Pet Mods Leader
Approved by the rest of staff, also using the Gen 8 banner by a good friend of mine for nowBack from the earliest parts of Gen 8, here's Roulettemons 2! In most Pet Mods, a Pokemon is added or changed because either it was voted in as a submission or the owner of the mod changed it as one of many personal changes. The whole goal of this meta is to allow RNG to create every legal Fakemon while still allowing user input. The users will be able to discuss and then vote on five possible Fakemon that could be added to the metagame.
If you would like to read the process for randomization, feel free to read about it here, though you don't have to:
- For each Pokemon, six numbers will be randomly generated. The sum of those will be found, then 600 will be subtracted from that. Our new number will be divided by 6, rounded, then added or subtracted from each of our starting numbers. The sixth might be changed a bit if the result is off by 1 or 2 from 600, but those six numbers will be our stats.
- For their abilities, I got a list of every non form-changing ability, randomized it 3 times, and then got the top 10 results from each since the generator currently makes ten Pokemon at once. Those three will be the primary, secondary, and hidden abilities, but I added a one in three chance that instead of giving out an ability, the secondary slot gives out “N/A.” It's entirely possible for a Pokemon to get the same ability in multiple slots, like Pressure / N/A | Pressure, and in cases like that we'll just drop one and say Pressure is its only ability as opposed to rerolling.
- For their typings, I got two lists of every single type in the game, similar to the ability lists. They also have a one in three chance of having “N/A” instead of their secondary typing, and the same thing applies with duplicate typings as duplicate abilities.
- The movesets take the same idea as the abilities, except I have a list of every move Smogon marks as "viable" and every move Smogon marks as "unviable." These might not be accurate, and they definitely won't reflect what a Pokemon may actually use, but all 10 randomized Pokemon get 20 of each. In Roulettemons, the first two or four moves will be replaced with STAB moves and each Pokemon will also automatically learn every move that a majority of Pokemon learn by TM, like Protect or Substitute.
- All of this is done in Google Sheets.
Due to how lengthy the explanation is, I'll keep the rest short for those who read it all...
Each slate, I will post 5 new Fakemon given out by RNG using the methods above. During this phase, you mainly should discuss how each of them could impact the metagame, what sets would be best for them, and so on. You're free to discuss whatever you'd like about the meta, but the new Fakemon will always be by far the most important topic. For voting phase, we'll be doing something a bit different than Roulettemons 1. You get to vote "Yes" or "No" for as many Fakemon as you'd like. If any of them get over 50% yes votes, they will be added, and any below 50% will be rejected.
If a sub you like doesn't win, then don't worry! There will also be a Roulettemons Ubers that has every accepted AND rejected Pokemon. Terastal will also be fully banned from the main format, but provided it gets implemented in the Showdown server, it'll be fully legal in Roulettemons Ubers. If you want a much more chaotic meta than the base format, or if you just want a version of this with Terastal legal, then there you go.
For other important stuff...
Spreadsheet with all legal Pokemon
Discord server for random Pokemon generation + other discussion
Roulettemons 2 is playable on this Showdown server!