Role Playing Approval Center (Update 5-12-13)

The Pokemon Zombie Apocolypse.
The idea in itself is not bad. It has a unique flavor to it, compared to other proposals, and it also got a mild support back then, apparently. However, Pikapwnd seems to be inactive atm. If he's willing to step in and to give this thing a couple more refinements, we may agree on a Beta Test.

RP: 10 to 1 - The ultimate game of predictions
It seems to have some potential, but we'd need to know if its creator is still working on it and/or is willing to.

The Mystery
"Temperantia's Nightmare Gallery".
ASA Guild
(Anime Style Adventuring)
CAP ASB Free-For-All
These ideas are all rejected, based on a simple issues spotted even by some of the creators themselves. At the moment, we have 4 RPs which resemble more or less all of these in different ways, and they are:

- Raid Zone
- The Legend Run
- The Labyrinth
- ASM

We feel that none of the proposed ideas had actually something to justify introducing them along with the existing RPs. I'm not saying that they are only a copy or a bland mixup of the existing RPs (I'd probably have shot down the posts outright in such a case), but nevertheless their lack of true originality forces us to reject them. Keep in mind that the forum is not supposed to host something like 15-20 RPs, and in order to keep the number of RPs to a reasonable level, we need to be VERY strict about what to allow or not. If you want to increase your UC income (assuming that's a motivating factor), you should probably sign up as referees for one of the existing RPs (especially Hall and TLR).

The ASB Mining And Training Institute
I personally like the idea - simple and clearcut. But its creator is dead as well. If he's back or someone else is willing to pick this up and gets our trust, this may manage to get a Beta Test in the future.

Clan Wars.
The idea has some potential, but it looks as a clusterfuck atm, as you said. Personally, I suggest to work more on the "map-based" aspect of it, as it could turn into an interesting rendition of Warhammer or something like that ASB-style. However, this RP still needs some serious work before being considered for a beta test.

POKECHESS
Congrats on the work, it is very thought-out and accurate. You're allowed to run a beta test.

If you have any kind of objection, question, or proposal, feel free to post (this obviously includes my dear colleagues Alchemator and Engineer, if they wish so).

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
The creator of 10 to 1 (Myself) is, amazingly enough, still active and willing to proceed with testing/working on it.

Pikapwnd while not dead is well a zombie in these parts, and while able to work out the finer points for the next weeks, he will pass on the heading up to a more able person.

Just saying, how is my idea anywhere close to the raid zone (Role-playing aspect), the legend run (open map), The Labyrinth (has nothing to do with my idea) and ASM (different format).

I'd just like to hear your thought process that's all.

MB, the problem, as is the problem with all the ASA-esque RPs, is that they are all mechanically similar to Raids and TLR. Even if we had the addition of a mounting story element, the problem would be the massive amount of RPs floating around if everyone with a novel idea got to make one.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just saying, how is my idea anywhere close to the raid zone (Role-playing aspect), the legend run (open map), The Labyrinth (has nothing to do with my idea) and ASM (different format).

I'd just like to hear your thought process that's all.
If you were trying to disguise your annoyance, then you have failed.

When evaluating the vast number of RP proposals we've separated things into 'waves', as such. The first wave, which is commencing as detailed above, focuses on diversity. As a committee we have agreed that your idea is too limited and -- as Temp mentioned -- mechanically similar to other RPs.

However, if you can improve the ideas supporting your RP, then there is nothing preventing re-submission.

Once upon a time there was crazy shit like 11v4 brawls going on. Then the man stepped in and said no to battles with uneven numbers, due to their innate imbalance. And since then, I don't think there have been any battles of uneven numbers outside of raids and possibly TLR and labyrinths, and in all such cases, the players control a team of multiple pokemon against a smaller number of stronger pokemon. However, what if the player controlled the one powerful pokemon versus a bunch of weaker opponents? Thus, Objection came up with the idea of:

Battle Colosseum

(or as Engineer knows it, Squash the Minions)

Overview

The Colosseum is a battle-focused RP much like the Subway. Players bring one pokemon and participate in a sequence of battles against NPC opponents with more than one pokemon out at a time. The opponents’ pokemon will be weakened to account for the extra actions that they get as a team.

Player Details

• Although there is no fixed limit on how many players may challenge the Colosseum, in the early stages it would be preferred if the number of challenges was low.
  • In order to win a Colosseum challenge, a player must win 7 battles against ordinary NPC opponents and then 1 battle against the Emperor. If a player loses or is disqualified, he or she may not rechallenge the Colosseum for one week (give or take a few hours). If a player is victorious, he or she does not need to wait to rechallenge the Colosseum.
  • A Colosseum challenge cannot be ended voluntarily.
  • Each player who challenges the Colosseum has their own Colosseum challenge thread, where all of their Colosseum challenges go.
  • As per the usual RP rules, pokemon in the Colosseum cannot be used elsewhere and vice versa. The only exception is that any pokemon in RPs that allow pokemon to be used ouside of them can be used in the Colosseum. In addition, a Colosseum challenge takes up one RP slot.

Battle Details

• Once a player has chosen which pokemon to challenge the Colosseum with, he or she must use that pokemon and only that pokemon until the challenge ends. Subsequent challenges may be done with different pokemon, regardless of the outcome of the previous challenge.
  • The opponents’ pokemon will be chosen randomly from a list and their abilities will be randomised too. The Emperor’s pokemon will be chosen randomly from a much smaller list and their abilities will be fixed. In all cases, the opponents’ items will be fixed.
  • The job of a Colosseum ref is both to play as the opponent and to ref the battle. To prevent bias, RNG rolls must be shown. It is also helpful if the ref can show full damage calculations.
  • Ties are treated as the challenger losing.

Role-Playing Flow

• A player will issue a challenge in the main Colosseum thread, specifying their pokemon’s ability and item.
  • A Colosseum ref will take the challenge and either post a new challenge thread for that player or make a new post in that player’s challenge thread.
  • The ref will post the first opponent’s pokemon and ability, and then the battle will begin with the opponent ordering first.
  • If the player loses this battle, their challenge comes to an end and rewards are given out.
  • If the player wins the battle, the ref posts the next opponent’s pokemon and ability, and the next battle begins.
  • This continues until the end of the seventh battle. Once the seventh battle is over, the eighth opponent will be the Emperor. A final battle begins just like the others.
  • Once the final battle is over, regardless of the outcome, the challenge ends. Rewards will be calculated and given out. If the challenger is victorious, the pokemon used may be used to challenge the next cup at any time.

Battle Formats

Battles 1 to 7
  • 1v2 Brawl
  • 3-day DQ time
  • Infinite recoveries and chills
  • Switch = KO
  • Abilities = One
  • Items = On
  • No two pokemon on one team may be of the same species
Battle 8 (Vs. Emperor)
  • 1v3 Brawl
  • 3-day DQ time
  • Infinite recoveries and chills
  • Switch = KO
  • Abilities = One
  • Items = On
  • No two pokemon on one team may be of the same species

Rewards

At the end of a challenge, the player receives 1 CC per opponent battled plus 2 CC if they defeat the Emperor, and their pokemon receives 1 KOC for every pokemon it KOs plus 3 bonus KOC if the player defeats the Emperor.

Additional Notes

As it currently stands, there is no sense of progression between successful challenges. One way I thought of incorporating this element into the Battle Colosseum was by having various cups with each one being more difficult and more rewarding than the last, and a pokemon would have to emerge victorious from one cup before it could be used in the next one. However, I'd like some more thoughts on the overall idea first.

I have to say I'm a pretty big fan of your idea Objection.

Having a decent amount of experience playing as multiple weaker Pokemon when I ref TLR's I can attest to them not being as completely useless as they seem. I think it is something that will require a large amount of thought and planning so as to maintain the correct power level. The idea of a cup system that reaches all the way to middle stage mons and some weak FE's is something I definitely think will work.

In fact given I'm far too uncreative to ever think of a useful RP idea of my own, I will put my hand up to assist Objection in creating this RP. That is if my help is wanted/needed and it is allowed to reach the Beta stage (hint: it should definitely reach the Beta stage).

ok, ive been away for a while and ive added a few things to my idea (mostly because i want to get this beta tested), [bold]: M.A.T.I. [bold], the Mining And Training Institue.

okay, here are some of the things ive added:
1- rare artifacts and more metals. mostly to add a level of depth to the RP. low chances of getting something like an ancient clay pot or something, but can be traded in for something very good.
this brings me to my second inclusion...
2- the collecter/ trader. its kind of like handing in your gold to earn BP (i forgot the name lol), but instead of BP, you can buy more advanced mining items (e.g. better pick axes, larger jars/containers etc.), which can only be bought from the collecter/ trader.

then there is...
3- licences. basically, you have a permit to mine.there are 6 different permits, each allowing you to mine in a certain kind of mine. the level 1 permit allows you to mine in the basic mine. level 6 allows you to mine in the sulphur mines.
also, each permit gives you access to different mining tools, and will allow you to bring certain pokemon to whereever you go, e.g. level 1 permit: shovel, pick axe, air tight statchel (to hold your ores), and any 1 pokemon with less than 3 rarity, is under 5 ft tall, and weighs less than 70 kg. level 6 permit: any duster, dust pan, industrial class pick axe, shovel, or unit to carry ores in (when under 4 ft tall, and 5 ft across). any 4 pokemon, with any rarity, under 9 ft tall, under 209 kg (unless youre in a sulphur mine, in which case under 140 kg).

now, these arent definite, and i am willing to accept suggestions.

Love the PokeChess idea. Aside from the obvious Pawniard/Bisharp, you have Escavalier for knights, Nidoqueen/Nidoking and...hmm...we'll think of something for the rooks. It'd be something known for speed and power that attacks in a straight line, because the real life piece derived from the war-chariot. (Thinking Rhyhorn for some reason, but then everything would be either ground or steel and I'm guessing we want some kind of variety type-wise in the lineup of the Player.)

Also, fun fact about the bishop Bisharp: You never have to mention which one is moving to a particular square, since each square has its own color and thus only one of the two Bishops can ever move to it. Even with the other chessmen, more than one of the same sort of piece being able to move to the same square doesn't happen very often.

I may be as green a newbie as you'll see around here, making the Dojo mentioned on the first page a much better idea for me, but I want to see this happen.

Pokechess is amazing, I just hate how I only have 3 pokes. Btw, Linoone fits that description of a rook you gave perfectly (Belly Drum + ESpeed + the fact that its name is LINoone). Just saying.

I agree with getting a Dojo (or something like it) in as well. I'm only in the 2nd round of my first battle, and I'd love to have gotten a little practice first instead of rushing in.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@Dojo: There once was a dojo RP, but it slowly became disused. We now have "Training Battles", which don't count towards W/L/D and "Beginner Battles", which are designed (obviously) for beginners and have rules set out in the OP of the Battle Tower. Together, they cover everything the dojo did, which eventually ended up as just being an extra match people could enter over the standard three maximum.

The dojo did happen. It later fell into inactivity and effectively ceased to exist with the owner inactive, two turn brawls never really popular, and most combinations legal (compared to back then) and codified. I would agree that it might be worth reviving, but our RP team is busy and has many other things to worry about first before reviving an ancient RP that is more or less obsolete.

Battle Colosseum
OK, something I have been thinking about for this is the thing I mentioned in the additional notes: a way of implementing some form of progression between challenges. And what I am considering is this:

Cups

• There are four cups in the Battle Colosseum: Bronze Cup, Silver Cup, Gold Cup and Platinum Cup.
  • A pokemon must win the Bronze Cup in order to challenge the Silver Cup. Similarly, it must win the Silver Cup to challenge the Gold Cup, and then win the Gold Cup to challenge the Platinum Cup.
    • Notice I said the pokemon must win. A player may not, for example, win the Bronze Cup with one pokemon and challenge the Silver Cup with another one. However, a player may win the Bronze Cup with multiple pokemon in different challenges and then challenge the Silver Cup with any of those pokemon.
  • If a pokemon is defeated in a particular cup, it may rechallenge that cup. For example, a Machamp that wins the Bronze Cup and Silver Cup but then loses in the Gold Cup may rechallenge the Gold Cup without going through the Bronze Cup and Silver Cup again.
  • The opponents will increase in difficulty not only with each cup, but at certain intervals within challenges.
  • The rewards for later cups will be increased to account for the higher difficulty level.

Those last two bullet points are things that I need to work out the finer details of.

I think each cup should have only 6 total battles, so it will be possible to win.
I'm willing to help make the pokemon, though.
This looks very interesting and I want to try out as soon as it is done.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
In the effort to keep players' options fresh and exciting (and to have something to do while I slowly grind out The Labyrinth) I give to you another yet-missing battle facility!

I've looked at the previous iteration of the Battle Pike for ideas to adopt, and ideas to shun. I think represents the best offering possible for ASB. I invite any questions prior to approval or disapproval.

The Battle Pike

The Battle Pike, as it is in-game, is the ultimate blend of luck and skill. It presents the player with a gauntlet of risk evaluation challenges, forcing the player to balance the need to pass to the next room with the need to preserve mons for the Pike Queen, Lucy. Distinct from the Subway in its choices and from the Labyrinth in its clear-cut ruleset, the Pike promises to tax player's minds in a new and entertaining way.

Summary

A challenger selects three Pokémon to brave the Battle Pike. The Pike itself consists of six (6) rooms, headed off with a final arena in which the player battles Pike Queen Lucy. In each of these rooms, each of the player's three mons are assigned a door, and given a hint by an attendant ("There is an icy backdraft...") as to each door's contents. Each hint has two publicly-known results: one boon, and one ill. The boon could be a hold item or healing; the ill could be a battle or status ailment. There are many more possibilities, of course.

It is then the player's job to consider the risk of each door, and select one. The player then meets whatever boon, ill, or challenge awaits beyond with the mon whom that door was assigned to. Upon completion of the room, the player advances to the next room and set of doors. It is in this manner that the Battle Pike is played.

The Battle Format

The Battle Pike only has one format normally. Pike Queen Lucy uses her own, special format.

Pokemon: 1v1
DQ: 2 days
Switch: OK
Abilities: ONE
Items: OK (should you acquire any)
Recovers:
Chills:
Arena: Pike Hallway. All necessary components for attacks are provided, as is swimmable water.
Post Order: The Player gives orders second on the first round.

Example Doors

Below are some example hints that might be assigned to each mons' door. Part of this RP's preparation would be a RNG table being made for each rank of Pike, from which refs would generate the contents of each door. Each hint has a known chance to be helpful, and a known chance to be harmful. These are assumed to be the "Silver" rank (baseline). They are listed in the following format:

"Hint" - Boon / Ill

• "There is an icy backdraft from this door." - Gain a Yache Berry and an Ice Gem / Battle: Beartic ( @ Chople Berry, Adamant ♂ 100/5/3/2/3/50)
  • "The door is hot to the touch." - A hot spring relaxes your team, restoring half of their spent En / A Magmar burns your team before fleeing!
  • "A delicious smell wafts from the room." - Receive three (3) Sitrus Berries and (3) Enigma Berries / Munchlax ( @ Quick Claw, Brave ♂ 120/4/2/2/3/5 -10% Eva)
  • "A constant humming is audible from the room" - A computer is online here. You can exchange your mon with one from your profile! / A computer is online here. It zaps your mon, paralyzing it!
  • "You hear a loud kiai from behind the door" - Recieve an Expert Belt and a Black Belt / Machamp ( @ Lum Berry, Quiet ♀ 100/5/3/4/3/48 -10% Eva)
  • "The door smells of perfume." - All of your Pokemon recieve the Aromatherapy effect. / A Breloom uses Spore on your active Pokemon and flees.

Gameplay Flow

1. Battlers sign up with three mons in a designated challenge thread. Mon order is not important. Players challenge Bronze rank at any time. Players may challenge higher ranks only if they have beaten the rank prior. Players do not assign items. Players select only a single ability.
    Joe Blow said:
    Challenging Silver Rank with my unbeatable team! Trashy, Sandy, and Planty!

Trashy will use Anticipation, Sandy will use Anticipation, and Planty will use Anticipation!
  2. A referee picks up the player's challenge, as per other facilities. Only the oldest unclaimed challenge can be accepted by a referee.
    Referee McDamn said:
    Accepting Joe Blow's challenge, above.
  3. If the challenger did not link to an existing challenge thread, one is made for them.
  4. Actual Pike play begins with this step. The referee posts the player's team in that player's thread.
    Referee McDamn said:

Thank you for challenging the Battle Pike! This is your team:
    I'm not making entire mons for an example, pfffft.
  5. The referee posts three door hints, one for each mon.
    Referee McDamn said:
    HP: 90 / 90 En: 100%
    "The door is hot to the touch." - A hot spring relaxes your team, restoring half of their spent En / A Magmar burns your team before fleeing!
    "You hear a loud kiai from behind the door." - Recieve an Expert Belt and a Black Belt / Machamp ( @ Lum Berry, Quiet ♀ 100/5/3/4/3/48 -10% Eva)
    "The door smells of perfume." - All of your Pokemon recieve the Aromatherapy effect. / A Breloom uses Spore on your active Pokemon and flees.
  6. The player selects one door. They enter that door with the corresponding mon. The player can manage hold items and use consumable items if they wish, before entering a door.
    Joe Blow said:
    I'll enter Sandy's door.
  7. The ref rolls RNG for the chosen door. The ratio of boon vs. ill depends on the rank of the challenge: 70:30 in favor of boon on Bronze, 50:50 on Silver, and 70:30 in favor of ill on Gold.
  8. The ref plays out the encounter, either posting mere results or conducting battle if necessary.
    RNG Roll: 1-5000 : 5001 - 10000 : 2363 (Boon)

Some muscleman is training here. He ties two belts to your head, and then skips away, singing.

Got an
    Expert Belt!

Got a
    Black Belt!
  9. This cycle of rooms and doors continues for six (6) rooms total, before the player fights Pike Queen Lucy in the seventh room.
  10. The referee posts prizes for the player and himself or herself.
  11. If the player went all the way and beat the Pike Queen, they can re-challenge immediately. If at any point all three of their Pokémon were KO'd, that player has lost and cannot re-challenge for an exact week. They earn CC for the room that defeated them, but no KOC (if applicable).

Pike Queen Lucy

Pike Queen Lucy's Pokémon are trained to the extreme—their movepools are complete. She is an extreme challenge for any challenger, and can be near impossible to beat without gracious boons in the prior rooms.

Pokemon: 3v3 Singles
DQ: 2 days
Switch: OK
Abilities: ONE
Items: OK (should you acquire any)
Recovers:
Chills:
Arena: Pike Arena. All necessary components for attacks are provided, as is swimmable water.
Post Order: Pike Queen Lucy gives orders second on the first round.

Bronze Rank Battle:

Seviper ♀

Nature: Quiet (SpA +1, Spe -8, Eva -10%)
Type: Poison

Poison Type - Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Ability: Shed Skin - (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Item: Smoke Ball

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 57 (-)

Height Class: 4
Weight Class: 3
BRT: 18

Attacks:

Wrap
Lick
Bite
Poison Tail
Screech
Glare
Crunch
Poison Fang
Swagger
Haze
Night Slash
Poison Jab
Venoshock
Wring Out
Coil

Assurance
Body Slam
Final Gambit
Iron Tail
Punishment
Scary Face
Spit Up
Stockpile
Swallow
Switcheroo
Wring Out

Aqua Tail
Double-Edge
Endure
Fury Cutter
Headbutt
Knock Off
Mimic
Mud-Slap
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Swift

Toxic
Hidden Power [Ice, 7]
Sunny Day
Taunt
Protect
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Frustration
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Double Team
Sludge Wave
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Facade
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief
Snatch
Round
Payback
Captivate
Dark Pulse
Retaliate
Bulldoze
X-Scissor
Dragon Tail
Natural Gift
Rock Smash
Strength
Dragonair "Halt" (Marvel Scale @ Expert Belt, Mild ♀ 100/3/2/4/3/70 )
Dunsparce "Fun" (Serene Grace @ Mental Herb, Brave ♀ 110/4/3/3/3/40 -10% Eva)

Silver Rank Battle:
Gorebyss "Flounder" (Hydration @ Binding Band, Lonely ♀ 90/4/3/4/3/52 )
Serperior "Bowie" (Contrary @ Light Clay, Timid ♀ 100/2/3/3/3/130 +19% Acc)
Gyarados "Snuggums" (Intimidate @ Wacan Berry, Careful ♀ 100/5/3/1/5/81 )

Gold Rank Battle:
Milotic "Leivitainn" (Marvel Scale @ Prism Scale, Bold ♀ 100/1/4/4/5/81 )
Steelix "Jormungandr" (Sheer Force @ Razor Fang, Careful ♀ 100/3/8/1/4/30 )
Rayquaza "Lyndwyrm" (Air Lock @ Life Orb, Hasty 110/6/2/6/3/110 +13% Acc)

Miscellaneous Notes
  • Aromatherapy will NOT cure your team, only the user. After all, your other two mons aren't with you during battle. Unless you're fighting Lucy, of course.
  • Healing doesn't occur after battles. Referees can take advantage of this by loading up on negative status effects, or simply bullrushing foes for big damage. Bide doesn't stop you from taking the damage you return, players!
  • After each door is processed, each of the player's mons regain 15 En.

Rewards

For Players:

Bronze Rank:
2 KOC for each battle room won.
1 CC for other rooms.
1 CC and 2 KOC per mon KO'd versus Lucy.
+5 CC for beating Lucy.

Silver Rank:
2 KOC for each battle room won.
1 CC for other rooms.
2 CC and 4 KOC per mon KO'd versus Lucy.
+10 CC for beating Lucy.

Gold Rank:
3 KOC for each battle room won.
1 CC for other rooms.
2 CC and 6 KOC per mon KO'd versus Lucy.
+15 CC for beating Lucy.

Pike items are NOT retained.

Maximum reward: 21 CC and 36 KOC total, for beating six battle rooms and then beating Gold-rank Lucy with six battles' worth of damage and without held items. I'd call that fair, given the difficulty.

For refs:
2 UC baseline
2 UC per battle room.
1 UC for other rooms.
6 UC for Lucy on any rank.

Maximum reward: 20 UC, for six successive battle rooms, and then Lucy. I'd call that fair for putting up with such a tenacious player.

This is merely the pitch. Feel free to ask questions, compare to IAR's proposal, or suggest... well, anything!

So much win so much win so much win so much win so much win.

Also, Lou, note whether or not you keep Pike items--iirc, you decided on IRC that they wouldn't be kept, but it should be posted.

OK here's an idea I had a while ago, but didn't get around to posting officially.

POKEMON ARENA*
*Cooler name pending

Summary: A continuous 1v1v1v1 Melee with various crazy stadium effects and spectator participation.

Flavour: The game takes place inside a huge stadium packed with battle addicts - spectators who crave nothing more than perpetual, unending entertainment.
This Arena exists to cater to them.
The battle here is non-stop. Pokemon come, Pokemon go, and the crowd loves every minute of it. Victory isn't unlikely - it's impossible! But you can try to set some records...

Details: The battle is a 1v1v1v1 Free for All format. Players will sign up in the appropriate thread by posting the profile of the Pokemon they wish to enter and when the first four players have entered the battle will start.

To begin with, the battle will play normally. There will be 2 actions a round, with actions being sent via PM to the ref. However, things get interesting when a Pokemon is KOd. At this point, the next player to have signed up will be immediately entered into the fray in the last Pokemon's spot (this includes team passable bonuses such as screens, so you may get lucky). In this way the battle lasts forever, with new Pokemon constantly coming in to replace the old ones.
Note that it's up to you to keep track of when you might be entered into the battle. You will be notified via pm, but if you aren't active enough you may fall victim to the "DQ" system below.

As such, it is impossible to 'win'; you can't just beat all the other Pokemon and call it a day. The aim is to set records.

Records:
The aim of the game is to set records, with Prizes being awarded for 3rd, 2nd and 1st place. Records include:
Most KOs
Most Damage Dealt
Most Damage Taken
Most Rounds Lasted
And perhaps others - I'm open to suggestions.
With three opponents (or more - I'll get to that) it can be hard to survive long enough to set a record, but there are some tricks. Besides, that's part of the challenge isn't it?
There may be some "placeholder" records to strive for until records are actually set by players.
Record Holders will be noted in a Hall of Fame

Arena: The Arena functions like the ASB Standard Arena, with no restrictions or biases. However, at the end of every round (or two?) there's a chance that something might happen. "Something" can include a wide variety of things, such as a field effect, Pokemon appearing (hence the 'or more' above), or strange things never before encountered...
Another addition is the crowd.
If A Pokemon does not inflict any direct damage two rounds in a row, the crowd will become angered by their boringness and throw Rocks at them, reducing their HP by 15. They will continue to do so in any subsequent rounds in which no direct damage is dealt by the Pokemon.
However, if a Pokemon scores a KO the crowd gets super excited and bombards their new hero with healing items, enough to restore half the Pokemon's max HP and energy. This goes a long way in maintaining your existence in the ring, and setting records.

DQ: Players will never be DQ'd from the Arena. But there is a catch...
At the end of each round, there will be a period of (24? 48? I'm leaning towards 24 to ensure the battle moves swiftly) hours in which players must send their actions to the ref. If the ref takes longer to act they may get lucky, but once a placeholder post has been made by the ref in the thread actions will no longer be valid. THIS WILL NEVER OCCUR BEFORE THE WAITING PERIOD IS OVER.
If a player has not sent in actions, their Pokemon will simply Chill twice. If this goes on, the crowd will get angry, not to mention that other players may pick on the easy target.

Spectator Participation: In between rounds, spectators (assumed to part of the crowd) may choose to throw items at Pokemon in the ring. Each spectator may throw one of the following per round:
Rock: Deals 5 Damage
Berry: Restores 5 HP
Treat: Restores 5 EN
Additionally spectators may sometimes be called upon to vote for arena effects.

Rewards:
This part I'm pretty sketchy on, I'm thinking when the mon is sent out it will get 1 CC for the trainer and 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC for itself. It will then gain an addition CC and MC for every certain number of rounds survived. But this is all up in the air.
Obviously KO Counters will be awarded for knocking out other Pokemon.
Records will be paid for handomely, I'm thinking 5 CC, 10 CC, 15 CC or even change the latter to UC to make it extra special?

KO Notes: KOs dealt by indirect damage are attributed to the dealer of that damage, even if that Pokemon is no longer active. This means KOC and records for most KOs (and damage dealt by extension) can be achieved by Pokemon who have finished their challenge, so don't give up hope after you've fainted! Self KOs (energy, explosion) will be attributed to the last mon to hit the KOd Pokemon (again, this could be a fainted mon).

That's all I can think of for now, C+C?

I also have another RP idea, but I think its similar to Atheno's clan wars and I don't want to steal his TM25, so I'll keep that to myself for now.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
If A Pokemon does not inflict any direct damage two rounds in a row, the crowd will become angered by their boringness and throw Rocks at them, reducing their HP by 15. They will continue to do so in any subsequent rounds in which no direct damage is dealt by the Pokemon.
However, if a Pokemon scores a KO the crowd gets super excited and bombards their new hero with healing items, enough to restore half the Pokemon's max HP and energy. This goes a long way in maintaining your existence in the ring, and setting records.
This strikes me as very unnecessary, considering you have three other players to create interesting battles.

Hell, even Chill | Chill brings you a round closer to a record endurance run.

In between rounds, spectators (assumed to part of the crowd) may choose to throw items at Pokemon in the ring. Each spectator may throw one of the following per round:
Rock: Deals 5 Damage
Berry: Restores 5 HP
Treat: Restores 5 EN
"Guys, he's going to last longer than <user>'s record! Throw rocks at him!"

Anything I haven't touched on is technically sound, for now. I might think of more things later.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Another point regarding Arenas: make sure not to let players choose between multiple openings. Each opening should be automatically filled from a linear queue.

This reinforces the "lucky start" aspect, and discourages attempts to counterteam the publicly-known mons of the other players.

Also, make a clean board-wipe (including one's self) worth some reward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)