Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory could sp defensive flareon work? Since bug and ice is are such commun sp atk typing, and he gets wish, wilo wisp and toxic. I don't know just theorymon
The only Fire type I've been using in this tier has been adament Entei with flare Bltiz and Extreme Speed, Flame charge takes care of his speed.

Has anyone been using Psych Up Regice? It could switch in on some potential threatening CM user, steal its boosts, and go sweeping with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

Has anyone been using Psych Up Regice? It could switch in on some potential threatening CM user, steal its boosts, and go sweeping with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.
Seems a bit too situational to me. The only CMer I've came across is Cress. You could try it on one of the quiver dancers or shell smashers though, Regi is bulky enough to tank a boosted hit from them before he gets off psych up.

Well Regi would absolutely wreck Cresselia. :P

Also, I get the feeling that Specs Manectric could be quite good. Outspeeds most of the tier, and if it gets a Lightningrod boost it gets approx 700 SpA, and has great coverage with Thunderbolt / Overheat / HP Grass. It even gets Switcheroo!

Ive contructed a team for RU
Gorebyss (SmashPass)
Alakazam/Honchkrow(Recievers)
Weezing/Umbreon(Defensive Core)
Galvantula(Scarfed kiler)

This Tier is my favorite so far and I dont find Cress a threat at all for my team lol.

And Crustle can only lead/revenge if you want to retain Sturdy, any rocks and spikes or hail damage will make it useless, a Lead with red card/priority berry (?) to set up SR and spikes is actually a great set fo him
Crustle can do much more than just setup rocks and spikes. He gets Shell Smash and has two awesome STAB types for the tier of RU. He can actually destroy most of the RU metagame, in theory, with the combination of Shell Smash and Sturdy.

pika's in here!

LB Pika is deadly with +6/+6 and a sub passed. No, this is not Shell Smash - this is another Poke's doing, and to top it off it even looks similar to pika (and it's in here too!)... only worry is snover, just fire an HP fire or other fire attack at it, and the BP'er carries leftovers anyway.

Imagine a +6/+6 sub Pika in ubers, let alone here.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Light Ball Pikachu is supposed to be banned due to Light Ball not being released. If it isn't there is a problem with the server.

Anyone try Eviolite Vigoroth? It has better SDef than Gurdurr and is faster.
it's damn good. I use:
Vigoroth @eviolite
Jolly
252 spe / 152 HP / 104 Spdef
- Bulk Up
- Return
- Earthquake / Shadow Claw
- Slack off

I don't know. It's kind of random, I guess, but it can take hits like a champ and is a good quick tank. EV's are pretty much random, but I like to bulk up a few times and take hits better rather than attacking right away with this guy.

wait... galvantula is in this tier? sweet! i think i'll change up my team. hail isn't all that great. unless i'm doin it wrong.

Accelgor
Snover
Rotom-F
Glaceon
Slowking
Electivire [vital spirit and scarf]

not doing so great so i think i'll make up my own team.

Honestly, if we're talking baton pass, the best is still volbeat tail glow ----> yanmega. After two tail glows and one speed boost, Yanmega's not dying any time soon. Mega powerful attacks and you just keep getting faster.

Honestly, if we're talking baton pass, the best is still volbeat tail glow ----> yanmega. After two tail glows and one speed boost, Yanmega's not dying any time soon. Mega powerful attacks and you just keep getting faster.
how in the world could a Volbeat survive 3 turns to pass 2 tail glows?

how in the world could it even survive 2 turns for the pass?

I severly doubt it would even be able to do either situation well at all, especially since its defenses are only: 65/55/75

I also noticed that it doesn't appear to have Sleep Powder at all, which makes Venomoth better. Why go with a +6 boost to SpAtk (2 tail glows) when you can go with +4spatk/+4spdef/+4speed boost all at once (2 quiver dances)?

I went for max Def and 200 EV's in SDef and the rest in Atk. I forgot about Slack Off and I am going to try it. Eviolite Murkrow is awesome too as it has Prankster.

Taunt, Torment, Toxic and Night Shade. Forces switches and ruins any potential stall teams.

how in the world could a Volbeat survive 3 turns to pass 2 tail glows?

how in the world could it even survive 2 turns for the pass?

I severly doubt it would even be able to do either situation well at all, especially since its defenses are only: 65/55/75

I also noticed that it doesn't appear to have Sleep Powder at all, which makes Venomoth better. Why go with a +6 boost to SpAtk (2 tail glows) when you can go with +4spatk/+4spdef/+4speed boost all at once (2 quiver dances)?

Volbeat gets Prankster in the Dream World <,<

Quiver Dance only boosts Sp.A, Sp.D, and Speed by +1, not +2, so Yanmega could go for a safe +3 Sp.Attack or even +6, or +2/+2/+2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)