BW OU Reflections - A team by Stone_Cold (peaked #1)

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just clearing up the confusion, Stone's team plays 2 battles in a row without healing. He tried 3 for a while but that's just impossible, hence how he came to the 13 kills average.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Love that Dragonite set. *jacks and puts on next team*

Love everything about Dugtrio except maybe the pic... cmon Stone, I expected better from you. Why did you opt for a male one rather than a female.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^sac a mon - if it's mixed DNite can probably handle it. If it's a DDer, then Toed can probably PSong it / DNite, again, with MultiScale.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
FFS I ran into this team 4 times in a row with 4 different people using it (I beat them all though).

Congrats on #1. I'm curious though what is your plan against sand stall?

OK, let me edit this post after getting called out for /bragging:

This is a great team. Period. It takes a lot of skill to get to #1 and especially to do it with a unique offensive team. As like many good teams, people go and test them out on the ladder. I myself have NEVER had success copying another person's team because smart battlers know exactly what's coming and people do not play teams like the original creator does. The biggest mistake people make using this team is wasting Tornadus, because it can even take out much of a stall team when done correctly. The other mistake is thinking that Starmie can take out things like Jellicent that it would with Life Orb, but Jellicent recovers off the damage from an Energy Ball and stalls it out with Toxic. For this reason, I would try a Life Orb over Leftovers to do more power to ghosts and give you an easier time against hazards.

Again, congrats and sorry for /bragging earlier.

Ha. I have resorted to weather to counter all these top tier weather teams being posted.
Sand stall with hippo is a bitch to this team XD

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hippo never bothered me, and I normally don't have much trouble w/ stall. Especially if i get dnite by itself, it's normally over. Maybe it's cause you knew the team Tosh? Or you mighta just had the right ingredience to beat the team. This team can't beat everything, like I said it's not designed to. You do need to be fairly good at predicting as the team is fragile.

This is a beautiful team.
I always like to study how stronger can we get with only one thing that rules everything,that thing is called experience.
If I may ask,how long did it take you to perfect this team?

Dugtrio should be key in breaking stall. Take down a key member of their defensive core and spam shit they're not prepared to deal with after said poke is dead.

I just wanted to say how cool this team is, stone. As an offensive player, I appreciate the work you put in with this team.

One piece of advice though, wouldn't lefties or zap plate be better on jolteon? You're gonna be spamming thunder and volt switch anyways.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Dugtrio should be key in breaking stall. Take down a key member of their defensive core and spam shit they're not prepared to deal with after said poke is dead.

I just wanted to say how cool this team is, stone. As an offensive player, I appreciate the work you put in with this team.

One piece of advice though, wouldn't lefties or zap plate be better on jolteon? You're gonna be spamming thunder and volt switch anyways.
Ive tried ebelt, I have tried magnet, I have tried lefties, and you need ebelt to make sure hp ice kills gliscor. Otherwise, zap plate or magnet all day.

TY all for the constructive and positive comments guys. Originally I had rotom over jolt, but aside from that switch I haven't changed any other pokes. Some movesets but that's it.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
Yes because gliscor is a lot of times one of the only Jolt counters, so if I get the hp ice kill, I can often thunder sweep. :) And gliscor being dead is essential for a dnite sweep.

actually im going to go ahead and take credit for reversal dugtrio. created prior to spl

he can take credit for those evs though. since mine actually does max damage to bliss after sr and survives 2 stosses!

glory hogging one poke a time. who's next

ps your team is shitted on by any other dragonite coming in on dugtrio. ditch sub for toxic

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
actually im going to go ahead and take credit for reversal dugtrio. created prior to spl

he can take credit for those evs though. since mine actually does max damage to bliss after sr and survives 2 stosses!

glory hogging one poke a time. who's next

ps your team is shitted on by any other dragonite coming in on dugtrio. ditch sub for toxic
Love you too babe. <3 Btw I actually considered that, theres a few things in mind I think i'll do. <3

sot edit: lol mop so silly.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lum would screw with Toxic Duggy, though. If anything a Rock move or Memento would be better imo.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
Stone Edge would work however w/ Multi-Scale on Dnite the damage is laughable, risking a toxic is a lot more safe since Lum Dnite isn't THAT common. I see a lot of CB and LO these days.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
that dugtrio picture got me hot and bothered. bastard lol

<3 this team. effective and out of the box, the kinda team i like!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
use surf on starmie
use surf on politoed
use hp fight on torn

if it's not a 100% it fucking misses. this team is good but it always misses whenever it fucking matters

I must say, i was sceptical about the team and jolteon but after I tried it...
greaat job Stone_ Cold, it's seriously a great offensive team, and perhaps the best example of rain offense after the aldaron proposal
The only problem i've found is scarfhaxorus, but you can play with it and it's also very rare

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
(sees likes)

Oh its probably some generic team

(sees Jolteon and Sub DDnite)

Holy shit.
Good job on making a top tier team that uses Jolteon of all things effectively. Also that Sub DDnite set is killer. Epic team man, 13 luvdics.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
What a great dnite set. Why are you using those 80 def EVs?
Great rain offense team, congrats bro

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
Im using the 80 def ev's just to help give me a little edge vs cb scizor. Without those 80 def ev's, bullet punch is a bit more of a pain and w/ the ev's, it allows me to sub roost to +6 and sweep.

Your team Power Levels is Over9000!!!!!! Awesome team Stone Cold I saw loads of people using it on the Ladder today, but they used the team pretty badly (Amateurs).
Anyway Great achievement for peaking #1 no bad threats can really hurt this team.

Honestly, I can only find a couple nitpicks here:

Politoed:
You may want to try Surf over Perish Song. I run a ScarfToed, and I've got to admit, it's a mjor badass. However, revenging Excadrill with Hydro Pump is a bit touch and go; I like Surf for its easy, reliable power, and use Hydro Pump to decimate something when I really need the extra power.

Dugtrio: Why the HELL are you running Focus Sash and Substitute on the same set? Its defenses aren't taking any hits regardless, so run something like Sucker Punch or Shadow Claw over Substitute.

Starmie: Surf+LO>Hydo Pump+Lefties. Still OHKOs Scizor, and give Ice Beam and Hidden Power [Grass] that extra "oomph".

That's all I can do, hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)