Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot

The way to play this team is very simple, Metagross Band Psuiter and Roserade + Ttrum abuse this, Megastoise I usually like a lot in this team, since it leaves a lot of chip damage and is an excellent spinner, now we go with the defensive core, Mandibuzz and Palossand, unbreakable. The speed of palossand is for rhyp, which I feel breaks my team, while the speed of Mandi is for other defensive walls, including other Mandi (sorry for my english)

Last edited:
Mismagius's Sticky Situation

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Synthesis

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 96 HP / 224 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Mirror Coat

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Defog

I immediately knew I wanted to build around Mismagius, whose ability to snatch momentum the moment it gets in on Registeel is immensely fun. An easy partner choice was Lum Berry Virizion, which crushes any remaining hopes stall may have had and handles Water-types more consistently. This core was looking mighty vulnerable to fast Pokemon like Salazzle and Noivern, so Choice Scarf Tyrantrum fit perfectly. I noticed that all three Pokemon so far would benefit immensely from Sticky Web; on goes Araquanid to take care of that. Shuca Berry Metagross gives me Stealth Rock and an answer to Gardevoir and DD Flygon, while Swellow baits the Steel- and Rock-types my offensive core likes so much and provides emergency Defog in case opposing Sticky Web goes up. This is my first attempt at a Sticky Web build, and I'm quite satisfied with the results. The game plan couldn't be simpler: get Sticky Web and possibly Stealth Rock onto the field, then position Mismagius or Virizion to sweep.
edit: no idea why the swellow was air slash when i pasted it, make sure it's defog!!!

Last edited:

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Passimian @ Choice Band
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Roserade @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

built this around WoW hex missy + ttrum, missy burns and kills most grounds/fighters and abuses steels like metagross/zong/regi so ttrum can spam smash and win. scarf rocks is a neat tech ive been using lately cause ttrum forces so many switches it gets plenty of opportunities to set rocks. cb pass is a mad underrated wallbreaker and can uturn out of stuff like cress/bro/uxie for missy to abuse and gives a cool rock resist while hitting hard as fuck w great coverage. rose is there to set up tspikes and scare defoggers away with poison z. grass knot lets it beat mantine which is p cool. stoise is hazard removal and generally good offensive mon, and gives an extra fire resist which is good if ttrum is weakened or im facing a specs tales. champ fixes the stoise matchup bc its no guard which means its not getting def drops from killing stoise. this means tpunch isnt needed and thanks to no guard stone edge is 100% accurate and hits most ice punch targets too. its a good set i promise.

a bit late but imma post a team aswell!

I actually build this team before this building theme was decided. The keystone of the this team was trying to create an Umbreon Balance team in the current meta. The formula was pretty simple with a 3 mon defensive core, a (set-up) sweeper, a sweeper supporter,and speed control. The defensive core consists of spdef umbreon defensive palosand and mantine. all 3 mons compliment eachother pretty wel, typewise but they also overlap in certain checks so they dont have to fear if one is weakend the whole core will fall down on its knees. Moonlight + Wish umbreon is basically an adaptation on the standard wish tect set but this way it wont lose its momentum when umbreon tries to heal itself. Moonlight also works amazingly well with the drought ability from ninetales. Palosand is the main fighting check and is surprisingly fat and strong at the same time! Its also the rocker where toxic can punish the spinners and defoggers trying to win the hazard control war cause lets face it, palosand wont win it often. Palosand is a great check to the most fearsome balace breaker in the current meta, Toxicroak. colbur is there help the match up some more incase of a random np croak or one with sd knock/sucker punch. Mantine is the fat bulky water and reliable answer to np tales and salazzle. its also a decent check to gardevoir who can be annoying otherwise. When palo is pressured Viriz can come in as a secondary check to Zydog, but Virizion mostly fils up the sweeper vacancy of the team. At the moment the combination of its speed, typing and Z move options viriz is one of the most fearsome mons in the current meta. To pair up with this dangerous sweeper I chose specs ninetales. If you dont have a solid fire resist like lax, dragalge or mantine something will die with heavy degree burns. To finish up the team and fill up the speed control role I went with the most annoying mon to play, Choice Scarf Ditto. Ditto adds speed control and the ability to scare a player from setting up too much or at all, cause a reverse sweep with its own mon is painfully humiliating. The IV spread on ditto gives it hidden power ground wich is basically meant for revenge killing a Salazzle or ninetales. Umbreon + ditto also just fucks stall as well since you sorta have infinite pp and win the pp war against stall if youre patient enough. otherwise you just smack em with viriz and tales :psysly:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Mankind (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze
- Air Slash

Virizion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Synthesis

You, but better! (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Transform

Ninetales @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Its not a perfect team but man its fun to play with it. For all of the haters; Yes Umbreon isnt in a great spot rn but it still does the job on this team!

Last edited:

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
This week we got an amazing amount of submissions and with a good diversity of teams around Ghost-types. Now you can vote for your 2 favorite teams.

https://pokepast.es/4284e939c1b5e4f2
This week's subject was a goldmine for me. While not listed, Cofagrigus is still a ghost (that arguably is better than Mega Banette) that is playable in the tier. I decided to go with Pseudo Trick room, and a rather unorthadox set, being Electrium Cofagrigus. It snipes the majority of darks at +2 (bar Umbreon but its fat anyways so). Next, I decided to add Curselax to help deal with Umbreon, as Clicking Toxic results in a facade to the face. Cofagrigus can also switch into the majority of fighting types and fighting coverage (bar Mega Blastoise and things with strong knock off.) Nidoqueen helps with Fightings once more, and provides Toxic Support to cripple Milotic, Mandibuzz, etc. It is also the team's rocker. Roserade helps pressure Milotic and Blastoise, and is the Virizion check on the build. Mandibuzz gives us a way to deal with stall more efficiently, as well as being our Hazard Control. Finally, Gardevoir is the speed control and helps vs Umbreon and can cripple walls with trick, as well as giving the team Healing Wish support. Overall, the team is annoyed by Blastoise a little, but it can be played around. Ninetails is also very annoying, but it also can be revenged and it's still annoyed by Trick Room as a whole. Overall, this team was really fun to build and I hope you all enjoy it!
https://pokepast.es/d7628dd7721757b0
Decidueye is a fairly interesting mon with a pretty unique dual-typing which grants excellent dual STAB combination and key resistances to Ground, Grass, Electric and Water aswell as a Fighting immunity. I went Sub SD Grassium which is able to setup and break a fairly big amount of defensive mons such as Registeel, Milotic, Slowbro, and Cress. Grassium deals a fair amount of damage to both Umbreon and Pory2 and Jolly nature outspeeds modest M-Blastoise. CB Zydog takes advantage of Decidueye's breaking capabilities and remove Drapion and Nidoqueen. Rindo Slowbro+Curse Steelix glues the team together. Rindo berry lures in Virizion, Roserade and Shaymin and CurseLix 1v1 Umbreon, Mandibuzz and P2. Goodra Scarf is an underrated gem (probably cuz it has no analysis yet) which offers speed control and a switch-in to Roserade. Finally Florges can come in on Blastoise and offers hazard control. 24 Careful is a jump point where Boomburst's Swellow will almost never 2HKO with Rocks up.

Before adding Goodra I tested Toxicroak Scarf on this team so DD Gatr is not that big of a problem but I feel Goodra is the superior choice and Colbur Berry could be used on Slowbro anyway. Vaniluxxe and Aboma (specially SD) can break this team in half, but those mons are not that common and Goodra can take 1 Ice Shard from either of those. Anyway, it's a fun team to use in ladder and I hope you guys enjoy it!
https://pokepast.es/863edc259dadfa8d
This team is built around jellicent a nice defensive mon with its Water/Ghost typing, the purpose of jellicent is to check Zygarde 10%, Mega-Blastoise and Bewear.
Jellicents well rounded Bulk allows it to survive at least 2 Choice Band boosted Thousand Arrows from opposing Zygarde 10% and packed with Will-O-Wisp it is able to cripple down the opposing Zygarde and the rest of the opponents team mainly the physical attackers.
The second Member of this Squad is Zygarde 10% with its strong Dragonium Z, after a DD boost it is faster than most if not all pkmn in the RU tier, Thousand Arrows is its really good Main STAB, which also hits Bronzong and other mons with the ability Levitate, meanwhile Outrage is its other Main STAB and coupled with E-Speed it can also revenge kill with a +2 priority attack.
Rotom-Mow acts like the defogger on this team, it is also able to give the team momentum with Volt-Switch.
Metagross has the Item Shuca berry, which allows it to comfortably life a Thousand Arrows from Zygarde and also Earthquakes from other mons like Rhyperior and the likes.
It has Ice Punch and EQ as its coverage option, meanwhile I went for meteor Mash for its STAB, Meteor Mash also has a slight chance to give Metagross a +1 Att raise.
Next member on the squad is scarfed Gardevoir to have some kind of speed control. Gardevoir has Psyshock and Mblast as its STAB moves, meanwhile Shadow Ball acts somewhat as a lure for Metagross and Bronzong - it also hits Cresselia Super effective and opposing Gardevoirs as well.
Last but not least: Arcanine, it is CB arcanine with adamant nature to have the maximum dmg output it can get on its STAB in F-Blitz, it has the coverage options in Wilde Charge and also E-Speed, which it can profit from to revenge kill weakened pokemon with a +2 Priority.
It has Flash Fire so that team is able to switch into Ninetales and other Fire Types in the RU tier better.
https://pokepast.es/8103242e9c68349f
Stall as an archetype is currently in an interesting place in the RU metagame. Ever since Gligar moved up to UU, stall was probably the playstyle that felt the impact the most compared to other offensive builds. Multiple experienced ru players told me that stall is almost a dying playstyle in RU. This got me thinking on unique ways of solving this problem. It was a coincidence that the theme for this cycle in the team building project was a Ghost type since I feel like Ghost is a pretty underrated typing which can often fill different holes in a team.

The mon that caught my eye was Decidueye partly because of its decent overall stats and good typing in Grass and Ghost. Normally Decidueye, when used in RU runs the usual SD + dual stab with a z-move set, however, I chose an unorthodox phys def trapping set. Spirit shackle is the obvious move choice allowing it to trap other mons. Since I was investing evs in phys def, I needed a move that could cripple and annoy attackers that could 2hko it and hence I chose feather dance (decreases opp attack by 2 stages if you forgot). This way I could play around physical attackers and eventually kill them with either toxic or spirit shackle. This provided very helpful in completely walling Virizion and checking Necrozma, a both of which are notable wallbreakers and pose threats to stall. Decidueye also has a great recovery option in Roost which set it apart it from Cofragigus and its ability to trap opponents appealed to me more than Palossand and Jellicent. If you notice Decidueye does actually answer similar (not the same) threats that Gligar could answer. Registeel was the clear choice for rocks and I opted for iron head over seismic toss since once the team was complete, mega abomasnow looked annoying to face. Thus the 96 speed ev's are meant to speed creep max speed adamant Mega Abomasnow. Goodra was an easy choice for any defensive team since it checked many special attackers in the tier such as salazzle and roserade. With 220+ spdef investment, Sludge bomb from Life Orb Roserade was not a guaranteed 4HKO. Mega Audino was the mega of choice since it was a good wish passer and cleric and suited the job better than florges on a stall team. Quagsire was the better option for an unaware mon since it provided an electric immunity which the team currently lacked. The standard curse set was used to shut down curse Snorlax or SD Bewear or mons that Decidueye couldn't trap. And finally, the final mon to round out this stall build was Mantine. Mantine was an essential pick since it provided a vital ground immunity (outside thousand arrows) which every team requires. Toxic was used in place over scald to punish people staying in with Mega Blastoise or with Ninetales in the Sun. Flyinium Z was picked over leftovers since it prevented the team from getting overwhelmed by fighting types.

If played carefully, this team addresses most threats in the tier and can play around them by stalling/trapping. Mega Blastoise cannot gain much momentum due to considerable counterplay with Mantine and Mega Audino. Raikou has the possibility of being annoying if allowed to set up multiple calm minds but otherwise just acts as a thorn in the side which can be dealt with. Machamp can be a problem but once again, can be played around with Audino and Mantine. Overall this team was a blast to build (even though it was stall), and I hope you guys enjoy this team!
https://pokepast.es/5f1bc8d3e55f7e1f
The way to play this team is very simple, Metagross Band Psuiter and Roserade + Ttrum abuse this, Megastoise I usually like a lot in this team, since it leaves a lot of chip damage and is an excellent spinner, now we go with the defensive core, Mandibuzz and Palossand, unbreakable. The speed of palossand is for rhyp, which I feel breaks my team, while the speed of Mandi is for other defensive walls, including other Mandibuzz.
https://pokepast.es/56c8fb034725dbc9
I immediately knew I wanted to build around Mismagius, whose ability to snatch momentum the moment it gets in on Registeel is immensely fun. An easy partner choice was Lum Berry Virizion, which crushes any remaining hopes stall may have had and handles Water-types more consistently. This core was looking mighty vulnerable to fast Pokemon like Salazzle and Noivern, so Choice Scarf Tyrantrum fit perfectly. I noticed that all three Pokemon so far would benefit immensely from Sticky Web; on goes Araquanid to take care of that. Shuca Berry Metagross gives me Stealth Rock and an answer to Gardevoir and DD Flygon, while Swellow baits the Steel- and Rock-types my offensive core likes so much and provides emergency Defog in case opposing Sticky Web goes up. This is my first attempt at a Sticky Web build, and I'm quite satisfied with the results. The game plan couldn't be simpler: get Sticky Web and possibly Stealth Rock onto the field, then position Mismagius or Virizion to sweep.
https://pokepast.es/0e1e7f1300f3bb42
built this around WoW hex missy + ttrum, missy burns and kills most grounds/fighters and abuses steels like metagross/zong/regi so ttrum can spam smash and win. scarf rocks is a neat tech ive been using lately cause ttrum forces so many switches it gets plenty of opportunities to set rocks. cb pass is a mad underrated wallbreaker and can uturn out of stuff like cress/bro/uxie for missy to abuse and gives a cool rock resist while hitting hard as fuck w great coverage. rose is there to set up tspikes and scare defoggers away with poison z. grass knot lets it beat mantine which is p cool. stoise is hazard removal and generally good offensive mon, and gives an extra fire resist which is good if ttrum is weakened or im facing a specs tales. champ fixes the stoise matchup bc its no guard which means its not getting def drops from killing stoise. this means tpunch isnt needed and thanks to no guard stone edge is 100% accurate and hits most ice punch targets too. its a good set i promise.
https://pokepast.es/1301f645d25f121f
I actually build this team before this building theme was decided. The keystone of the this team was trying to create an Umbreon Balance team in the current meta. The formula was pretty simple with a 3 mon defensive core, a (set-up) sweeper, a sweeper supporter,and speed control. The defensive core consists of spdef umbreon defensive palosand and mantine. all 3 mons compliment eachother pretty wel, typewise but they also overlap in certain checks so they dont have to fear if one is weakend the whole core will fall down on its knees. Moonlight + Wish umbreon is basically an adaptation on the standard wish tect set but this way it wont lose its momentum when umbreon tries to heal itself. Moonlight also works amazingly well with the drought ability from ninetales. Palosand is the main fighting check and is surprisingly fat and strong at the same time! Its also the rocker where toxic can punish the spinners and defoggers trying to win the hazard control war cause lets face it, palosand wont win it often. Palosand is a great check to the most fearsome balace breaker in the current meta, Toxicroak. colbur is there help the match up some more incase of a random np croak or one with sd knock/sucker punch. Mantine is the fat bulky water and reliable answer to np tales and salazzle. its also a decent check to gardevoir who can be annoying otherwise. When palo is pressured Viriz can come in as a secondary check to Zydog, but Virizion mostly fils up the sweeper vacancy of the team. At the moment the combination of its speed, typing and Z move options viriz is one of the most fearsome mons in the current meta. To pair up with this dangerous sweeper I chose specs ninetales. If you dont have a solid fire resist like lax, dragalge or mantine something will die with heavy degree burns. To finish up the team and fill up the speed control role I went with the most annoying mon to play, Choice Scarf Ditto. Ditto adds speed control and the ability to scare a player from setting up too much or at all, cause a reverse sweep with its own mon is painfully humiliating. The IV spread on ditto gives it hidden power ground wich is basically meant for revenge killing a Salazzle or ninetales. Umbreon + ditto also just fucks stall as well since you sorta have infinite pp and win the pp war against stall if youre patient enough. otherwise you just smack em with viriz and tales

This week me and Yay chose a very interesting subject and you guys showed us some really interesting teams. Sickist presented a Pseudo Trick Room team around Cofagrigus, a Pokémon that hasn't been living its brightest days but still has a good niche. Katy submitted a team around Jellicent, showing its good defensive utility and usefulness in this metagame. JuanchoTacorta and Frontloader gave us Decidueye teams, with the first being a more standard approach and the second being a more unique and unexpected stall.
RyLon and The Wall made teams with Palossand as a part of the team's defensive backbone and as their rocker, showing us why this Pokémon as been rising in popularity. CryoGyro and Zizalith submitted Mismagius teams. Cryogyro made a very solid and dangerous sticky webs team, while Zizalith did an offense team with an unexpected and unexplored Mismagius set.

Congratulations to frontloader13 and TheWall for winning Cycle 2 with defensive teams that can absolutely outlive the opposition! Now, lets move over to a quite underlooked threat.

Cycle 3: Necrozma!

Despite its status of broken Pokémon in USM by carrying Solgaleo and Lunala to the top threats' list of Ubers, Necrozma is not usually a flashy Pokémon by itself. It suffered with a "ugly brother" syndrome just like Kyurem or Zygarde at their debut in BW2 and XY, but in RU, Necrozma can usually put in some work. Having showed up 5 times this SPL and having a 60% winrate, Necrozma is usually a reliable offensive Stealth Rock setter, capable of beating hazard removers with a strong STAB move in Photon Geyser and great coverage in Heat Wave, Power Gem, Knock Off, Earthquake and many other moves. Photon Geyser's nature of being either physical or special can help it punish it's opposition for making bad reads and keep its hazards on the field. In other hand, it has access to powerful setup moves in Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Autotomize and reliable recovery with Moonlight, and the tons of coverage it can carry can make it a true jack of all trades. It's decent bulk can also let it be a blanket check of sorts if needed. Having many options and the potential to surprise it's opponents, what can we build with Necrozma?​

Rules:
  • Your team must have a Necrozma.
  • Deadline: 09/03

(Click Sprites for importable)

Basically, I love Synthesis Virizion and we needed to build around Necrozma so thats what I started with. Necrozma sets rocks and annoys steels with Heatwave and Knock Off. Vizirion is the Zydoge check on the team, with Synthesis to keep it healthy throughout the match. Florges is the main Hazard control, as well as being the Blastoise and (most) Fighting Type answer on the team. Milotic in general helped with things like Metagross and Arcanine. Flygon is the speed control as well as blocking Volt Switch. Steelix was an interesting last pick that helped vs things like Dragalge, Random Gunk Shots from random things, as well as giving me that amazing steel typing that the team really needed. It has Taunt to annoy stall and also helps vs Psychics, as the team was kinda annoyed by them. Anyways, thanks for reading, and have a good day!​

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 128 Def / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Klinklang @ Electrium Z
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise

Tsareena @ Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Necrozma @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 88 HP / 144 SpA / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

this team was originally built around the steelspam core of cb metagross + klinklang. predictably, it sucked, so i just replaced half the mons and ended up with this. anyways cm 3atks necroz is a very threatening breaker thats able to turn the tables on its usual counters like mandi mantine araq for tsareena and mudsdale and also means klinklang doesnt have to blow up its z on these mons. klinklang is the star of the team and does klinklang stuff although it kinda sucks as an anything resist. mudsdale is the rock resist and just general pdef sponge the evs make sure u 1v1 stoise i think, and beats dd zygarde which otherwise eats the team. raikou is the water switchin and forms a volturn core with tsareena, which is the ground resist and soften up walls for kk to sweep later. spin tsar sucks, most of the time it would rather just click a move rather than spin. scarf medi is the speed control. i dont remember why i actually ran it other than i feel good after a hjk lands

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae

Necrozma @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Defog

Virizion @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Will-O-Wisp
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
i have stealth rock necrozma with psychium z as i think it's a pretty solid offensive rocker; with one calm mind shattered psyche/heat wave can ohko or cripple a good bunch of the tier and it has the advantage of being faster than all rockers, supporting it i have aerodactyl, who is able to take on fast threats like salazzle, noivern, and roserade; virizion which makes the enemy thinks twice before clicking a dark move and resists thousand arrows; gardevoir who provides speed control and utility with memento (i was torn between memento and healing wish but decided to go with the former since more than half of the mons in this team have recovery anyway) as it helps necrozma and virizion setup and for the defensive core i have mandibuzz for hazard control and physical wall and gastrodon which acts like a mega blastoise check and a fire and poison resistance

(thanks to the RU chat and discord server for giving suggestions and helping me optimize the team <3)

Katy

Banned deucer.
Necrozmas First Impression
164177164178164180164181164182 164179
Team Description:
This team is built around Necrozma with Volt-Turn Momentum, to start this off: Necrozma has Stealth Rock the Item is Leftovers combined with Moonlight it gives this Pokèmon longevity to be able to serve as a Rocks setter well throughout the entire game.
Mega-Blastoise is the spinner and Water Type switchin alongside Virizion, which is made bulky to check CB Zygarde better and consistent. Synthesis gives it longevity as well, it has its 2 STABs in Close Combat and Leaf Blade. The 4th Slot is Substitute.
Raikou is a strong breaker with Choice Specs and its amazing Speed. It is able to get rid of Flyogon, Zygarde and Noivern with HP Ice, meanwhile Volt Switch gives Momentum and
Thunderbolt is its strong STAB. It also has access to Shadow Ball to weaken pokemon like Bronzong, and being able to deal with Lightning Rod Alola Marowak.
Flygon is the Ground Immunity on this Team, it is scarfed to be able to deal with fast electric types such as Raikou and also Mega Ampharos.It can also revenge kill with its Earthquake / Outrage.
Last but not least we have Golisopod with Insect Plate to power up its two Bug Type Moves in First Impression and Leech Life. Liquidation is a stropng Water Move and able to Def drop the opponent + Aqua Jet as the second Priority.

Importable:
Necrozma @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Moonlight

Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Synthesis
- Substitute

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Golisopod @ Insect Plate
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/5c42980b20671cf0

Alright, we got some cool teams with offensive Necrozma action! Some focus on it's wallbreaking and luring capabilities, while others make good use of it's utility. Vote on your favorite Necrozma teams!

(Click Sprites for importable)

Basically, I love Synthesis Virizion and we needed to build around Necrozma so thats what I started with. Necrozma sets rocks and annoys steels with Heatwave and Knock Off. Vizirion is the Zydoge check on the team, with Synthesis to keep it healthy throughout the match. Florges is the main Hazard control, as well as being the Blastoise and (most) Fighting Type answer on the team. Milotic in general helped with things like Metagross and Arcanine. Flygon is the speed control as well as blocking Volt Switch. Steelix was an interesting last pick that helped vs things like Dragalge, Random Gunk Shots from random things, as well as giving me that amazing steel typing that the team really needed. It has Taunt to annoy stall and also helps vs Psychics, as the team was kinda annoyed by them. Anyways, thanks for reading, and have a good day!​

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 128 Def / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Klinklang @ Electrium Z
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise

Tsareena @ Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Necrozma @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 144 SpA / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

this team was originally built around the steelspam core of cb metagross + klinklang. predictably, it sucked, so i just replaced half the mons and ended up with this. anyways cm 3atks necroz is a very threatening breaker thats able to turn the tables on its usual counters like mandi mantine araq for tsareena and mudsdale and also means klinklang doesnt have to blow up its z on these mons. klinklang is the star of the team and does klinklang stuff although it kinda sucks as an anything resist. mudsdale is the rock resist and just general pdef sponge the evs make sure u 1v1 stoise i think, and beats dd zygarde which otherwise eats the team. raikou is the water switchin and forms a volturn core with tsareena, which is the ground resist and soften up walls for kk to sweep later. spin tsar sucks, most of the time it would rather just click a move rather than spin. scarf medi is the speed control. i dont remember why i actually ran it other than i feel good after a hjk lands
View attachment 164116View attachment 164117View attachment 164118View attachment 164120View attachment 164121View attachment 164122

Necrozma @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Defog

Virizion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Will-O-Wisp
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
i have stealth rock necrozma with psychium z as i think it's a pretty solid offensive rocker; with one calm mind shattered psyche/heat wave can ohko or cripple a good bunch of the tier and it has the advantage of being faster than all rockers, supporting it i have aerodactyl, who is able to take on fast threats like salazzle, noivern, and roserade; virizion which makes the enemy thinks twice before clicking a dark move and resists thousand arrows; gardevoir who provides speed control and utility with memento (i was torn between memento and healing wish but decided to go with the former since more than half of the mons in this team have recovery anyway) as it helps necrozma and virizion setup and for the defensive core i have mandibuzz for hazard control and physical wall and gastrodon which acts like a mega blastoise check and a fire and poison resistance

(thanks to the RU chat and discord server for giving suggestions and helping me optimize the team <3)
Necrozmas First Impression
View attachment 164177View attachment 164178View attachment 164180View attachment 164181View attachment 164182 View attachment 164179
Team Description:
This team is built around Necrozma with Volt-Turn Momentum, to start this off: Necrozma has Stealth Rock the Item is Leftovers combined with Moonlight it gives this Pokèmon longevity to be able to serve as a Rocks setter well throughout the entire game.
Mega-Blastoise is the spinner and Water Type switchin alongside Virizion, which is made bulky to check CB Zygarde better and consistent. Synthesis gives it longevity as well, it has its 2 STABs in Close Combat and Leaf Blade. The 4th Slot is Substitute.
Raikou is a strong breaker with Choice Specs and its amazing Speed. It is able to get rid of Flyogon, Zygarde and Noivern with HP Ice, meanwhile Volt Switch gives Momentum and
Thunderbolt is its strong STAB. It also has access to Shadow Ball to weaken pokemon like Bronzong, and being able to deal with Lightning Rod Alola Marowak.
Flygon is the Ground Immunity on this Team, it is scarfed to be able to deal with fast electric types such as Raikou and also Mega Ampharos.It can also revenge kill with its Earthquake / Outrage.
Last but not least we have Golisopod with Insect Plate to power up its two Bug Type Moves in First Impression and Leech Life. Liquidation is a stropng Water Move and able to Def drop the opponent + Aqua Jet as the second Priority.

Importable:
Necrozma @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Moonlight

Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Synthesis
- Substitute

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Golisopod @ Insect Plate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/5c42980b20671cf0

Please, remember to vote by monday!

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
This week winners are zizalith and Katy ,with both getting 2 votes.

Cycle 4: Ribombee

This week's subject is Ribombee. After being banned from NU, this Pokémon lived some hard times in the RU tier, only having a small niches, with its Quiver Dance set or, more seen on the ladder, as a Sticky Webs user. Despite its initial difficulties, Ribombee has becoming more and more popular in the tier and its viability has been increasing, mainly because of the rise of Fighting-types. Even though it has a overall bad bulk its typing gives it resists against the most common and better types in the metagame, working as a good offensive soft check to fighting types, grass types (except Roserade) and as a Thousand Arrows switch in, while also being good offensively, providing momentum with U-turn, hitting most Pokémon of the tier decently hard with Choice Specs, which is its premier option, and having an above average speed tier, outspeeding dangerous offensive threats like Noivern. This Pokémon also has some very interesting options on its moveset, so try to be innovative when you make your teams.

Rules:
  • You need to have Ribombee on your team.
  • Deadline: 24/03

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
CHOICE SPECS RIBOMBEE OFFENSE

Team Description:
Ribombee has Choice Specs with its two STABs in Moonblast and Bug Buzz, Hidden Power [FIRE] mainly to deal with Escavalier.
Its timid and with the help of the entire team and with weakening steel types in general it is able to pick off mons with its good STAB options.
Metagross is there with Meteor Mash and Earthquake, Earthquake for opposing steels, Stealth Rock to pressure the opposing team with hazards, mainly fire, ice and flying types;
Explosionis there to help against hazard removers to prevent them from spinning or defogging.
Mega-Blastoise is the third member and the rapid spinner and Ice Beam, Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse is perfect coverage for the RU tier,
which is Mega Launcher boosted and with modest nature its a pain to switch into it.
Next member is Shaymin with Z-Celebrate, which gives it a +1 in every single stat, so it is first off more difficult to deal with plus another fast and offensive pokemon on this squad.
Toxicroak is also on this team, gaining some attraction recently and is a fearsome physical wallbreaker with 2 amazing STABs and Sucker Punch as a coverage and to start mindgames with your opponent.
Sucker Punch also is capable to KO a pletora of mons after a Swords Dance boost and the item in Life Orb.
Last but not least Raikou with Choice Scarf to have speed control even against pokemon which are +1, it speed tiers with DD boosted Zygarde 10% and can outspeed Choice Banded version of Zygarde and OHKOs it with HP [ICE],

Importable:
Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn

Metagross @ Custap Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Shaymin @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power

Toxicroak (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/353ba45f2c40214d

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Golisopod @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Leech Life

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Throat Chop

Fun team around Specs Bee+OTR Kecleon. Complete lack of psychic/fairy/grass resist kinda sucks, but in practice it's really only Rose and Shay that are all that annoying. Bee typically spams its stabs or U-turns on Registeel into Kecleon. Golisopod blanket checks lots of useful stuff like Zyg/Fightings/Barb and acts as speed control. Raikou breaks for Bee, Goli or Kecleon to clean up in the late game. Stoise breaks and spins. Gigalith provides a blanket check to most special attackers and sets SR. So far this team has served me rather well. On my test alt RetiredLadderHero it went straight from 1400 to top 15.

I don't have too many replays, but this should give a general idea of how the team functions (i.e play it super aggro, sacrifice the lesser important breaker in the given mu to make room for the wincon to clean):

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-426699https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-870137281

Attachments

Bebo said I should post so here we are
Quiver Dance Ribombee Bulky Offense

This team rocks a Quiver Dance Ribombee, which i personally consider to be the best set in this meta for a multitude of reasons. Roost is amazing so you can repeatedly switch into Virizion, and Mega Blastoise almost countlessly, and Fairium Z is just an all around amazing nuking move for shit like Umbreon, and other mons. HP Fire does like 35 to Metagross unboosted which is phenomenal damage especially after you start boosting. Raikou is there to break bulky waters and things like Golisopod. Machamp is absolutely amazing when it comes to being a wallbreaker and synergizes with Raikou amazingly, because it stops the bulky special walls that will usually stop Raikou in it's tracks and prevent a sweep. Mega Blastoise is just here for removal and it's pretty much just your bread and butter Mega Toise spread and set. Roserade is here to set up Spikes, and make Ribombee's job easier while breaking bulky waters for the team. Metagross is my stealth rocker and is easily the best choice for this team as it provides a Rock, and Flying type check.

Importable

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)