Queen

Also one last nitpick, I recommend changing Hippowdon's EV spread to 248 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe Impish, this means you won't have to switch out of Hydreigon as it can't OHKO you with Specs Draco Meteor and without this change you basically accept an automatic loss against it. OTR Rank does 56.1% max with Psychic easily letting you phaze it or just stall it out if you trust the RNG not to crit / SpD drop you. This fits better in your team IMO because Hippowdon's role is early game setting up rocks and phazing mostly, you don't rely on it to take boosted hits from Lucario and Terrakion because they won't be setting up on anything and can be revenged well enough if needed. I took mostly special hits with Hippowdon and as an example of how valuable this was I was taking 40% from Virizion's Giga Drain, easily preventing this otherwise massive threat from setting it up. I think this will help you a lot, good luck again!

Thank you for all the suggestion guys, especially Yee's! The changes have been implemented into the RMT! Check it out, and tell me what you think!

Hello Princess Bri. I've been looking at this team for a long time and I can only see one huge weakness, but luckily, it can be fixed easily. The thing is, you're very weak against Calm Mind Virizion. It resists Lucario's priority moves and a Psychic from Starmie won't take much of his health due to his enormous SDef. So I suggest putting Psyshock over Psychic on Starmie to deal with it, since his Def is miserable. Another thing I'd like to suggest is taking out one of Starmie's moves to replace for Recover. It can be wonderful on a Rapid Spinner.

Anyway, congratulations for the team, it's one of the best I've checked at the Smogon Forums ;)

Hello Princess Bri. I've been looking at this team for a long time and I can only see one huge weakness, but luckily, it can be fixed easily. The thing is, you're very weak against Calm Mind Virizion. It resists Lucario's priority moves and a Psychic from Starmie won't take much of his health due to his enormous SDef. So I suggest putting Psyshock over Psychic on Starmie to deal with it, since his Def is miserable. Another thing I'd like to suggest is taking out one of Starmie's moves to replace for Recover. It can be wonderful on a Rapid Spinner.

Anyway, congratulations for the team, it's one of the best I've checked at the Smogon Forums ;)
Actually, Stoutland can OHKO it, and switch in on anything but a fighting attack. It looks problematic on paper, but it's uncommon, and I also have Lucario's priority if Stoutland's down, for whatever reason. And Focus Blast sucks.

As for recover on Starmie, it just doesn't fit. I need all the moves on it atm, so I can't. I wish I could though :( Psyshock also means I'm raped by Conkeldurr.

Thanks for the rate!

*trollface*

You lose to Double Dance Terakion, at +2 attack it OHKOs everyone, and CC does around 89% to your Hippo set. Your only way to kill it would be Starmie.
If he Rock Polishes on the switch, everyone still gets OHKOd but Hippo, and Stone Edge does like 90% to Starmie.

I see some Volca weakness aswell(standard timid 252/252 version), at +1 it OHKOs everyone but Hippo (252 +1 SpAtk Volcarona Fire Blast vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Hippowdon: 70% - 82.38% 2 hits to KO (with Leftovers), add Life Orb and its a clean OHKO.... so, yeah... watch out for the fiery moth. If your weather isnt up, means you'll have to send in Hippo, fodder him, and then go to Stountland as your last chance to beat Volca. You cant switch in on him either, so you'll definetly have to fodder Hippo.

Also, as funny as this sounds, Sub Protect Toxic Gliscor trolls Hippo, Hydra, Luke, Rotom, Stoutland. You know what im talking about... Sub on rotom/hydra, wait for hax, toxic, fun begins...Starmie would be your only answer to him, and if hes got a sub up, you'll get Hydro Pump PP stalled and 2HKOd by EQ. Hippo can roar, not before getting toxic'd.

Anyways, different team, im also tired of the generic unoriginal overated boring RotomW/Scizor/Ttar/Landlos thingy.... so this is definetly breaks the schemes and could bring trouble to the table.

Selkies.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cool team, Princess Bri - thanks for sharing it with us!

Honestly, with yee's update this team has really done a great job in covering the main threats to this team. This team may have trouble with Stall teams, though. Stoutland is effectively walled by Steel-Types; Starmie, Hydreigon, and Rotom-W are walled by special walls like Gastrodon and Blissey. Lucario is the closest wall-breaker out there, but you have opted for an extra priority, allowing for Jellicent to hard-wall it.

Replacing Lucario's Bullet Punch for Crunch would equip this team with a formidable stall-breaker. Now that you have Starmie that yee recommended, which solidly checks Terrakion, I think your team can afford to lose out on the extra priority. Bullet Punch also helps with Gengar, but with the specially-defensive spread on Hippowdon, Starmie, and Stoutland, your team has that threat covered well, too.

Gastrodon can be a nuisance to a team with Rotom-W and Starmie and without a reliable Pokemon to absorb Scald burns / Toxic poison. One simple fix is to follow NatGeo's advice and replace Rotom's Pain Split for HP Grass. With the loss of Pain Split, I suggest going with a more specially-bulky spread: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 SpD. This will allow Rotom-W to take special hits much better while still having enough SpA to 2HKO Gastrodon.

Congrats for the success you found with this original team! Teams like yours are spices to the stable OU metagame :)

I really like this team, detecting a slight volcarona weakness mid to lategame but that can be ironed out by good play. GJ :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)