Project RU Teambuilding Competition『Cycle 7: Rock-types! - Voting』

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
This week we got some very cool offense teams. Katy took a more standard but still solid approach with some cool sets like Z-Celebrate Shaymin and Choice Scarf. Eifo made a similar team, while using the underrated Gigalith and being very creative with OTR Kecleon. Loom posted a team with a different set, Quiver Dance+Roost Ribombee, pairing it with Pokémon like Roserade, which helps Ribombee a lot with Spikes and Machamp that can defeat Steel-types for it. Vote on your favorite teams.

Ribombee has Choice Specs with its two STABs in Moonblast and Bug Buzz, Hidden Power [FIRE] mainly to deal with Escavalier.
Its timid and with the help of the entire team and with weakening steel types in general it is able to pick off mons with its good STAB options.
Metagross is there with Meteor Mash and Earthquake, Earthquake for opposing steels, Stealth Rock to pressure the opposing team with hazards, mainly fire, ice and flying types;
Explosionis there to help against hazard removers to prevent them from spinning or defogging.
Mega-Blastoise is the third member and the rapid spinner and Ice Beam, Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse is perfect coverage for the RU tier,
which is Mega Launcher boosted and with modest nature its a pain to switch into it.
Next member is Shaymin with Z-Celebrate, which gives it a +1 in every single stat, so it is first off more difficult to deal with plus another fast and offensive pokemon on this squad.
Toxicroak is also on this team, gaining some attraction recently and is a fearsome physical wallbreaker with 2 amazing STABs and Sucker Punch as a coverage and to start mindgames with your opponent.
Sucker Punch also is capable to KO a pletora of mons after a Swords Dance boost and the item in Life Orb.
Last but not least Raikou with Choice Scarf to have speed control even against pokemon which are +1, it speed tiers with DD boosted Zygarde 10% and can outspeed Choice Banded version of Zygarde and OHKOs it with HP [ICE]
https://pokepast.es/353ba45f2c40214d
Fun team around Specs Bee+OTR Kecleon. Complete lack of psychic/fairy/grass resist kinda sucks, but in practice it's really only Rose and Shay that are all that annoying. Bee typically spams its stabs or U-turns on Registeel into Kecleon. Golisopod blanket checks lots of useful stuff like Zyg/Fightings/Barb and acts as speed control. Raikou breaks for Bee, Goli or Kecleon to clean up in the late game. Stoise breaks and spins. Gigalith provides a blanket check to most special attackers and sets SR. So far this team has served me rather well. On my test alt RetiredLadderHero it went straight from 1400 to top 15.

I don't have too many replays, but this should give a general idea of how the team functions (i.e play it super aggro, sacrifice the lesser important breaker in the given mu to make room for the wincon to clean):
Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Leech Life

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Throat Chop
This team rocks a Quiver Dance Ribombee, which i personally consider to be the best set in this meta for a multitude of reasons. Roost is amazing so you can repeatedly switch into Virizion, and Mega Blastoise almost countlessly, and Fairium Z is just an all around amazing nuking move for shit like Umbreon, and other mons. HP Fire does like 35 to Metagross unboosted which is phenomenal damage especially after you start boosting. Raikou is there to break bulky waters and things like Golisopod. Machamp is absolutely amazing when it comes to being a wallbreaker and synergizes with Raikou amazingly, because it stops the bulky special walls that will usually stop Raikou in it's tracks and prevent a sweep. Mega Blastoise is just here for removal and it's pretty much just your bread and butter Mega Toise spread and set. Roserade is here to set up Spikes, and make Ribombee's job easier while breaking bulky waters for the team. Metagross is my stealth rocker and is easily the best choice for this team as it provides a Rock, and Flying type check.
https://pokepast.es/0d8ff49f8c147500

You can vote until Friday.

Congratulations to Loom and eifo for winning this cycle! Let's hop into the dark horses of Grass-type faction:

Cycle 5: Obscure Grass-Types!

Due to the extremely powerful and dominant Grass-types in the tier, such as Shaymin, Roserade, and Virizion, there are a lot of other Grass-types that end on their shadow. Examples include Tsareena and Dhelmise, which can spin and deliver powerful hits; Rotom-Mow, which can Defog and pivot with Volt Switch; Tangela and Torterra, which can offer a lot of defensive utility and check many attackers on the tier; and many other offensive attackers, such as Sceptile, Venusaur, Decidueye, Whimsicott and even Alolan Exeggutor! What can we build with the most niche Grass-types?

Rules:
  • Your team must have a Grass-type in B Rank or lower. Therefore, Roserade, Virizion, Shaymin and Mega Abomasnow are banned.
  • Deadline: 05/04

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Happy Dhelmise

Download.jpg 1200px-758Salazzle.png 250px-Sugimori_376.png 250px-Sugimori_243.png 250px-080Slowbro.png contagious_bite___flygon_tf_by_dragondestruction-d4ma9f0.png

Team Description:
I started my teambuilding process around Dhelmise because of the fighting and grass spam in the tier and I think Dhelmise can act with a Choice Band as an offensive check to them.
Dhelmise profits from an amazing ability in Steel Worker giving at practically a third STAB option combined with a trappin' move in Anchor Shot to prevent mons from switching out.
The other Moves are its main STABs - Power Whip is its best grass type STAB, cause of the high base power and Shadow Claw is another good STAB. Knock off is in general a good coverage option and move.
The 2nd one is Salazzle, which became more popular recently again, so I thought its a nice addition as a special breaker with its NP + Z-Move set.
Metagross is my 3rd member on this squad helping out as a another fairy resist and also as a psychic check. It has the item in Shuca Berry due to it being able to survive
ground moves from other pkmn. It is the Rocks Setter and has the two STABs as they have a good power and they're able to hit pretty hard. Last Move is Toxic being able to cripple the opposing team a lil bit.
Raikou is our momentum giver with Volt Switch which can be abused pretty well with a Choice Specs, T-Bolt is its other e-type move meanwhile Shadow Ball is able to damage gardevoir, Bronzong and Metagross.
meanwhile my physical tank and water and ice resist is Slowbro, which acts like a glue to this team and it has a cool ability and it can switch pretty comfortable into Zygarde 10%.
Zygarde 10, especially after a DD - can be kinda threatening to that team so I decided to go with Slowbro as it is able to tank a +3 Thousand Arrows from Full and a +1 Devestating Drake.
Flygon is the next member on this team with the Choice Scarf Defog set, as hazard removal is pretty important for Salazzle as it does not like to switch into Rocks after all.
It is also able to outpace CB Zygarde, scarfers which are slower and it is capable of revenge killing weakened foes with its ground or dragon STAB.

Importable:
Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Shadow Claw
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Raikou @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Defog

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2fd1835343c9dbb7

T
angela Bulky Offense

CLICK US!

I decided to build this team around Tangela. Tangela is great in the RU meta at the moment due to the fact that it's an extremely reliable Zygarde 10% answer. Scarf Houndoom is here for speed control, and utility with Destiny Bond functioning as a stellar Ninetales pivot while also maintaining an offensive presence. Machamp acts as a breaker for Steel-Types and Bulky Waters. Mega Blastoise is here for hazard removal and checking mons like Metagross, while also being a solid Bulky Water. Rhyperior is my Salazzle check and Stealth Rock setter. And lastly Florges is here for Wish support, which helps out Mega Blastoise and Machamp, letting them last longer throughout the game. Florges is also great for checking mons like opposing Machamp, Mandibuzz, and Mega Blastoise.

Decidueyes Trap House

The concept of the team is to get Decidueye to trap Steel-types like Metagross and Registeel and deal with them so that the rest of the team can put in work. Once they are gone Pokemon like Florges/Gardevoir and Dragalge work very well together both defensively and offensively. Tyrantrums head smash has less checks as well making it hard for the opposition to handle. Toxic Spikes use vs bulky Pokemon and Decidueyes ability to beat Steel-types allows Gardevoir to sweep during the end game. Necrozma is used as the hazard setter as its weakness is easily checked by Florges.

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Roost

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem

Sorry its a little late :<​

MeeMoon78

Banned deucer.
Sorry for being late.

This is the team I built: https://pokepast.es/4a3bb92bd3c393eb
Its a stall team that uses Porygon2 and Florges as its special walls.
Tangela is the psychical wall. Mandibuzz is my defogger and my second psychical wall. Mandibuzz manages to switch into predicted ground moves for Diancie. Florges manages to switch into fighting moves aimed at Porygon2. Porygon2 manages to swap into special and psychical steel moves for florges. Banette manages to burn the opponents psychical attackers and kill one of their pokemon with a priority Destiny Bond. Diancie is my stealth rocker and counter to threats such as ninetales.

Last edited:
And now, voting time begins! I love how the teams submitted capitalize on recent trends to fill holes on building, making the Pokémon used really stand out with their utility. Please, vote on your favorite team!

Happy Dhelmise

View attachment 168369 View attachment 168367 View attachment 168366 View attachment 168365 View attachment 168364 View attachment 168368

Team Description:
I started my teambuilding process around Dhelmise because of the fighting and grass spam in the tier and I think Dhelmise can act with a Choice Band as an offensive check to them.
Dhelmise profits from an amazing ability in Steel Worker giving at practically a third STAB option combined with a trappin' move in Anchor Shot to prevent mons from switching out.
The other Moves are its main STABs - Power Whip is its best grass type STAB, cause of the high base power and Shadow Claw is another good STAB. Knock off is in general a good coverage option and move.
The 2nd one is Salazzle, which became more popular recently again, so I thought its a nice addition as a special breaker with its NP + Z-Move set.
Metagross is my 3rd member on this squad helping out as a another fairy resist and also as a psychic check. It has the item in Shuca Berry due to it being able to survive
ground moves from other pkmn. It is the Rocks Setter and has the two STABs as they have a good power and they're able to hit pretty hard. Last Move is Toxic being able to cripple the opposing team a lil bit.
Raikou is our momentum giver with Volt Switch which can be abused pretty well with a Choice Specs, T-Bolt is its other e-type move meanwhile Shadow Ball is able to damage gardevoir, Bronzong and Metagross.
meanwhile my physical tank and water and ice resist is Slowbro, which acts like a glue to this team and it has a cool ability and it can switch pretty comfortable into Zygarde 10%.
Zygarde 10, especially after a DD - can be kinda threatening to that team so I decided to go with Slowbro as it is able to tank a +3 Thousand Arrows from Full and a +1 Devestating Drake.
Flygon is the next member on this team with the Choice Scarf Defog set, as hazard removal is pretty important for Salazzle as it does not like to switch into Rocks after all.
It is also able to outpace CB Zygarde, scarfers which are slower and it is capable of revenge killing weakened foes with its ground or dragon STAB.

Importable:
Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Shadow Claw
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Defog

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2fd1835343c9dbb7
View attachment 168280Tangela Bulky Offense

CLICK US!

I decided to build this team around Tangela. Tangela is great in the RU meta at the moment due to the fact that it's an extremely reliable Zygarde 10% answer. Scarf Houndoom is here for speed control, and utility with Destiny Bond functioning as a stellar Ninetales pivot while also maintaining an offensive presence. Machamp acts as a breaker for Steel-Types and Bulky Waters. Mega Blastoise is here for hazard removal and checking mons like Metagross, while also being a solid Bulky Water. Rhyperior is my Salazzle check and Stealth Rock setter. And lastly Florges is here for Wish support, which helps out Mega Blastoise and Machamp, letting them last longer throughout the game. Florges is also great for checking mons like opposing Machamp, Mandibuzz, and Mega Blastoise.

Decidueyes Trap House

The concept of the team is to get Decidueye to trap Steel-types like Metagross and Registeel and deal with them so that the rest of the team can put in work. Once they are gone Pokemon like Florges/Gardevoir and Dragalge work very well together both defensively and offensively. Tyrantrums head smash has less checks as well making it hard for the opposition to handle. Toxic Spikes use vs bulky Pokemon and Decidueyes ability to beat Steel-types allows Gardevoir to sweep during the end game. Necrozma is used as the hazard setter as its weakness is easily checked by Florges.

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Roost

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem

Sorry its a little late :<​
Sorry for being late.

This is the team I built: https://pokepast.es/4a3bb92bd3c393eb
Its a stall team that uses Porygon2 and Florges as its special walls.
Tangela is the psychical wall. Mandibuzz is my defogger and my second psychical wall. Mandibuzz manages to switch into predicted ground moves for Diancie. Florges manages to switch into fighting moves aimed at Porygon2. Porygon2 manages to swap into special and psychical steel moves for florges. Banette manages to burn the opponents psychical attackers and kill one of their pokemon with a priority Destiny Bond. Diancie is my stealth rocker and counter to threats such as ninetales.

I dig a lot all of Katy, Loom and DBW's teams, each one with a different concept of Bulky Offense team and approaches that maximize their Grass-type potential. That said, my vote goes to Loom since i liked a lot his Tangela/Blastoise/Rhyperior core and the team just fits very well together.

Please, remember to vote by Thursday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)