Pet Mod Regional Evolutions (Concluded for Generation 8)

I hope I'm not too late! ^^; I decided to submit four different evolutionary lines this time around, with a special twist. This may be my most ambitious submission yet! Without further ado...

The work of Dr. Cara Liss, contrary to her personal claims, is not scientifically sound and therefore not to be trusted. In the wake of the defunding of her research program, the fossils she had acquired for use in her projects were sent off to other laboratories with a more efficient (and more importantly, more ethical) fossil restoration process. While this was instrumental in determining what the creatures these fossils once were looked like, what is more astounding is that three of them seem to be very closely related, if not identical, to a number of Pokémon that are still in existence today, and the remaining one is a variant of one of the other previously known fossil Pokémon. More research may be required to determine the exact relationships, but the pre-evolved forms of the Galarian fossils are classed as regional variants for the time being due to the similarities they share with the modern Pokémon families they so resemble.

(NOTE: In all cases where a variant corresponds to an existing Pokémon, the height and weight are unchanged.)

Galarian Larvitar, The Scale Armor Pokémon
An ancient relative of Johtonian Larvitar, it relied on its armored skin to protect itself. The spikes on its back deterred attacks from above.
Fossils suggest that it swallowed stones to help grind its food in its belly. Modern Larvitar seem to have learned their rock-eating habits in this way.

Updated Type: Rock/Dragon
Updated Abilities: Hustle (HA Sand Rush)
Updated Stats: 50/50/64/45/50/41 = 300
Removed Moves: Stomping Tantrum, Earthquake, Hyper Beam
Replacement Moves: Breaking Swipe, Dragon Rush, Giga Impact
New TMs: Smart Strike, Brutal Swing
Flavor/Design: This Larvitar is more hunched over, its back at a 45-degree angle relative to the ground. Its tail is larger as well, with two small spikes on either side at the tip, and the "rosette" surrounding the base is absent. Three triangular plates also jut out from its back, resembling those on Yanmega in shape. It is dark green in color, a little lighter in hue than the "Draco-" part of Dracozolt/Dracovish, with the belly patch being red like the "Draco-" part's back, and the plates and toe claws being the same shade of pink.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: I simply switched the Attack and Defense stats here, given that I was going for a more defensive stat spread, though still with a solid attack stat to back it up.

Galarian Pupitar, The Hard Skull Pokémon
It resembles a fossilized dinosaur skull, terrifying its enemies into fleeing. While slower than Johtonian Pupitar, it can still move about without much issue.
An ancient predator once stalked the lands where this Pokémon lived. By mimicking the appearance of this creature, it didn't need to worry about being attacked.

Updated Type: Rock/Dragon
Updated Abilities: Hustle (HA Sand Rush)
Updated Stats: 70/70/84/65/70/51 = 410
Removed Moves: Iron Defense, Leer, Payback, Stomping Tantrum, Earthquake, Thrash, Hyper Beam
Replacement Moves: Scary Face, Growl, Ancient Power, Dragon Tail, Dragon Rush, Giga Impact
Flavor/Design: This Pupitar resembles the skull of a Tyrantrum balanced on the tip of its snout, with the eyes peeping out of the "sockets". Instead of bluish-gray like modern Pupitar, it is bone white in color.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Same as with Galarian Larvitar.

The Ancient Drake Pokémon
When it shows off the plates on its back and its spiky tail, nobody dares to get near it for fear of mortal injury. Fossils of this ancient Pokémon were once referred to as "dragon bones".
This herbivore's brain is so tiny that at one time, it was thought to have been too stupid to survive. It didn't need smarts to defeat its predators, however - its tail spikes were enough.

Name origin: Draconic+whatever the heck the "-itar" part of Tyranitar's name is derived from
Type: Rock/Dragon
Abilities: Thagomizer [Iron Fist clone for tail moves, same as in the Unovan Amaura line I've subbed previously] (HA Sand Rush)
Stats: 100/110/134/75/130/51 = 600
New Moves: Thunder Tail (Electric-type Poison Tail clone that causes paralysis), Comet Tail (Ice-type Poison Tail clone that causes freezing), and Torch Tail (Fire-type Poison Tail clone that causes burning), replacing the elemental fang moves; Ancient Power (in place of Payback); Breaking Swipe (replaces Bite); Dragon Pulse (replaces Dark Pulse); Dragon Tail (replaces Earthquake); Dragon Rush (replaces Thrash); Spike Strike (Dragon-type tail-based Bolt Beak clone, replaces Crunch)
Flavor/Design: The back half of this quadrupedal plant-eating beast is identical to that of Dracozolt (the Fossilized Drake half), except with one important distinction: the tail is noticeably thicker at the tip, and ends with four long, pink spikes arranged in the same way as the spikes near the end of Tyranitar's tail (albeit twice as long as those of Tyranitar); the spikes are a relatively new discovery that was not associated with the Fossilized Drake at first. The front half, meanwhile, is identical to Tyranitar's, though with a neck that's twice as long and a bit thinner and more tapering, along with forelimbs oriented downwards for walking on all fours. The horns on the head are also different, with the middle one being shorter and the ones on the outer sides being longer. The color scheme of the front half is the same dark green as the back half, with a lighter green underbelly and the red stripy back markings continuing along the back and the top of the neck; the chest patch is also red. The plates on the back and neck are the same pink as those on the back half.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Tyranitar's stat spread is 100/134/110/95/100/61. I switched the Attack and Defense around as usual, but this time I also took 10 points each from Special Attack and Speed to give to Defense. This results in a slower but more fortified defensive tank with a literal sting in its tail, able to abuse Thagomizer to smack things silly with Breaking Swipe, the elemental tail moves, or Dragon Tail to force switches. Alternatively, Sand Rush allows it to remain viable in Sandstorm teams, allowing it to strike more quickly and land devastating blows, though even this may not be quite enough to help it become a proper sweeper, and its sledgehammer-like stat spread with its meaty defenses is better off being used to help it trade hits with powerful opponents.

Inspirations: Most people hypothesized that the Fossilized Drake is a Stegosaurus or a close relative, so I combined that idea with a surprisingly plausible fan-theory a friend of mine came up with that Tyranitar is an herbivore. I vacillated as to whether to give it a proper thagomizer to match both Tyranitar's tail and those of actual stegosaurs, but ultimately I decided to throw it in because having it be missing from the Drake halves of both Dracozolt and Dracovish is right in line with the notion that the Galar fossils are incomplete to start with. It's not like there isn't precedence for this in real-world palaeontology, either - nobody knew that Ankylosaurus had a bony club on its tail when it was first discovered!

-----

Galarian Gible, The Ice Shark Pokémon
These prehistoric Gible were used to live in the water instead of on land. Their fossils have been found with traces of a chemical that allowed them to withstand extreme cold.
With a powerful set of jaws, it took massive bites out of its prey after ambushing it from below. With its flipper-like limbs, it could swim quickly, but was much slower on land.

Updated Type: Ice/Dragon
Updated Abilities: Slush Rush (HA Ice Body)
Updated Stats: 58/70/35/60/35/42 = 300
Removed Moves: Sand Attack, Sandstorm, Sand Tomb, Dig
Replacement Moves: Powder Snow, Ancient Power, Freeze Dry, Icicle Crash
New TMs: Rain Dance, Hail, Whirlpool, Dive, Icicle Spear, Brine, Avalanche, Ice Fang, Breaking Swipe
Flavor/Design: Galarian Gible is the same sea-blue on top and the same ice-blue below as the Arcto- half of Arctozolt and Arctovish. It has four flippers instead of arms and legs, which are dark blue like those on the Arcto-, with simple white tips; its dorsal fin is also dark blue. Instead of hammerhead protrusions on the sides of its face, it has short, round, dark blue bony bosses resembling earmuffs.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: From a starting spread of 58/70/45/40/45/42, I took 10 points each from both defenses and added them to Sp. Atk. I intend for this thing to be a mixed attacker, but at the expense of being more frail than the regular Gible line is.

Galarian Gabite, The Gnashing Pokémon
Its powerful jaws made it a formidable threat in ancient times, but if stranded on the shore it was slow-moving and vulnerable. As such, it quickly went extinct after sea levels dropped.
Some fossils of these Gabite show evidence of a special chest organ that kept their temperature low even in warm oceans. Ice and snow seems to have formed on their bodies as a result.

Updated Type: Ice/Dragon
Updated Abilities: Slush Rush (HA Ice Body)
Updated Stats: 68/90/45/90/35/82 = 410
Removed Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Sandstorm, Sand Tomb, Slash, Dig
Replacement Moves: Bite, Powder Snow, Ancient Power, Freeze Dry, Crunch, Icicle Crash
Flavor/Design: The same changes made to Galarian Gible apply to Galarian Gabite (sea-blue on top, ice-blue below, dark blue flippers with white tips instead of legs, dark blue dorsal fins, dark blue "earmuffs"). Notably, the lower jaw is the same dark blue as the flippers, as are the fins on the arms. The upper torso and neck are covered in white snow resembling that of the Arcto- as well, though non-layered. The head meanwhile is twice as long as in regular Gabite, with the protruding teeth positioned near the end of the snout instead of at the back of the mouth.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Same deal as with Galarian Gible, but with Gabite's spread of 68/90/65/50/55/82. The defense deductions are by 20 points each now.

The Ancient Hunter Pokémon
An apex marine predator in an ancient sea, Arctochomp had one of the strongest bites of any Pokémon. Its teeth emitted an icy energy as it bit into prey, freezing it solid from the inside out.
It cruised the chilly waters of the north millions of years ago at speeds rivaling modern motorboats. It froze the water around it to capture prey, before crunching it into smaller pieces to swallow.

Name origin: Arctic+Chomp (the "o" instead of "i" connects to the "Arcto-' part of Arctozolt and Arctovish)
Type: Ice/Dragon
Abilities: Slush Rush (HA Ice Body)
Stats: 108/130/70/130/40/102 = 600
New Moves: Bite, Powder Snow, Ancient Power, Freeze Dry, Biting Chill (Ice-type Fishious Rend clone), Chomp Down (Dragon-type Crunch clone), and Icicle Crash (respectively replacing Tackle, Sand Attack, Sandstorm, Sand Tomb, Slash, Dragon Claw, and Dig), along with Aqua Jet in place of Fire Fang.
Flavor/Design: The back half of Arctochomp is identical to the Arcto- half of Arctozolt and Arctovish, but with a dark blue fin shaped like that of Garchomp sticking out of the back, through the layered snow covering the front half of the body; the white frontmost part is extended to also cover the short but thick neck; the front limbs are identical to those of Garchomp except for the color, which is the same dark blue as the Arcto-'s tail fin and flippers, with white spots and tips on the ends of the fins. The head is similar to Garchomp but sea blue above like the torso and dark blue below like the flippers and fins, with the hammerhead protrusions replaced by light blue nodules this time, the same color as on the belly. The jaws, meanwhile, are twice as long as with Garchomp, looking almost like the maw of Feraligatr albeit narrower, with the star-shaped marking on the front of the snout being white.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Garchomp's stat spread is 108/130/95/80/85/102. I took 25 points each from the defenses to add to the Special Attack this time, making both offensive stats equal and cementing the mixed attacker role. I didn't change the Speed, so this thing is a decently fast but frail mixed sweeper, able to abuse the offensive strengths of both of its types to deal absolutely tremendous destruction on anything in the same body of water (Slush Rush is from Arctovish and Arctozolt, but that's probably due to living in polar seas where the surface water freezes over).
As for Biting Chill, there was some concern about it being stupidly hax with the impressive speed of Unovan Tyrunt's evo Arctyrant, and given that Arctochomp's speed stat is nearly identical, I've decided to nerf the move itself so its raw damage without the priority boost is a measly 50 BP, the same as Poison Fang.

Inspirations: I don't like how the fossil that gives us the Arcto- halves of Arctovish and Arctozolt is called the "Fossilized Dino" in English, so I leaned into how the Japanese translation is "Fossilized Plesiosaur" (plesiosaurs aren't even closely related to dinosaurs, mind). The fin on the tail made me think of Garchomp and, given its predatory nature, I decided that the best solution was to base Arctochomp off a pliosaur (a type of short-necked plesiosaur), the group including genera such as Pliosaurus, Liopleurodon, or Kronosaurus. The patterning on the flippers of the Arcto- design reminded me of the Walking With Dinosaurs Liopleurodon, and the rest was easy.
Hypothetically speaking, Draconitar and Arctochomp would likely be version-exclusive counterparts of one another, both because this can also be said for the Fossilized Drake and Fossilized "Dino", and also because the two beasties themselves have both a "sea vs. land" duality and a "carnivore vs. herbivore" one.

-----

The First Bird Pokémon
Its feathers were highly conductive, able to emit a magnetic field to help it float for brief periods while chasing prey. It could not truly fly, however, and preferred to hunt on the ground.
Closely related to Unovan Archen, it would eat almost anything it could fit in its beak. It channeled electricity through its beak, wing feathers, and talons to roast its food on the spot.

Updated Type: Electric/Flying
Updated Abilities: Static (HA Volt Absorb)
Updated Stats: 55/74/45/92/45/90 = 401
Removed Moves: Rock Throw, Dragon Breath, Rock Slide
Replacement Moves: Thunder Shock, Discharge, Bolt Beak
New TMs: Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Electroweb, Electric Terrain, Eerie Impulse
Flavor/Design: The feathers on the torso and arms of this kind of Archen are the same shade of yellow as the main body of the -zolt half of Dracozolt and Arctozolt, and the neck and head are the same color and join smoothly with the body. The beak is unchanged, but lacks teeth, instead having jagged edges resembling them like -zolt's mouth does. The wing and tail feathers are pointy and glow light yellow like -zolt's wings do.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Archen has a stat spread of 55/112/45/74/45/70. I switched the Attack and Special Attack around, and then subtracted 20 points from the higher of the two (the stat with 112) and gave them to Speed, making this Archen a fast mixed sweeper that isn't hampered by the Defeatist ability.

The Ancient Bird Pokémon
This prehistoric bird Pokémon was only recently discovered to be related to Archeops. Its wing feathers channeled enough electrical charge to propel it through the air for astounding leaps.
It lived in forested areas millions of years ago, swooping down onto its prey from the canopy and piercing it with electrified claws. When the trees it nested in vanished, however, so did it.

Name origin: Archaeopteryx+Ozone+Volt
Type: Electric/Flying
Abilities: Static (HA Volt Absorb)
Stats: 75/120/75/120/75/112 = 567
New Moves: Thunder Shock, Discharge, and Bolt Beak in place of Rock Throw, Dragon Breath, and Rock Slide
Flavor/Design: Take the front half of Dracozolt, stick on the back half of Archeops, replace the legs with those of Staraptor albeit the same red as the cheek patches, change the tail feathers into a glowing light yellow lightning bolt shape like on Raichu's tail, and have the innermost front toes sport glowing yellow sickle claws like a Velociraptor. That's this guy. The eyes are open by default, resembling Dracozolt's eyes just after it wakes up in Pokémon Camp.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Archeops' stat spread is 75/140/65/112/65/110 for a BST of 567, which is actually so powerful that its ability is a deliberate nerf. I decided to tone down the stats a bit, switching the Attack and Special Attack as usual before deducting 20 points each from both.
8/12 EDIT: Since the rules specified that the BST should be the same as the original evolved form, I made the changes specified Samtendo09:
+10 on both Defense and Special Defense and then +20 on Attack. I also transferred 2 points from Attack to Speed so the offenses would be exactly equal, resulting in a fast mixed attacker with frail defenses and unhelpful abilities.

Inspirations: Velociraptor is the most obvious inspiration here, but my keeping the Archeo- part for this variant's name is for a more obscure but still relevant reason. There was a hoax fossil called "Archaeoraptor" that was a composite of the front half of the fossil bird Yanornis, the tail of Microraptor, and the legs of an unknown animal. It isn't a coincidence that Archaeozolt is a composite of Archeops and the Fossilized Bird in almost the exact same fashion - except that in universe, it's an actual Pokémon and not a mishmash of several different ones. That's what the canon Galar fossils are for!

-----

The Longevity Pokémon
The skin on its face is virtually indestructible, but it can only swim very slowly along the seabed due to its head being so heavy. These Relicanth went extinct when faster predators evolved.
It seems to have hunted by sucking prey into its large mouth, which seems to have evolved from modified gills ages ago. It is closely related to the ancestor of all jawed vertebrate Pokemon.

Updated Type: Water/Steel
Updated Abilities: Strong Jaw or Heavy Metal (HA Water Absorb)
Updated Stats: 100/130/90/45/65/55 = 485
Removed Moves: Flail, Tackle, Harden, Mud Sport, Head Smash, Rock Tomb, Take Down, Yawn, Rest, Double-Edge
Replacement Moves: Water Gun, Bite, Iron Defense, Autotomize, Saw Tooth (Steel-type Crunch clone), Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Super Fang, Protect, Fishious Rend
Flavor/Design: This Relicanth is dark blue, without the map-like markings or red spot on its sides, but with a dark blue-gray streak along each lateral line instead, the underbelly being the same light blue as the patch on the -vish half's head between the eyes. The head itself is the same sky-blue as the main head color of the -vish half, with a light blue spot on the forehead and rounded flanges on either side instead of pointy ones.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Hoennian Relicanth has a stat spread of 100/90/130/45/65/55. Water/Steel is a solid defensive type combo, and I wanted a more offensively bent variant, so I just switched the Attack and Defense stats. That was it. No other changes necessary.

The Ancient Fish Pokémon
Despite being packed with powerful muscle, its heavy armor and great weight made it difficult for it to swim quickly. This did not make it any less dangerous, however - its razor-edged maw could open fast enough to draw its prey inside.
The armored plating on its head was reinforced with metals absorbed from its surroundings through its gills. Most attacks would bounce right off of it, leaving it free to slam its head or jaws into its opponent and tear it to shreds.

Name origin: Relic+Diluvial+Fish
Type: Water/Steel
Abilities: Strong Jaw or Heavy Metal (HA Water Absorb)
Stats: 100/130/90/55/95/65 = 535
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Liquidation
Flavor/Design: Take Dracovish's -vish half, color the mouth and upper head patch (which is red on Dracovish) a steely blue-gray like Skarmory's neck plates, and slap it on the body of Galarian Relicanth, scaled up accordingly, along with making all the fins like those of the -vish half instead of those of Relicanth, including a somewhat tadpole-like tail fin. Simple, no?
The height of Reluvish is slightly higher than that of Sharpedo, at 1.9 m, while its weight is a bit less than that of Copperajah, at a hefty 600 kg.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: The same stat spread as Galarian Relicanth, but with 30 points added to Special Defense, 10 to Speed, and 10 to Special Attack. This thing is a physical tank, with the same Fishous Rend strategy as Dracovish, though with slightly more HP, slightly worse speed, and a whopping nine resistances. Have fun!

Inspirations: Do I need to say Dunkleosteus? People have been clamoring for a Relicanth evolution based on this thing for ages now, but the Fossilized Fish is a Pokémon-ified Dunkleosteus already, so since regional evolutions are now a thing, my compromise between the two was to just have them both be one and the same.

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.

Pokémon: Distorted Grimer
New Typing: Dark
New Abilities: Swarm / Curse Touch (Poison Touch Clone, sets curse on physical attackers)
New Stats: 79 / 79 / 23 / 53 / 37 / 53
New Moves: Bite, Fling, Knock Off, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Payback, Brutal Swing, Fling, Snarl, Assurance, Infestation, Bug Buzz, String Shot, Fell Stinger, Lunge
Removed Moves: All Poison Moves, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch

Distorted Grimer appears in the form of a viscous collection of black goo with a crimson fade. It lacks the arms its Kantonian and Alolan counterpart possessed. It houses strange insects that may or may not be Pokemon inside its body.

Pokémon: Gunjscum
New Typing: Dark
New Abilities: Swarm / Curse Touch
New Stats: 97 / 113 / 67 / 89 / 73 / 101
New Moves: + Grimer moves, Teleport, Defend Order, Heal Order, Attack Order
Removed Moves: All Poison Moves, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch

Strangely enough, I received the Gunjscum info from...a strange source. It's damaged, but you can fill in the gaps.

Gunjscum i_ p_werf_l...a_d dang_ero_s. It se_ks the p_wer of G______ Orb i_ an _ffort to gain ultimate power...is s_ch a crea__re be cap_ble of wieldin_ that _owe_?

It c__ be de__ted by t__ sound of insa__ laug__er.

Pokémon: Kantonian Dreepy
New Typing: Poison / Ghost
New Abilities: Infiltrator / Poison Point / Merciless
New Stats: 28 / 60 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 92
New Moves: Poison Sting, Toxic, Poison Gas, Poison Tail, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder
Removed Moves: All Dragon Type moves, Thunder Wave, Sucker Punch, Bite

A more aggressive form of Dreepy, used by the Fuisha City clan. Their horns are replaced by a single, aerodynamic pin, which helps them fly in straight lines. The red lines on their body are now purple.

Pokémon: Kantonian Drakloak
New Stats: 68 / 80 / 50 / 50 / 50 / 112
New Moves: + Dreepy Moves, Coil, Acid Spray, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Venom Drench
Removed Moves: All Dragon Type moves, Thunder Wave, Sucker Punch, Bite

Kantonian Drakloak are known to be faster than their Galarian counterpart, and their shooting speed is no joke. They're known to have made incredible shots from nearly a mile or two away. They resemble their Galarian counterpart, with red over purple, a darker hue, and blowdart like point on their head.

Pokémon: Drakdart
New Stats: 80 / 125 / 85 / 80 / 80 / 150
New Moves: +Dreepy and Drakloak, Poison Dart (Poison Type Dragon Dart Clone, 100 BP- hits once, poisons foe 100%)
Removed Moves: All Dragon Type moves, Thunder Wave, Sucker Punch, Bite, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Thunder, Solar Beam

Drakdart resembles a Dragapult, but with a single blowdart like weapon on their head. They're quiet and faster than the average Dragapult, and deadlier than one would expect. They carry a single Dreepy with them at a time, and launch it at an incredible speed to strike their opponents down.

Pokémon: Alolan Venonat
New Typing: Ice / Bug
New Abilities: Tinted Lens / Snow Cloak / Snow Warning
New Stats: 60 / 60 / 50 / 40 / 55 / 45
New Moves: Aurora Veil, Hail, Mist, Triple Axel, Icicle Spear, Ice Ball, Ice Shard, Powder Snow, Icy Wind, Camoflauge
Removed Moves: All Poison Moves

Alolan Venonats are a rare sight on Mt. Lanakila- they blend in perfectly with the snowy enviroment. They can be spotted by their piercing green eyes and black limbs, with a darkish blue fur.

Pokémon: Alolan Venomoth
New Typing: Ice / Bug
New Abilities: Tinted Lens / Scrap Eater (Steel Immunity Version of Motor Drive) / Snow Warning
New Stats: 70 / 60 / 60 / 90 / 90 / 80
New Moves: + Venonat Moves, Frost Breath, Aurora Beam, Ice Fang, Freeze Dry, Ice Beam, Blizzard

Alolan Venomoth are...very strange. They tend to consume metal for producing off spring- during the construction of the Pokemon League, there were constant delays in progress because the Venomoths ate the tools needed for construction.

Pokémon: Venozero
New Typing: Ice / Dark
New Abilities: Tinted Lens / Scrap Eater / Snow Warning
New Stats: 90 / 70 / 80 / 120 / 115 / 90
New Moves: + Venonat and Venomoth, Cold Sap (Ice Type Strength Sap), Dark Pulse, Night Daze, Night Slash, Taunt, Beat Up, Foul Play, Lash Out, Thief

A humanoid moth like Pokemon, Venozero tends to freeze targets solid. Being frozen by a Venozero is very frightening- surviving victims describe their ice as being so cold it burns.

read my ben 10 fanfic hahahah

Pokémon: Alolan Unown
New Typing: Fairy
New Abilities: Levitate
New Stats: 60 / 60 / 60 / 60 / 60 / 60
New Moves: Fairy Wind, Floral Healing, Misty Terrain, Fairy Lock, Charm, Disarming Voice, Round, Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Misty Explosion, Play Rough
Removed Moves: Hidden Power

Strange creatures bearing resemblance to Unown have been found floating around places where the Tapu rest. It's unknown what purpose they serve- maybe a way to communicate with the world, but these Pokemon are dangerous.

Pokémon: Venunown
New Typing: Fairy / Electric
New Abilities: Electric Surge
New Stats: 70 / 70 / 70 / 110 / 70 / 110
New Moves: Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Rising Voltage, Zap Cannon, Rising Voltage, Charge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge, Sludge Wave, Gunk Shot, String Shot, Lunge, Ally Switch

A spidery like evolution of Unown found on Melemele. It bravely defends the ruins and captures any people who make cause trouble for the Tapu.

Pokémon: Unmalgamate
New Typing: Fairy / Psychic
New Abilities: Psychic Surge
New Stats: 70 / 70 / 70 / 110 / 110 / 70
New Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Psywave, Expanding Force, Calm Mind, Gravity, Guard Split, Guard Swap, Ally Switch, Hypnosis, Miracle Eye

A strange mangled mess of what resembles a human. Being within a certain radius of it causes massive headaches- perhaps that's why it stays so close to its Tapu.

Pokémon: Nazkrypt
New Typing: Fairy / Grass
New Abilities: Grassy Surge
New Stats: 70 / 110 / 110 / 70 / 70 / 70
New Moves: Vine Whip, Magical Leaf, Spore, Spiky Shield, Strength Sap, Grassy Glide, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Wood Hammer, Giga Drain, Ally Switch, Power Whip, Wood Hammer

A lizard like Unown evolution. It's purpose is to refurbish the desert around it- shame its incredibly lazy, much like its master.

Pokémon: Kryptc
New Typing: Fairy / Water
New Abilities: Misty Surge
New Stats: 110 / 70 / 70 / 70 / 110 / 70
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Surf, Waterfall, Water Gun, Scald, Rain Dance, Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring, Brine, Bubblebeam, Life Dew, Soak, Water Spout, Ally Switch, Heal Pulse

The dolphin like Kryptc, similar to its respective Tapu, gains energy from ocean currents. It's a very caring pokemon, healing Pokemon in need of it.

RESUBS:

Pokémon: Hoennian Yamask
New Typing: Electric / Ghost
New Abilities: Electrical Interference (Neutralizing Gas clone)
New Stats: 30 / 65 / 30 / 85 / 30 / 55
Added Moves: Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Thunder Shock, Thunder Punch, Shock Wave, Rising Voltage, Parabolic Charge, Charge, Magnet Rise, Electro Ball, Charge Beam, Discharge, Poltergeist

Hoennian Yamask dwell in Old Mauville, hiding in various abandoned technology. The most commonly found form is an old game system. You can tell an Hoennian Yamask is close when you can hear the sound of a video game soundtrack.

Pokémon: Retrorigus
New Typing: Electric / Ghost
New Abilities: Electrical Interference (Neutralizing Gas clone)
New Stats: 58 / 105 / 50 / 135 / 50 / 125
Added Moves: Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Thunder Shock, Thunder Punch, Shock Wave, Rising Voltage, Parabolic Charge, Charge, Magnet Rise, Electro Ball, Charge Beam, Discharge, Poltergeist

Retrorigus possesses obselete technology, empowering its body. However, due to the age of the technology, it lacks the defense of its counterparts. It holds no malicous intent towards humans, and shows some mild interest in technology of now. It's body is made up of the Gameboy, a few link cables and an old TV.

Pokemon: Unovan Rolycoly
New Typing: Rock / Poison
New Abilities: Steam Engine / Poison Point / Corrosion
New Stats: 30 / 50 / 40 / 50 / 40 / 30
Removed Moves: All Fire Type Moves
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Poison Gas, Corrosive Gas, Poison Tail, Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Veno Shock, Smog, Clear Smog, Venoshock

Rolycoly in Unova dwell in the Castellia Sewage system. They collect all the trash in the waters to power up their bodies and collect speed. The main difference between a Galarian Rolycoly and Unovan Rolycoly is that the Unovan Rolycoly has the "eye" reversed, and its greenish hue. It carries waste on its back instead of rocks.

Pokemon: Unovan Carkol
New Stats: 50 / 90 / 60 / 70 / 60 / 80
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Poison Gas, Corrosive Gas, Poison Tail, Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Veno Shock, Smog, Clear Smog, Venoshock

Unovan Carkol are notably faster than their Galarian counterparts- they secrete some sort of energy that makes themselves faster when rolling on surfaces with that goop on it. They carry trash in their carts. They're very popular with dumpster divers.

Pokemon: Uraniossal
New Stats: 60 / 105 / 75 / 100 / 75 / 105
New Moves: Uranium Douse (Tar Shot clone, doubles effectiveness of Poison type moves), Toxic Spikes, Poison Gas, Corrosive Gas, Poison Tail, Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Veno Shock, Smog, Clear Smog, Venoshock

The energy on Unovan Carkol causes them to evolve differently, into the enviromentally hazardous Uraniossal. Uraniossal are banned in a few parts of the region due to the damage they can cause...unintentionally. They're rather nice Pokemon, its just that the energy it generates...causes minor issues.

It resembles a Godzilla-esqe Pokemon- the back now carries yellowish stones with a greenish glow.

Pokémon: Kalosian Pichu
New Typing: Fire
New Abilities: Flame Body / Toast (Ripen Clone, roasts Berries and doubles their effect.) / Flash Fire
New Stats: 20 / 15 / 40 / 35 / 60 / 35
New Moves: Fire Spin, Ember, Sunny Day, Will O Wisp, Incinerate, Fire Fang, Burning Jealousy, Flame Burst, Fire Punch, Mystical Fire, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Burn Up, Overheat
Removed Moves: All Electric Moves

Pichu in Kalos are commonly seen hanging around the tastiest bakeries. Bakers have even taken some in to help with the baking process. They're adorable little helpers. They have a redish tint to their fur, and a slightly larger tail.

Pokémon: Kalosian Pikachu
New Abilities: Flame Body / Toast (Ripen Clone, roasts Berries and doubles their effect.) / Flash Fire
New Stats: 35 / 40 / 55 / 50 / 90 / 50
New Moves: Fire Spin, Ember, Sunny Day, Will O Wisp, Incinerate, Fire Fang, Burning Jealousy, Flame Burst, Fire Punch, Mystical Fire, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Burn Up, Overheat

Kalosian Pikachu are commonly used as waiters for restaurants. Some shadier restaurants use them for scamming others into giving tips. They use their tail as a tray to serve others. They have a scarlet fur tone, and their cheek pouches are black. They store heat inside their cheeks.

Pokémon: Pikachouille
New Stats: 70 / 55 / 100 / 80 / 110 / 80

Pikachouille are some of the biggest critics in the region of food. If a Pikachouille does not like your food, retire and pack it up. They resemble a fatter, taller Pikachu, specifically the gigantamax form- it uses its tail as a stove top to cook berries and other foods. It dwarfs Snorlax in size.

Hang on, you’ve got 7 subs here. Aren’t you only supposed to have 6 per slate?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

The Ancient Bird Pokémon
This prehistoric bird Pokémon was only recently discovered to be related to Archeops. Its wing feathers channeled enough electrical charge to propel it through the air for astounding leaps.
It lived in forested areas millions of years ago, swooping down onto its prey from the canopy and piercing it with electrified claws. When the trees it nested in vanished, however, so did it.

Name origin: Archaeopteryx+Ozone+Volt
Type: Electric/Flying
Abilities: Static (HA Volt Absorb)
Stats: 75/92/65/120/65/110 = 527
New Moves: Thunder Shock, Discharge, and Bolt Beak in place of Rock Throw, Dragon Breath, and Rock Slide
Flavor/Design: Take the front half of Dracozolt, stick on the back half of Archeops, replace the legs with those of Staraptor albeit the same red as the cheek patches, change the tail feathers into a glowing light yellow lightning bolt shape like on Raichu's tail, and have the innermost front toes sport glowing yellow sickle claws like a Velociraptor. That's this guy. The eyes are open by default, resembling Dracozolt's eyes just after it wakes up in Pokémon Camp.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Archeops' stat spread is 75/140/65/112/65/110 for a BST of 567, which is actually so powerful that its ability is a deliberate nerf. I decided to tone down the stats a bit, switching the Attack and Special Attack as usual before deducting 20 points each from both.

Inspirations: Velociraptor is the most obvious inspiration here, but my keeping the Archeo- part for this variant's name is for a more obscure but still relevant reason. There was a hoax fossil called "Archaeoraptor" that was a composite of the front half of the fossil bird Yanornis, the tail of Microraptor, and the legs of an unknown animal. It isn't a coincidence that Archaeozolt is a composite of Archeops and the Fossilized Bird in almost the exact same fashion - except that in universe, it's an actual Pokémon and not a mishmash of several different ones. That's what the canon Galar fossils are for!
The BST of Archeozolt still doesn't matches Archeops (567), so most I could suggest is to give +10 on Defense, Special Defense and then +20 on Attack. It's nowhere as extreme as Archeops' own stat distribution since it's Attack would be no higher than it's Special Attack, plus situational Abilities.

Anyways, it is time for the voting slate. alephgalactus will help out compiling the submissions.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
transwiththeplans
:grimer:Distorted Grimer/Gunjscum
:dreepy:Kantonian Dreepy/Drakloak/Drakdart
:venonat:Alolan Venonat/Venomoth/Venozero
:unown:Alolan Unown/Venunown/Unmalgamate/Nazkrypt/Kryptc
:rolycoly:Unovan Rolycoly/Carkol/Uraniossal
:pichu:Kalosian Pichu/Pikachu/Pikachouille
Revenge of Depressed Gay
:cubone:Unovan Cubone/Wrafili
:scraggy:Johtonian Scraggy/Goekawa
:dratini:Ultra Dratini/Dragonair/Figmenite
:slurpuff:Unovan Slurpuff/Birfdayfaek
ImperialGamer517
:ferroseed:Galarian Ferroseed/Cavalrace
:dreepy:Hoennian Dreepy/Drakloak/Leranidra
:clauncher:Unovan Clauncher/Mutblitzol/Mutblitzol-Zen
alephgalactus
:qwilfish:Kantonian Qwilfish/Bakufugu
:mr. mime:Hoennian Mr. Mime/Mr. Climb
:glameow:Kalosian Glameow/Purugly/Purradox
:bonsly:Unovan Bonsly/Sudowoodo/Fauxliage
:snubbull:Galarian Snubbull/Granbull/Constabull
:morelull:Unovan Morelull/Shiinotic/Hallucybin
Stitch98
:glameow:Distorted Glameow/Purugly/Cheshireal
:croagunk:Unovan Croagunk/Healotus
Falchion
:larvitar:Galarian Larvitar/Pupitar/Draconitar
:gible:Galarian Gible/Gabite/Arctochomp
:archen:Galarian Archen/Archeozolt
:relicanth:Galarian Relicanth/Reluvish
All right, it’s voting time!

My Galarian Larvitar/Pupitar/Draconitar
My Galarian Archen/Archeozolt
transwiththeplans' Kantonian Dreepy/Drakloak/Drakdart
ImperialGamer517's Galarian Ferroseed/Cavalrace
Stitch98's Distorted Glameow/Purugly/Cheshireal
alphegalacticus' Kantonian Qwilfish/Bakufugu

The BST of Archeozolt still doesn't matches Archeops (567), so most I could suggest is to give +10 on Defense, Special Defense and then +20 on Attack. It's nowhere as extreme as Archeops' own stat distribution since it's Attack would be no higher than it's Special Attack, plus situational Abilities.

Anyways, it is time for the voting slate. alephgalactus will help out compiling the submissions.
The BST nerf was intentional on my part. Archeops was an incredibly dangerous physical attacker back in the day before power creep caught up to it, so the Defeatist ability was meant as a power limiter so it could only be used with extreme care. Since Archeozolt's abilities do not present a power limiter, I decided to give it a lower BST that's more in line with that of most other fully evolved Pokemon that also aren't gimmicky in nature, which usually ranges between 520 and 540. That said, however, if it's inconsistent with the BST of the alternate regional evo being required to be the same as the original (though I'm not sure if this rule exists), then I'll gladly accept your critique and adjust it accordingly should I resubmit this line.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
My Galarian Larvitar/Pupitar/Draconitar
My Galarian Gible/Gabite/Arctochomp
My Galarian Archen/Archeozolt
My Galarian Relicanth/Reluvish
transwiththeplans' Kantonian Dreepy/Drakloak/Drakdart
ImperialGamer517's Galarian Ferroseed/Cavalrace
Stitch98's Distorted Glameow/Purugly/Cheshireal
alphegalacticus' Kantonian Qwilfish/Bakufugu

The BST nerf was intentional on my part. Archeops was an incredibly dangerous physical attacker back in the day before power creep caught up to it, so the Defeatist ability was meant as a power limiter so it could only be used with extreme care. Since Archeozolt's abilities do not present a power limiter, I decided to give it a lower BST that's more in line with that of most other fully evolved Pokemon that also aren't gimmicky in nature, which usually ranges between 520 and 540. That said, however, if it's inconsistent with the BST of the alternate regional evo being required to be the same as the original (though I'm not sure if this rule exists), then I'll gladly accept your critique and adjust it accordingly should I resubmit this line.
This is fair, although the reason I said it is because Perrserker and Runerigus, the original Replacement Evolutions (or alternative Regional Evolutions as you calls them) have the same BST as their original counterpart (Persian and Cofagrigus respectively), same of how most branched evolutions shares the same BST.

I'll make this rule clear in the ruleset.

This is fair, although the reason I said it is because Perrserker and Runerigus, the original Replacement Evolutions (or alternative Regional Evolutions as you calls them) have the same BST as their original counterpart (Persian and Cofagrigus respectively), same of how most branched evolutions shares the same BST.

I'll make this rule clear in the ruleset.
Alright, fair. I went with your suggestions and fixed Archeozolt's BST accordingly. I'll keep this in mind for future submissions!

My Galarian Ferroseed Line
My Unovan Clauncher Line
RODG’s Unovan Cubone Line
transwiththeplans’s Kantonian Dreepy Line
transwiththeplans’s Kalosian Pichu Line
Falchion’s Galarian Gible Line

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I will extend the voting phase tomorrow, but at the same time, I'll vote too. This is because I going to be busy with other things, plus we only have five voters (including me) so far.

alphegalacticus' Hoennian Mr. Mime Line
Falchion's Galarian Relicanth line

RODG’s Unovan Cubone Line
transwiththeplans’s Kantonian Dreepy Line
transwiththeplans’s Kalosian Pichu Line
Falchion’s Galarian Gible Line

Falchion's Galarian Gible line
Falchion's Galarian Archen line
Falchion's Galarian Relicanth line
My Distorted Glameow line
alephgalactus' Kantonian Qwilfish line

transwiththeplans' Hoennian Yamask line

I just dont like Rock/Dragon as a typing :/

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
:dreepy:Kantonian Dreepy: 5
:ferroseed:Galarian Ferroseed: 4
:gible:Galarian Gible: 4
:relicanth:Galarian Relicanth: 3
:mr. mime:Hoennian Mr. Mime: 3
:qwilfish:Kantonian Qwilfish: 3

:glameow:Distorted Glameow: 2
:archen:Galarian Archen: 2
:larvitar:Galarian Larvitar: 2
:pichu:Kalosian Pichu: 2
:cubone:Unovan Cubone: 2
:unown:Alolan Unown: 1
:dratini:Ultra Dratini: 1
:clauncher:Unovan Clauncher: 1

Congratulations to transwiththeplans, ImperialGamer517, Falchion, and of course the lovely and talented alephgalactus!

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
:dreepy:Kantonian Dreepy: 5
:ferroseed:Galarian Ferroseed: 4
:gible:Galarian Gible: 4
:relicanth:Galarian Relicanth: 3
:mr. mime:Hoennian Mr. Mime: 3
:qwilfish:Kantonian Qwilfish: 3

:glameow:Distorted Glameow: 2
:archen:Galarian Archen: 2
:larvitar:Galarian Larvitar: 2
:pichu:Kalosian Pichu: 2
:cubone:Unovan Cubone: 2
:unown:Alolan Unown: 1
:dratini:Ultra Dratini: 1
:clauncher:Unovan Clauncher: 1

Congratulations to transwiththeplans, ImperialGamer517, Falchion, and of course the lovely and talented alephgalactus!
With that done, we will put a temporary rest until we have at least large enough progress about the Pet Mod's coding thanks to Stitch98 volunteering to do so. Once he tells me that the coding is completed for at least the first patches, then we will playtest in a select server (most likely either Dragon Heaven or Psism from what I predict).

In the meanwhile, you can discuss about winners of this slate and previous slates, specifically how some of them fares in at least against each others.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Alright, so Mr. Crime- he's a fast physical based attacker. I'd imagine he'd have, like, an all out attacker set?
Mr. Crime would work as an all-out attacker considering Mr. Crime's high base Speed and high base Attack, and could benefit either Choice Scarf or Choice Band, or maybe even Life Orb. Problem is that despite being Dark / Fairy, it does not have access to Play Rough (unless I seriously miss something).

Another thing, and I don't mean it to be critical, but Drakdart would be unbearable to deal with for defensive playstyles that lacks a Poison-type or Steel-type. A 100 BP move with guaranteed Poison status but with 100% accuracy and no drawback, in addition to Drakdart's strong Attack and blitzing Speed, and combining with Merciless, I'm afraid it's something that will cripple defensive playstyles. Just to let you know about something.

I regret making Yungon being so goddamn powerful, and I want to nerf it to the following spread.
89/139/101/67/73/101[BST: 570]
It now uses prime numbers, fitting the ultra space flavor better. It's less bulky with the biggest nerf coming from its special defense.

I would like to change ultra drampa's stats to be all prime numbers as well but given its odd base stat total that is going to be impossible.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I regret making Yungon being so goddamn powerful, and I want to nerf it to the following spread.
89/139/101/67/73/101[BST: 570]
It now uses prime numbers, fitting the ultra space flavor better. It's less bulky with the biggest nerf coming from its special defense.

I would like to change ultra drampa's stats to be all prime numbers as well but given its odd base stat total that is going to be impossible.
Changes accepted. I understands where you comes from, with Beast Boost taken into account as well.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I’d just like to note that, in order to keep things in line with the main-series games, all Dragon-type variants should get Draco Meteor, all non-Dragon-types should lose Draco Meteor, all Steel-types should get Steel Beam, and all non-Steel-types should lose Steel Beam. The only exception is if a Dragon-type or Steel-type evolves and loses that typing. I’m currently going through the spreadsheet and I see a couple instances of ex-dragons keeping Draco Meteor and Steel-types not gaining Steel Beam, so I thought I’d clear things up before stuff starts getting coded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)