Tournament PUPL VI - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
(On behalf of the Clairvoyant Claydols)

Thank you finchinator for keeping it polite. We appreciate you partially defending drud. However, just some facts that you made somewhat ambiguous:

• Your team contacted one member of our team in a private channel when he was offline and various other members of our team were active.
The "member" (I bolded it) is your Manager. A manager is supposed to be available. Very available. Our manager TJ has been online for every single game of our team since the beginning of PUPL. Of course, sometimes it's not possible for every manager to be always there.

In that case, as Lighthouses said in a post above, your team is supposed to take over. Metalgro$$ missed the time (22pm gmt+2, original time was 20pm but he re-scheduled for 22) and still wasn't there by 23pm, and none of you suspected anything? You can only blame yourselves. It seems Metalgro$$ didn't inform any of you dedennes that he was playing at that time: it was your job to ask him when he was playing. My team has a "schedule" channel for that purpose: do you guys not have one? If not, I suppose you don't need one because your communication is great among your members. If not, that's your loss.

Now, my fellow claydols and I have been online for almost exactly 4 hours since drud told us he would play. The game got delayed by 2 hours, +1 hour of waiting for Metalgro$$, and now another hour or more of watching you continuing to claim something that is wrong: ie that you can request a sub, or even double sub, because we were apparently supposed to warn someone else but your manager that your player wasn't on.

This is a great waste of time, and we don't plan to respond to your claims, unless you try again to hide facts or state them ambiguously:

• It is not our fault that Drud cannot play tomorrow and it is not our fault that you guys only contacted one person (who was offline) in a private chat, so that should not be held against us when we just want to get the game done with an active substitute.
Again, the "person" is your manager. Please make it clear. It's not "a member" but The member in charge of your team. And this has nothing to do with drud not being available tomorrow. There are rules, and these rules allow drud not to be available tomorrow because these rules state that Metalgro$$ loses by activity win, and by far: missed the time he re-scheduled and more than an hour late. If you wanted to sub him out, it should have be done a long time ago. Justifying that it couldn't happen because your team was completely uninformed is quite irrelevant. It's semi-finals, activity win sucks. But drud did everything right and was very patient, and we don't understand why he should play tomorrow, or even get subbed out.

Have a good evening. I'm speaking on behalf of the Clairvoyant Claydols, with the approval of our manager TJ who's done so much for us every day. We've lost 4 hours of our day to this... interesting stuff. Drud had a lot of fun building, training, talking, expecting the game. What has taken place instead is definitely not fun, and not how we wanted semifinals to be.

And tell HJAD to do his job. Dedennes are a great team, if your manager doesn't follow, make him follow.

Don't take anything as an offense please. But it is our right to defend our case. (sorry about my english)

Peace. Best of luck in the rest of the games!

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Discussed the situation with a TD. It was decided that this situation is a hard call to make and is very unusual, but the double sub is the most appropriate outcome.

1596930190649.png

Ultimately, it was decided that the Dedennes were not given enough proper notification to call for activity. Because the only person who was inquired was offline and in a private chat in the 30 minutes in question, the Dedennes were not given a chance to sub. As such, the decision is for both teams to sub out their players in a double sub. It was also decided that both managers dealt with the situation poorly: it is expected of managers to be on hand in case any problems arose (which problems did arise), but it is also not unreasonable to ask the other manager to try further to contact the other team.

I consider this far from an ideal outcome overall. Considering how some of the conversation around this situation has been going, I feel the need to add the fact that I did everything in my power to present this situation as neutrally as possible, to the point where no names were even given. This also has not been the first snafu of poorly-done scheduling. Just play your games guys...

Tagging TJ and HJAD for the bad news

Last edited:
Hello, I wish to claim activity win against lighthouses. As you can tell by our VM exchange, he either offered to play in 50 minutes, 50 hours or 50 days, all of which are impossible! As he confirmed to me that it wasn't 50 seconds, and he left smogtours after my approach to challenge him at the 50 minute mark, then I can only assume he meant that he wishes to schedule the match for 50 hours, which is entirely past the deadline of Sunday.
As you can see by our scheduling VM, this confirms what I am suggesting:
1596993572242.png

And as I approached him on smogtours around the 6pm mark, he seemed to have disappeared! :O
1596993613473.png

I am tagging the appropriate managers to get to the bottom of this activity mystery TJ HJAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)