RU Threat List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top top or top 5 top?

Also, no love for Slaking. Granted his ability is less than desirable but in a tier where the quality of walls (bar Cresselia + random eviolite abusers) he should be able to revenge a lot of things.
Top top. Number one baby.
I tried using Slaking a while back. It's a beastly revenger when using the move Retaliate, but Truant makes it extremely underwhelming in general :/

If quagsire does get moved to OU, then what water/ground types can we use in RU? I mean, I don't even know what tier swampert and gastrodon are in... although I'm pretty sure that we have whiscash, I want to use swampert in RU. Hopefully it will decline enough to be an RU pokemon. But seriously, what tier are gastrodon and swampert in?

Swampert is still rather comfortable in OU, it's prolly only going to drop if Thundurus gets banned or something.

Gastrodon is in RU iirc.

Gastrodon isn't far off becoming UU either, sitting at spot #63. We can always hope he doesn't rise, I'm sure Gastrodon likes being the big fish in the little pond.

First Rhyperior left, that was just plain hard. I lost 100 points on the ladder from using Rhydon. If Gastrodon goes to UU, I will rage so hard my curses will be heard around the world. Also, getting back on topic, I've found CB Sneasel to actually work (and no, its not that gimmicky). Punishment (Sneasel doesn't get Night Slash, and is a giant fuck you to all CM Cresselia, being more powerful than Night Slash after Cress has 1 CM up)/ Ice Punch/ Ice Shard/ Brick Break hits a lot in this tier, and is a check to all Yanmega. Sure, it loses to CB Entei, but that's what team support is for. Obviously its not going on the OP just yet, but if enough people use it...

I've contemplated using Sneasel for a while but never actually put him on my team. How much damage does Ice Shard do to a Yanmega?

First Rhyperior left, that was just plain hard. I lost 100 points on the ladder from using Rhydon. If Gastrodon goes to UU, I will rage so hard my curses will be heard around the world. Also, getting back on topic, I've found CB Sneasel to actually work (and no, its not that gimmicky). Punishment (Sneasel doesn't get Night Slash, and is a giant fuck you to all CM Cresselia, being more powerful than Night Slash after Cress has 1 CM up)/ Ice Punch/ Ice Shard/ Brick Break hits a lot in this tier, and is a check to all Yanmega. Sure, it loses to CB Entei, but that's what team support is for. Obviously its not going on the OP just yet, but if enough people use it...
Wait I think i fought you then.... Alakazam outspeeds though so he can focus blast sneasel out of there. I'm pretty sure i fought you today since I fought a sneasel with punishment.... It needs to be faster in my opinion to win.

I've contemplated using Sneasel for a while but never actually put him on my team. How much damage does Ice Shard do to a Yanmega?
Wait I think i fought you then.... Alakazam outspeeds though so he can focus blast sneasel out of there. I'm pretty sure i fought you today since I fought a sneasel with punishment.... It needs to be faster in my opinion to win.
Adamant max atk CB Sneasel's Ice Shard does 63-75% to 0 HP Yanmega, Jolly does 57-68%. Easy KO with Rocks, and Sneasel can outspeed Tinted Lens variants and hit with Ice Punch.

Same Sneasel does about 1% more to 4 HP Alakazam. Won't KO with Rocks, so yes, it can take it out with Focus Blast.

I've run some calcs (assuming Sneasel is 252 Atk with Choice Band, and Yanmega is 4 HP/0 Def):

If Sneasel is Jolly:
Code:
433 Atk vs 208 Def & 314 HP (40 Base Power): 180 - 212 (57.32% - 67.52%)
Therefore, it's an OHKO if you have Stealth Rocks, since Yanmega will be taking 50% damage from SR.

If Sneasel is Adamant:
Code:
475 Atk vs 208 Def & 314 HP (40 Base Power): 198 - 234 (63.06% - 74.52%)
Not really much different, so Jolly will serve you better, at least in this respect. Still an OHKO with SR, and a 2HKO otherwise.

Also, I've found Choice Scarf Primeape to be a fantastic revenge killer. Running this:
Code:
Primeape (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Vital Spirit
 EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
 Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
 - Close Combat
 - U-turn
 - Stone Edge
 - Fire Punch
It scares a lot of stuff out and is really good for revenging stuff that's set up, mostly Venomoth/Lilligant, as it outspeeds Venomoth at +1 for sure, and I'm pretty sure the same holds true for Lilligant. Definitely one of my favorite RU Pokemon to use.

EDIT: ninja'd about Sneasel

Also, I've found Choice Scarf Primeape to be a fantastic revenge killer. Running this:
]It scares a lot of stuff out and is really good for revenging stuff that's set up, mostly Venomoth/Lilligant, as it outspeeds Venomoth at +1 for sure, and I'm pretty sure the same holds true for Lilligant. Definitely one of my favorite RU Pokemon to use.
I don't know, its a little bit past its prime, especially since Venomoth went UU...

EDIT: No pun intended, I didn't even realize what I said until after I posted ^^

CB Sneasel always does over 50% to standard Yanmega (both sets) so it's a KO after rocks. Same for CB Piloswine, as Piloswine has a higher base attack of 100.

I was using CB Piloswine when RU was fairly new and i Just invest in attack and HP, I wasn't sure which pokemon to outspeed in the tier mayebI should try him out again but with some speed investment. Base 50 speed is pretty slow but not slow enough to deal some damage to some of the slow walls in the tier or EQ and Icircle Crash and Super Power/ Stone Edge. Piloswine also gets Snowcloak against Hail teams too

Edit: ah ninja'd by so many :(

I don't know, its a little bit past its prime, especially since Venomoth went UU...
You may be right... It still is pretty useful though, having a powerful Fighting move is still really useful, plus it gets really nice coverage.

I suppose the better revenge killer would be Scarf Typhlosion?

@Kniteowl Piloswine may have higher base attack, but 5 base attack isn't a huge difference. Sneasel's speed is a lot more important IMO, as its actually able to kill Tinted Lens Yanmega if Rocks are not up without taking a major hit (Bug Buzz does 50-60% damage to max HP/ 4 Sp. Def Piloswine, edited for running the calc with Sneasel by accident)
@California I'd say so, but I havn't tested either, so you probably have a better say on the matter than I do.

You may be right... It still is pretty useful though, having a powerful Fighting move is still really useful, plus it gets really nice coverage.

I suppose the better revenge killer would be Scarf Typhlosion?
Well, Typhlosion's usefulness is hindered by Stealth Rock weakening Eruption, and the fact that his Eruption isn't as strong against bulky Pokemon (Cresselia, Umbreon, Gastrodon, etc.) as it would appear to be. I only used Scarf Typhlosion in Gen IV UU, but it's stopped by the exact same defensive threats and Stealth Rock existed back then too, so I figured I'd add my input on it.

If you could bring Typhlosion in at full health he could really wreck some shit with Eruption. But take that with a grain of salt, as i'm the tiniest bit biased.

If you could bring Typhlosion in at full health he could really wreck some shit with Eruption. But take that with a grain of salt, as i'm the tiniest bit biased.
No salt needed really. At full health, Eruption deals major chunks to anything not named Cresselia, Umbreon (to an extent), Rhydon, Rhyperior (for the time being), Blastiose (also for the time being), Gastrodon, and Quagsire.

No salt needed really. At full health, Eruption deals major chunks to anything not named Cresselia, Umbreon (to an extent), Rhydon, Rhyperior (for the time being), Blastiose (also for the time being), Gastrodon, and Quagsire.
Agreed. Unfortunately, with Stealth Rock being so common, Typhlosion"s looking at coming in at 75% tops, assuming he doesn't take any damage from the enemy. Of course, since he'd be revenging something he probably wouldn't have to worry about taking an attack as he'd be brought in after a Pokemon fainted.

What about using a different Fire move instead? Fire Blast or Flamethrower seem like they could make him more reliable.

Agreed. Unfortunately, with Stealth Rock being so common, Typhlosion"s looking at coming in at 75% tops, assuming he doesn't take any damage from the enemy. Of course, since he'd be revenging something he probably wouldn't have to worry about taking an attack as he'd be brought in after a Pokemon fainted.

What about using a different Fire move instead? Fire Blast or Flamethrower seem like they could make him more reliable.
That's why you run both Fire Blast and Eruption, in case you don't have very high health, which is entirely probable late-game.

Yeah...Typhlosion doesn't really have any other options anyway. Eruption/Fire Blast/Focus Blast/HP Grass is the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)