RBY UU Circuit Tour - ROUND 4

Art by the talented grape tylenol
Hosted by local clown GraveBee and the lovely dwebble-enjoying Murm

Cool as Ice, Time for Round 4.

I’d like to welcome you fine folks back to our 2024 RBY Low Tier Circuit - specifically UnderUsed, the tier where the summer months may heat us up but our players tend to remain pretty chill. Round 4 is technically semifinals, so as with all good things in the real world it’s time to disregard my sagely advice from last round and think calmly. Take a chill pill, even, if one will. Especially with college finals rolling around for folks, this is the time to be cool as ice, think logically, and remember that there’s always a way to keep trudging through the blizzards of life - even if they happen to freeze your Persian.

This tour makes up about 1/8 of the total points towards the RBY Low Tier Circuit, and we're doing single-elim in this RBY Low Tier Circus, so be ever-watchful and don’t misclick. Schedule early and schedule precisely, so that you can’t get dropped from the tour for it. And do check your smogon walls - if you don’t for scheduling, I will for act cases.

As always, treat your opponents with respect and dignity - both in and out of battle. Not only is it the nice thing to do, but if you want to make your opponent truly tilt then these forums are about the least effective place to do so.

Long-winded text walls are impractical. Here, you’ll find them categorized into neat spoilers.
  • General Tournament Rules: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3642760/
  • This will be a single elimination, best of three tournament… as fun as other formats may be, this is what higher-ups told me to run, so that’s what we’re running.
  • All tournament games must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, and replays are required for all rounds. It is preferable to play on Smogtours - if players disagree on which server to play on, Smogtours is the default.
  • Each round will last one week. If you and your opponent are unable to schedule despite both players making an effort, extensions of up to 3 days may be granted. If one player fails to attend a scheduled time or does not make a genuine effort to schedule, an activity win may be awarded to the other player at the tournament host's discretion. If neither player makes an effort to schedule, the host may "coinflip" the win, awarding it at random. Please schedule publicly so as to ensure activity wins are judged correctly. See the Tournament Scheduling Guidelines for further information. If, for any reason, you have questions regarding scheduling or activity cases, please be civil about it and feel free to ask your hosts as needed.

And now, the brackets. Looks like we could have a very interesting round robin in the making for finals.

You can find the documentation here: https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/12834/

Tree69420  vs  Slip
YBW  vs  Sabelette
NotVeryCake  vs  Nikebeamz

Bracket/Host’s Notes: Glad I was able to get the post out before midnight, it’s something I’ve always wanted to be able to manage and here we are. I’ll be doing finals week, but as usual just hit me up if something comes up in scheduling.

Your deadline is Sunday, May 5, at 11:59PM EST (GMT-4). Remember, ALL replays are required.
Please remember to be respectful with one another, both in scheduling and in battle. Want to make sure you can’t be left behind before your battle? Schedule early, schedule specifically and give ample time. Don't be afraid to reach out if there are any questions or concerns.

Now sit back, relax, and enjoy a nice warm day with a few games of RBY UU. I’ll lend you my spare Articuno if the heat gets to be too much, I hear its Blizzard packs a punch.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)