Tournament PUPL VI - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PUPL VI Playoffs

:ss/carkol: vs :ss/meowstic-m:
Vroom Vroom Carkols (5) vs The Magic Meowstic!!! (3)
SS: Star vs termi
SS: Feliburn vs bugzinator
SS: keppy vs MZ
SM: LordST vs Specs
SM: twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx vs Raichy
ORAS: MrAldo vs TSR
BW: EviGaro vs Lilburr
DPP: GeneralAnnoyance vs brewfasa

:sm/dedenne: vs :sm/claydol:
Destructive Dedennes (0) vs Clairvoyant Claydols (6)
SS: Osh vs Ktütverde
SS: Skysolo vs TJ
SS: HJAD vs Procopius
SM: soulgazer vs yandaud
SM: Finchinator vs Skipkan
ORAS: Teddeh vs lighthouses
BW: tko vs Lambovino
DPP: Djokra vs Brandon

The deadline for this week is Sunday, August 9th, 11 PM EST. Extensions will not be given. Replays are 100% required, all matches will be null and void without them. If you have given me a banner, please format them to about the same size as the shown gif and I will gladly add them in.
Additionally, the player ranking sheet can be found here.

All recent bans are included, regardless of if the teambuilder has updated fast enough. It is the player's responsibility to ensure that their teams are up-to-date and legal.

Last edited:
unbiased predicts

Vroom Vroom Carkols (6) vs The Magic Meowstic!!! (2)
SS: Star vs termi - both are great players, if termi can keep her nerves under control it will be close
SS: Feliburn vs bugzinator - this predict will change in real time if feliburn ends up bringing unviable dogshit against bugzi
SS: keppy vs MZ - hl match. both are very skilled and highly motivated, this should be very close
SM: LordST vs robjr - this one should be close too.
SM: twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx vs Raichy - i really underestimated trixx's ability to win games. this should be a great game to watch
ORAS: MrAldo vs TSR - really haven't been impressed with either, but tsr has shown more playing consistency so i'll give him the edge
BW: EviGaro vs Lilburr - evi is so good
DPP: GeneralAnnoyance vs brewfasa - dpp support has been rough for meowstics so far. small edge.

Destructive Dedennes (2) vs Clairvoyant Claydols (6) - the outcome hugely depends on dedennes' motivation to win, they really need to put effort into building new oldgen teams this week or they're going to get run over.
SS: Osh vs Ktütverde - not bolding the best ss player in the tour would be a crime
SS: Skysolo vs TJ - teeeee jay is better and more experienced but he will need to keep his nerves under control
SS: HJAD vs Procopius - haven't seen proco play in ages and time will tell if he finds his groove in the new meta
SM: soulgazer vs yandaud - sg is amazing, but this might be closer depending on how much effort each side dedicates to prepping
SM: Finchinator vs Skipkan - ITS FINK DUMBASS hl match. skip will likely have the upper hand in mu
ORAS: substitute vs lighthouses
BW: tko vs Lambovino - lambovino should be more motivated so he gets a slight edge
DPP: MetalGro$$ vs Drud - drud doesn't use sample teams. massive edge.

gl to everyone!!!

Last edited:

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Unbiased:
Vroom Vroom Carkols (4) vs The Magic Meowstic!!! (4)
SS: Star vs termi 60-40, Star has been solid and we are already far enough to say he should be up to date.
SS: Feliburn vs bugzinator 40-60, been following bugzi in PU a lot and he keeps improving all the time. Tight pairing, but i believe Bugzi will have better prep overall.
SS: keppy vs MZ 35-65, if MZ can keep his nerves together, he should take this with 0 over predictions, bcs who does those?! Rooting Keppy to take it home. Both very updated about the meta meaning this can be very cool MU for some naughty techs or super boring standard game, bcs of the spot in the finals.
SM: LordST vs robjr 55-45, LST keeps getting hotter and hotter week after week. I assume he learned his lesson vs. yandaud and wont try counter team Rob
SM: twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx vs Raichy 40-60, raichy overall in long term more solid than Trixx, but im huge believer Trixx will pull a rabbit out of his sleeve and out tech Raichy at some point of game. But is that enough to clean? We will see it later on the week.
ORAS: MrAldo vs TSR 55-45, Tightest pairing imo for this week. Could go either way, but Aldo should take this more often than TSR
BW: EviGaro vs Lilburr 70-30, BW PU main Lily is definitely capable of surprising Evi here, but evi does have huge upper hand in this pair. Evi has been extremely solid through the tour
DPP: GeneralAnnoyance vs brewfasa 45-55, another really tight one. Believer of Brewfasa continuing his hot streak

Breaker:
SS: Star vs Bugzinator 45-55, Bugzi should be able to create new solid team in few days to fit better his style, he gets the edge
SM: LordST vs Robjr 55-45, rematch from week and LST prolly just recycles another team he is used to already
SS: Feliburn vs MZ 45-55 OR BW: Evigaro vs. Lilburr 60-40, MZ prolly builds again during this week 10 SS teams and picks the most solid from there and counter techs feli somehow. If the breaker game is evi-lily, lily gets an extra 10% bcs of the info from earlier game from the week. Evi should still get the W from here

Destructive Dedennes (4) vs Clairvoyant Claydols (3)
SS: Osh vs Ktütverde 35-65, Ktut been solid himself and keeps doing his thing, solid edge
SS: Skysolo vs TJ 40-60, Skysolo can surprise here, but tj should have the meta knowledge over him a big time
SS: HJAD vs Procopius 65-35, Procos builds has been always very linear, but so has Hjads. Therefor not sure if we can wait anything super surprising which allows hjad to do his thing in peace
SM: soulgazer vs yandaud 60-40, huge fan of yandaud and hopefully he can bounce back from few off weeks, but SG just keeps being over the top
SM: Finchinator vs Skipkan 60-40, rematch from w1 which was very interesting game. Finch is still finch and is better player in long term
ORAS: Teddeh vs lighthouses 55-45, if this ever happens. Could be bigger edge to ted tbh, but ig the main question is if he actually tries or not? Should bcs theres finally something on the line
BW: tko vs Lambovino 45-55, a tight one for sure. Lambo has been doing alright in BW and I believe he can keep doing so
DPP: MetalGro$$ vs Drud 50-50, two dpp goats and this can go either way tbf. Better MU having player most likely wont choke and takes it home

If it goes to breaker:
SS: Hjad vs Ktut 45-55, this would be hype MU and will definitely offer a lot. Favoring ktut "easily"
SM: Soulgazer vs. Yandaud/Skipkan/Squash(?), SG just wont fall, i'd like to see squash having a shot to take this home. He can pull those super aggro doubles and overall doesnt fear to pull the trigger as long as he keeps his nerves together.
SS: Finch vs TJ 55-45, extremely tight one and could go either way. Tjay has building edge, but Finch overall better player who will be passed good enough team. Looking forward Tjay to take it home in g3 personally

Destructive Dedennes (3) vs Clairvoyant Claydols (5)
SS: Osh vs Ktütverde is the best pu player of all time
SS: Skysolo vs TJ
SS: HJAD vs Procopius où est urusius?
SM: soulgazer vs yandaud is the second best pu player of all time
SM: Finchinator vs Skipkan tourist clause
ORAS: Teddeh vs lighthouses mais vraiment Ktütverde il est où urusius???
BW: tko vs Lambovino you are not ready, tko
DPP: MetalGro$$ vs Drud metalgross is better

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
:ss/carkol: vs :ss/meowstic-m:
Vroom Vroom Carkols (0) vs The Magic Meowstic!!! (0)
SS: Star vs termi (crickets)
SS: Feliburn vs bugzinator (bugs)
SS: keppy vs MZ (talent always wins)
SM: LordST vs robjr (both excellent players)
SM: twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx vs Raichy (bagoftrixxx has consistently proven himself as one of the best players we have. Even after a loss last week, the way he played the game and how he was in control the whole time until he was frozen is a true testament to his skill)
ORAS: MrAldo vs TSR (Dear Sir Aldo, I dedicate my servitude to you)
BW: EviGaro vs Lilburr (With a 6-1 track record, PUPL has shown how EviGaro is perhaps our best BW player ever)
DPP: GeneralAnnoyance vs brewfasa (GA has good momentum and a burning drive to win)

Bag of Trixx

I like to call it a passion
is a Pre-Contributor
:sm/dedenne: vs :sm/claydol:

Destructive Dedennes (3) vs Clairvoyant Claydols (4)

SS: Osh vs Ktütverde 30-70 -- Ktut is simply the better player in this matchup and with excellent builders such as TJ, PTF, and Brandon; I see no reason as to vote against Ktut here.
SS: Skysolo vs TJ 40-60 -- Tjay has been strong in the entirety of this PUPL and has proven himself as one of the better SS players. Backed with his outstanding knowledge of the tier, he should have this game quite handily unless HJAD can supply Skysolo with all the info they need to take it from him.
SS: HJAD vs Procopius 60-40 -- HJAD's experience I think will allow him to topple over Proco in this matchup, however Proco has also done fairly well thus far, so I won't count him out of this match.
SM: soulgazer vs yandaud 65-35 -- SG has consistently been a star player, but if yandaud can bring a solid team, it'll definitely be a great match to watch.
SM: Finchinator vs Skipkan 45-55 -- This will be a very close series. Both players understand the tier, but I give Skip the slight edge here simply for having more tier knowledge backed with multiple builders.
ORAS: Teddeh vs lighthouses 70-30 -- Teddeh needs to be interested here, but if he is; he takes these.
BW: tko vs Lambovino 45-55 -- BW is one of the deciding matches for these teams here because the players are so, so close in skill. But giving edge to Lambovino slightly because he has less info to base the matchup off of for his opponent when building.
DPP: MetalGro$$ vs Drud 50-50 -- DPP will also be a deciding match this week because both of these players are incredibly sound at DPP. But, Drud lost to MetalGro$$ w1, so he has to redeem himself here for his team to make it without tiebreakers.

If there is a tiebreaker, I agree completely with Tlenit's prediction, so no need to repeat it. Overall, should be a very close week!

Hi everyone,

Just wanna thank everyone that was on the Beartics for playing week in week out. Even though it wasn’t the most successful PUPL for us we still managed to keep going throughout. I wanna give a special shout out to 2xTheTap for carrying the team building pretty much every week and being a great person to be around. Want to also wish yogi the best regards and I hope he manages to overcome his irl troubles. I completely understand his decision to leave this game as I think it can be really unrewarding at times and at the moment a lot of the fun has been sucked out of the game for me too. You may have also seen my decision to leave PU council which basically comes down to what I’ve just said, I’m really not a fan of the gen 8 metagame but I hope the council do manage to turn it around. I’m going to be trying to distance myself from this game from this point onwards but I’ll still probably be around every now and again because I still have a lot of friends in this tier that I would be sad to leave. Thanks to everyone that’s made my time over the years worth it and good luck to the rest of the teams in the competition.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor

Dinner took longer than expected and I got there late, my apologies.
BUT Drud also didnt say anything to my team before leaving to go to bed at 11pm, not giving us a chance to sub in someone.
View attachment 267829
I can't play tomorrow either so from my understanding this should be a double sub
there was an initially propposed scheduled time, you couldnt make it then suggested the game to be played 2 hours later, he agreed. The 2 hours passed and you didnt show up, our manager tagged yours in the PU discord and an additional 30-ish minutes of waiting ensued before anyone saying anything. I don't think 'hey just reminding that im going to go to bed at a reasonable time' is required to scheduling a game of pokemon lol
peoples times are valuable

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
There is no reason why you guys would tag an offline manager instead of the entire team or at least multiple members of the team. Drud did nothing wrong here, but it is awfully bizarre that you guys contacted one person in a private chat who was not offline when a majority of our team was online.

Metal deserves no leverage here and if is on him for missing the time, but we deserve an opportunity to substitute and we did not get one given the efforts made. Nothing was lost in reaching out and tagging more people.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
There is no reason why you guys would tag an offline manager instead of the entire team or at least multiple members of the team. Drud did nothing wrong here, but it is awfully bizarre that you guys contacted one person in a private chat who was not offline when a majority of our team was online.

Metal deserves no leverage here and if is on him for missing the time, but we deserve an opportunity to substitute and we did not get one given the efforts made. Nothing was lost in reaching out and tagging more people.
were none of the guys in your team aware of the situation? didnt metal tell you guys when the game was happening, or that he delayed it? Is it our fault for expecting a manager to be at least looking at discord during the scheduled time of a semi-finals game AFTER it was already delayed by your guy?
like i dont entirely disagree but do keep in mind hjad was tagged in the public PU discord and the opposing team isnt responsible for you guys keeping tabs on when your games are supposed to happen or not, this is your responsibility. Metal was missing for an hour after the NEW scheduled time that he already delayed himself, assuming your team is aware of all this surely you guys could have done something?
or was there just no communication bewteen you all about this, cos if so this is in no way our fault
I don't see how 'you guys didnt tag our entire team to remind us of a game that was supposed to happen 3 hours ago' a valid argument for a double sub lol
EDIT:my team tells me he was tagged in the managers discord of the pu chan, not the public chat; but i dont feel like that weakens my argument, sorry though!

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
EDIT:my team tells me he was tagged in the managers discord of the pu chan, not the public chat; but i dont feel like that weakens my argument, sorry though!
This is exactly what I was alluding to and this does weaken your argument. Had our team as a whole been aware of the pressing nature of your player's situation, we would have substituted promptly and the game would have been played. Nothing at all is lost in shooting a tag to our players in the PU Discord.

The way I see it is this:
  • Metal's at fault for missing the time and there is no disputing this
  • My team still deserved an opportunity to put a substitute in for Metal as it is a team tournament and that is within the guidelines quoted above
  • Your team did not grant us an ample opportunity to do this.
    • Your team contacted one member of our team in a private channel when he was offline and various other members of our team were active.
  • We could have promptly substituted someone in for Metal and the game would have been played with the substitute against Drud.
  • It is not our fault that Drud cannot play tomorrow and it is not our fault that you guys only contacted one person (who was offline) in a private chat, so that should not be held against us when we just want to get the game done with an active substitute.
I respect that you guys had leverage in the situation, Drud tried his best to get the game done, and our player missed the scheduled time, but none of this overrides our right to be informed and substitute Metal for someone readily able to play the game.
my manager isnt holding my hand at all times diogo
We wish he was though because you suck at this smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)