Real Life Applications of Pokemon

I would love to have three Pokemon that could help me with nearly everything I can think of that could be relevant for me.

Noivern, with a moveset of: Fly / Roost / Dragon Pulse / Flamethrower
Fly is actually a very useful move here, that allows me to visit my friends anytime I would want to, without having to worry about paying for public transport (which is expensive). It also enables me to explore the world, while still having the possibility to go back home if the need arises. Roost will keep my Noivern healthy when there would not be a Pokémon Centre nearby, and Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower would help me defend myself if I need to. Noivern would probably enjoy my music too, which is great.

Leafeon, with a moveset of: Leaf Blade / Secret Base / Heal Bell / Grasswhistle
Creating a Secret Base of my own would be really nice, so I could have time in solitude (though with my Pokemon of course) to catch my breath, think, write, watch videos, and listen to music. It could be created in a tree or bush, or maybe even a cave, but always close to nature. Heal Bell would have my Pokemon or me in top shape after catching a cold or something, which might happen when you're exploring all the time. If I need to sleep it could Grasswhistle a nice tune to me, which is obviously more suited for allowing me to rest than Noivern's Boomburst.

Psyduck, with a moveset of: Soak / Flash / Surf / Protect
With this Pokemon I would be able to care for many plants that I wish to sow seeds for (Soak). Flash could come in handy when I'm in my Secret Base and it's already dark outside, so I could still work with the added light. While the other two may be more suitable to defend me, I will count on Psyduck to Protect me when the need arises. That way I will never have to be afraid. Unless I need to use it twice in a row. Then I would be screwed. Psyduck is also just very adorable though, so if all else fails, I could always use the Power of Cute.

Last edited:
I would like to have a Darkrai and a Hypno so I can put everybody who I don't like (people who insults me) in a deep nightmare and they would have bad dreams forever. Then just have a random pokemon with teleport so I can go anywhere and then a pokemon with Earthquake so I can be censored out of existence. Then a Persian with pay day would be good because it would be literally spitting money out of its mouth and I would be able to build up a huge business. A ditto would be useful for transforming into whatever I may need, a political supporter or any other pokemon...

I would like to have a Darkrai and a Hypno so I can put everybody who I don't like (people who insults me) in a deep nightmare and they would have bad dreams forever. Then just have a random pokemon with teleport so I can go anywhere and then a pokemon with Earthquake so I can be censored out of existence. Then a Persian with pay day would be good because it would be literally spitting money out of its mouth and I would be able to build up a huge business. A ditto would be useful for transforming into whatever I may need, a political supporter or any other pokemon...
MATURE RESPONSES TO INSULTS? What's that?

Anyway, a good Lucario would be able to ruin your whole deal - it could detect Ditto, take out Darkrai and Persian, and then Hypno's a wimp anyway so no one cares.

MATURE RESPONSES TO INSULTS? What's that?

Anyway, a good Lucario would be able to ruin your whole deal - it could detect Ditto, take out Darkrai and Persian, and then Hypno's a wimp anyway so no one cares.
Depends when we are talking about this. They may introduce good megas for all of these pokemon in the near future. Could use another Lucario to take out the other one.

Actually, I don't think in-real life Pokemon have to be powerful. At least, they won't have to be powerful unless you try to pursue a competitive career or something like that. Personally I think I would still try to be a screenwriter, even if Pokemon were real. They wouldn't have to be powerful for me at all, and the only reason I wanted Noivern to pack some power was in order to secure my physical safety (which in my case, is a very relevant issue due to personal reasons I won't delve into). Of course, if guns would still exist, just Teleporting the heck out of there would always be the better solution. Wouldn't want Noivern to get killed. But for example Abra would be great at Teleporting you out of tricky situations in real life, and you wouldn't put that up against OU Pokemon either. And that's basically the point I'm trying to make. We're not talking competitive here, we're talking about a peculiar and interesting combination of real-life and Pokemon. In addition to that, IRL you most likely won't be a 'chosen one' like the PC in the Pokemon game series. Who says you even have access to Pokemon like Darkrai and Lucario? Or that you even acquire the potential to Mega Evolve your Pokemon? Where will you get your desired 6IV Ditto without RNG to control? How do you breed competitive Riolu with the difficulty of getting it to max happiness in real life? You would have to spend a lot of time on it, that's for sure. So you would either have to make competition your job, or settle for less competitive Pokemon.

In other news, I think it would be pretty cool to have a Pokemon with Sweet Scent. It's soothing and is supposed to have a calming effect. I think if you harvest the spores of a Pokemon with Sweet Scent, you could make some pretty good drugs out of it, sort of like ganja but different.
Yes, I think I want to swap Leafeon for Bayleef, Secret Power / Sweet Scent / Grass Whistle / Aromatherapy
It's a rarity though, so if I can't appeal to a professor, I'll have to find a Roselia somewhere that can fulfil the same role.

I'm sure some may have seen an artwork of Pokemon for social services such as for children with more needs or the injured or disabled. I'm imagining Pokemon contributing to world of health and medicine, such as help for the autistic or otherwise disabled children, blind people, dependent old men, or even those in palliative care. Happiness-sharing Pokemon like Togekiss or Blissey may help very much in palliative care.

Maybe even trained Luxray to be living X-Ray machine minus the radiation risk. That will help medical radiology so much, although it needs training them to understand what the doctors are looking for in the patient's insides.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I'm sure some may have seen an artwork of Pokemon for social services such as for children with more needs or the injured or disabled. I'm imagining Pokemon contributing to world of health and medicine, such as help for the autistic or otherwise disabled children, blind people, dependent old men, or even those in palliative care. Happiness-sharing Pokemon like Togekiss or Blissey may help very much in palliative care.

Maybe even trained Luxray to be living X-Ray machine minus the radiation risk. That will help medical radiology so much, although it needs training them to understand what the doctors are looking for in the patient's insides.
I think psychic Pokemon with telepathy can help severely autistic people with speech delays or inability to speak.
In XY , Espurr even helps translate different languages using telepathy.

Actually, I don't think in-real life Pokemon have to be powerful. At least, they won't have to be powerful unless you try to pursue a competitive career or something like that. Personally I think I would still try to be a screenwriter, even if Pokemon were real. They wouldn't have to be powerful for me at all, and the only reason I wanted Noivern to pack some power was in order to secure my physical safety (which in my case, is a very relevant issue due to personal reasons I won't delve into). Of course, if guns would still exist, just Teleporting the heck out of there would always be the better solution. Wouldn't want Noivern to get killed. But for example Abra would be great at Teleporting you out of tricky situations in real life, and you wouldn't put that up against OU Pokemon either. And that's basically the point I'm trying to make. We're not talking competitive here, we're talking about a peculiar and interesting combination of real-life and Pokemon. In addition to that, IRL you most likely won't be a 'chosen one' like the PC in the Pokemon game series. Who says you even have access to Pokemon like Darkrai and Lucario? Or that you even acquire the potential to Mega Evolve your Pokemon? Where will you get your desired 6IV Ditto without RNG to control? How do you breed competitive Riolu with the difficulty of getting it to max happiness in real life? You would have to spend a lot of time on it, that's for sure. So you would either have to make competition your job, or settle for less competitive Pokemon.

In other news, I think it would be pretty cool to have a Pokemon with Sweet Scent. It's soothing and is supposed to have a calming effect. I think if you harvest the spores of a Pokemon with Sweet Scent, you could make some pretty good drugs out of it, sort of like ganja but different.
Yes, I think I want to swap Leafeon for Bayleef, Secret Power / Sweet Scent / Grass Whistle / Aromatherapy
It's a rarity though, so if I can't appeal to a professor, I'll have to find a Roselia somewhere that can fulfil the same role.
Maybe pokemon would be useful for making movies?!

You have inspired me to look at more positive functions that can be fulfilled by Pokemon!

Gale Wings
: Talonflame, Fletchinder and Fletchling could make delivery and transport much more friendly to the environment. Fletchling could deliver mail, Fletchinder small packages, Talonflame large packages and even people. The Gale Wings Express would even be able to operate internationally, because with such blinding priority speed behind your wings, you save a lot of stamina. It would also provide plenty of jobs for Bird Keepers.

Illuminate: What if, instead of street lights/lamppost, we would have Volbeat illuminate the streets? This would be environmentally friendly as well! ^v^

Compound Eyes
: Lost your keys? Can't find your phone? Looking for a girlfriend? Worry not, because Vivillon will find any of those for you, and then some.

Storm Drain
: If there is a threat of flooding, either due to a rising sea level, melting mountain ice, or other causes, the only thing you will have to do in order to keep your village safe is surround it with a few Gastrodon. You could also use Cradily or Maractus for this, but their Hidden Abilities might be harder to breed or find?

Lightning Rod
: The same goes for the threat of thunderstorms, where you could have a Pikachu absorb all of it, and then use this absorbed electricity to power your house. That way, thunderstorms would actually become sort of nice and desirable.

Forewarn
: Instead of the tight regime of keeping everything under control and suppressing a lot of innocent people, you could also just let Jynx/Smoochum, Hypno/Drowzee or Musharna/Munna warn you when something bad is going to happen. That way, you will have the time to get everyone to safety before the damage is done. Even outside of political reasons, Forewarn could also predict if a Volcano is going to erupt, if a storm is coming, or if other harm might be on its way. It's sort of like the city alarm, except you're not completely doomed from the moment you hear it, and actually have a chance of getting to safety.

Bulletproof:
Pokemon with Bulletproof like Chesnaught could function as a bodyguard for people in danger of becoming a victim of (domestic, political, racial, etc.) abuse. They could also help peaceful negotiators to get close to dangerous individuals in order to talk to them, without the risk of getting shot.

Maybe pokemon would be useful for making movies?!
We sort of have this already in ORAS don't we? But with journalism.

The Whismur family is very sensitive to sounds, which could make for a good help in Sound Design.
The Magnemite family, with Magnet Pull, could help control all the cinematic devices, and would be a good assistent for a Director.
The Porygon family, deeply rooted into the web, could help with VFX and Editing.
Keen Eye Pokemon could help with Cinematography.
Technician Pokemon could help with Production Design, while Smeargle could help out with making sketches and mood(y)boards.
Persian could partner up with a Producer in order to acquire funding.

And me? A Screenwriter? I have noticed that my analytical nature is very useful here, but creativity and inspiration are at least equally important. Grasswhistle helps me concentrate and clear the mind, a solid fundament for thinking and writing. Sweet Scent does the same thing but different. Fly allows me to explore the world and meet new cultures, that way I learn about a large variety of different aspects of life, which I could later use in stories. A Secret Base is necessary in order to seclude myself and feel safe and at home enough to write. I can imagine a Psychic-type Pokemon being able to help Screenwriters with all of this usually, but I prefer to be the only one in control of my own mind. I guess I've become too close to this aspect of film making to fall back on stereotypes. I could pick a fitting Psychic-type, sure, but that is just not how it feels for me, and not what would help me. It was an interesting question to put it like that though.

As adorable and iconic as Pikachu is, I bet that the more popular pet would realistically be Raichu. They're just as cute in my opinion, and they're about twice as large and still as chubby (and thus softer and cuddlier). But best of all, they actually glow softly in the dark - that must save a lot on nightlights, and it helps kids who are scared of the dark! I mean, they're more aggressive, but that doesn't stop dogs from being more popular than cats.

As adorable and iconic as Pikachu is, I bet that the more popular pet would realistically be Raichu. They're just as cute in my opinion, and they're about twice as large and still as chubby (and thus softer and cuddlier). But best of all, they actually glow softly in the dark - that must save a lot on nightlights, and it helps kids who are scared of the dark! I mean, they're more aggressive, but that doesn't stop dogs from being more popular than cats.
I think it all depends on the person. Personally, I actually prefer Pikachu. Something about Raichu's design has always put me off using it in-game at least. The useless curls at its ears, the tail which seems less practical and realistic because of the huge end part compared to the thin length of the rest, shape of ears look less like a bunny (and I like bunnies), brown coloured paws, I kind of dislike it all. You also need a Thunder Stone to evolve it, and I don't know how expensive those would be IRL. Pichu would probably be easiest to keep.

Zebstrika is also a good alternative. Lightningrod is their one of their regular abilities, so easy to find. They take in a lot of space though, being 1.6m and about 80kg. They probably eat a lot too, so expensive in the long run.

There's Electrike and Manectric for the dog-lovers. They have Lightningrod as one of their regular abilities too, and require less space and food than Zebstrika does.

I actually also really like Plusle, but Lightningrod is their Hidden Ability, and they may be rarer than Pichu/Pikachu depending on where you live. Most people prefer Pichu/Pikachu anyway though, so perhaps I could find a bargain somewhere?

Cubone requires much affection, and is rare, but could be a good choice as well (if your job enables you to give it the amount of attention it needs, until it has evolved). Lightningrod is one of the regular abilities.

Rhyhorn/don/perior seems like it would be very difficult to keep and maintain, requiring a lot of trainer skills to tame its wildness. Grace could do it though, so it's still and option. Actual trainers usually prefer Rock Head and Solid Rock though.

Finally, Goldeen and Seaking can have Lightningrod as well, though it is a Hidden Ability. It doesn't seem like such a good idea to use them for lightning absorption IRL though, because you need to keep them in the water and may be electrocuted if you accidentally touch that water after they have absorbed electricity.

I think it all depends on the person. Personally, I actually prefer Pikachu. Something about Raichu's design has always put me off using it in-game at least. The useless curls at its ears, the tail which seems less practical and realistic because of the huge end part compared to the thin length of the rest, shape of ears look less like a bunny (and I like bunnies), brown coloured paws, I kind of dislike it all. You also need a Thunder Stone to evolve it, and I don't know how expensive those would be IRL. Pichu would probably be easiest to keep.
In-game, its price is equivalent to 21 bucks. IRL, it would be the LEAST valuable, due to its lack of use - only 3 Pokemon need it, and Eelektross is VERY niche. The Dawn stone is less used, but its in-game price is FAR higher, and Dawn Stones aren't able to be mined with YOUR VOICE.

Thinking about it... I could actually see a rather tame Rotom being used by like an electrician or such. A Rotom flies around into electronics and electrical machinery so it might know when things just aren't right and might be able to help diagnose what's wrong. (Akin to how people can at least help doctor's diagnose their own problems by telling them their symptoms unlike regular animals)
Not sure how a Rotom would convey that information though. For instance if a dog is sick I'd still not know what the heck was wrong with it and need to call a vet. Wouldn't using a Rotom then turn the problem then from needing an electrician to needing a pokemon nurse?

Not sure how a Rotom would convey that information though. For instance if a dog is sick I'd still not know what the heck was wrong with it and need to call a vet. Wouldn't using a Rotom then turn the problem then from needing an electrician to needing a pokemon nurse?
Pokemon are at LEAST semi-sentient (given they understand commands perfectly and know whether they should or shouldn't obey them) so I assume you can teach it enough tricks to help point out problems.

I think Pichu is cuter than both! Pichu is god!

I think any Pokemon with teleport would be helpful. Also Alakazam with its IQ of 5000 or whatever and telepathic abilities could definitely help out haha.

I think Pichu is cuter than both! Pichu is god!
Boo. Boo. Boo. Mawile is way cuter.
I think any Pokemon with teleport would be helpful. Also Alakazam with its IQ of 5000 or whatever and telepathic abilities could definitely help out haha.
Not disagreed but.. If Alakazam would be that smart, no mysteries would exist in life and life will be boring.. :(

Whatsoever, beheeyem and deoxys, if real, would be considered practical Aliens. Woudn't they?

Boo. Boo. Boo. Mawile is way cuter.

Not disagreed but.. If Alakazam would be that smart, no mysteries would exist in life and life will be boring.. :(

Whatsoever, beheeyem and deoxys, if real, would be considered practical Aliens. Woudn't they?
Well, IRL we sent animals into space first. Potentially Beheeyem are just... an species of Pokemon from another world. And Deoxys supposedly only attained a mind of any kind near Earth, due to a laser.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Storm Drain: If there is a threat of flooding, either due to a rising sea level, melting mountain ice, or other causes, the only thing you will have to do in order to keep your village safe is surround it with a few Gastrodon. You could also use Cradily or Maractus for this, but their Hidden Abilities might be harder to breed or find?
"Mr. Mayor, the water levels are rising! What should we do?"
"Prepare the Gastrodon."

I've often wished I had a Rotom while waiting on line at Disney or Universal. At long last, Rotom Fan would have a vital use, even if it isn't necessarily in battle. That or Rotom Frost to carry drinks, and maybe ice cream.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I've often wished I had a Rotom while waiting on line at Disney or Universal. At long last, Rotom Fan would have a vital use, even if it isn't necessarily in battle. That or Rotom Frost to carry drinks, and maybe ice cream.
At home you could use it to mow you lawn or cook! -Looks at Mowtom and ToasterOventom- On second thought, I'd rather have it do those things for people that I hate...

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)