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Trick Room
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Wormadam-Trash @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum
- Zen Headbutt
- Sucker Punch

Absol @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Zing Zap

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Strength Sap
- Sleep Powder

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Rapidash @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- High Horsepower

Togedemaru @ Terrain Extender
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Electric Terrain
- U-turn
- Toxic

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Electric Terrain
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Drifblim @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 40 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Carbink @ Mental Herb
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Relaxed Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Moonlight

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Exeggutor-Alola @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Poipole @ Eviolite
Ability: Beast Boost
Quiet Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Audino @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Healing Wish
- Trick Room

Shuckle @ White Herb
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- X-Scissor

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Absol @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Natu @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Protect
- Roost
- U-turn

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Counter
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Shuckle @ White Herb
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

Froslass @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Basculin @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Taunt

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Switcheroo
- Thunderbolt

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Shuckle @ White Herb
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Swoobat @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Golurk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Dynamic Punch

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Swoobat @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Zangoose @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Immunity
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite

Raichu-Alola @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Celebrate
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

Volbeat @ Lagging Tail
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Defog
- Roost

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dazzling Gleam

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Earth Power

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Hurricane

Absol @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Copycat
- Encore

Murkrow @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Mirror Move
- Protect
- Sucker Punch

Froslass @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower

Raticate-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Froslass @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Aurorus @ Never-Melt Ice
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry

Raticate-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit

Froslass @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Shiftry @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Rock Slide
- Defog

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Hakamo-o @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Combusken @ Firium Z
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Sky Uppercut

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Careful Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Sludge Wave

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Eevee @ Eevium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Last Resort
- Refresh
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Froslass @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Aggron @ Chople Berry
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Taunt
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Surf
- Brave Bird
- Hurricane
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Scald

Golurk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Aggron @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Raticate-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Double-Edge

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Floatzel @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch
- Liquidation

Regirock @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Froslass @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Zing Zap

Swirlix @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Endeavor
- Yawn

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stealth Rock

Poipole @ Eviolite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gourgeist @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Trick-or-Treat
- Phantom Force
- Frustration

Kabutops @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Endure
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Last edited:

CM Mesprit + CB Aggron Balance
This was a team built around CM Mesprit that has yet to have Mesprit actually sweep rip. Mesprit apprecaites Aggron's ability to break virtually everything in sight, and that it eats Skuntank for breakfast. Poliwrath and Clefairy form the defensive core of this team, covering threats like Aurorus and Aggron. Scyther was added for revenge killing since Primeape, Togedemaru, and Mesprit weren't options, and I have to say I'm liking it. Rotom-S was the final addition to provide Defog support (mostly for Scyther), act as a more reliable Gurrdur check, and Volt-Turn with Scyther.

CM+3 Attacks Mesprit can be used over SubCM, but I found SubCM more consistent so included it in the importable. In terms of threats the team does not like Dugtrio-A (but can pivot around it) or Sableye (Dazzling Gleam on Mesprit helps with this).

Replay (more coming soon™):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-813103316

THE KING IS HERE

Quagsire is a cutie with a nonchalant smile. He smiles not worrying about a care in the world and is blissfully unaware of his surroundings. These not so smart but relaxed amphibious Pokemon are tenacious to destroy and are the reason why they make their way onto many teams. Aggron cowers in fear at the sight of a Quagsire and Lycanroc runs to the hills knowing that their Splintered Stormshards will just tickle his arms and feet. He's come to play and is ready to make you proud by walling many many pokemon in the PU tier! Here are four teams with Quagsire that will make your opponent want to click the gracious X button to save them from their torment of facing this aquatic wall.

Quag and Friends

Quag Supports Our Birds

Quag Loves Drampa

Quag and Skuntank's Pursuit for Happiness

Last edited:
Huge shout out to The Jungle Fox for helping me make this team and write this post.

Pyukumuku Semi-Stall
Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Block
- Soak
- Recover

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Rest

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Pursuit

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Scald
This team was made for getting Pyuku out of ZU, and since I don't really like stall, I opted for semi-stall instead. But I don't know the PU meta very well (like, at all), so I started asking auths if that had a Semi-Stall team with Pyuku. None of them did. Eventually I came across Jungle Fox, who didn't have a team, but was willing to help me build one. We started off together, but then eventually he finished it by himself. Still really appreciate it. Here's a pastebin on how it went: https://pastebin.com/hjU9VCCD
Pyukumuku is the basis for this team. It blanket checks most set-up sweepers with Unaware, notably checking Shell Smash Omastar and SD Lycanroc. Also, although it's Taunt-bait, it's able to blanket check a lot of weak attackers such as Scarf Primeape and Scyther because of its good bulk.
Bronzor was chosen because it checks Psychic-types and some Ice-types Pyuk can't handle, such as Specs Aurorus and Substitute Jynx. It also acts as our Normal- and Flying-type resist with its good bulk and ability. Reflect was chosen over Stealth Rock because not only we have another rocker, but it also allows Bronzor to play mindgames versus Pursuit trappers such as Skuntank, so that they can't just eliminate it early-game.
Mudsdale serves as our rocker, Electric immunity and secondary Rock check, so that Bronzor doesn't get overloaded. Notably, it serves as a reliable Aggron switch in, who would otherwise run through this team, specially Taunt variants. Protect was choses because it eases on prediction and nabs Leftovers recovery or stacks Toxic damage, but Roar and maybe even Rest can be run.
Audino serves as Wish passer and cleric for the team, as well as Ghost immunity, which helps in the Haunter and offensive Oricorio-Sensu matchup. It also provides us a durable blanket special wall, checking pretty much every special attacker or at least pivoting into them.
Dodrio is used mainly as a revenge killer, checking things that the rest of the team may struggle against, such as Z-Lovely Kiss Jynx and Quiver Dance Lilligant. In general, it's just a strong and fast mon which eases the MU vs. Offense once things are weakened. Pursuit is more of a filler but may be useful when revenge killing some things. Be careful with prediction, though.
Finally we have Swanna, which acts as our defogger and Fighting-type resist. While not the most reliable - specially for a playstyle such as semi stall -, it's able to keep offensive pressure and do it's job, as the Fighting-types it can't come in are dealt with by Pyuk or Mudsdale.
Overall, although it has some weaknesses such as Fire-types, well played special Skuntank et cetera, this team is really solid and you should give it a go!

Last edited:
Qwilfish Spike Stacking Hyper Offensive

A reconstrunction of a team I made back in NU Alpha, so far it has been extremely effective for me. I've played 21 matches with it so far, and it has only lost twice, giving a +90% win record. On a fresh alt I went from 0 to 1407 in about 90 minutes, with a 79.5% GXE. Overall it's been a very solid team.

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion
- Taunt

Sandslash @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Exeggutor-Alola @ Dragonium Z
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Energy Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Substitute

Qwilfish: the suicide lead of my team, its job is to set up entry hazards and literally go out with a bang with Explosion. Spikes and Toxic Spikes help wear down the opposing team. Spikes are more helpful against offensive teams, while Toxic Spikes are more useful against stall. Taunt shuts down opposing hazard setters, walls, Defoggers and slower boosting sweepers. Explosion prevents the opponent from Rapid Spinning, and can bring in a teammate safely. It's very unlikely that's you'll get both layer of hazards up, so against offensive teams focus on Spikes, against stall focus on Toxic Spikes. The EVs simply maximise Speed and power. Focus Sash all but guarantees you at least one layer of hazards.

Sandslash: the Rapid Spinner. My team was weak to Electric types and I needed a Spinner, so Sandslash kills 2 birds with one stone. It can also scare out Aggron, which is hugely threatening right now. Stealth Rock is a more reliable hazard than Spikes and Toxic Spikes, so it's a useful backup - of course if you have the space there's nothing stopping you using all 3 hazards. Rapid Spin removes hazards from my side. Earthquake is the STAB move, Knock Off hits Spinblockers hard and has utility in crippling Eviolite reliant Pokemon like Tangela. The Speed EVs guarantee you outrun Adamant Aggron, with max Attack and the rest in HP for bulk.

Spiritomb: This serves the triple function of Spinblocker, stallbreaker and late game sweeper. It's the standard CroTomb set that's been with us for generations, and IMO it's the best set Spiritomb has. Calm Mind boosts Spiritomb's Special Attack and Special Defence, giving it power while simultaneously making it harder to kill. Dark Pulse it the chosen STAB, as unlike Shadow Ball nothing is immune to it. Rest restores Spiritomb's health and allows it to function as a status absorber. Sleep Talk lets it act while asleep. The EVs maximise physical defence, as it's boosting Special Attack and Special Defence with Calm Mind, they don't need investment.

Exeggutor-Alola: Exeggutor's main function is my main sweeper. It's the standard Trick Room set, the only difference was I went with Energy Ball instead of Leaf Storm as I wanted to have one STAB without drawbacks and Giga Drain was too weak. Draco Meteor is the strongest STAB; Dragonium Z turns it into a monstrously powerful Devastating Drake which also negates the drawbacks of Draco Meteor. Flamethrower hits the Steel types that resist Exeggutor's STABs, hitting the entire tire for netural damage. EVs maximise bulk and power - with this investment it can survive a Life Orb boosted Ice Shard from max attack Absomasnow from full HP most of the time: 252+ Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Exeggutor-Alola: 343-406 (87.2 - 103.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO.

Primeape: Primeape's main role is that of a revenge killer, although thanks to Defiant it can also deter Defog. Pretty standard stuff: Close Combat is the strongest STAB, U-turn lets it scout switchins and grab momentum, Gunk Shot hits Fairy types hard while Ice Punch hits Flying types hard. You could use Stone Edge, but the accuracy was a major turnoff for me. Not much else to say about it really.

Raichu-Alola: Raichu's main use is that of a wallbreaker, although it can sweep late game. It can also soft check Flying types, which is handy with Dodrio's recent drops. Nasty Plot boosts its average Special Attack, letting it hit hard. Thunderbolt is the main STAB, smashing Water and Flying types. Psyshock lets Raichu break special walls like Audino and defensive Lanturn. Substitute lets it avoid status and play mind games with Skuntank. EVs maximise Speed and power. I had to use a Life Orb as Exeggutor is using the Z crystal.

Qwilfish: running a bulkier spread and forgoing Explosion for Thunder Wave is a possibility - however, I find it has bad synergy with Toxic Spikes.
Spiritomb: You could run its standard Pursuit trapper set if you need a Raichu-Alola check, or just a Pursuit trapper in general.
Sandslash: Golem could go in its slot, but then you'd have to dedicate another slot to hazard removal.
Exeggutor-Alola: Quiver Dance Lilligant might work instead, but it has worse bulk and much worse coverage. You could give Exeggutor a Life Orb instead of the Dragonium Z, but that makes Draco Meteor far less reliable.
Primeape: Band is a possibility if you want more power and don't care about revenge killing stuff.

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Right, I wanted to showcase a Dodrio set that wasn't just the Swords Dance set because the other ones have merit too, so I decided to go with the set I've been enjoying the most: Choice Band, which makes Dodrio instantly terrifying without needing to set up. Dodrio and Floatzel make a nice offensive core, easily ripping through one another's checks. Floatzel's only Waterium Z because I didn't know where else to stick the Z-Move and was adamant about using Choice Band Dodrio, and despite Life Orb being more consistently powerful, having a nuke that doesn't miss is nice. Gurdurr is still a good setup sweeper despite all the Jellicent and Qwilfish running around, and it really appreciates having stuff like Weezing and Tangela torn down by Dodrio. Gurdurr also takes on physical attackers like Hitmonchan, Lycanroc, and Kangaskhan, and having Mach Punch is cool for sniping hail cores. Mudsdale gives the team a more reliable switch-in to Aggron, Stealth Rock, a Volt Switch immunity, a soft Scyther and Dodrio check, you get the picture. Choice Scarf Mesprit is solid for keeping faster threats in check, cripples fat stuff with Trick, pivots, Healing Wish, typical Mesprit things. Lastly, I went with Alolan Sandslash to mitigate the weakness to Aurorus, non-Hidden Power Fire Lilligant, and Bellossom. Alolan Sandslash is also the team's hazard remover and can annoy Jellicent with Toxic + Protect. Jellicent seems like a problem, though a lot of the team can pressure it in one way or another, and stall is sort of a lol matchup, but it's a fun team that I hope you'll all enjoy.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-816984711 - not just blowing smoke here

Sunflora @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Quiet Nature
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Carbink @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Sunny Day
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Mesprit @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Trick Room
- Sunny Day

Flareon @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Sleep Talk

Turtonator @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam

Solrock @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sunny Day
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Sunflora SunRoom Offense
I wanted to use Sunflora successfully and given that it has Solar Power and 30 base Speed, Sun+Trick Room seemed like the best way to support it. With both active, Sunflora can often outslow and OHKO every member of an opponent's team with Solar Beam. Flareon is similar in this regard, although it is less reliant on Sun. However, it has to be played more carefully since its middling speed tier means that there are plenty of mons slower than it. Flare Blitz recoil also wears it down pretty quick. It's honestly pretty trash and is the weakest link of this team but I've always wanted to use Banded Flareon in the Sun so it's on here. Turtonator doesn't hit as hard as Sunflora or Flareon but it's still not easy to switch into and unlike those two, it can take some hits. The other 3 mons shouldn't require explanation as they are just there to get up rocks and set Sun and TR.
This is a pretty gimmicky team but it is very satisfying when it is successful.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-805812991
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-803427380
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-805815766

Last edited:
Flying Spam Bulky Offense

I recently made a post on PU squad dump with a bunch of Quagsire teams and this one has been getting me a lot of wins. This team is easy to use, standard, and has a nice volturn core in Bulky Scyther + Choice Specs Lanturn that I think most people will enjoy.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick

Lurantis @ Grassium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Defog
- Superpower

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance

EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
Once I found out about the new drops, I decided to build around Quagsire + Dodrio as they partnered exceptionally well together. Quagsire is here to wall Aggron and Lycanroc as they are very problematic to my flying type Pokemon. It opts for Earth Power over Earthquake because it gets the KO on Aggron and damages Qwilfish more after intimidate. Quag also helps the team better deal with the rain match-up and Alolan-Sandslash. Originally, I was going to use Flyinium Z Dodrio, but the team was really slow when I first made it so I opted to use scarf. No one really expects scarf Dodrio and thanks to its amazing speed tier, it allows you to outspeed Kabutops under rain, Alolan-Sandslash under hail, and pretty much everything. This really lets it shine and makes a late game sweep with either Frustration or Brave Bird highly likely to happen. Lurantis is my first form of hazard removal and it acts as my immediate Mudsdale and Regirock switch-in. Grassium Z lets it nuke something without having to boost first and it allows you to kill Clefairy after you get a +2 with leaf storm. Bold + 48 speed EVs are used to outspeed neutral base 50's like Audino, Eelektross, and invested Drampa. Scyther is the wincon of the team and acts as a way to beat grass types that are troubling for Quagsire. While building this team, I noticed something: Aurorus is a huge problem to face against. Sandslash-Alola used to be a Type:Null, but then I realized I had no hazards and very limited hazard removal in Lurantis. This is when I figured out that Sandslash-Alola was perfect for this team. It acted as a Blizzard switch-in, allowed the team to have a secondary form of hazard removal, and gave me stealth rocks all in one. Sandslash also helps the team beat Oricorio-Sensu and defensive Mesprit. Lastly, I added Choice Specs Lanturn to help break down physical walls and bulky Rock and Ground types. Lanturn also acts as an Electric immunity besides Quagsire which this team needs. This team is solid and I hope you have fun using it if you try it out!

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Return
- Knock Off

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Sucker Punch

OP (Claydol) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Zing Zap
- U-turn

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/d3346d915052880f

DodriniumZ offense
Hello PU! Here is one of the future sample teams featuring toptier threats!

Alright, as you may know I'm a huge dod enthusiast atm, so here is my favourite team: DodriniumZ offense. The concept is simple: weaken regirock via dodrio, then sweep with lycanrock. Actually never happens that way but who cares. Claydol provides role compression (rocks+spin) and 1 fighting resist; weezing is the 2nd fighting resist and lays tspikes which help lycanrock and dod a lot vs mudsdale and fat shit. Togedemaru spdef is my go-to lanturn, aurorus, birds switchin (kinda shaky eh) and forms a nice core with weezing. Cacturne is here because. Because. Hum. Oh yeah because jellicent :] Seriously you won't find a better replacement, it checks quag/jelli, lures skuntank for weezing, and provides speed control with a stronkkk suckerpunch. It outspeed jolly aggron too. If you suspect your oppo to be using Specs icebeam jelli ALwaYs go togedemaru they fear cacturne so much man that it's like jelli has got only one move.

Have fun, don't ban dod, dod is life ;))

Ranking on the meme scale (S rank=broken unfun teams, D=assist teams): I would go for B+, as long as they dont outplay you every turn with stoutland and dodrio its fine

asa

PU Leader
Don't usually post here, but I made a team that I've been proud with recently and thought 'why not?'

Setup Spam Hyper Offense

Prior to building, I felt that I should explore hyper offense more, as it's typically something I don't like to mess around with due to the sheer amount of times prediction and skill are absolutely required to ensure victory. Once I noticed how effective it can be at the moment, I gave in. Aurorus's good offensive presence and utility options made it my go-to choice for a lead, and automatically swapping the weather to hail can be useful for temporarily annoying rain teams. Next, I picked Alolan Sandslash, which is basically the peanut butter to Aurorus's Nutella. Dangerous setup sweeper under hail that can also clear the field, and almost no Ghost-type besides Jellicent really wants to switch into it, especially at +2. I experimented with Adamant Groundium Z sets to lure and KO Jellicent, and Shuca Berry could also work over Life Orb to have some insurance against opposing hail cores while still having decent utility outside of hail. Choice Scarf Dodrio is a solid revenge killer, outpacing and KOing common Choice Scarf users like Togedemaru, Kabutops, and Primeape. Being able to outspeed Lycanroc as well as tank an unboosted Accelerock and Sucker Punch is notable, as it's a pretty big threat to the team. Omastar is a phenomenal setup sweeper that also exploits otherwise annoying Normal-types like Kangaskhan as well as other attackers like Skuntank and mono-Hurricane Oricorio formes. Lilligant gives the team a reliable way to deal with Jellicent and is also just a deadly setup sweeper in general. Lastly, Oricorio-G sort of ties the team together by being a good spinblocker, stallbreaker, and setup sweeper.

Oricorio-E is honestly a fine option over Oricorio-G if you want another Flying check that can exploit Eelektross and isn't weak to Dark, as spinblocking isn't really all that useful here, but it's still nice to have. The only annoying weaknesses are Jellicent and Lycanroc, but the former can be pressured in multiple ways, while the latter doesn't safely switch into anything besides Oricorio-G and Choice-locked Dodrio, although if you preserve Aurorus and Alolan Sandslash, you can handle it well.
e: hp rock on lilli is also kool if you want to snipe cuno
Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 12.46.22.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)