[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Just obtained this from Wondertrade (I know, awful sign already). Couldn't help but be intrigued though.

Language: English
Species: Terrakion
OT: Ash
ID No.: 51806
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 252 Hp / 4 Spe (i guess?)
Ability: Justified
Pokemon's name: Terrakion
Level: 50
Pokeball: ultraball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Retaliate, Rock Slide, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Hoenn (Pathless Plain)
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): It has memories. This is what the memory girl says:

EDIT: I know there is a shinification code that Datel has made, but will the memory girl still say a pokemon has memories if it is shinified? Wouldn't the PID change?
The odds of resetting this are so small, I'd say hacked unless there is video proof.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
If Tornadus' ability changes to Defiant when in its Incarnate form, it's hacked. Otherwise it looks legal (assuming it's male and not genderless :P). As usual be skeptical if you don't know the OT/where it came from (i.e. if you got it from the GTS/Wonder Trade).

Camerupt is hacked.

Language: ENG
Species:
Deoxys
OT: Gamestp
ID No.: 06218
IVs: 31/30/08/28/31/31 (not very accurate since its level is 52)
EVs (optional):
Ability:
Pressure
Pokemon's name: Deoxys
Level: 52
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Psycho Boost/ Zap Cannon / Iron Defense / Extreme Speed
Region of origin: Sinnoh Region
Characteristic: Likes to run
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Other comments (optional):
Got it from a Pokemon Pearl cartridge I bought from a guy in my town, it had several good Pokemon and I transfer some of them to my Black and then Pokebank. I want to know if they're legit, I will be posting them later.

Species:
Pikachu
OT: GAMESTP
ID No.: 01300
IVs: 08/18/00/28/06/29
EVs (optional):
Ability:
Pressure Static
Pokemon's name: Pikachu
Level: 32
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Charge/Volt Tackle/Endeavor/Charge Beam
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Sinnoh Region
Characteristic: Likes to run
Ribbons: Sinnoh Champion Ribbon, Classic Ribbon, Contest Memory Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Got it from an old cartridge I bought. I doubt is hacked since it has horrible IVs, but wanted to be sure.

Last edited:
It looks like a hack to me since Pikachu's ability is Static and not Pressure. And as far as I know, there is no event Pikachu with OT: GAMESTP and Endeavor is an event only move recently in the PGL Pikachu

It looks like a hack to me since Pikachu's ability is Static and not Pressure. And as far as I know, there is no event Pikachu with OT: GAMESTP and Endeavor is an event only move recently in the PGL Pikachu
Sorry it's Static, but I copypasted the old post I did and I didn't correct that part. It is a hack then? it's pretty odd they didn't used better IVs for a hacked Pokemon

Edit: I was looking in the English events from Bulbapedia and it could be the Pichu's Gamestop they distributed in 2010. Here's the link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w..._event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_IV

Sorry it's Static, but I copypasted the old post I did and I didn't correct that part. It is a hack then? it's pretty odd they didn't used better IVs for a hacked Pokemon

Edit: I was looking in the English events from Bulbapedia and it could be the Pichu's Gamestop they distributed in 2010. Here's the link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_English_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_IV
If that's the case, it's probably not a hack. My bad, i forgot there were Pichu events

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greetings fellow Pokémon collectors, I'd need your opinion on the following two Pokémon:
I have seen them on a plethora of other forums and threads, but I still want you valuable thoughts on them.

Language: Japanese
Species: Latias
OT: きなこ
ID No.: 29750
IVs: 31 31 31 31 31 31
EVs (optional): 252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 Spd
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: ラティアス
Level: 100
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Recover, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Other comments (optional): Doesn't have the "JPN" tag

Species: Latios
OT: まこと
ID No.: 60658
EVs (optional): 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spd
Pokemon's name: ラティオス
Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Psyshock, Surf

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Greetings fellow Pokémon collectors, I'd need your opinion on the following two Pokémon:
I have seen them on a plethora of other forums and threads, but I still want you valuable thoughts on them.

Species: Latias
OT: きなこ
ID No.: 29750
EVs (optional): 252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 Spd
Pokemon's name: ラティアス
Moves: Recover, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse

Species: Latios
OT: まこと
ID No.: 60658
EVs (optional): 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spd
Pokemon's name: ラティオス
Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Psyshock, Surf

Thank you very much in advance.
Best greetings.
No "JPN" tag makes me suspicious but I don't know if it's possible to change the Pokemon's language of origin or whatever. So I won't say they are 100% hacked based off something I am not sure of.

That said, everything else checks out.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
They could have just set their language to Japanese and played on a NA DS.
The Latis don't have the pentagon according to Maximum Optimizer's post, which means they would've originated from RSE, and thus, the game's language can't be changed.

If they don't have the JPN tag and are not Gen VI-born, they're hacked.
Yea I was thinking of something fancy like Gabe suggested. But you're right, it can't be done in 3rd gen. In that case, they are 100% hacked.

I'd like to know if a hacked Pokemon can be identical to a legit one; that said, it can be in a Cherish Ball, have the correct "characteristics", pentagon, language, etc? Or is there something that a hacked Pokemon can't have?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I'd like to know if a hacked Pokemon can be identical to a legit one; that said, it can be in a Cherish Ball, have the correct "characteristics", pentagon, language, etc? Or is there something that a hacked Pokemon can't have?
Imagine you are in Gen 3 before the RNG was cracked. You would have no idea why an Adamant hex-flawless Pokemon is not legal, you would think "what if I was just super super lucky?" Truth is the game cannot make that spread no matter how lucky you are, but only Nintendo would know that. So the answer is we will never know unless we are the ones who make the game.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No "JPN" tag makes me suspicious but I don't know if it's possible to change the Pokemon's language of origin or whatever. So I won't say they are 100% hacked based off something I am not sure of. That said, everything else checks out.
Yeah, it made me suspicious as well tbqh, but when I googled the ID. Numbers I even found active trade threads here in Smogon that offer them for trade without any moderator saying anything against it, that's why I wanted to make sure.

Yea I was thinking of something fancy like Gabe suggested. But you're right, it can't be done in 3rd gen. In that case, they are 100% hacked.
Welp, too bad I guess. Thank you for your valuable opinion and advice on this matter.

Last edited:
I have always wanted a service like this!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I do not appreciate hacked Pokemon! I started playing Pokemon (for the first REAL time [owning a game, collecting, all the fun stuff]) at ORAS and was disgusted with the hacks, clones, ect I kept coming across!
I mean I played a bit of Pokemon when I was a child, but never owned my own game ect... Into adulthood I find that these games and everything I thought was pure had become a festering pit of abuse and cloning. I am overwhelmed with it all.

That being said I feel like the majority of Pokemon I currently own are hacked and cloned ect.
I have done so much research and tried to figure out what is legit and what isn't... But man is it hard!

I seriously would like a check on 20-30 Pokemon. I can't post something like that here.
I have put a lot of time, precious energy and countless amounts of effort into building a collection I feel I have always deserved.
But I am afraid I am a victim of petty manipulations and the likes. I have shinnies, events, mythical, ect and I need to know.

I HATE HACKS!

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I have always wanted a service like this!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I do not appreciate hacked Pokemon! I started playing Pokemon (for the first REAL time [owning a game, collecting, all the fun stuff]) at ORAS and was disgusted with the hacks, clones, ect I kept coming across!
I mean I played a bit of Pokemon when I was a child, but never owned my own game ect... Into adulthood I find that these games and everything I thought was pure had become a festering pit of abuse and cloning. I am overwhelmed with it all.

That being said I feel like the majority of Pokemon I currently own are hacked and cloned ect.
I have done so much research and tried to figure out what is legit and what isn't... But man is it hard!

I seriously would like a check on 20-30 Pokemon. I can't post something like that here.
I have put a lot of time, precious energy and countless amounts of effort into building a collection I feel I have always deserved.
But I am afraid I am a victim of petty manipulations and the likes. I have shinnies, events, mythical, ect and I need to know.

I HATE HACKS!
If you have any stuff from 3rd / 4th gen, PM me the details and I will check them for you :)

Hi all,
I received the following through link trades, all of which seem too good to be true:

Species: Dragonite
OT: Reaper
ID No.: 63520
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Marvel Scale (HA)
Pokemon's name: Dragonite
Moves: Extremespeed/Dragon Claw/Dragon Dance/Fire Punch
Region of origin: Route 7 (Kalos?)
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): Egg Received 12/8/14. From Day Care helpers. Egg Hatched Apparently 12/9/14.
Memory: Dragonite was stared at by the Judge when it met him with Reaper. The Pokemon remembers that it felt sorry. And... Dragonite became (my) friend wgen it came through Link Trade at... a Pokemon Centre. The Pokemon remembers that it grinned.

Species: Goodra
OT: Shewp
ID No.: 02896
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Gooey (HA)
Pokemon's name: Goodra
Level: 54
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Moves: Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Muddy Water
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Kalos (Lumiose City)
Characteristic: Mischievous
Other comments (optional): Egg obtained 11/25/13. From a link Trade. Egg Hatched Apparently 11/25/13
Memory: Goodra hatched from an Egg and saw Shewp for the first time at... a large city. The Pokemon remembers that it was restless. And... Goodra became (my) friend when it came through Link Trade at... a Pokemon Centre. The Pokemon remembers that it got emotional.

Species: Lucario
OT: Daemion
ID No.: 17480
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Justified (HA)
Pokemon's name: Lucario
Level: 51
Pokeball: Luxury Ball
Moves: Close Combat/Crunch/Blaze Kick/Bullet Punch
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Kalos (Lumiose City)
Other comments (optional): Egg Received 7/30/14. From Day Care helpers. Egg Hatched Apparently 7/30/14
Memory: Lucario hatched from an Egg and saw Daemion for the first time at... a large city. The Pokemon remembers that it got nervous. And... Lucario became (my) friend when it came through Link Trade at... a Pokemon Centre. The Pokemon remembers that it was restless.

Hey all, I just traded for a 2015 Event Dialga (Modest Telepathy). From my understanding this is a Japanese event but the Dialga I received says that it is Korean. Is this possible or should it always have a JPN tag? Thanks!

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I don't know any of the OTs, but they all seem to be legal breeds (probably bred using the TSV method for shinies if so). That Goodra looks to have been passed around quite a lot on here while still a Goomy. Be skeptical though if you can't verify the source. Welcome to Smogon btw ^_^

edit: The Lucario and Dragonite appear to be self-hatched shinies, rather than hatched using the TSV method. That doesn't make them impossible, but I'd be especially skeptical of those.
thanks .com.

Hey all, I just traded for a 2015 Event Dialga (Modest Telepathy). From my understanding this is a Japanese event but the Dialga I received says that it is Korean. Is this possible or should it always have a JPN tag? Thanks!
There was also a HA Dialga event for Korea (Dahara City Dialga) according to Bulbapedia. Regardless, the language tag you're referring to depends on the language of the person's game. So all it means is that their game was in Korean.

Last edited:
I've got a shiny Arceus from wonder trade that is japanese but have the english name and with the original trader as the O.T, but all his moves are what it should have from the event he was distributed. He also don't have the ribbon. What should I do with it?I don't want to trade it, but should I keep it until by luck, I receive a legit one or should I release it?

I've got a shiny Arceus from wonder trade that is japanese but have the english name and with the original trader as the O.T, but all his moves are what it should have from the event he was distributed. He also don't have the ribbon. What should I do with it?I don't want to trade it, but should I keep it until by luck, I receive a legit one or should I release it?
You will never receive a legit one through wondertrade. Pokémon with ribbons can't be sent through WT so most any event that comes through it will be a hack (like your arceus)

As far as keeping or releasing...it's a hack. If that matters to you, release it. But certainly don't offer it here for trade/giveaway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)