Role Playing Approval Center (Update 5-12-13)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I had exactly this idea, but with more Pokemon each, however I like 1v1 better. My only suggestion would be something like gaining 20 HP and energy if you score a KO, to give it a kind of king-of-the-hill feel that you already have, as well as the spectator bit. Also, willing to form a part of the core of refs you'd need for ongoing battles.

Thought I might adress some (of Lou's :p) concerns:
This strikes me as very unnecessary, considering you have three other players to create interesting battles.
Hell, even Chill | Chill brings you a round closer to a record endurance run.
Officially: Remember you only have to attack once every four actions. That's not too much to ask. It's just to stop people from trying to break endurance records because others ignore them; if you sit there and do nothing you probably won't be percieved as a threat and be paid little attention.
Flavour: The audience is very bloodthirsty and has ADD. Don't fuck with them. :D
"Guys, he's going to last longer than <user>'s record! Throw rocks at him!"
I'll admit this has been a concern, but I'd rather keep it. Hopefully it will be kept in check by differences in opinions, the actual amount of posters etc, and if not I might reduce the amount of damage/healing. But I'd rather keep the spectator participation in some form. I'm open to suggestions on other ways to implement it though!
Another point regarding Arenas: make sure not to let players choose between multiple openings. Each opening should be automatically filled from a linear queue.
Of course, this was always the plan.
Also, make a clean board-wipe (including one's self) worth some reward.
Hm, maybe as well as records I could have some specific achievements each worth a reward.
An idea worth playing with I think.

"Last 5 Rounds with a Magikarp" :p

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
RE: dogfish44's 10 to 1

I know that you've stated that you want to work on it, but no work has been done yet ?_?

RE: LouisCyphre's Battle Pike

Great idea, equally great execution thus far. Enough work has been done to persuade me and the other members of the RP committee that this deserves a test run.

==

As for the other RPs, some more fleshing out would be appreciated. afaik Objection is still fine-tuning some things; PM zarator, Alchemator, or me and we'll check it.

Ideas? For Mati? I'm kinda stuck so ideas would be greatly appreciated. Same with opinions.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a flood chance to the mechanics of certain mines. Thought?

TDMO, I think that would be a good idea, but I think you should get pokemon involved more, too. That way it has some advantage to bringing a pokemon with you.

Ok, polemon will get a boost in some mines because of the atmosphere around them (eg. Mine 4 has sunlight, so Pokemon with sun based abilities get a boost)

Also, speaking of doing more with Pokemon, if you bring a Pokemon with a base rank total of 17 or more, all opponents will recieve 2 less damage from all attacks. This does not apply to wild Pokemon with base rank totals of 15 or above.

Sounds good to me, TDMO, but you'll want to link this all together, so we can see everything you've got so far. Will one be able to catch wild pokemon in these mines?
('cause I'd like to. Also, if you do get a beta test, I'd love to help out)

OK, thanks. Good to know. As I said earlier, I'd love to be a part of a beta test if you do get one. Still, will this take up an RP or a battle slot?

MATI concept
MATI, the mining and training institute, is essentially a place where you mine and train your pokes
You earn CC here by mining certain ores, gems, artefacts etc.
In the RP, people will get to choose to bring 2-3 pokes along with them to help mine, so they can earn their hard earned currency.
Currency is earned through mining certain minerals, ores which are used to create many items (potions, poke balls etc.). all those items are made from these ores/minerals:
Iron
Gold
Copper
Mercury
Aluminium

These ores are very important to making each item, and each have their own Value and rarity
IRON: (25% rarity). worth 1 CC per KILO/2.2lbs. found in mines: 1,2,3,4,6
COPPER: (20% rarity). worth 2 CC per kilo/2.2 lbs. found in mines: 1,2,4,5,7

ALLUMINIUM: (15% rarity). worth 3 CC per kilo/2.2lbs. found in mines: 1,3,5,6[/FONT]
MERCURY: (10% rarity). worth 4 CC per litre/2.2 lbs. found in mines: 6,7
GOLD: (5% rarity). worth 8 CC per kilo/2.2 lbs. found in mines: 3,6,7

Now, I guess you’re wondering, why does that only add up to 75%? It’s because that there are other things you can find in the mines.
You can find things previous trainers have lost in the mines, and you can also find fossils, type gems, and the rarest item of all; ARTEFACTS.
type gems: (10% rarity, but has 33.333% rarity in min #6). worth 1/2 of retail prce rounded down. found in clusters of 2-5 gems. found in all mines.

Fossils: (10% rarity). cant be sold by normal means. only 1 fossil can be found at a time. found in mines 1,2,3,4,5.

miscellanious items (dropped potions, pokeballs etc.): (4% rarity). cant be sold. only 1 item can be found at a time. found in mines: 1,2,3,4,5,6.

artefacts: (0.5% rarity). cant be sold by normal means. only 1 found at a time. found in mines: 2,3,4

This counts for the missing 24.5% from the ores. I will tell about the other .5% later, but first, You probably would have noticed by now that there are multiple mines. Each mine houses different minerals, Pokémon, treasures. The mines are as follows:

Mine #1: The 1st mine you are able to enter. Has very weak pokes at the entrance, and they stay weak right through to the end. Most ores are found in here, but at this moment, no artefacts have been found in there. It is based about 1 km away from a lake.

Mine #2: requires a lvl 1 license to enter. Weak pokes near entrance, but they seem to get stronger as you go inwards. People have found artefacts, and fossils in this cave. Its built far away from water, so a supply is needed incase you get lost. People have claimed to have seen the legendary trio, Uxie, mesprit, and azelf in these mines, so the mine is called the persona mine.

Mine #3: requires a level 2 license, a water type pokemon with the moves surf and dive to enter. Requires oxygen tanks for you and your Pokémon who arent water types. These cost 5-10 CC depending on size and weight of Pokémon. People claim to have seen Dinosaurs living in this cave, but proof is yet to be found, so is called the fossil cave. flood chance is at 5% in this mine. no artefacts found in this mine.

Mine #4: this mine is filled with bug, water, ground, and rock Pokémon, and the mine is filled with roots from the forest directly above. Requires a gas mask for you, and all Pokémon who aren’t poison types. it is said shaymin wander around these halls, bring life to the desolate caves. Light is shining through holes in the roof, activating abilities that take effect. in the sun. it has been proven that kabuto sometimes are seen walking along the walls.

mine #5: mostly poson types wander these halls. requires a level 3 license to enter. gas masks are needed. type gems are very common in the mine, as is copper and alluminuim. toxic sludge is layered on the ground from a large group of MUK and GRIMMER.

mine #6: sulphur mine. 2nd dangerous mine in the RP. level 5 liicense is required. no pokemon with the ablity dry skin is allowe to enter mine. the the gas mask breaks on any pokemon, they will Be sent to a hospital and become unusable for 1 week. mercury, gold, and type gems are 30% find rate each in this mine. many high powered pokemon wander these mines, and they are exceptionally smart.

mine #7, FINAL MINE: hundreds of legendry pokemon are found in the mine, but none have been caught. the entrance is shape like a giant key. noone knows if arceus is found in the mine, but the possibility is there. people have lost all Bthere pokemon here because of the amount of high powered pokes in here. the entrance is now guarded by 30 lucario. people who are unworthy will be sent to a different mine.

now, if you read all of that, you woulld have seen that there is EXTRA EQUIPMENT on hand.
these wll allow you to enter different mines, and will also helpp you survive different attacks in the game.

YOU MUST READ THIS IF YOU ARE TO UNDERSTAND AN OF WHAT IM ABOUT TO SAY.
all equpment you earn can be upgraded, and or broken. each peice of equipment has its own uses, and will help you survive the terrain, the pokemon, and the mazes. some moves can imitate the use of equipment, so you dont always need to have equipment on you. but its always nice to, as the pokemon will use up energy if it does use moves for mining.

moves that can be used for mining:
1. ROCK SMASH: quickly allows you to smash large boulders in your path. can also be used to smash open walls to find more ORES and such quickly, but this uses 10% more enrgy, rounded up. this may break what you're trying to mine however, so be wary of using it. REPLACES PICK AXE
2. BRICK BREAK: does the same thing as rock smash, but can clear the largest boulders in seconds. uses 20% more energy rounded up. REPLACES PICK AXE
3. CHIP AWAY: allows you to neatly chip away at smaller rocks, so you dont break what your making. if used in conjunction with rock smash/ brick break, you can cleanly clear rocks away without using too much energy.
4. LEAF BLADE/ CUT: to be used mostly in mines #3, and 4. cuts vines, roots, weeds, trunks, seaweed etc. REPLACES MACHETE
5. GUST: gently blows away dust from your excavation. blowing dust away from you excavation makes it easier to mine. whirlwind doe the same thing, but it uses more energy. REPLACES PORTABLE BLOWER
6. DIG: digs up rocks and type gems, making access to some places easier, and finding ORES easier.
REPLACES SHOVEL

ITEMS YOU NEED FOR YOUR JOURNEY IN THE MINES:
1. PICKAXE
2. MACHETE
3. PORABLE BLOWER
4. UNLIMTED OXYGEN TANK (turns water into air) (for you and your pokes who arent water types)
5. GAS MASK and PROTECTIVE EYE WEAR (for you and your pokes)
6. DRILL (quickly excavates multiple items, but high chances of those items breaking)

surf and dive have obvious applications.

now i will tell you about the floood chance. in some mines, you might get flooded if you mine in the wrong place. if this happens, you get sent back to the entrance, and will have to go through the mine again. but you wont have to battle any pokes along the way. all pokes will take 3 points of damageX there weakness to water (eg. ninetales takes 6 damage, blissey takes 3, lucario takes 3, rhyperior takes 12)
now, you probably would have noticed hat some of the things yuo find cant be sold to pokemarts. this is because they are either pokemon, or they are rare and valuable artefacts. this is the way you can sell other non-refundable goods.

1. the collecter/ trader: its kind of like handing in your gold to earn CC (i forgot the name lol), but instead of just getting CC, you get the chance to buy more advanced mining items (e.g. better pick axes, larger jars/containers etc.), which can only be bought from the collecter/ trader. you can only sell fossils and artefacts to the trader. fossils cost the same as there worth in rarity, and artefacts sell for 40 CC a peice.

2. the museum: now, this is more for a long term investment. at the star, you donate fossils and rare artefacts to tthe museum, and you get nothing for it. but you get the option to CASH IN your donations. cashing in your donation means you get n the long run. if you were to donate, say, 4 kabuto fossils, 1 root fossil, and 3 artefacts, this would add up to 195 CC ((4x2x1.5)+(2x1.5)+(3x40x1.5)=195 CC).
in the museum, you can also choose to restore fossils youve found instead of donating them. this costs the same as the retail rarity value of a normal fossil pokemon, but if you restore more than 1 at a time, you get a 50% discount on every pokemon prior to the first (eg. 1 restored kabuto= 2 CC. 2 restored kabuto = 3 CC. 3 restored kabuto= 4 CC)

3- licences. basically, you have a permit to mine.there are 6 different permits, each allowing you to mine in a certain kind of mine. the level 1 permit allows you to mine in the first and second mines. level 5 allows you to mine in the sulphur mines.
the licences also allow you to also use pokemon to full effectivness n the mines. when you get a lvl 5 licence, all of you pokemons attacks energy costs go down by 1 point. this may not seem like much, but it can mean the difference between losing and winning in the mine.
licenses wont allow to enter mine #7. you must clear all mines before hand, and capture a required pokemon from mine # 4.

I'm taking everyone's advice

It seems to me dying is a little harsh. What about this:
When a pokemon in the sulfur cave loses its gas mask, it is knocked out immediately and is sent to the hospital for 1 real time week.
That way seems risky the way you want it to be, but not so risky as to drive off most contenders.

No... Just no. First of all, who gave you the right to hand out the lake trio, Shaymin, and freaking Arceus, and, if so, why is this not a TLR?

Second, you are kidding with the dying part... right? I don't care if you're all the mods combined, no one has the right to literally take a poke away from someone due to bad luck.

Third, you have to make it actually possible to complete. Thirty Lucario at the beginning? I'm going to use the all the mods comparison again...

leaf blade cuts seaweed and underwater life with ease, and vice versa with cut.
Sooo.... we're flat-out murdering things now?! O.O

4 kabuto fossils, 1 root fossil, and 3 artefacts, this would add up to 195 CC

That's just ridiculous. 195 CC? I mean... really?

the dead mans odyssey: you should really make everything a lot clearer (can you or can you not catch the allegedly seen legendaries in the mines?), and I suggest you have a conversation with one of the RP leaders or Deck Knight or SDS to make everything more appropriate. (CC values, the Pokemon being captured, how difficult/easy are the encounters). Although honestly, you should probably do a lot of balancing work on that before taking it to someone of importance.

Sorry TDMO, I have to agree. That's way overboard. You should definately talk to one of the RP counsel and have them work out some CC values with them. Also, you'll want to talk to them about legendaries, too, because you aren't allowed to have them in your RP without talking to them (I think...). Still, the idea is there, and a good one too, but you'll definately need to work out some kinks with a mod.

Axmaster68, the use of legendaries is of no particular importance; legendary Pokemon are used in both the Battle Subway and the Battle Hall (as they are in the Raid Zone), because they cannot be captured. Here, it's strongly implied that they can be--therein lies the problem.

But yeah, fourth(?)ing the notion that MATI needs copious amounts of clarification and balancing before it would realistically be considered for a beta.

Water warrior, I'm changing some (a lot of it actually)
1. Dying becomes no longer able to be used in that mine again.
2. Legends mine becomes a normal mine with exceptionally high powered pokes instead. And the lucario are only there to deter you way from mine #7 if you haven't completed the other 6. They can't be engaged. And ill probably only 1 or 2 legendaries In the mine (probably reviving as or something)
3. The 195 CC thing stays the same, as you only have .5% chance of finding an artefact. And if you considered how often flame thrower burns the opponent in the game, your probably never going to find an artefact any way. Fossils stay the same.
4. When I was said under water life, I was referring to plant life.

I'm going to scrap the collected/ trader as well .

@C$FP:
1. I will discuss wether I should alow captures in the mine, if any legends are present.

So I'm getting rid of most of the legendary pokes in the cave, I'm going to scrap the trader, dying,
The energy cost for all moves that are used for mining are now 0. This just allows for easier redding and mining in general.
You only most mining equipment is indestructible. Gas masks are shovels are an exception.

I'm making more changes as I go along,

That makes more sense. I was thinking for the gas mask thing, that if a pokemon lost it, it fainted. Also, I would lower the 195 CC thing slightly, as still, 195 CC? That's a LOT of CC.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how remote the chance is, 195 CC is very nearly 10 Expert Belts' worth of CC. I'd say in general, cap CC rewards at 20 CC, with any more than that being split up over the course of one RP session.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After the failure of the Pokethlon, I am here to propose a new RP.

(I have received Flora's permission to do this)

Battle Arcade

Concept: Battle AI(ref)-controlled trainers. A roulette run before each battle determines what additional twist is provided to the battle. It is based on the Battle Frontier Facility in the mainstream games Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver that goes by the same name.

User Interaction
• Challengers may challenge the Arcade once in 7 days. If they win their challenge, the waiting time is erased and they may challenge again immediately if they wish to.
• Pokemon that the users bring into the Battle Arcade may not participate in the rest of ASB until the challenge is completed. They are effectively removed from the rest of ASB for the duration of the challenge.
• Challengers keep battling until they either defeat 3 virtual trainers and then the Arcade Star, or lose at any point in the middle.

Battle Details
• The Pokemon for each battle is/are randomized from a pre-determined pool based on length of the streak.

• Before each battle begins, referees randomize a 4x4 roulette from a pre-determined pool of possible events(duplicates of the same event can happen). The challenger is allowed to pick N consecutive events(read the outcomes from left to right and top to bottom the way you would read a normal text) on the roulette. N is equal to 4 for battles 1-8 in a streak, is equal to 8 for battles 9-16, and is equal to 12 from the 17th battle onwards.

• The referee randomizes a result from the challenger’s pick, and applies this to the battle.

• On round 1 of every battle, referees order first, and then alternate as in normal ASB battles.

• Arcade Star Dahlia is always fought as the 4th opponent during each challenge. Her Pokemon are decided from a pre-determined pool.

Roulette Events

For battles 1-8 of a streak, the first 8 events under each of the first 2 categories, and the first 4 events of the 3rd and 4th categories form the pool. From battle 9 onwards, the roulette is randomized from the entire pool of 48 events.

Opponent-affecting events
1: Opponent’s Pokemon are poisoned for the battle.
2: Opponent’s Pokemon are burned for the battle.
3: Opponent’s Pokemon are paralyzed(15%) at the start of the battle.
4: Opponent’s Pokemon are put to sleep(1 action) at the start of the battle
5: Opponent’s Pokemon each receive a berry(chosen by the ref from a pool based on streak length) for the battle.
6: Opponent’s Pokemon each receive an item(chosen by the ref from a pool based on streak length) for the battle.
7: Opponent’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Safeguard(4 rounds).
8: Opponent’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Mist(2 rounds).

Battles 9+ only
9: Tailwind is applied to opponent’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
10: Reflect is applied to opponent’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
11: Light Screen is applied to opponent’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
12: Lucky Chant is applied to opponent’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
13: Heal Block is applied to opponent’s Pokemon(4 rounds).
14: Opponent’s Pokemon start the battle with 20 less HP than usual.
15: Opponent’s Pokemon start the battle with 20 less EN than usual.
16: Opponent’s Pokemon are ‘leveled up’, and gain 1 rank in each of their stats, with speed gaining 25 points, and accuracy 5%(absolute).

Challenger-affecting events
17: Challenger’s Pokemon are poisoned for the duration of the battle.
18: Challenger’s Pokemon are burned for the duration of the battle.
19: Challenger’s Pokemon are paralyzed(15%) at the start of the battle.
20: Challenger’s Pokemon are put to sleep(1 action) at the start of the battle.
21: Challenger’s Pokemon each receive a berry(challenger picks from a pool based on streak length) for the rest of the challenge.
22: Challenger’s Pokemon each receive an item(challenger picks from a pool based on streak length) for the rest of the challenge.
23: Challenger’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Safeguard(4 rounds)
24: Challenger’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Mist(2 rounds).

Battles 9+ only
25: Tailwind is applied to challenger’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
26: Reflect is applied to challenger’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
27: Light Screen is applied to challenger’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
28: Lucky Chant is applied to challenger’s Pokemon(2 rounds).
29: Heal Block is applied to challenger’s Pokemon(4 rounds).
30: Challenger’s Pokemon start the battle with 20 less HP than usual.
31: Challenger’s Pokemon start the battle with 20 less EN than usual.
32: Challenger’s Pokemon are ‘leveled up’, and gain 1 rank in each of their stats, with speed gaining 25 points, and accuracy(5%).

Global events
33: Drought is applied to the battle.
34: Drizzle is applied to the battle.
35: Sandstream is applied to the battle.
36: Snow Warning is applied to the battle.

Battles 9+ only
37: Trick Room(permanent) is applied to the battle.
38: Gravity(permanent) is applied to the battle.
39: Fog(permanent) is applied to the battle.
40: Wonder Room(permanent) is applied to the battle.

Note: Fog reduces accuracy of all attacks by 10%(absolute), reduces the healing of Moonlight, Synthesis and Morning Sun to 15 HP, and doubles Weather Ball’s power, though it remains a Normal –type move.

Miscellaneous events
41: The roulette is sped up for the rest of the challenge(N is doubled).
42: The roulette is slowed down for the rest of the challenge(N is halved)
43: No Event
44: Challenger wins 1 free CC, then battles normally

Battles 9+ only
45: The roulette board's pattern becomes non-sequential, ie N = 16 for the next battle
46: Challenger wins 3 free CC, then battles normally
47: Challenger and opponent swap Pokemon for the duration of the battle.
48: The battle is skipped, and is counted as a victory for the challenger.

Opponent-affecting events
1: Opponent’s Pokemon are poisoned for the battle.
2: Opponent’s Pokemon are burned for the battle.
3: Opponent’s Pokemon are paralyzed(15%) at the start of the battle.
4: Opponent’s Pokemon are put to sleep(1 action) at the start of the battle
5: Opponent’s Pokemon each receive a berry(chosen by the ref from a pool based on streak length) for the battle.
6: Opponent’s Pokemon each receive an item(chosen by the ref from a pool based on streak length) for the battle.
7: Opponent’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Safeguard(4 rounds).
8: Opponent’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Mist(2 rounds).

Challenger-affecting events
17: Challenger’s Pokemon are poisoned for the duration of the battle.
18: Challenger’s Pokemon are burned for the duration of the battle.
19: Challenger’s Pokemon are paralyzed(15%) at the start of the battle.
20: Challenger’s Pokemon are put to sleep(1 action) at the start of the battle.
21: Challenger’s Pokemon each receive a berry(challenger picks from a pool based on streak length) for the rest of the challenge.
22: Challenger’s Pokemon each receive an item(challenger picks from a pool based on streak length) for the rest of the challenge.
23: Challenger’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Safeguard(4 rounds)
24: Challenger’s Pokemon become cloaked by a Mist(2 rounds).

Global events
33: Drought is applied to the battle.
34: Drizzle is applied to the battle.
35: Sandstream is applied to the battle.
36: Snow Warning is applied to the battle.

Miscellaneous events
41: The roulette is sped up for the rest of the challenge(N is doubled).
42: The roulette is slowed down for the rest of the challenge(N is halved)
43: No Event
44: Challenger wins 1 free CC, then battles normally

Note: For event 41, N is capped at 16 for battles 17+
Note 2: Event 48 cannot appear on the roulette for battles with Arcade Star Dahlia. If it appears on the 4x4 roulette the referee obtains after randomization, he will re-randomize all the roulette slots where it appears.

The roulette has its own special DQ period. If the challenger fails to post in that time, the referee can choose any event he wishes to that is present on the roulette board, and it will be in place for the battle. Challengers are therefore advised to ensure their activity for the duration of the challenge.

Battle Formats
The Battle Arcade has three different formats: Singles, Doubles and Triples. The rulesets are given below(note that items may not be brought in, but may potentially be available to the challenger and/or the opponent during a battle due to events 5, 6, 21 and 22) :-

Singles Battle Arcade
Pokemon: 1v1
Roulette DQ: 1 day
Battle DQ[/B}: 2 days
Switch: N/A
Abilities: 1
Items: OK
Recovers: ∞
Chills: ∞

Singles Battle Arcade Star
Pokemon: 3v3
Battle DQ: 2 days
Switch: OK

Doubles Battle Arcade
Pokemon: 2v2
Items: No

Doubles Battle Arcade Star
Pokemon: 4v4
Items: No

Triples Battle Arcade
Pokemon: 3v3
Positioning: ON

Triples Battle Arcade Star
Pokemon: 6v6
Positioning: ON

Arena: Battle Arcade Arena

(Image) The arena is a broad and spacious arena, well-lit, and surrounded by a cheering crowd. There is a large display board by the battle, which is used for the initial roulette. The arena permits all attacks to be used, regardless of special requirements. The arena will neither interfere with the battle, nor can it be damaged by Pokemon attacks. The arena is carefully constructed to ensure no Pokemon get a significant advantage outside of the roulette.

Rewards
• Pokemon that participate in a Battle Arcade challenge gain the normal amount of EC, MC, DC and KOC as they would in normal battles.

• Challengers win CC for each battle they win. Battles 1-3 and 5-7 give 2 CC each. Battles 9-11 and 13-15 give 4 CC each. Battles 17+ that are not Arcade Star battles give 5 CC each.

• Battles with the Arcade Star give 5M CC on victory, where M = CEILING(Length of streak/4).

• Referees get the standard amount of UC for reffing a challenge, with an additional 3 UC for their commitment and the complexity of the challenge.

Hmm... I have seen a lot of quest to go find legendaries or to battle through trains, but what about a survival quest?

Disaster Quest
Overview:
Ok, here is the idea, You are an explorer with a magical map(this is pokemon, why not?) that creates the surronding you see, you go to explore never seen before places, but then something terrible happens, that you usaully are the lone survivor of. You must disided how much to explore without your team and with limited recorces. To be rescued or to find the legendary pokemon and become rich? That is your choice.

Settings:
Down in Flames: Your plane crashes on a secret island...
Type: Fire
Difficulty: Medium, Pokemon allowed 1-3, Items allowed 35 max.

Yukon Oh-no!: You are lost on mount Yukon
Type: Ice
Difficulty: Medium easy, Pokemon allowed 1-3, Items allowed 50 max.
Lost in woods: You are lost in the woods
Type: Grass
Difficulty: Hard, Pokemon allowed 1-3, Items allowed 25 max
Kidnapped?: You are kidnapped by a mysterious pokemon... and then abandoned?
Type: Dark
Difficulty: Very hard, Pokemon allowed 1-3, Items allowed 10 max

The Day system: At the beginning of each round/action the current time will be posted.
1 action equals 1 hour/ 1 round equals 3 hours
1 pokemon battle equals 1 hour
Sleeping takes 5 hours
To find food takes 2 hours

The Gameplay:
As said above the rescue time varies on how you play. When the game first begins you will can disided what to do, which can be anything from sleep to find food to go and explore.
The thing that sets this away from other runs is that the trainer now has a life bar! Yes you will need food and rest, rest can heal you and keep you more alert. Food will also heal you and give you energy. You also have a stat pool.
Exp.

Lucas
Hp: 100
Eng: 150
(Trainer stat pool, you have 250 stat points to seperate in between Hp and eng)
Trainer commands
To order,you... you need to specify "eat the oran berry" or "sleep for 3 hours"
Explore:
Go and find those pokemons! Cost: 10eng
Sleep:
Yah, just like in real life. You can be ambushed at times where you are sleeping, causing you enemies 1 extra turn to attack
Search for ...:
When this is specified the trainer will search for something like food or wild pokemon. Cost: 15eng
Eat:
You recover the same amount of health as your pokemon would have. No cost
Listen/Look:
This can be used to see your surroundings with no cost of time. Depending on how alert you currently are that is how you will see what's around you. Cost: 5eng
There are five(5) stages of alertness, The stages will fall every 3 hours
Very alert: Always on your toes, very observant. You won't miss a thing when observing.
Observant: Mostly ready, can see most everything easily.
Alert: Just barely on your guard, this is the default
Tired: Not at all observant, you miss many small to medium details
Day dreaming: Completely off your guard, Will only see some defining characteristics.

All pokemon are catchable, however being away from any kind of teleport system you can only catch up to your maximum capacity (6 pokemon). The only way for this to be bypassed is to bring(or catch) a pokemon able to teleport, this pokemon will teleport both itself and another pokemon to a Pokemon center, this costs 20eng on the teleporting pokemon due to the distance to travel.
The Rescue: While being rescued away from these legendary zones may seem like a bad thing, it may not be... If your pokemon are all defeated or you lose all strength, then all items, and your map of exploration will be lost. Your caught pokemon can be kept though. It will take 2 days to find you if you try to set up a strong hold, the maximum it will take to find you is 5 days but only if you are constantly moving. If you are rescued you are rewarded for the progress on your map. If you black out however your map will be lost.

Rewards:
Survival tokens are the currency here, they work the same as a UC

Pokemon and trainers will all receive the normal amount of counters they would usually receive

Reffs will receive 5ST (Survival tokens) for doubles, 2ST for singles, and 7ST for triples. He will also get 1ST for every action of thought (like what will the trainer find behind the bush?)

Well? What do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)