Real 386 Tournament (interest thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386 was played on the bots even though FRLG were not announced yet, but you could use everything not considered uber or gay (Wobby), even if no one knew how to get them in-game. Their data were obtained from hacking the cartridges.
Then couldn't they have hacked for all the movesets as well. Or are movesets not like that since people can shark illegal sets without the game noticing?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i am assuming that salac berries, petaya berries, etc are banned except for Liechi?

Technically we had(and used) the berries although there's no way to get them to work on Netbattle quite like we had them, heh heh.

I'd play, wonder if I have any logs lying around from back then...

this isn't sign-ups yet, and since there's plenty of tournaments going on you cannot expect them before fall break is over (which would be in 10 days)

Haha, I'd play this. Old style 386 had always been my favourite... Shame about the no 50% berries though.

Liechi was legit - from Mirage Island I believe. From what I can remember the berries were used a lot anyway despite not being obtainable.

They were used because they activated at 50% instead of 25% health. This means Bellyzard would activate salac right after drumming so it could sweep with ease back then. Also I would enjoy this very much.

I'd be interested in walking in the door, then getting kicked right the hell back out after the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)