Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Magnet Rise

Am I crazy? Nope magnet rise is a great move on our legendary goat. Why do you ask? Because if screws up most of its counters and uses them as set up fodders like Drudiggon, Rhyperior (without D-tail) and gligar. Sooner than later your opponent finds out that he will need to fodder at least one Pokemon to stop this monster. This set works wonders vs teams using the Aromatisse/ Escavalier/ Gligar core as it can fully counter each member. Zoroark is a wonderful partner because it can deal with Doublade and Slowking, two of the best Cobalion's counters.
this set is almost too similar to galbia's set here. im guessing by creative sets it means original, so not sure what happened here. If you thought it up by yourself, sorry but i just wanted to point it out.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
how does it beat drudd again? Only the support set loses, the other sets just solidly 2HKO cobe. Band and LO both cleanly 2HKO cobe with fire punch and flamethrower respectively.
+2 252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Druddigon: 331-391 (92.4 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

this set is almost too similar to galbia's set here. im guessing by creative sets it means original, so not sure what happened here. If you thought it up by yourself, sorry but i just wanted to point it out.
I am sorry, I didn't know that someone else thought about it before me. Yet I didn't copy him or anybody I thought it by myself in order to pass Gligar and Rhyperior.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
+2 252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Druddigon: 331-391 (92.4 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

I am sorry, I didn't know that someone else thought about it before me. Yet I didn't copy him or anybody I thought it by myself in order to pass Gligar and Rhyperior.
If you read, you could know that I was assuming you used magnet rise on the switch-in, not SD. Regular SD Cobalion does the same exact thing, so why did drudd even deserve a special mention?

Mew2

Sex is overrated
If you read, you could know that I was assuming you used magnet rise on the switch-in, not SD. Regular SD Cobalion does the same exact thing, so why did drudd even deserve a special mention?
No one sets up the magnet rise on the switch....

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
Durant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Thunder Fang

Yes, this is underrated because Durant is somehow NU/barely RU. Crunch can be used over Thunder Fang if you want to Hit Delphox, Slowking, and Doublade hard at the same time and you don't care about pink heart fish.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder / Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Synthesis

252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.2%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 136-162 (38.5 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

This is one of the best defensive checks to Hitmonlee because Effect Spore + resist HJK spam.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder / Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Synthesis

252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.2%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 136-162 (38.5 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

This is one of the best defensive checks to Hitmonlee because Effect Spore + resist HJK spam.
Why would you use Vileplume > Amoonguss though? Amoonguss is bulkier on the physical side (possibly also the special side) has a more accurate sleep move, has a better ability in Regenerator and furthermore, even if you were to prefer Effect Spore, Amoonguss also gets Effect Spore.

Its only advantage is a higher special attack, which isn't that noteworthy if you are walling something.

better defenses (worst hp tho), better SpA and speed, no reason to not use Amoonguss without Regen which I think that still is a decent check to Hitmonlee, worst than Effect Spore for this job because this ability at least force him to not attack.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs/Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick/Hidden Power [Fire]

now this is what i call a cool pokemon. rotom-frost is a great disruptor who picks up momentum easily, and rips apart standard regenrator cores like Alomomola+Tangrowth Slowking+
amoonguss, and others. you may be asking why you would use a mon like this over something like rotom-mow or some other dum rotom form. the Reason is simple, STAB Tundrabolt (shoutout to my boy CoolStoryBrobat for that one) coverage. Hitting everything bar shedinja and magneton and lanturn for at least neutral damage is awesome, and with the right prediction, you can rip apart bulky offense and stall (epescially stall) teams with lil to no effort.

Molk EDIT: wow glassglaceon forgetting his favorite pokemon lanturn

Last edited:
better defenses (worst hp tho), better SpA and speed, no reason to not use Amoonguss without Regen which I think that still is a decent check to Hitmonlee, worst than Effect Spore for this job because this ability at least force him to not attack.
Amoonguss is actually the one that has better defenses.

252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 136-162 (38.4 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 155-183 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- 91.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Vileplume: 148-175 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Amoonguss: 164-193 (37.9 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

So essentially Amoonguss can run the same set with better bulk (ability, moves, and all) but less offensive potential (although given that both are trying to wall hitmonlee...). It also has stuff like Spore, Clear Smog, and Foul Play which Vileplume lacks. While yes, Effect Spore is not better on Amoonguss than Regenerator, I was saying Amoonguss had Effect Spore mostly to say that it does have access to same ability but at the same time never uses it.

Reactions: g
I'm gonna post now an original set.

lovely pepa (Jolteon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 80 HP / 176 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Wish
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This Jolteon is probably one of my favourites to use, allows to pass free subs along with wish support to offensive/balance teams, which is hard to fit this support on these offensive teams, physical/special sweepers which appreciated a free turn and wish support are good temmates, the spread maximizes the SpA and Speed until to outrun base 120 (max speed) so you can use Baton Pass before Dugtrio attacks.

use lovely pepa B)

I'm gonna post now an original set.

lovely pepa (Jolteon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 80 HP / 176 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Wish
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This Jolteon is probably one of my favourites to use, allows to pass free subs along with wish support to offensive/balance teams, which is hard to fit this support on these offensive teams, physical/special sweepers which appreciated a free turn and wish support are good temmates, the spread maximizes the SpA and Speed until to outrun base 120 (max speed) so you can use Baton Pass before Dugtrio attacks.

use lovely pepa B)
Isn't Jolteon's HP to low to be a decent wish passer?

Isn't Jolteon's HP to low to be a decent wish passer?
I've used this set and I'm quite impressed so here goes.
It acts more of a scout than a proper wish supporter. You use the sub against slower opponents to scout what they'll do, and then switch to the appropriate counter. Wish is an additional bonus should you be able to get a sub up on a toxic or something, and form there you can baton pass the sub with the wish to a teammate that threatens to opposing man and getting it's HP restored. Offensive teams love this support since stuff like Mola and Aroma slow down their momentum.

However if you feel like Wish isn't necessary I think you can switch it for HP Ice

Why would you use Vileplume > Amoonguss though? Amoonguss is bulkier on the physical side (possibly also the special side) has a more accurate sleep move, has a better ability in Regenerator and furthermore, even if you were to prefer Effect Spore, Amoonguss also gets Effect Spore.

Its only advantage is a higher special attack, which isn't that noteworthy if you are walling something.
Actually, Vileplume has slightly higher defenses on both sides, but much less health, effectively making that moot.

However, I agree with this. If you're using Vileplume in that particular way, use Amoonguss. Vileplume has access to Aromatherapy as well as a much higher attacking stat, so she should be used for those purposes only.

Archeops @ (No Item)
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Just look at him, he's like Flappy Bird on steroids. On a more serious note, Archeops is one of the biggest threats in RU. STAB Acrobatics coming from a base 140 Attack is not a joke. On top of that, it has an excellent speed stat, allowing it to beat the majority of the tier. Taunt helps against Stall. EdgeQuake covers pretty much everything in RU when you're not spamming Acrobatics. Other decent options are SR, Tailwind, Roost and U-turn.

Use the bird and you will not be disappointed.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
DRUDDIGON SLAYER
(Granbull) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Spd / 212 HP
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge / Ice Punch

• Fairy + Intimidate allow it to check Virizion, Hitmonlee (Lee needs 2 max/near max roll to kill the Dog after SR), Physical Sharpedo, DRUDDIGON, Gallade, Zoroark, and others effectively (pretty much any unboosted physical attacker not named Braviary, Cobalion or Durant)
  • Outspeeds uninvested base 50s (read Registeel) Rest in bulk because intimidate is a great ability and having as much as possible to check the things it is supposed to is good. Speed can be ignored if this dog is used in a trick room team for whatever reason.
  • Fairy Stab is obviously good specially when
  • |
  • v
  • EQ is the main coverage move because it 2hkoes Doublade (big deal) while still hitting all the relevant things that resist fairy (ok except Amoonguss and Bronzong) really hard. Unless I missed something, it 2HKOes everything it is supposed to hit except for Rhyperior.
  • Fire Punch for the 2 things EQ can't beat
  • Wild Charge is only because it can 2hko Alomomola with some luck (read you don't get burned). It also kills Fletchinder and Moltres who would be really annoying otherwise because they basically get free switch vs dog otherwise.
  • Ice Punch is ok because it does massive damage to Gligar
  • It ohkoes all non roseli berry Druddigon

Last edited:

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
This isn't really all that creative per se but it only shows up on 8% of all Kabutops so I figured it was underrated.

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Unlike most Kabutops sets, which have spinning as their first priority and sweeping as their second, this set aims solely to sweep. Lum Berry may seem like an inferior choice to the popular Life Orb, but by using it you can beat a few of Kabutops' usual checks. Against defensive teams with a slightly weakened Alomomola, Kabutops can safely boost up to +4 (provided Alomomola switches in) and hit Mola with a Stone Edge that does around 80-90%, while remaining safe from Toxic and/or Scald. Note that standard Life Orb Kabutops would have far more trouble with this, due to the Poison damage stacking with Life Orb, and would likely lose in the long run. Against weakened Mega Banette, Kabutops can easily boost in the face of Destiny Bond, Sucker Punch, and Will-o-Wisp, and once the Lum Berry is all used up, Kabutops can simply Aqua Jet for the win.

Several other threats such as Vivillon, Registeel, and, if you like living life on the edge, Amoonguss, can now be set up on by Kabutops that it wouldn't normally be able to if it were holding Life Orb. The rare Whimsicott can no longer check you with Stun Spore, which is great.

And of course if you can get a Weak Armor boost along with a SD under your belt, you're still just as formidable as a normal Kabutops would be, and in fact I've found the lack of Life Orb recoil to be life-saving, especially considering you need to be somewhat weakened in order for Weak Armor to activate.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Dunno if anyone posted but here is DDD (Double Dance Doublade)

Sir Robin (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Autotomize
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw

Doublade. The incredible one-dimensional threat... or not? Doublade's main problems are its stupidly low and useless ability. While the latter has no solution, the Speed problem actually has! I present you DDD - Double Dance Doublade. SD is obvious and the STABs too, being Iron Head and Shadow Claw, since they're the best moves Doublade has. Autotomize is the crux. At +2, Max Speed Adamant Doublade reaches 338 Speed, which outspeeds Delphox by one point. Amazing for a Pokemon with base 35, huh? While Adamant Doublade it misses base 105 such as Mismagius and Zoroark, Doublade can run Jolly to outspeed all positive nature max Speed base 115 such as Cinccino and Ambipom. Jolly lowers Doublade attack to 319 max but this thing often finds lots of oppotunities to sweep, even without any HP EVs due to its incredible typing and physical bulk, and the nature really depends on what your team struggles the most. In SW teams, which DDD works best, Adamant is preferred. This set is good if needing a sweeper. Sometimes it won't be so easy to use both but when it's possible the payoff is enormous and satisfying.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Moltres @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Agility
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Roost

You want the opponent to pray for a miss like never before? You want the satifaction of taking advantage of a Choice locked Delphox or Escavalier? You want to stick a giant middle finger in front of Web Offense teams? Then I am proud to announce that Agility Moltres is here for you! In all seriousness though, Agility Moltres is an absolute beast. Being able to double as a wallbreaker and late-game sweeper, Agility Moltres can strike fear into the hearts of many teams. Agility doubles Moltres's Speed so it can outspeed every relevant Scarf user in the tier. Flamethrower is used over Fire Blast so Moltres has at least one reliable STAB option to clean up with. Hurricane just flat out nukes shit. With Life Orb and a Modest nature, you'll be hard pressed to find anything that can survive it without a resist. (anything viable that is) Roost provides Moltres with reliable healing as it may take some damage early on when it's attempting to weaken walls. Special Attack is maxed while 156 Speed EVs puts Moltres ahead of Choice Scarf Delphox and Choice Scarf Zoroark. All but 4 of the remaining EVs are placed into HP to round down Rocks damage while giving Moltres some extra bulk to work with during the match. As for the item, Life Orb gives more power while Leftovers offers more survivability. Both have pros and cons. Here's some replays of it in action for those who are curious:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rubeta-121974332 - lucky burn, but meh
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-126971323 - Silvershadow234 now knows the power.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion

Moltres @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Agility
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Roost

You want the opponent to pray for a miss like never before? You want the satifaction of taking advantage of a Choice locked Delphox or Escavalier? You want to stick a giant middle finger in front of Web Offense teams? Then I am proud to announce that Agility Moltres is here for you! In all seriousness though, Agility Moltres is an absolute beast. Being able to double as a wallbreaker and late-game sweeper, Agility Moltres can strike fear into the hearts of many teams. Agility doubles Moltres's Speed so it can outspeed every relevant Scarf user in the tier. Flamethrower is used over Fire Blast so Moltres has at least one reliable STAB option to clean up with. Hurricane just flat out nukes shit. With Life Orb and a Modest nature, you'll be hard pressed to find anything that can survive it without a resist. (anything viable that is) Roost provides Moltres with reliable healing as it may take some damage early on when it's attempting to weaken walls. Special Attack is maxed while 156 Speed EVs puts Moltres ahead of Choice Scarf Delphox and Choice Scarf Zoroark. All but 4 of the remaining EVs are placed into HP to round down Rocks damage while giving Moltres some extra bulk to work with during the match. As for the item, Life Orb gives more power while Leftovers offers more survivability. Both have pros and cons. Here's some replays of it in action for those who are curious:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rubeta-121974332 - lucky burn, but meh
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-126971323 - Silvershadow234 now knows the power.
fire blast is still more manly :]

fire blast is still more manly :]
Besides that, Agility Moltres is more of a cleaner than powerful hard hitter (well it still hits hard but it's mian role is clean/sweep) so Flamethrower is a better option due to being more reliable, and the power drop doesn't matter a lot since everything is supposed to be weakened anyway

Besides that, Agility Moltres is more of a cleaner than powerful hard hitter (well it still hits hard but it's mian role is clean/sweep) so Flamethrower is a better option due to being more reliable, and the power drop doesn't matter a lot since everything is supposed to be weakened anyway

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Head Smash
- Endeavor

Lead Archeops is a underrated set. With Froslass gone Archeops no longer need worry about the speedtie, making Archeops the second fastest hazard setter in the tier, only beaten by Dugtrio, although it's not its primary function. This sets goal is to function as an anti-lead against common leads like Cobalion. Taunt shuts down other leads, barring Shuckle. Stealth Rocks allows Archeops to provide a longer lasting form of support. Head Smash will most likely bring you into Defeatist range, however, it is very hard to take unresisted, you could run Stone Edge but Archeops isn't meant for longevity and is much weaker. If Archeops is brought down to its Focus Sash or even close to it, it can severely weaken at least one of the opposing teams Pokemon right at the start of the battle with Endeavor. Archeops is incredibly one dimensional and will only function worth a damn on hyper offense, while Shuckle might be a better choice on many teams, Archeops is certainly a more hetero choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)